Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Chocolate Tournament

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Cadbury's Caramel isn't even the best caramel bar out there lads ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Mint crisp and caramel are both lovely but I'd go with mint crisp

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cdeb wrote: »
    Toblerone loses out because it's the only bar of chocolate I've managed to cut myself on.

I once broke a back tooth in half after biting into a Dairy Milk that had been in the fridge. Chocolate related injuries are probably more common than we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And that's that! Mint Crisp is the winner of the tie. I'll get Round 2 up and running in a bit. As requested, here's the ones that are left.

1 Mars Bar
    2 Kinder Bueno
    3 Double Decker
    4 Yellow Snack (Shortcake)
    5 Golden Crisp
    6 Twix
    7 Kit Kat
    8 Aero
    9 Bounty
    10 Snickers
    11 Yorkie
    12 Mint Aero
    13 Boost
    14 Fry's Turkish
    15 Milky Way
    16 Cadbury's Mint Crisp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I lost part of a tooth on a Yorkie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Kivaro wrote: »
    Not getting 2 votes just because you did it in green.

No, I'm going to get two votes because you quoted it! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

How did mint crisp beat toblerone and caramel. Who even are you people

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Zaph wrote: »
    I once broke a back tooth in half after biting into a Dairy Milk that had been in the fridge. Chocolate related injuries are probably more common than we think.
    Going completely off topic (but hey, why not?), I did have a filling fall out while eating a Caramel bar, but I didn't notice until I bit back down on the filling, which went right back into the nerve and cracked the tooth so badly it ultimately fell out.

Another reason not to vote for the Caramel bar.

(Though they're still nice!)

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Omackeral wrote: »
    And that's that! Mint Crisp is the winner of the tie. I'll get Round 2 up and running in a bit. As requested, here's the ones that are left.

1 Mars Bar
    2 Kinder Bueno
    3 Double Decker
    5 Golden Crisp
    6 Twix
    7 Kit Kat
    8 Aero
    9 Bounty
    10 Snickers
    11 Yorkie
    12 Mint Aero
    13 Boost
    14 Fry's Turkish
    15 Milky Way
    16 Cadbury's Mint Crisp

Where can we watch a live stream of the draw? I presume it's like the draw for the Champions League or Europa League where you'll draw numbered balls from a bowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Off topic! Pun intended?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

branie2 wrote: »
    I lost part of a tooth on a Yorkie.

A Kit Kat shot my granddad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Caramel hasn’t been the same since they changed the bar format and the chocolate texture. The original caramel was a thing of magnificence.

I’m know I’m too late, but I’d plump for Mint Crisp

Was Purple Snack even in the running? IMHO it’s far superior to yellow & pink Snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Omackeral wrote: »

1 Mars Bar
    2 Kinder Bueno
    3 Double Decker
    5 Golden Crisp
    6 Twix
    7 Kit Kat
    8 Aero
    9 Bounty
    10 Snickers
    11 Yorkie
    12 Mint Aero
    13 Boost
    14 Fry's Turkish
    15 Milky Way
    16 Cadbury's Mint Crisp

Some potentially great matches in here. Hard to say who'll be the inevitable champion at this stage. Lots of strong contenders no real underdogs or bars that had a lucky first draw.
    We've got a fantastic season ahead of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

bluewolf wrote: »
    How did mint crisp beat toblerone and caramel. Who even are you people
    I demand a recount!

Even if it costs a million quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

No, I'm going to get two votes because you quoted it! :D
    You've a problem.
    Even your smiley face is green.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

dudara wrote: »
    Was Purple Snack even in the running? IMHO it’s far superior to yellow & pink Snack.

Purple Snack is the creepy uncle of the Snack family, or even in all of Chocolatedom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Purple snack is the best of the snacks

Purple Snack is the creepy uncle of the Snack family, or even in all of Chocolatedom.

It’s the king of the Corporate coffee break. Kept me alive through many a tedious workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Kivaro wrote: »
    You've a problem.
    Even your smiley face is green.

Ẃ̴͞e͝҉ ̕a̸͞r̵͜͢e ̸̢th͝e̢̧͡ ̶B͜͟ơ̸ŕ̀̕g̨.͘҉ L̶ó̴͟w̕͡ę̀͢r̕ y̨͟o͠u̢͞r̛̛̕ s̢hi͏e̢̛l̴̨ds ́a̶͘̕n̴͢͞d̷̡ ̧s͝ųr͠r̛e҉̢n͝҉̨d̵̵̢er ̶y̵ou͢͞͡r҉̷ ҉͏̀ś͝h̡͢i̴p̢s̴̛̕.̷́ ̡͟͢W͘é̢̀ ̛w̸͏i̢l̕͝l̵̀͜ ̢̧a̢d̢̛͟d́́͜ y͏o͜ur ̸͠b͏̛i̧òl̷o͢g̶̴į́c̶͘a̵̷͢l̸͝ ̸̡͠an̴̨̕d͏̕̕ ̢te̷c͟h̢͟n҉̢ol̕o̴͞g̴i̕c̵̛a̸͠l ̢d͘i͝s̶̀ti͜n̶͠ct̀͟iv҉͜͝e̶n̸͢ę̡́ş̧҉s͘ ̸̨to o͝u͢͝r̛ ̴͡҉o͝w̸͠͞n.́̕͢ ̸͏Y̡òu̸͝r̶͞ c̢u͢lt̡̨u̡r̵͢ę̕ ͏will̡͢ ̛a͡d̵́͞a̢͘pt ͞t̕͠͝o͘͝͡ ̕͞ś̷͡e̷͝͞r͝v̛́͜i͞͏҉c͟ę҉ ͜u͏̸̛s͏̸.̧̀ ͟R̸̢e͡s͞i͟͠s̴͞t͝a̕nc͏e̵ ̧̡҉i̧͟ś̵͜ f̶͘u̶̢t̨́i̶͜ĺe͏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

bluewolf wrote: »
    Purple snack is the best of the snacks

I agree the purple snack should have made the cut. Also the fat ass kit kat should have been in the running. Far superior to its skinny ass sister

dudara wrote: »
    It’s the king of the Corporate coffee break. Kept me alive through many a tedious workshop.
    I don't do 'Corporate' or even 'coffee'. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm aghast that Star Bar was defeated so soundly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm aghast that Star Bar was defeated so soundly.

That was very wrong.
    And I feel somewhat responsible as I hadn't found this thread and didn't vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I’d consider both purple and yellow Snacks as biscuits rather than bars. In saying that, yellow would win of the 3 any day of the week. The only good thing a pink Snack has ever done is fornicate with a Flake to make a Time Out (RIP).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

How did Wispa not make it through?

Balanadan wrote: »
    Where can we watch a live stream of the draw? I presume it's like the draw for the Champions League or Europa League where you'll draw numbered balls from a bowl?

I was thinking more like this.

960.jpg

This is a real thing that happened last week by the way, legitimately in a chocolate factory.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Yeah the new Caramel is awful. Why are confectionary companies hell bent on reducing the quality of their products?! Cadbury especially of late - crap new Time Out also.

Yeah the new Caramel is awful. Why are confectionary companies hell bent on reducing the quality of their products?! Cadbury especially of late - crap new Time Out also.
    Probably making savings on the quality and quantity of the ingredients, and hoping that since they're all doing it, we'll just get used to the new version and keep buying.

• Advertisement

So Round 2 is up and running. We'll look for 7 votes this time and as usual, all your feedback and pros and cons are what makes it great! First to hit the quota goes through to the quarter final.

Double Decker

80719.png

VS

Kinder Bueno

Kinder-8-Chocolate-Bars-100g-3.jpg

Advertisement