Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Maybe expand your social bubble so.

Speak for yourself I know literally thousands of ppl through family,locality,my professional life etc

Jj - Speak for yerself

Literally everyone I know would completely disagree with your scutter talk above

Given that you claimed that people you know in Courttown assured you that it was people from a direct provision centre involved in a rape and anyone not believing you was living in denial, I'm not surprised that they would think that.
    But given how wrong they and you were and it was actually travelers who committed the attack, I wouldn't be so quick to be claiming others are talking scutter.

Speak for yourself I know literally thousands of ppl through family,locality,my professional life etc
    Haven't you previously claimed to know people who were outraged about the Eid ceremony in Croke Park? You're very reliant on the anecdotal references to people to backup your views. I can't help but be doubtful about the credibility of your personal polling. :rolleyes:

Haven't you previously claimed to know people who were outraged about the Eid ceremony in Croke Park? You're very reliant on the anecdotal references to people to backup your views. I can't help but be doubtful about the credibility of your personal polling. :rolleyes:

Ok call my bluff

Send an foi into gaa hq tomorro morning first thing asking was there much controversy among gaa members over the recent Islamic festival being held in Croke park.

Ok call my bluff

Send an foi into gaa hq tomorro morning first thing asking was there much controversy among gaa members over the recent Islamic festival being held in Croke park.

Wasn't that much of a controversy if it hasn't even made the news. It seems very much so that you push anecdotal claims to make your points seem more credible. Eg we know for a fact that immigration wasn't a major factor in people's voting in the general election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Did you ask every one of those thousands of people what their thoughts are on the topic? ...because you've said that literally everyone you know is against immigration. I doubt you've asked all of them. So, you're literally wrong.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Well, on mature recollection as they say Maybe some of my more naive, ignorant, some would say stupid, contacts would believe such “sunshine and lollipops” stories as previously posted

I never said that what I said was locals in courttown suspected dp centre ppl were invovlved

There had been other instances of v bad behaviour from dp residents around that time in the locality

You did and got a warning for it too, then said that the gardai moving the search to Kilkenny was just a diversion according to your local contacts.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110841645&postcount=146

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

jjmcclure wrote: »
    The fact is we need MORE not LESS immigration. We need skilled and unskilled migrants to keep wage inflation down, fuel the economy and ultimately pay for our pensions and social welfare. Ireland's population will need to grow significantly in the coming years.

So whine all you want, you better get used to a lot more "foreigners" in your neighborhood.

The Captain of Industry has spoken, lads.

We need more immigration to depress wages and support the profits of business.

So shut up and get used to it, OK.

The sheer arrogance and idiocy of that particular post from jj is breathtaking and not in a good way

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Given that you claimed that people you know in Courttown assured you that it was people from a direct provision centre involved in a rape and anyone not believing you was living in denial, I'm not surprised that they would think that.
    But given how wrong they and you were and it was actually travelers who committed the attack, I wouldn't be so quick to be claiming others are talking scutter.

Same poster reckoned that my whole home town were against a direct provision centre there, even though he's not from anywhere near there, but has 'friends' there, don't ya know!
    He was wrong, surprisingly...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Well since you are so curious bubbly I have contacts in most parts of the country. I’ve worked as a traveling sales rep in diff parts of Ireland for the guts of 20 years for diff companies and diff regions. I have contacts in most convenience stores/cash and carries in Ireland. This is not a boast it’s just my networking. Currently based in mid Kildare and my current “patch” is north Leinster the midlands and west dublin

`Linkedin is that way>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well since you are so curious bubbly I have contacts in most parts of the country. I’ve worked as a traveling sales rep in diff parts of Ireland for the guts of 20 years for diff companies and diff regions. I’ve worked all along the western coast from Kinsale up as far as falcarragh co donegal.

