Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Gatling wrote: »
    Say that again .

Syria, Iran and Hezbollah defeated ISIS in Syria despite the very best efforts of the US, UK, France and Gulf States.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

From numerous other threads over numerous years Assad lost the majority of his army

The Syrian Arab Army fought bravely beside Hezbollah and the Shia Militias to defend their country against Western and Gulf backed Jihadists.

You sound like a talking head from American Conservative TV in the 1950s. Totally out of touch and very unconvincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Syria, Iran and Hezbollah defeated ISIS in Syria despite the very best efforts of the US, UK, France and Gulf States.

No the, Kurds did. You sound like an american proclaiming they defeated Nazi Germany while historians give the credit to Russia.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Not true at all ,

From numerous other threads over numerous years Assad lost the majority of his army , from men to equipment she's solely reliant on foreign forces to fight and poorly equipped conscripts that have no loyalty to Assad and Putin .

But it's been done to death with the same multiple account holders and trolls..

But back to Iran

Syrian government controls the major city's. If you think the rebels with nato support won you need to stop shouting YOUUU SSS AA into the mirror when a missle gets fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Limpy wrote: »

Slán

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

ArchXStaton
    China 1949 to early 1960s
    Albania 1949-53
    East Germany 1950s
    Iran 1953 *
    Guatemala 1954 *
    Costa Rica mid-1950s
    Syria 1956-7
    Egypt 1957
    Indonesia 1957-8
    British Guiana 1953-64 *
    Iraq 1963 *
    North Vietnam 1945-73
    Cambodia 1955-70 *
    Laos 1958 *, 1959 *, 1960 *
    Ecuador 1960-63 *
    Congo 1960 *
    France 1965
    Brazil 1962-64 *
    Dominican Republic 1963 *
    Cuba 1959 to present
    Bolivia 1964 *
    Indonesia 1965 *
    Ghana 1966 *
    Chile 1964-73 *
    Greece 1967 *
    Costa Rica 1970-71
    Bolivia 1971 *
    Australia 1973-75 *
    Angola 1975, 1980s
    Zaire 1975
    Portugal 1974-76 *
    Jamaica 1976-80 *
    Seychelles 1979-81
    Chad 1981-82 *
    Grenada 1983 *
    South Yemen 1982-84
    Suriname 1982-84
    Fiji 1987 *
    Libya 1980s
    Nicaragua 1981-90 *
    Panama 1989 *
    Bulgaria 1990 *
    Albania 1991 *
    Iraq 1991
    Afghanistan 1980s *
    Somalia 1993
    Yugoslavia 1999-2000 *
    Ecuador 2000 *
    Afghanistan 2001 *
    Venezuela 2002 *
    Iraq 2003 *
    Haiti 2004 *
    Somalia 2007 to present
    Libya 2011*

I assume that you have a similar list for events with Russian involvement?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

smurfjed wrote: »
    ArchXStaton

I bet any list you get won't top that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9557897/iran-executions-cia-spies-death/

This is precisely the type of anti-Iran propaganda we are seeing. Some of this happened in Iran 39 years ago, some of those executed happened recently but were ISIS criminals, more of it never happened and was faked by MeK for MeK propaganda, more of it happened outside Iran and done by Taliban or ISIS, and more inside Iran without government involvement. Some is done or doctored to be seen as real by CIA agents. And more is just robbed from The Handmaid's Tale and applied to 2019 Iran. All designed of course to 'turn the British people against Iran' to get them to support another war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

This is precisely the type of anti-Iran propaganda we are seeing. Some of this happened in Iran 39 years ago, some of those executed happened recently but were ISIS criminals, more of it never happened and was faked by MeK for MeK propaganda, more of it happened outside Iran and done by Taliban or ISIS, and more inside Iran without government involvement. Some is done or doctored to be seen as real by CIA agents. And more is just robbed from The Handmaid's Tale and applied to 2019 Iran. All designed of course to 'turn the British people against Iran' to get them to support another war.

Nobody but fools trust western mainstream media anymore...it's lost all credibility, and that's if it ever even had any.
    It's goal is to brainwash or perhaps given the extremes it goes to maybe brainbleach would be a more appropriate description.

This is precisely the type of anti-Iran propaganda we are seeing. Some of this happened in Iran 39 years ago, some of those executed happened recently but were ISIS

. And more is just robbed from The Handmaid's Tale and applied to.

Who said they were Isis exactly.

Change the poxy station .

Handmaid's tale
    Hands maid's tale
    Handmaid's tale

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »

the majority on that list were supplied with Russian arms .
    Wasn't east Germany forcibly occupied till 20 something years ago along with the whole of eastern Europe,
    Remind me who actually invaded Afghanistan and massacred it's government . before turning on the population with similar massacres and chemical weapons attacks..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I have read a lot of this thread.

Murica helped both Sunnis and shia muslims nations over the last 50 years depending on their agenda.

In my view I’d trust Shia ruled countries over Sunni, based from past history although neither is what you would call a democracy by any means

I have read a lot of this thread.

Murica helped both Sunnis and shia muslims nations over the last 50 years depending on their agenda.

In my view I’d trust Shia ruled countries over Sunni, based from past history although neither is what you would call a democracy by any means

True. America's first aim was to help anyone who was not communist. A lot of help was given to Sunni extremists who would morph into Taliban, Al Qaeda and ISIS later when they were fighting the USSR. There was a time Afghanistan was one of the safest countries in the world to visit.

Iran aka Persia was a staunch ally of America in the period from the late 1940s to 1979. After that, it's been complicated. Enemies often in public, secret deals in private was the story of the 1980s. And Israel armed Khomeini's Iran against Saddam's Iraq too.

Like Libya, Iran began to slide down the countries on America's radar from the early 1990s. Saddam and then Milosevic became the enemies. Saddam was a bitter enemy of Iran and Iran did not like Milosevic either. Then, the Taliban and Al Qaeda joined them. America needed Iran's help and especially against the Taliban in 2001, Iran did their bit to help America against a common enemy.

But how did America thank Iran's goodwill in 2001? Axis of Evil speech. Iran was not sorry to see the back of Saddam but of course they also knew that America's chaotic war would open up Iraq to worse and Al Qaeda in Iraq (later called ISIS, ISIL, DAESH and the Islamic State) was born. Iran had to support the Badr Brigade, Mahdi Army, etc. as a counterbalance and America needed a way out and had to eventually grudgingly accept some presence of Iranian-backed militias to stem the tide of sword wielding beheading Al Qaeda terrorists.

2005's Iranian election brought us Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, whose fiery rhetoric was almost a carbon copy of Saddam's. Ahmadinejad was a change to Mohammed Khatami, the previous president. Ahmadinejad's speeches were of course also interpreted by the anti-Iran brigade to suit their own needs. The disaster that was the Iraq war thankfully quenched the thirst for other wars.

By 2011, it was hoped by the US that the so-called 'Arab spring' would bring democracy to many countries. With internal disputes in Iran between president Ahmadinejad and the supreme leader Ali Khamenei, Iran was once more pushed to one side. Ahmadinejad's attempts to question clerical rule was hoped to spark some sort of a velvet revolution there. Meanwhile, Gaddafi in Libya was taken down by America helping Libyan rebels. As with Iraq, this country then sank into a nightmare still going on.

The Syrian war then came about and gave Al Qaeda in Iraq the boost they needed. The Syria and Iraq war morphed into one and by 2013 the renamed Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant/Syria conducted a campaign of terror. Once more, the Sunni extremists proved MUCH WORSE than the Shias or the nationalist dictatorships.

In 2015, America did a deal with Iran and one of the more sensible policies set the scene for cooperation against Sunni extremism. Iran, Iraq and Kurdish fighters with both American and Russian backing drove ISIS out of Syria.

Now, that should have been it. What SHOULD have happened next was: Trump goes off golfing, never allowed the 9th April Bolton regime to happen, improves relations with Iran and the Middle East eventually gets better. Instead, the Bolton regime threatens war with Iran and this war gives the previously largely defeated ISIS and Al Qaeda a new hope. Islamic State of Balochistan and Islamic State of Khuzestan could be the next nightmares after this war and once again, Shia militia of what was the Revolutionary Guard would ironically be all that could stop them!! Will America ever learn and stop making enemies of countries like Iran that it actually needs as a counterbalance to stop REAL terrorists?

There was a time Afghanistan was one of the safest countries in the world to visit.

America needed Iran's help and especially against the Taliban in 2001, Iran did their bit to help America against a common enemy.

Kurdish fighters with American backing drove ISIS out of Syria.

What happened to Afghanistan to make it no longer open ,massive producer of fruit for the worlds market.,....

Wait say whaaaaat .

America needed irans help against the Taliban ...are you feeling ok you seem to be confused or concussed.

