Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-24/uk-could-join-us-in-assault-on-iran-jeremy-hunt-says/

jeremy Hunt has said Britain would consider joining the US in military action against Iran.

Tensions between the US and Iran have increased in recent weeks after the downing of an American drone and claims by Washington that Tehran was behind attacks on oil tankers in the Persian Gulf.

The Foreign Secretary’s comments came as his department minister Andrew Murrison held talks with the Tehran government at the weekend where he said he was “clear” about the UK’s concerns over Iran’s activities.

It not a surprise to most people, just another sign the UK imperalist ways will never change. They love destroying countries, in the middle east. They done a great job in Iraq, Libya, Syria, and Yemen they are now signing up for another war against Iran and its allies.

Jeremy Hunt would NOT be a good UK PM that is for certain. 'The Republic of Gilead' and its imperialism will always be able to justify its acts when it gets British politicians like him to back them up in a bid to try and revive their own imperialism too. Beware of the evil that is being forced on the world by unelected idiots like John Bolton and now possibly Hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Already are, the weekend tabloids report they have their special boat people hanging out with the Seals doing mini-sub scuba in the warm sunny waters.

Meanwhile any guesses for the gold spot price?
    $1,750 <3mths me thinks. Hits a 6yr high today 1,407 (+8.8% 30days).

Crude/Brent is still low overall, but that may oversupply already, and subject to change.

Likely true, low key training operations happen all the time. Still Uk would have to boost numbers of soldiers in the region to fight. More warships and planes will need to be send to bases and the persian gulf.

Madness there even considering a war against Iran. Let the US fights it own battles. Trump dummy decdision to pull of an agreed Iran nuclear deal caused this, but UK are dummies too they think we always have to fight the brown people in the middle east when they fight back and don't bow down to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Likely true, low key training operations happen all the time. Still Uk would have to boost numbers of soldiers in the region to fight. More warships and planes will need to be send to bases and the persian gulf.

Madness there even considering a war against Iran. Let the US fights it own battles. Trump dummy decdision to pull of an agreed Iran nuclear deal caused this, but UK are dummies too they think we always have to fight the brown people in the middle east when they fight back and don't bow down to us.

Some Iranians think that Britain 100% control Iran, were behind the 1979 revolution and go as far to say it is a colony of the UK. Some even say former Shah Ayatollah Khomeini was half British and his father or mother was called Williamson.

Jeremy Hunt would NOT be a good UK PM that is for certain. 'The Republic of Gilead' and its imperialism will always be able to justify its acts when it gets British politicians like him to back them up in a bid to try and revive their own imperialism too. Beware of the evil that is being forced on the world by unelected idiots like John Bolton and now possibly Hunt.

Its real life not a TV series. I would stop talking about the Republic of Gilead and just start focusing on reality.

Reality on Earth- its naive to believe all the world leaders are good people and their intentions are always benign. Human beings are different and not everyone sees the world in same way as you do. Wars are a result of us being different.

John Bolton is blamed for everything, yet his only a cog in the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-24/uk-could-join-us-in-assault-on-iran-jeremy-hunt-says/

jeremy Hunt has said Britain would consider joining the US in military action against Iran.

Tensions between the US and Iran have increased in recent weeks after the downing of an American drone and claims by Washington that Tehran was behind attacks on oil tankers in the Persian Gulf.

The Foreign Secretary’s comments came as his department minister Andrew Murrison held talks with the Tehran government at the weekend where he said he was “clear” about the UK’s concerns over Iran’s activities.

It not a surprise to most people, just another sign the UK imperalist ways will never change. They love destroying countries, in the middle east. They done a great job in Iraq, Libya, Syria, and Yemen they are now signing up for another war against Iran and its allies.

Evidently even the Iraq disaster hasn't been enough to penetrate some thick skulls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Iran has commented on the American cyber attack saying "they tried hard, but failed".

And that's the real reason Trump cancelled the attack...he knew the cyber attack had failed and that Iran's defences would be fully operational.

He didn't give a toss about dead Iranians, it was the prospect of a lot of dead Americans that made him think twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭specky4eyes

archer22 wrote: »
    Iran has commented on the American cyber attack saying "they tried hard, but failed".

And that's the real reason Trump cancelled the attack...he knew the cyber attack had failed and that Iran's defences would be fully operational.

He didn't give a toss about dead Iranians, it was the prospect of a lot of dead Americans that made him think twice.

Yea Iran certainly have a lot of targets in their neighborhood, and Hezbollah's 150,000 missiles primed and aimed at Israel might have cooled his head down a little.

25-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Washington supported and armed the Taliban

No and no ...

Hezbollah's 150,000 missiles primed and aimed at Israel

Oh dear .

Lol

Odhinn wrote: »
    Evidently even the Iraq disaster hasn't been enough to penetrate some thick skulls.

Yes. I see no way out now. This war is likely only weeks away from happening, maybe sooner if someone does a foolish act in the region or elsewhere and blamed on Iran.

• Advertisement

archer22 wrote: »

Iran is a powerhouse militarily in the region. They have groups in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen. All will be let loose when the war begins. It will resemble a mini WW3 in someways without the nuclear weapons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Iran is a powerhouse militarily in the region. They have groups in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen. All will be let loose when the war begins. It will resemble a mini WW3 in someways without the nuclear weapons.

I think the Americans know that, and if they bring in any ground troops there will be absolute carnage.
    I'm sure Persia is well prepared, they'd give the imperialist more than a bloody nose.
    They'll probably give them a slipped disc, broken legs and plenty of scar's...