I have contacts in most convenience storesof a certain franchise/cash and carries in Ireland. This is not a boast it’s just my networking. Currently based in mid Kildare and my current “patch” is north Leinster the midlands and west dublin

People talk to me daily about issues of all sorts. I mean staff and general customers of shops I visit as part of daily work. Not my fault if they have views that some on this thread disagree with

Everyone knows that anecdotal evidence is the best evidence:rolleyes:

Well since you are so curious bubbly I have contacts in most parts of the country. I’ve worked as a traveling sales rep in diff parts of Ireland for the guts of 20 years for diff companies and diff regions. I’ve worked all along the western coast from Kinsale up as far as falcarragh co donegal.

I have contacts in most convenience storesof a certain franchise/cash and carries in Ireland. This is not a boast it’s just my networking. Currently based in mid Kildare and my current “patch” is north Leinster the midlands and west dublin

People talk to me daily about issues of all sorts. I mean staff and general customers of shops I visit as part of daily work. Not my fault if they have views that some on this thread disagree with

And once again, exit polls are more accurate than you going on rants about immigration with customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Irishman80 wrote: »
    The Captain of Industry has spoken, lads.

We need more immigration to depress wages and support the profits of business.

So shut up and get used to it, OK.

agree, 'more immigration to depress wages and support the profits of business'.

Those Elites are about one thing only - Themselves. And amassing as vast amounts of money as they possibly can. Also, immigrant people, are a bit in awe of these 'Elites', and cannot discern that they are essentially state produced, i.e. free education, and then credit, and amassed 'finance'. And immigrant people will vote for them and will not counteract them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Mask wearers were very much in the minority at the first BLM march and social distancing was non existent at the US embassy

I was at the first march. The vast majority, 85-90%, wore masks. There was also no resultant spike in cases, and there were at least 5000 people at that march. However it's true that when the march halted at the embassy, the social distancing guidelines were breached.

It doesn't matter. What does matter is how many are here to sponge of us. Game the system.

I know we say it mostly in jest, but here it is for real. A Man U supporter that is genuine scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Wouldn't you think we'd be better off if we didn't have this thread at all. I.e. no reason for it.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Wouldn't you think we'd be better off if we didn't have this tread at all. I.e. no reason for it.

Sort of like your losers thread?

Almost 20% of the population foerign born, 2nd highest in the EU.
    You're lies may have worked in 2015,not anymore.
    I'll say it again, Ireland has the second highest number of foreign born per capita un the Eu.... But yeah we don't have open borders... Jog on.

Just occurred to me you guys have been corralled into the ghetto of the Gemma thread because you get your arses handed to you by all and sundry.
    Do you feel in charge?

****ing el mate, your away with the fairies. Do you need me to post the link showing 8000 people refused at the border last year again or would just ignore it and continue with the stupid lies?

Also, the number of 20% was never true. Cso numbers show 17% at it's peak. Spain in comparison has 15%, France 10%, Germany 14% and so on. At 17% were only a little ahead of the rest.

• Advertisement

If you wish to risk your families lives then thats your choice.

Not really.

Social services, Gardai, health care professionals,.........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ok call my bluff

GAA hq would return your request to you, while explaining that FOI legislation applies to public bodies, not to private organisations like the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

agree, 'more immigration to depress wages and support the profits of business'.

Those Elites are about one thing only - Themselves. And amassing as vast amounts of money as they possibly can. Also, immigrant people, are a bit in awe of these 'Elites', and cannot discern that they are essentially state produced, i.e. free education, and then credit, and amassed 'finance'. And immigrant people will vote for them and will not counteract them.

Some of the replies to my post illustrate the fundamental lack of understanding some people have of how basic elements of the economy work.

With significant wage inflation comes a significant flight of low/mid level roles to cheaper locations e.g. India, Vietnam etc. uncontrolled wage inflation = bad for everyone.

I also laugh when I see posts about "profits of business" , grow up kiddies! No business profits = no business = no jobs.
    I don't know one person who ever started a business to break even or make a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I'll say it again, Ireland has the second highest number of foreign born per capita un the Eu.... But yeah we don't have open borders... Jog on.