Yes with American and European countries help the Kurds pretty much defeated isis in Syria.

Funny again how low post count recently registered accounts keep finding and supporting the same posts ....

(It's really a waste of time)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭specky4eyes

Wait say whaaaaat .

America needed irans help against the Taliban ...are you feeling ok you seem to be confused or concussed.

(It's really a waste of time)

Iran Gave U.S. Help On Al Qaeda After 9/11

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-gave-us-help-on-al-qaeda-after-9-11/

Lol yeah Iran is a great place, people are risking their lives trying to get in just like they do to get into Europe and the US

The less dictatorship s and theocracies in the world the better, the less these nuts have nukes the better

Lol yeah Iran is a great place, people are risking their lives trying to get in just like they do to get into Europe and the US

Without doubt the safest country in that region. Not much of an ex pat crew there though although i'm led to believe the people are extremely freindly and open to western ideologies in the main

Seems iran doesn't want shipping protected in the gulf of Oman and straight of Hormuz.
    Iran can protect ships - seems the mad mullahs are confused about the words piracy and protecting

Iran attacking shipping in international waters and illegal siezing ships is Piracy.
    International military intervention to prevent Piracy by iran is called Protection.....

Maybe they don't feel their naval forces faring to well against heavily armed forces

Senior Iranian officials have warned against any attempt to form an international coalition to protect shipping in the Gulf, with the Islamic republic's first vice president saying the move will only bring insecurity to the region.

Netherlands and France on Tuesday backed the UK's proposal for a European naval force after Tehran seized a British-flagged tanker in the Strait of Hormuz.

Relations between the UK and Iran have been strained since British authorities detained an Iranian tanker earlier this month off the coast of Gibraltar on suspicion it was shipping oil to Syria in breach of EU sanctions.

Iran has accused the UK of acting at the behest of the US and demanded the immediate release of the ship.

On Tuesday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif congratulated Boris Johnson, who is set to take over as the next prime minister from Theresa May amid the diplomatic standoff between the two countries.

"Iran does not seek confrontation. But we have 1,500 miles of Persian Gulf coastline. These are our waters & we will protect them," he tweeted.

Act of 'state piracy'
    Al Jazeera's Dorsa Jabbari, reporting from the Iranian capital, Tehran, said that Zarif’s sentiments were shared by other high ranking officials.

"We have heard from Iran's first Vice President [Eshaq Jahangiri] who also said that the suggestion that international coalition forces will patrol the waters of Strait of Hormuz and guard the ships that pass through it is absolutely not necessary.

"And Iran is capable of providing security to the ships and it is up to Iran and the regional countries to ensure the safety of their waters."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/07/iran-warns-international-naval-coalition-gulf-190724035515319.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,078 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Since there is a recount of history in this thread.
    The Late Late Show might know the answer to this question.

Who pulled the lever at Saddam Hussein's hanging?

It was on that documentary on rte1, where someone openly admitted to being the one. I believe he was a Shiite leader?

Anyway Saddam was sentenced to death for the murder of 148 Shiite villagers in 1982. At the execution the assembled were mocking him and then a Koran was put in front of him. He started to read the verses and midway through prayers, the lever on the trapdoor was pulled.
    It was deeply insulting for any Sunni watching that. Which they did as it was broadcast throughout the region.
    Cue Sunni's seeking revenge on Europe, the U.S. and the Shiites.

Since there is a recount of history in this thread.
    The Late Late Show might know the answer to this question.

Who pulled the lever at Saddam Hussein's hanging?

It was on that documentary on rte1, where someone openly admitted to being the one. I believe he was a Shiite leader?

Anyway Saddam was sentenced to death for the murder of 148 Shiite villagers in 1982. At the execution the assembled were mocking him and then a Koran was put in front of him. He started to read the verses and midway through prayers, the lever on the trapdoor was pulled.
    It was deeply insulting for any Sunni watching that. Which they did as it was broadcast throughout the region.
    Cue Sunni's seeking revenge on Europe, the U.S. and the Shiites.

America are responsible for a lot of the sectarian wars in the region.

They were warned not to execute saddam.

It would only fuel tensions but America let the Shia lads have there own way.

I have a friend from Jordan who despises the Shia Muslims based on what happened in Iraq and Syria

He is deeply religious mind you

• Advertisement

I have a friend from Jordan who despises the Shia Muslims based on what happened in Iraq and Syria

It's highly likely Most Sunnis despise the minority Shia in Jordan and it's got nothing to do with Saddam or Iraq .

