Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

humberklog wrote: »
    In Gemma news (because thats what teh fncking thread is about)- i see she's had the rug pulled out from her proposed rally in Carrick on Shannon. First the Parish Priest had to deny her the parochial hall and then The Bush hotel had to backtrack on their agreement.

There'll be tiki torches getting returned to Homestore shops tomorrow.

Seems the more pressing concern for Stephen and Patrick should be where will poor auld GemGem be accomodated.

Somehow I doubt your honesty in that statement

I'm being genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

In Gemma news (because thats what teh fncking thread is about)- i see she's had the rug pulled out from her proposed rally in Carrick on Shannon. First the Parish Priest had to deny her the parochial hall and then The Bush hotel had to backtrack on their agreement.

I agree, this thread is about Gemma, not immigration.

Enough of threads about immigration to rant on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm being genuine.

And yet your posts dripping with sarcasm dont show that

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

And yet your posts dripping with sarcasm dont show that

It's grand Joey. I would have been more than happy to speak to people that you knew that were treated appallingly when given a roof over their head.

The people who I knew that were in temporary accommodation were more than grateful to not be on the streets when they were in need.

It would have been enlightening to see the other side.

Sorry if my posts don't pass your litmus test of sincerity.

It goes both ways though. I doubt you ever had any intention of bringing anyone to meet the people you "know" who could shatter our "rose tinted" outlook. It's almost as if you made that up to somehow validate your opinion.

• Advertisement

It's grand Joey. I would have been more than happy to speak to people that you knew that were treated appallingly when given a roof over their head.

The people who I knew that were in temporary accommodation were more than grateful to not be on the streets when they were in need.

It would have been enlightening to see the other side.

Sorry if my posts don't pass your litmus test of sincerity.

It goes both ways though. I doubt you ever had any intention of bringing anyone to meet the people you "know" who could shatter our "rose tinted" outlook. It's almost as if you made that up to somehow validate your opinion.

Exactly. You are even admitting your complete insincerity.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Exactly. Shows your complete insincerity.

It doesn't. I would be genuinely interested in meeting people who had polar opposite experiences to those who I know.

I just doubt that you would be willing to facilitate this happening (for me or any other poster on here) and feel you shouldn't say as much in order to get your point across.

It doesn't. I would be genuinely interested in meeting people who had polar opposite experiences to those who I know.

I just doubt that you would be willing to facilitate this happening (for me or any other poster on here) and feel you shouldn't say as much in order to get your point across.

The fact you think I am making stuff up shows you to be completely insincere yep

Terry Pratchet

Good.

Gemma has shown she is a far right racist homophobe. Its about time twitter and facebook deplatformed her too.

Terry Pratchet

The fact you think I am making stuff up shows you to be completely insincere yep

Nope. The fact that I offered to go meet these people who would shatter my rose tinted glasses shows I was sincere. I still would love to meet them.

you mentioned them and then you refused to follow up on your offer. That shows that you were at best, exaggerating to try and prove a point or at worst, using the suffering of your friends to try and make a point.

Either way, why bring it up if you won't follow through.

You are in no position to question anyone's sincerity Joey.

• Advertisement

Gemma has shown she is a far right racist homophobe. Its about time twitter and facebook deplatformed her too.

Yeah. Silence everyone until all you hear are people that you agree with.

That's progressive.

Yeah. Silence everyone until all you hear are people that you agree with.

That's progressive.

Nah. Its not about agreeing or disagreeing. Its about deplatforming someone actively spreading extreme bigotry and hate. Im fine with that.

She isnt a big fan of free speech herself. She threatens lawyers on people who disagree with her, openly threatens others people and threatens to sack lots of people she disagrees with if she ever got into power. I laugh when people go on about her and free speech. She threatens free speech constantly.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Deadlift kid

I here you're a racist now father......

I wouldnt be able to commit myself full time to the ol racism now kept busy around the oul farm lol

Nah. Its not about agreeing or disagreeing. Its about deplatforming someone actively spreading extreme bigotry and hate. Im fine with that. She has openly threatened people too. She isnt a big fan of free speech herself. She threatens lawyers on people who disagree with her, openly threatens others people and threatens to sack lots of people she disagrees with if she ever got into power. I laugh when people go on about her and free speech. She threatens free speech constantly.

Defamation and deplatforming are different things.

I'm not a fan of hers but I don't agree she shouldn't have a voice.

Defamation and deplatforming are different things.

I'm not a fan of hers but I don't agree she shouldn't have a voice.

They are kinda linked in this case. She regularly wants to deplatform lots of people so she threatens to sue. Shes an authoritarian who doesnt ever like anyone disagreeing with her. Not a free speech advocate at all.

She doesnt just threaten her lawyers either. The video where she threatened a named person had to be taken down by the Gardai.

Terry Pratchet

Stephen15 wrote:
    If racist means loving your family and by extension to that your country and wanting to defend both as well the western way of life then I'm a racist and proud. In order to do that I believe your borders should be shut as the saying goes you don't lock your door because you hate the people outside you do because you love the people inside.

Stephen15 wrote:
    Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.

Agree with you tbh im quiet often branded a racist myself Its all BullS#*t ya cant have an opinion anymore but what good is a country if we can enforce its borders?? Its currently a free for all... immigration is a big big problem more than people care to admit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I know she was supposedly a competent journalist years ago but I'm now wondering who's work it was that she claimed as hers. Highly unlikely she managed any of those scoops by herself. She would have needed a handler/minder 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Unfortunately you can't ever stop immigration. The population and gene pool will fundamentally alter over time and there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. Human beings have been migrating en masse since there ever have been humans,-in fact that's how there is even such thing as 'the Irish' as our immigrant ancestors came over here on log boats back in the day. And then over the shorter term governments will always allow it as an economy needs new people to grow. This is just common sense. You're going to be replaced. Just like we replaced the lads that were here before us. That's just how the world works sorry.

Yada yada more lies about open borders and a free for all immigration system.

How is it lies ? how active are our immigration and border control re deportation Not Very imo there a joke, it is a free for all example I know of a case Nigerian male attacked a woman in kildare right a sexual attack! anyway this Nigerian was renting of my o/h parents long stort short he was deported put on a plane given a resettlement fee for back in Nigeria anyway 6 weeks later he turns up at in.laws looking his rented accommodation to which he told its gone ( didnt want to rent to mr Nigerian on moral grounds ) but did ask him how he got back ? After he'd been deported his answer...

Planes go both ways no problem to get into Ireland its this the lies you say? Is this proper enforcement you talk off, ill admit an I make no bones about it I tipped of the appropriate service an he was picked up goodbye and goodluck we dont that kind imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Gemma p1ssing and moaning about that other Irish journalist (lol:rolleyes:) Tan torino is priceless:):pac::D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement

Gemma p1ssing and moaning about that other Irish journalist (lol:rolleyes:) Tan torino is priceless:):pac::D

Shes making sh it up to make money out of it.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

I just read your link. It says
    slightly higher proportion of the usually resident homeless population was found to be non-Irish (14.1 per cent or 849 people)

You appear to be making things up

Among those that provided a nationality, a slightly higher proportion of the usually resident homeless population was found to be non-Irish (14.1 per cent or 849 people) compared with the entire population where the proportion was 11.6 per cent.

So what you quote is only a subset of the population, those that provided a nationality.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp5hpi/cp5hpi/nat/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Agree with you tbh im quiet often branded a racist myself Its all BullS#*t ya cant have an opinion anymore but what good is a country if we can enforce its borders?? Its currently a free for all... immigration is a big big problem more than people care to admit

We need immigrants to fill the skills and labour shortages currently in the State.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Seanachai wrote: »
    But they are so scared of the progressive project and globalisation

These aren't projects. They aren't to an agenda.

They are an inevitable consequence of population growth.

Noam Chomsky (Hegemony or Survival) and Peter Singer (One World) have identified everything that has unfolded 15 or 20 years ago. Right down to the negative consequences that have arisen. They warned about Hawkish US policy and hegemony driving towards this long before now.

Crappy Foreign policy
    Crappy immigration policy
    Crappy Domestic policies
    Meddling in Foreign affairs without UN consensus
    Presuming that a "home" nation is somehow insulated and free from consequence and fallout when it exerts regime change or social upheaval on the other side of the world. Pure Arrogance. Unrestrained Greed.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    They aren't locked up though. They are free to wander around whatever town or city they are landed in.

What else would you do with them?

False.

They are in detention centers

Stephen15 wrote: »
    They aren't being raped and beaten in Australia they are getting their basic human needs catered for. I was responding to a poster who was saying that they are being treated worse in Ireland than in their home countries.

Most of them aren't even in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    Unfortunately you can't ever stop immigration. The population and gene pool will fundamentally alter over time and there is nothing that can be done to prevent it. Human beings have been migrating en masse since there ever have been humans,-in fact that's how there is even such thing as 'the Irish' as our immigrant ancestors came over here on log boats back in the day. And then over the shorter term governments will always allow it as an economy needs new people to grow. This is just common sense. You're going to be replaced. Just like we replaced the lads that were here before us. That's just how the world works sorry.

Historical immigration while having some disastrous consequences for indigenous populations is not comparable to the scale and type of immigration we're seeing now. No reasonable person would want to stop all immigration, it just needs to be handled much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

False.

Not in Ireland they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

We need immigrants to fill the skills and labour shortages currently in the State.

What skills and labour shortages do we currently have ?
    Who is opposing these skilled migrants ?
    If theyre so skilled then them getting social housing is a moot point as they won’t need it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

False.

No they aren't. There is a direct provision centre in my county. Drive though it and you'll see them out walking around the town. Not a bother on them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement