Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gmisk wrote: »
    Gemma - 6,659 a staggering 1.83% - in the European elections (so the whole of ireland got to vote.....)
    Hazel Chu - 4,069 votes - almost double the quota in Pembroke a small area in Dublin.

in fairness it was only people in the whole of dublin who had the opportunity to vote for gemma. all 880,000 of us.

recedite wrote: »
    I haven't seen it, but anyway is it relevant? What's it got to do with Gemma?
    Has Gemma ever expressed a desire to deport Hazel Chu on the grounds that she is not of a pure native bloodline?
    I'm aware that their politics are very opposed to each other, but that is a separate matter.

she retweeted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Has Gemma ever expressed a desire to deport Hazel Chu on the grounds that she is not of a pure native bloodline?
    I'm aware that their politics are very opposed to each other, but that is a separate matter.

It was one of Gems followers in an ACI jacket that called Hazel "that migrant". Not the little fella. But the little fella said those things outside Google, as part of an ACI "protest", to ACI followers, who agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Too focused on getting her removed from public office to start with (in spite of her overwhelming democratic mandate for being there). One step at a time...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,257 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That's not how it works. You've a lot to learn.
    See, what I did there was give my own opinion, not Hazel Chu's opinion.

Well now you’re just defaming me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,407 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

in fairness it was only people in the whole of dublin who had the opportunity to vote for gemma. all 880,000 of us.
    Ah sorry yup...I had a senior moment there lol.
    Still seriously embarrassing performance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

What Leftist open borders crap was she saying?
    The usual Green Party stuff.

Overheal wrote: »
    Well now you’re just defaming me
    Nope, because I'm commenting on something you actually said.
    As opposed to people concocting something that Gemma never said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

What Leftist open borders crap was she saying?
    So she's not specifically said anything about wanting an open border?

Is... Is that not defamation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You're making a claim, provide the quotes. Also you never said if you believe in the great replacement conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

she retweeted it.

You don't necessarily have to agree with something to retweet it.

Nope, because I'm commenting on something you actually said.
    As opposed to people concocting something that Gemma never said.

She did support it though so where’s the lie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

padd b1975 wrote: »

People tend to not retweet random shít and what she posted was in line with everything else she's posted over the last couple of years.

Go retweet a bunch of things you don’t agree with to demonstrate how much sense that makes? Because it doesn’t sound like it makes much sense. Do you have some good examples?

Both the "that migrant" comment and the promise that when "we" are in power they'll revoke the citizenships of Irish born Chinese people (whose parents have lived here since the 70s) were spoken at ACI events.

Which Gemma organised. As Gemma is the head and founder of the party.

but she does agree with it. If it was completely out of character for her i might think she was just raising awareness of the tweet but it totally fits with everything she stands for. to think otherwise is just foolishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You're not someone who has the "a retweet is not an endorsement" and/or a disclaimer about your employer are you?

The Nal wrote: »
    Both the "that migrant" comment and the promise that when "we" are in power they'll revoke the citizenships of Irish born Chinese people (whose parents have lived here since the 70s) were spoken at ACI events.
    Got a link to that?

Got a link to that?

I’ll oblige,

“That migrant” remarks at google protest

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1159220476176060416?s=21

The other I remember seeing a video of over the last few weeks as the topic has dragged on. Hopefully Nal can pick that up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Here's Gemma playing on racist tropes in relation to Chu. Also Barrett being suitably racist as well although Stephen may disagree.

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1159794754634297345?s=19

Just to be clear here, the allegation made by poster The Nal seems to be that Gemma (not some random guy) wants to revoke the citizenships of oriental looking Irish people.

But are we talking about somebody born in Ireland whose parents were both Chinese people living here illegally at the time?

Or are we talking about somebody who has one Irish parent and one Chinese or Korean parent. Because these are 2 totally different issues.

One is an immigration issue. The other would be a racist issue.

I appreciate that some of you guys don't like to make any distinction, but in the interests of clarity, can you say which you mean?

Just to be clear here, the allegation made by poster The Nal seems to be that Gemma (not some random guy) wants to revoke the citizenships of oriental looking Irish people.

But are we talking about somebody born in Ireland whose parents were both Chinese people living here illegally at the time?

Or are we talking about somebody who has one Irish parent and one Chinese or Korean parent. Because these are 2 totally different issues.

One is an immigration issue. The other would be a racist issue.

I appreciate that some of you guys don't like to make any distinction, but in the interests of clarity, can you say which you mean?

This is in relation to Hazel Chu. hazel was born here. she is an irish citizen by birth. the status of her parents is irrelevant. gemma supports deporting irish citizens she does not think are irish enough.

The Nal wrote: »

Sounds drunk, is he drunk? Very hoarse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Hazel Chu has decided to raise her profile by engaging in a twitter war with Gemma, which seems to be working quite well for her.

Hazel Chu was able to get elected to office at the first time of trying. 33% of the first-preference vote. Gemma? Not so much... 1.8% Despite running in a consituency that took in all of Dublin (an electorate of >880,000), O'Doherty managed only 6,600 votes. Hazel Chu managed 4,000 votes our of an electorate of only 30,000.

So yeah - I really don't think Chu is using Gemtrails to raise her profile. The other way around, if anything...

This is in relation to Hazel Chu. hazel was born here. she is an irish citizen by birth. the status of her parents is irrelevant. gemma supports deporting irish citizens she does not think are irish enough.
    I presume Chu was born before 2005 when the law was changed, but nowadays the status of the parents is relevant.

Where is the part where Gemma comes out and says she wants to deport Irish citizens she does not think are Irish enough?

Anyway this was not originally about Chu. It was after this post...
    Kimsang wrote: »
    Being half Asian I know all about racism in Ireland. Growing up in poor estate, I think I can honestly say I'm fairly knowledgeable about the subject. What experience and expertise do you have exactly with racism?
    ..and some other posters here then attacked that poster and made disgusting remarks that Gemma would like to make this person leave the country.

I presume Chu was born before 2005 when the law was changed, but nowadays the status of the parents is relevant.

Where is the part where Gemma comes out and says she wants to deport Irish citizens she does not think are Irish enough?

Anyway this was not originally about Chu. It was after this post...

..and some other posters here then attacked that poster and made disgusting remarks that Gemma would like to make this person leave the country.

you should direct your ire about disgusting comments to gemma and her cohort. they belong to them not to the posters you mentioned.

you should direct your ire about disgusting comments to gemma and her cohort.they belong to them not to the posters you mentioned.
    The whole point is that the comments do not belong to Gemma, and never did.

He's not a random guy. One is a member of ACI and one is someone who Gemma invites to speak at ACI events and her livestreams.

The same guy who attended pro Nazi rallies in Germany that saluted Hitler and cheered for WW2 Nazis.

The same guy she's never disagreed with.

• Advertisement

The whole point is that the comments do not belong to Gemma, and never did.

...no,? that wasn't what you were responding to when you threw up the Defamation Card:
    DubInMeath wrote: »
    Hmm I see that you decided to quote this post rather than my earlier one, where I pointed out that based on his previous posts Stephen would see you as someone who isn't Irish and that if Gemma and her ilk get their way then you will have to leave the country. If it dies happen make sure that the door doesn't hit you in the arse on the way out and best of luck where ever you end up.

Also in terms of my reply post you quoted, it was actually pointing out that people get attacked for wearing an item of clothing related to their sexuality or religion by the type of idiots who follow her and support her. The same type of idiots who would happily kick the **** out of you and are the same type of idiots who attacked Sikhs after the September 11 attacks in the U.S. I guess that somethings just go over some people's heads.

You specifically Sliced out, "if Gemma and her ilk get their way then you will have to leave the country." , which you called, "Defamation and Nonsense."

Dub in Meath never made the claim that the comments belong to Gemma - making your defamation argument all the more puzzling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement