Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

A lot of ignorance here. Some friends went to Iran as tourists and said it was beautiful. Lots of college educated young people wandering around, very interested to meet foreigners, and anxious to know what they had been told about Iran etc. Obviously the country has a few problems but look at the state of America ffs. A two party system ran by gangsters and weirdos that go to parties with paedophiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Iran is one of the safest places for tourists on Earth.
    Thousands of years of culture and heritage to explore, incredible food and one of the most geographically diverse landscapes on Earth.

Anyone who has a chance to go, should go. It's an incredible country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Since there is a recount of history in this thread.
    The Late Late Show might know the answer to this question.

Who pulled the lever at Saddam Hussein's hanging?

It was on that documentary on rte1, where someone openly admitted to being the one. I believe he was a Shiite leader?

Anyway Saddam was sentenced to death for the murder of 148 Shiite villagers in 1982. At the execution the assembled were mocking him and then a Koran was put in front of him. He started to read the verses and midway through prayers, the lever on the trapdoor was pulled.
    It was deeply insulting for any Sunni watching that. Which they did as it was broadcast throughout the region.
    Cue Sunni's seeking revenge on Europe, the U.S. and the Shiites.

Saddam Hussein was a dictator and one who committed all his worst crimes when he was a US ally. Saddam and his immediate predecessor had designs on Iranian territory since the Shah's time and sensed he could take control of it in 1980 due to the 'weakness of Iran'. Saddam and his predecessor were loved by secular Sunnis and hated by Shia and Kurds. They were oppressed and WMD were used against them with a blind eye turned to this by the US at the time. Chemical weapons were also used against innocent Iranians.

When the Shia took power, they executed Saddam. The Americans did all they can to exterminate the Baathists and encouraged angry Shia to execute Saddam. Saddam's execution was another chapter in a cycle of violence and as I watched it again on Monday night, it was eerily similar to the hangings in a recent episode of The Handmaid's Tale but had to remind myself this was REAL, this was NOT actors. The most disturbing part was the jeering. Unlike the 'Martha' women in Handmaid's that were 'exectuted', this man (Saddam Hussein) was no innocent but still (much like the even more gruesome death of Colonel Gaddafi later) it was brutal, staged revenge.

The name of Shia leader Muqtada al Sadr was mentioned and Saddam was jeered by relatives of those he killed. You can read here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_of_Saddam_Hussein

Agents of Saddam's regime killed Muqtada's father Ayatollah Mohammad Sadeq al-Sadr. Much like Northern Ireland in the bad old days, it was tit for tat sectarian revenge cycles. The Americans as ever had a vested interest. Alive Saddam could expose more and more the links guys like Donald Rumsfeld or current American dictator John Bolton had with Saddam's WMD usage. A lot of evidence died with Saddam.

Saddam supporters then hated Shias and the cycle of revenge continued and still does. The Sunnis then faced hatred from the Shia and then in turn the Shia felt hatred again from the Sunni. Al Qaeda in Iraq then decided to launch a war on all those it considered enemies of Islam: America, Iran, Iraqi Shia in government, Iraq Sunnis in government, Saddamist secular Iraqis, Kurds, etc. AQII became ISIS later and we know the rest. Sadly, America's current despots have not learned and presidents have not learned yet to 100% shun despots such as Bolton.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If it's not in Benjamin Netanyahus autobiography then it didn't happen

Is that really your best effort.

Like in all seriousness that's your all .

Some friends went to

Nah ....

Friends has become a common them in a few posts already.

Obviously all recently registered with similar number of posts all anti America / Israel agendas.

• Advertisement

Any how.

Looks like Iran have realised there was no win for them carrying out acts of privacy - even when it's empty ships

Iran has indicated it wants to de-escalate the British-Iranian crisis, hinting at swapping two captured tankers.

“We do not seek the continuation of tension with some European countries,” Iran’s president, Hassan Rouhani, said on Wednesday during a weekly cabinet meeting. “If Britain steps away from the wrong actions in Gibraltar, they will receive an appropriate response from Iran.”

Gatling wrote: »
    Nah ....

I know people who visited Iran as tourists. They went mountaineering among other things. It's actually funny that you can't even fathom that people go to Iran on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Any how.

Looks like Iran have realised there was no win for them carrying out acts of privacy - even when it's empty ships

Iran has indicated it wants to de-escalate the British-Iranian crisis, hinting at swapping two captured tankers.

“We do not seek the continuation of tension with some European countries,” Iran’s president, Hassan Rouhani, said on Wednesday during a weekly cabinet meeting. “If Britain steps away from the wrong actions in Gibraltar, they will receive an appropriate response from Iran.”

Good move from Iran. Get the Brits to back down from doing the American's dirty work and smooth over relations. The swift kick in the ass the Brits got might put them off from acting the maggot again.

It's actually funny that you can't even fathom that people go to Iran on holidays.

I just don't believe you .

We get a tourist video posted them all of sudden my friend said this ,my friends seen that .

And all have the same sentiment and posting style not for the first time either .

I know people who visited Iran as tourists. They went mountaineering among other things. It's actually funny that you can't even fathom that people go to Iran on holidays.

https://www.visitiran.ir/

• Advertisement

I just don't believe you .

We get a tourist video posted them all of sudden my friend said this ,my friends seen that .

And all have the same sentiment and posting style not for the first time either .

The reason that people appear to to have similar sentiments (to you), is because you are posting swivel-eyed nonsense that you've picked up from cretins and rabble rousers on Fox News. Nonsense that is so abjectly out of touch that people don't need to go to a whole lot of effort to point it out.

I'm still laughing that what you're stuck on is the idea that people actually do go to holiday to Iran :D Btw, I know a different person that went to the Lebanon a few summers ago too.

Lonely Planet's guide to Iran's section on "dangers and annoyances".
    Iran is generally a very safe place to travel, so much so that many travellers describe it as the ‘safest country I’ve ever been to’, or ‘much safer than travelling in Europe’. Violent crime against foreigners is extremely rare and, indeed, if you do your best to fit in with local customs, you are unlikely to be treated with anything but courtesy and friendliness – that applies to Americans, too. We have hitchhiked across deserts, stayed in the homes of strangers and left bags in restaurants and cafes without any problem.

I suppose the American editors of the world's most popular travel guide series are liars too.

Gatlin is the sort of McCarthy-ite who sees reds under every bed. Its actually ridiculous.

picked up from cretins and rabble rousers on Fox News.

Don't watch fox don't quote fox .

The only people who go on about fox tend to be useful idiots who post nato are planning to invade Russia, north Korea and China ,
    And think anti America should be used to shut down any and all discussion that isn't a circle jerk for under bride dwellers .

Lonely Planet's guide to Iran's

What has this got to do with tankers being sized by Iranian naval forces or planting mines on ships or the ongoing dispute with trump and co.

What has this got to do with tankers being sized by Iranian naval forces or planting mines on ships or the ongoing dispute with trump and co.

You're trying to paint anyone who says Iran is an attractive, safe tourist destination is a liar or a bot/troll who all regurgitate pre-hashed lined approved directly from the heart of the muslamic mullahs or some nonsense.

Just pointing out you're full of beans, Iran is incredibly safe for tourists, and one of the most beautiful countries on the planet.

You should go, it might help change your ridiculously simplistic Tom Clancy storyline of a world view.

Prohibited goods to bring into Iran? Mostly due to national security from threats created by Western despots or Wahhabi extremist terrorists:

Alcoholic beverages = flammable chemicals or can be refined into chemical weapons.
    narcotics = lucrative funding for criminals like everywhere else.
    guns and ammunition = obvious.
    all horticultural and agricultural goods including seeds and soil = possible components of chemical or biological weapons.
    aerial photo cameras, transmitter receiver apparatus = spying equipment.
    most films, cassettes, CDs and videos = paranoia about spreading pro-imperialist material. Remember the last part of the book version of The Handmaid's Tale? Remember how Khomeini got his message into the Shah's Iran?
    Any kind of fashion magazine = ???

Of course, hunters who are visiting Iran on hunting tours can get necessary permits for carrying their guns and ammunition via their Iranian travel agents beforehand.

On the other hand, alcohol is legal for Christians and in homes in Iran but not tolerated to be consumed by members of army/police on duty or in public. Forgive the pun: hangover from the Iran-Iraq war. Horticulture and agriculture exists of course. Music and film is a major part of Iranian culture. Fashion magazines? The website should EXPLAIN its REASONING better and this would STOP all the misunderstandings too that feed into the hands of the imperialists.

You're trying to paint anyone who says Iran is an attractive, safe tourist destination is a liar or a bot or troll

If you actually read my post which I clearly stated I didn't believe a new accounts story about friends.

I never said Iran wasn't safe for tourists or didn't have tourism and if you read the thread you would have seen a post about people visiting Iran .

See you jumped on the oul band wagon to attack me so you decided trolling was.the way to go .

Shot your load to soon there kid

If you actually read my post which I clearly stated I didn't believe a new accounts story about friends.

I never said Iran wasn't safe for tourists or didn't have tourism and if you read the thread you would have seen a post about people visiting Iran .

See you jumped on the oul band wagon to attack me so you decided trolling was.the way to go .

There's the reds under the bed again.

Iran special forces try the bottle cap challenge seriously dangerous stuff

Effective enough to clear most of the US and Saudi funded jihadis out of most of Syria with the help of Hezbollah *shurg*.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I wonder does the lack of fighting ability of the US's local allies make a war less likely. The Saudi's have proven themselves to be the worst fighting force in the region in their war in Yemen. Their ability to lose every time they encounter even lightly armed forces is astonishing. They have lost huge amounts of weapons and war material including top of the range western equipment. They often abandon it on the battlefield after the first few shots and leave the sandal clad Yemenis to burn or blow it up.

Effective enough to clear most of the jihadis out of most of Syria with the help of Hezbollah

Ehh you missed the part where they couldn't find isis ,
    The Kurds with an international coalition defeated isis for most part ,
    The Iranians apparently spent their time waiting for the Israeli jets to pass before coming out of hiding and in a lot of cases dying from Israeli strikes.

Have to say they (Iranian navy) know how to sink recycled garden sheds too

The Kurds who are confined to the north east of Syria did a great job of defending their land despite regular attacks on their positions by America's other great ally in the region, Turkey.

The SAA, Hezbollah, and the IRG are largely responsible for clearing the rest of the country thus far. Hezbollah and the Lebanese Army have also done Sterling work defending their own borders.

Hopefully in the near future there will be a formally established Kurdish state which is recognised by the international community without harassment from Syria, Turkey, Iran or Iraq.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Ehh you missed the part where they couldn't find isis ,
    The Kurds with an international coalition defeated isis for most part ,
    The Iranians apparently spent their time waiting for the Israeli jets to pass before coming out of hiding and in a lot of cases dying from Israeli strikes.

Have to say they (Iranian navy) know how to sink recycled garden sheds too

I remember you thinking the Syrian "civil war" would be over in no time back when you were cheering for the 'Free Syrian Army/moderate rebels'. In reality you were cheering on the various incarnations of Al Queda, just like Isis which is just another franchise of wahhabi terror. The white helmets, great bunch of lads according to you, and that slob in a semi d in Coventry that called himself an observatory.

The bulk of the conflict was in the large urban areas, not the north eastern desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Poster joined November 2018, How long does a person have to be posting on the site before you deem them credible?

I remember you thinking the Syrian "civil war"

You remember me thinking or I actually said that exact words .

That's you making it up again isn't it.

So I never said the white hats were great lads or anything if very little on the Coventry slob .
    I certainly remember you ,and one of two others well known bridge dwellers constantly bringing them up like every other post .
    While denying chemical weapons were being used against the population of Syria by its own unelected leader and the direct targeting of civilian hospitals and schools and markets by russian aircraft.all denied by you and one or two others .

It's seems pretty obvious that your attempts at baiting a reaction have badly failed again ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

https://twitter.com/barbarastarrcnn/status/1154515194262904833

Successful launch and test. Estimates the missile would be able to hit targets as far away as Greece.

Estimates the missile would be able to hit targets as far away as Greece.

What's the estimated time it would have before being destroyed

Fk_it 15 wrote: »
    blah blah

Wrong thread mall cop.

• Advertisement

Nothing like a little sabre rattling nk korea fired similar missles very recently too .
    And Russia came very close to having several aircraft shot down on what looked like a dummy bombing mission in South Korea territory ,
    South Korean aircraft scrambled and eventually fired off flares and then live warning shots to deter the Russians.

Get the feeling trump might start with the rocket Man jibes again

Advertisement