Nice story though

It's highly likely Most Sunnis despise the minority Shia in Jordan and it's got nothing to do with Saddam or Iraq .

Nice story though

I only listen to the stories my friend tells me but you obviously know him better than me

Some people here........

I only listen to the stories my friend tells me

That's nice

That's nice

Patronizing as ever

But as I don’t sit in an ivory tower of knowledge like you I’ll discount stories I hear again

Wasn't being anything .

Just said that's nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Its very tantalising for the Israelis they just can get the US over the line with their plans for an attack on Iran. Trump and elements within the military seems to be resisting Bolton, Kushner and Netanyahu and others who are bent on a strike on Iran. The Israelis must be very frustrated they have brought Trump to the brink but cant push him over the edge. I dont know what they will dream up next but the Israeli would love a conflict with Iran they would fight to the last drop of American's blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Its very tantalising for the Israelis they just can get the US over the line with their plans for an attack on Iran. Trump and elements within the military seems to be resisting Bolton, Kushner and Netanyahu and others who are bent on a strike on Iran. The Israelis must be very frustrated they have brought Trump to the brink but cant push him over the edge. I dont know what they will dream up next but the Israeli would love a conflict with Iran they would fight to the last drop of American's blood.

They got 5 big wins so far from getting Trump into the Whitehouse
    1. Scrapped foreign aid to the Palestinians
    2. Declared Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
    3. Closed US consulate and official US embassy into Israel part of city.
    4. Got US backing for settlements in Golan Heights. Even called it Trump Heights as to encourage his ego to help them steal more land and putting permanent settlements there.
    5. Dismanteled nuclear agreement with Iran and imposed harsh embargos. This will cause Iran to make bigger moves to protect itself even more now which gives the US the excuse to manufacture a conflict - which is exactly what is playing out right now.

Trump is deadset for 2020. Having a Israeli agent as his son in-law is a master stroke.
    Big slight of hand - look over there, those pesky Russians which keeps the US population blind to the real agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

bunderoon wrote: »
    They got 5 big wins so far from getting Trump into the Whitehouse
    1. Scrapped foreign aid to the Palestinians
    2. Declared Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
    3. Closed US consulate and official US embassy into Israel part of city.
    4. Got US backing for settlements in Golan Heights. Even called it Trump Heights as to encourage his ego to help them steal more land and putting permanent settlements there.
    5. Dismanteled nuclear agreement with Iran and imposed harsh embargos. This will cause Iran to make bigger moves to protect itself even more now which gives the US the excuse to manufacture a conflict - which is exactly what is playing out right now.

Trump is deadset for 2020. Having a Israeli agent as his son in-law is a master stroke.
    Big slight of hand - look over there, those pesky Russians which keeps the US population blind to the real agenda.

True, the Americans really have a blind spot when it comes to Israel. Israel is running US middle east policy. They are spying on the US and as you say Kushner is working on behalf of Israel at the heart of the US administration.
    And the US is blaming the Russians, its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Patronizing as ever

But as I don’t sit in an ivory tower of knowledge like you I’ll discount stories I hear again

If it's not in Benjamin Netanyahus autobiography then it didn't happen. That's where gatling gets all his 'knowledge' of the region, and his pathological hatred of iran

• Advertisement

The less dictatorship s and theocracies in the world the better, the less these nuts have nukes the better

Yes, many people risked and risk their lives to get into Iran from at least 1980 onwards. Afghanistan from 1980 to date and Iraq from 2003 to date. And why? Because Iran was MUCH BETTER than those other places. And why? Because Western imperialists and Russian imperialists messed up Iraq and Afghanistan. The very same Western imperialists are doing all they can to keep Iran poor and oppressed too. Every time a positive development happens in Iran, there is a John Bolton type Western despot helping the cause of hardliners and anarchy always. Not just WRT Iran but WRT everywhere that tries to rise to be a wealthy country. The Americans are the only country to use nuclear weapons in war and they are hardly the ones then who have a right to tell other countries about not having them. Perhaps America is judging the rest of the world by its own woeful standards?

The less dictatorships and theocracies in the world the better and the less nuts have nukes the better? Yes, including John Bolton and other mad Americans. They are the worst. I'd trust Republic of Gilead and Commander Fred with 1000 nukes before John Bolton backed by a REAL hardliner president (Trump is not that despite the bluster) with one nuke anyday.

Advertisement