Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father and daughter drown at US border

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

batgoat wrote: »
    Eh, that's not addressing my point.

Because you don't have one. These aren't refugees. They're economic migrants. All we're getting are Africans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

listermint wrote: »
    I dont think that is what you are seeing tbh.

These threads as i said already drag up the dregs of boards. The gutter boards. Those that fill with glee when they see stories like this, they use them as ammo. They blame the people involved.

There is a stark difference between that sort of reaction and thinking everyone has a right to live in Europe or US

Quite frankly your assertion is bizarre. At no point did anyone suggest that. If they did knock yourself out there. But i didnt see it.

Thanks for confirming what we already know about the left. There are some posters here who definitely spend their whole day on boards spouting left wing nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

We need to defend our countries from this influx. The problem is not ours to solve.

If your neighbour's house is infested with rats, you don't knock through a rat run to alleviate the amount of rats in his house.

Yikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

See this is the sort of comparisons you are dealing with in these sorts of threads.

It speaks for itself.....

It's not a comparison, its an analogy!!! :rolleyes:

To put it another way, if your neighbour has a leak, you don't drill a hole in your wall to take in some of his water.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

No i dont need to, im pretty well rounded person.

If i see dead children id act like a normal sane person would react. Pretty horrified.

I also dont feel the need to go on the internet create multple rereg accounts and create fear in people by 'othering' ( the constant need to blame all your problems on a specific minority group)

Its all a bid sad really playing around in ones bedroom doing this.

I do take some solice though in calling these folks out though. Because they are only embarrassing themselves or perhaps they really do indeed need some professional help. Id say its the latter

Whatever helps you sleep at night pal. Deluded people like yourself need to realise you are not speaking to basement or bedroom dwellers here. You are conversing with regular people. People with jobs and family's.

The only difference is we dont buy into and cry over the ridiculous propaganda that you do. Borders and immigration laws are there for a reason. Deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Its funny that you appear to be of the opinion these people really want to make these journeys.
    They dont!
    I suppose I base my view on seeing them march in massive migrations trains to the border.

What do you base your opinions on, other than feelings?
    If they don't want to be there, then why are they there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The US will NEVER allow millions of undocumented people march into their country, it's about time they got the message. Mexico is a lovely country, and well suited to Spanish speaking immigrants, many other safe and lovely countries in South America, they are marching in wrong direction.

America is well able to handle their undocumented. There is virtually zero welfare so the immigrants are doing the low paid menial work no one else wants. American farmers probably depend on them.

The whole border thing is just fear and propaganda promoted by Trump to get elected. What better way to get elected than to convince a large section of the population that they are under constant threat, but never fear I will be your saviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭listermint

biko wrote: »
    I suppose I base my view on seeing them march in massive migrations trains to the border.

What do you base your opinions on, other than feelings?
    If they don't want to be there, then why are they there?

Lulz, Hi Nigel.

Lulz, Hi Nigel.

That is the level of "discussion" you can bring to the table. Well done.

Yes - it's almost as vivid an analogy as the photograph that has you wringing your hands helplessly when you arrived here overflowing with compassion.

I assume that you're also against the slaughter of innocent foetuses?

Sorry, im sure word games are you thing.

But im all for helping the folks who are born. You know the women who exist those that perhaps you might prefer to see die / hurt in your pursuit of birth ?

Is it an ownership thing or what specifically gives you the rights over a womens anatomy specifically.

Alas thats for another day.

• Advertisement

That is the level of "discussion" you can bring to the table. Well done.

Oh, says the man who compared people to rats.

Yes, i wake up everyday hoping i get some nuggets of gold from you.

You have form, alot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please leave abortion references at the door. It’s not relevant to this discussion and pulling it in is a d*ck move

dudara

Where does it end? At what point do you say, we've taken enough people in? We've done our bit.

We can't save everyone.

Some people say Ireland used to have a population of 8million.

So should we let in another 3 million Africans, Brazilians, Syrians, Pakistanis etc

Is that what we want? Is there a timeline for this? If so, what is it?

how many people have we 'taken in'

Be exact, Since this is something you raised as a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Because you don't have one. These aren't refugees. They're economic migrants. All we're getting are Africans.

No, you're concluding they're not refugees... That doesn't make it so. Corrupt political systems, poverty etc are legitimate reasons to seek asylum. Should Syrians in Ireland have stayed even though it was putting their lives at risk to remain there? We have the right to seek asylum for good reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

dudara wrote: »
    Posters - please leave abortion references at the door. It’s not relevant to this discussion and pulling it in is a d*ck move

dudara

So is pulling it out!

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Whatever helps you sleep at night pal. Deluded people like yourself need to realise you are not speaking to basement or bedroom dwellers here. You are conversing with regular people. People with jobs and family's.

The only difference is we dont buy into and cry over the ridiculous propaganda that you do. Borders and immigration laws are there for a reason. Deal with it.

No 'friend' Ive worked with people like yourself in the past. People with familes and jobs etc. You know the type that bring up stuff like this at family occassions or work outings and thing that their opinion is reflected in their peers.

Then people leave the table or the discussion because they no whats next.

Ya, sorry 'pal' ive seen it all before nothing new.

Where does it end? At what point do you say, we've taken enough people in? We've done our bit.

We can't save everyone.

Some people say Ireland used to have a population of 8million.

So should we let in another 3 million Africans, Brazilians, Syrians, Pakistanis etc

Is that what we want? Is there a timeline for this? If so, what is it?

No one has said we want to take immigrants in in this thread. When you see kids dying in tragic circumstances and boats capsizing some people wonder what the hell we could do to stop these people leaving home in the first place. The inequality of the world becomes rather apparent when you see dead kids wrapped around their dead dad. We can and probably won’t do anything, but it makes me uneasy.

Oh, says the man who compared people to rats.

Yes, i wake up everyday hoping i get some nuggets of gold from you.

You have form, alot of it.

Where did I compare people to rats??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Sorry, im sure word games are you thing.

But im all for helping the folks who are born. You know the women who exist those that perhaps you might prefer to see die / hurt in your pursuit of birth ?

Is it an ownership thing or what specifically gives you the rights over a womens anatomy specifically.

Alas thats for another day.

Thought so! Textbook libtard a la carte approach to the value of human life! Your type of selective compassion makes me want to vomit.

EDIT - posted before I read Dudara's request. S/he is completely free to remove it if he deems it inappropriate, but I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thought so! Textbook libtard a la carte approach to the value of human life! Your type of selective compassion makes me want to vomit.

EDIT - posted before I read Duadara's request. He is completely free to remove it if he deems it inappropriate, but I'm not.

I can't be the only one who sees the word Libtard and immediately zones out of the rest of the post?

• Advertisement

No, i see straight it .

The Faux christian.. Like a Parody.

Cheers though

Peadar, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who sees the word Libtard and immediately zones out of the rest of the post?

Same, it's cringe and guarantees low expectations... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Nermal

The inequality of the world becomes rather apparent when you see dead kids wrapped around their dead dad. We can and probably won’t do anything, but it makes me uneasy.

Just be happy you were born on the right side of that inequality, and make sure you don't lose your advantage.

Its the wolf whistle to the pack.

Its not actual an opinion.

Stfu soy boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

batgoat wrote: »
    No, you're concluding they're not refugees... That doesn't make it so. Corrupt political systems, poverty etc are legitimate reasons to seek asylum. Should Syrians in Ireland have stayed even though it was putting their lives at risk to remain there? We have the right to seek asylum for good reasons.

The war is over in Syria. They're begging their Men to come back and help rebuild.

So how many of them are you housing and providing for? You're sure doing alot of virtue signalling, but are you actually practicing what you preach.

Nermal wrote: »
    Just be happy you were born on the right side of that inequality, and make sure you don't lose your advantage.

I’m happy but also feel guilty tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

. Like that Syrian boy found dead on the beach. What are we in rich countries supposed to do

https://www.thejournal.ie/us-mexico-immigration-photo-4697766-Jun2019/

The wee kid who was living in Turkey but wound up on a dinghy in the med because his da wanted to live in Europe?

Yeah, it probably is like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

I’m happy but also feel guilty tbh

Why are you feeling guilty for something you have no control over. Dont worry, be happy...

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The war is over in Syria. They're begging their Men to come back and help rebuild.

So how many of them are you housing and providing for? You're sure doing alot of virtue signalling, but are you actually practicing what you preach.

Im not sure you actually fully understood the situation in syria.

Perhaps you dont even know the situation in Libya.

All these cheer leaded on by western governments.

War not being actively engaged doesnt just switch everything back.

Advertisement