Just occurred to me you guys have been corralled into the ghetto of the Gemma thread because you get your arses handed to you by all and sundry.
    Do you feel in charge?
    Got anything from 2020? Because all I could find was 2019, which shows something quite different to what you are claiming.

download.png
    https://emn.ie/useful-statistics/migration-and-migrant-population-statistics-in-eu-28/

1. Luxembourg, 47.3%
    2. Cyprus, 21.1%
    3. Malta, 20.2%
    4. Austria, 19.4%
    5. Sweden, 19.1%
    6. Germany, 17.9%
    7a. Belgium, 17.2%
    7b. Ireland, 17.2%

And when we look at non EU born population we move down to 20th in the entire union, tied with Finland.

I'm pretty confident that the "muzzles" have zero tangible impact on your life. So I'm not very concerned about the supposed impact they have on your freedoms.

Well I haven't bitten anyone since I started wearing mine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

timetogo1 wrote: »
    What percentage of that is British people? And we send loads to the UK.

And what percentage is foreign born children of Irish people, temporary emigrants, who have since returned? That would include my kids, for example.

And, as has been asked before, so bloody what? Diversity of backgrounds around an agreed commonality of basic standards of behaviour is a good thing.

And what percentage is foreign born children of Irish people, temporary emigrants, who have since returned? That would include my kids, for example.

And, as has been asked before, so bloody what? Diversity of backgrounds around an agIreed commonality of basic standards of behaviour is a good thing.

How dare you, if the highly qualified people such as Gems and Justin and a few others online have said that the government want to turn us all into multicolored homosexuals controlled by vaccinations that is obviously the truth.
    If we want to run around attacking and threatening women and kids because of their skin colour or religion that is our right based on the sacrifices our past patriots made and the encouragement we've received from the English groups we're aligned with, despite them thinking we are just a bunch of thick Catholic paddies that they don't want living over with them. We salute our past patriots, regardless of the fact we would have informed on them at the time if we were around then and most likely they would have taken pot shots at us.
    You've just been brainwashed by the MSM that's your problem.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    How dare you, if the highly qualified people such as Gems and Justin and a few others online that they have said that they want to turn us all into multicolored homosexuals controlled by vaccinations that is obviously the truth.
    If we want to run around attacking and threatening women and kids because of their skin colour or religion that is our right based on the sacrifices our past patriots made and the encouragement we've received from the English groups we're aligned with, despite them thinking we are just a bunch of thick Catholic paddies that they don't want living over with them. We salute our past patriots, regardless of the fact we would have informed on at the time if we were around then and most likely they would have taken pot shots at us.
    You've just been brainwashed by the MSM that's your problem.

tl;dr WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!!11!!

davedanon wrote: »
    tl;dr WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!!11!!

sarcasm at length is required at times, but not a bad summary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Some of the replies to my post illustrate the fundamental lack of understanding some people have of how basic elements of the economy work.

With significant wage inflation comes a significant flight of low/mid level roles to cheaper locations e.g. India, Vietnam etc. uncontrolled wage inflation = bad for everyone.

I also laugh when I see posts about "profits of business" , grow up kiddies! No business profits = no business = no jobs.
    I don't know one person who ever started a business to break even or make a loss.

We haven't had any significant wage inflation in the West for 40 years. That didn't stop the flight of jobs to low wage economies.

One of the biggest issues facing working people in the West is stagnant wages. Wages that dont keep up with productivity simply means that productivity gains are going to the 1%. This is one of the most important reasons for increasing inequality in the West.

Any wage gains have been concentrated for high wage jobs. Again increasing inequality.

Nobody is arguing about the importance of profits for investment. The problem is abnormal profits which leads to unfair wages.

We already live in economies where globalisation, automation, union decline, etc are putting serious pressure on wages. Someone who comes on here and says we should use immigration as another tool to depress wages is the person with the clown knowledge of the economy.

Quick edit: It's interesting you didn't suggest looking at wealth taxes/financial taxes or similar ideas to raise money for social welfare - instead let's depress the bum working classes wages to pay for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement