Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non national homeless

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

biko wrote: »
    . Don't degrade your fellow Irish by calling them lazy.

And dont romanticise them by going on like they're all great. A good chunk couldn't give two fooks about the country, flinging their litter as they go, hanging around in groups as teenagers doing nothing bar causing trouble for others.

Plenty 0f us had part time jobs at 16 and have worked ever since. Plenty dont.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

When I moved to Finland I had 3 months to find work, luckily I got work so there was no problems, but nobody came looking for me and I didn’t let the Finnish government know I had gotten work.
    Theres ways around getting work, in Finland they have a really hard time keeping the Russians out, the Finnish much like us have the exact same problem and talk amongst themselves that they are far too soft on “foreigners” and are also seen as a welfare state. It was fairly easy to integrate without doing much.
    Straight to the immigration office queued up for 3 hours to tell them I had arrived with my finnish gf at the time and was looking for work they stamped a form and I had 3 months. I brought this form to another office and I was given a temporary social security number, with this number I opened a bank account and then I could apply for jobs. But as I said after I got a job I didn’t actually inform anyone. I just worked away and kept the head down. But I probably should have told them I had gotten work.

Also a guy I knew From Sligo was living in Finland like a waster with his Finnish missus for 2 years jobless but was studying or something. He found it difficult to find work. Never actually met the guy, can’t remember how I connected with him maybe Facebook or something. Not sure if he was getting his dole or getting finnish dole. He wasn’t getting booted out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

However, if someone from EU is here 10 years and settled and loses their job, then it's only fair that they be treated equally to "natives". Not immediately deported

Apologies didn't see the post ,

Totally agree if you have being working and supporting yourself or family long term and lose your job 10 years down the line you should be entitled to government supports ,

But the idea of new arrivals declaring themselves homelessness and unemployed and getting long term supports is rediculous imo ,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Graces7 wrote: »
    Could you explain that please as it does.

It really doesn't, Ireland has a habitual residence condition for access to social welfare benefits.

More information on that here https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/social_assistance_payments/residency_requirements_for_social_assistance_in_ireland.html

It's quite surprising to me that often the same people who complain about freeloading immigrants milking out system, are quite often the same people complaining that Irish people returning from abroad can't access benefits for this exact reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

And dont romanticise them by going on like they're all great. A good chunk couldn't give too fooks about the country, flinging their litter as they go, hanging around in groups as teenagers doing nothing bar causing trouble for others.

Plenty 0f us had part time jobs at 16 and have worked ever since. Plenty dont.........
    Sure, there may be problematic citizens but as long as they're Irish we will deal with them ourselves.
    Its better to motivate people that are already here than to import people that will just add to the general burden of society. Their own society will have to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,239 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Gatling wrote: »
    But the idea of new arrivals declaring themselves homelessness and unemployed and getting long term supports is rediculous imo ,

Well you won't find many to disagree with you on that :)

What can irritate me is that people blame the EU for it. EU doesn't force it. I think that there is a certain level of taking the piss that can be tolerated. That's no harm. But if it annoys a person, the target of their ire should not be Brussels

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭malinheader

And immigrants coming here expect that?
    If you really think so, take out every worker in spars centras and huge amounts of IT industry and you’ll be left with tens of thousands of empty jobs.
    Jobs a lot of our Irish won’t do by the way.

Well perhaps it's time some of our own lifetime benefits claimants were offered these jobs that you say they won't do. If turned down then stop there benefit's.
    I am not picking on migrants only I am highlighting the soft and easy way of life our benefit system has become,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Well perhaps it's time some of our own lifetime benefits claimants were offered these jobs that you say they won't do. If turned down then stop there benefit's.
    I am not picking on migrants only I am highlighting the soft and easy way of life our benefit system has become,

€205 a week is no easy living. Trust me on that. It’s bately existing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

Dude89 wrote: »

This should be repeated forcall tjose complaing about de bloody immigrants

‘The move follows growing concern over non-EU nationals becoming trapped in emergency accommodation, as they are not legally entitled to go on the housing list.’

As they are not legally allowed on the housing list.

Read it an read it again.

• Advertisement

2 posts! Hello:)

Illegal immigrants and asylum seekers aren’t allowed take jobs here.

But you know that I’m sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Illegal immigrants

Shouldn’t be here, send them packing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭malinheader

Agreed. But it is all some working people are left with and less after there rent, mortgage and maybe travel expenses are deducted from their pay. Not to mention a trip to the doctor with a child and then medication with no medical card.
    Self employed is even worse, some weeks you would be glad of 205 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

This should be repeated forcall tjose complaing about de bloody immigrants

‘The move follows growing concern over non-EU nationals becoming trapped in emergency accommodation, as they are not legally entitled to go on the housing list.’

As they are not legally allowed on the housing list.

Read it an read it again.

They're bypassing immigration and presenting as homless read the qoute "Do not have the right to reside in Ireland" you read it again.

Agreed. But it is all some working people are left with and less after there rent, mortgage and maybe travel expenses are deducted from their pay. Not to mention a trip to the doctor with a child and then medication with no medical card.
    Self employed is even worse, some weeks you would be glad of 205 euro.

I know too well. Just closed my business 5 months ago after 6 years and had to sign on. It’s horrific how self employed are treated by the state but by social welfare especially. but that’s another topic. Fact is 205 isn’t even a living standard once you’ve paid all the things you mentioned.
    You can’t pay for the things you mentioned in a lot of cases. Can’t afford to go the doctor or late on the electricity bill and on and on. I don’t even have WiFi or any of that. Can’t scford it.
    Then apply for hundreds of jobs trying to explain a 6 year long gap on your cv and a failed business.

Personally right now I’m trapped. And I’ve been luckier still than most. So I completely understand how others get trapped. Especially if they’re born into that generational dole life poorer scenario. I have empathy for it.

Dude89 wrote: »
    They're bypassing immigration and presenting as homless read the qoute "Do not have the right to reside in Ireland" you read it again.

You can’t bypass immigration to get into the country. You can’t bypass the system at all. People have to engage in it in order to get the money/ free houses you seek to think they all have.
    So they don’t have feee houses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Getting up at 630 am and going to work everyday , paying a mortgage and everything else is no easy living either.

PS my tax pays for that 205 each week too.

You can’t bypass immigration to get into the country.

Of course you can. Are you aware how easy it is to go from Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland? Are all border crossings manned by immigration control? FFS.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Getting up at 630 am and going to work everyday , paying a mortgage and everything else is no easy living either.

PS my tax pays for that 205 each week too.

You’re a hero. We need more like you!

Ps can you just PayPal it to me? That be great thanks :) DM for details :)

You’re a hero. We need more like you!

Ps can you just PayPal it to me? That be great thanks :) DM for details :)

No I'm just a normal tax paying contributor. There are plenty of us but we are being taken for a ride.

Where is your gratitude to the working men and women who pay for everything?

• Advertisement

So they don’t have feee houses

90 million in unpaid rents and arrears owed in social housing currently ,

No such thing as a free house except to those who can't be arsed paying for it

Blueshoe wrote: »
    No I'm just a normal tax paying contributor. There are plenty of us but we are being taken for a ride.

Where is your gratitude to the working men and women who pay for everything?

What do you want. Roses? How is this gratitude to be expressed to you personally exactly?

So we have a new group to complain about. Those actually in social housing.

Right.

*or maybe it comes down to council doesn’t it? They won’t collect the rent but they won’t allow more housing to be built cos they can’t afford it.

There’s a link there I’m sure. Can’t put my finger on it.

2 posts! Hello:)

You joined 6 weeks ago and have 900 posts. Pot, kettle comes to mind.

And no way to evict those in arrears, so no incentive for them to pay the pittance they are being charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Attack the post, not the poster.

dudara

So we have a new group to complain about. Those actually in social housing.

No the system and people who refuse to acknowledge any issues and are more than happy to use the another bashing thread to shut down any discussion

What do you want. Roses? How is this gratitude to be expressed to you personally exactly?

Not to me personally. I'm only a small cog in a society of contributors.

Are you a fellow creditor or are you a debitor?

I had to sell my laptop because I had to close my business and couldn’t find work. Now I managed to buy a phone. But go you

• Advertisement

No the system and people who refuse to acknowledge any issues and are more than happy to use the another bashing thread to shut down any discussion

How many bash poor people threads does boards need?

Maybe we should ask the mods to merge them all?

Advertisement