The whole Shia world will respond without hesitation..

Iran is a powerhouse militarily in the region.

I believe your actually overstating their capacity to wage wars on multiple fronts , insurgency is all well till you actually have to defend your own borders from multiple military interventions .

But again it's only yourself and one or two others shouting a war is coming ,

Doesn't really say much

nthclare wrote: »
    I think the Americans know that, and if they bring in any ground troops there will be absolute carnage.
    I'm sure Persia is well prepared, they'd give the imperialist more than a bloody nose.
    They'll probably give them a slipped disc, broken legs and plenty of scar's...

The whole Shia world will respond without hesitation..

They have been sending aircraft carriers and destroyers to the region for months, just most of the world not paying attention. It was the reeason Trump was able to give the go ahead to strike on short notice and then pulled back last minute. There about 70,000 US troops in the Middle East already, just not enough for a ground invasion.

Gatling wrote: »
    I believe your actually overstating their capacity to wage wars on multiple fronts , insurgency is all well till you actually have to defend your own borders from multiple military interventions .

But again it's only yourself and one or two others shouting a war is coming ,

Doesn't really say much

Sure its only me. If Trump did not change his mind on Thursday we be seeing a war right now. Everyone in Trump inner circle wanted strikes against Iran, you just don't get it. Trump can't pull back from this again and again. War is coming.

You see if i overstated Iran ability to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Yea Iran certainly have a lot of targets in their neighborhood, and Hezbollah's 150,000 missiles primed and aimed at Israel might have cooled his head down a little.

25-5.jpg

Christ..
    If you believe that, I have a bitcoin to sell you. Going for 10 euro.

They have been sending aircraft carriers and destroyers to the region for months, just most of the world not paying attention. It was the reeason Trump was able to give the go ahead to strike on short notice and then pulled back last minute. There about 70,000 US troops in the Middle East already, just not enough for a ground invasion.

I just hope there's no war there in Iran, the people have enough hardship, whether they're under dictatorship or not.
    They don't need a war.

Iran has great potential for tourism, fishing, hiking, shopping, and sharing their cultural heritage.

A lot of nations have nuclear weapons and don't use them, they talk a lot about wiping Israel off the map, but I think if they wanted to they'd have peppered it at this point.

There was a time when Israel and Iran had a great relationship.

The best man to explain the entire situation about Iran and Israel is Robert Fisk.

I just hope there's no war there in Iran, the people have enough hardship, whether they're under dictatorship or not.
    They don't need a war.

Iran has great potential for tourism, fishing, hiking, shopping, and sharing their cultural heritage.

A lot of nations have nuclear weapons and don't use them, they talk a lot about wiping Israel off the map, but I think if they wanted to they'd have peppered it at this point.

The best man to explain the entire situation about Iran and Israel is Robert Fisk.

They never said they wanted to wipe Israel off the map. They said they wanted to rid the world of the racist ideology called Zionism.
    Before Zionism, Iran did get on with Israel. So did the Palestinians before Zionists sent the bulldozers in.

They don't need a war.

It's evident now war is about to begin. Iran would have do a massive u turn and agree to a new deal to stop it. Trump was able to call of strike this time, but his boxed in now, i don't think he be able to next time.

Apparently the White House is in lockdown right now, a suspicious package found. This is what you expect to see with tensions raising. It maybe be false alarm we see.

Trump is now targetting the supreme leader of Iran with sanactions. Seeing now in my twitter feed breaking news, it be news in mainstream news shortly. Other major sanactions also announced

It's evident now war is about to begin. Iran would have do a massive u turn and agree to a new deal to stop it. Trump was able to call of strike this time, but his boxed in now, i don't think he be able to next time.

Apparently the White House is in lockdown right now, a suspicious package found. This is what you expect to see with tensions raising. It maybe be false alarm we see.

Trump is now targetting the supreme leader of Iran with sanactions. Seeing now in my twitter feed breaking news, it be news in mainstream news shortly. Other major sanactions also announced

Oh dear I hope the Iranians talk to him, and just get some correlation between them and the imperialistic threat.

• Advertisement

Oh dear .

Lol

You should take your head out of your ass every once in a while.

“Today, Hezbollah possesses more firepower than 95 percent of the world’s conventional militaries, and more rockets and missiles than all European NATO members combined,” the report stated.

Various estimates put Hezbollah’s overall rocket and missile stockpiles at between 120,000 to 140,000—up from roughly 10,000 in the last conflict in 2006. While the vast majority comprises inaccurate short-range rockets, the terror group also has several thousand medium-range rockets and several hundred precision long-range missiles capable of striking targets throughout all of Israel. At the same time, Hezbollah has also bolstered its fighting force from 13,000 fighters in 2006 to a current 25,000 active-duty members, in addition to 20,000 to 30,000 reserve fighters.

https://www.jns.org/hezbollah-has-more-firepower-than-95-percent-of-worlds-conventional-militaries-report-warns/

bunderoon wrote: »
    Christ..
    If you believe that, I have a bitcoin to sell you. Going for 10 euro.

How many missiles does Hezbollah have aimed at Israel?
    Security Minister reveals Lebanese terror group's arsenal has grown to 150,000 missiles and rockets, says Iraq could join assault on Israel.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/253558

You should take

A holiday from nonsense peddlers but it's so much fun watching the train wreck

It's evident now war is about to begin.

Oh stop will you , you have being predicting WW3 any where countries have a slight falling out ,
    Russia , North Korea ,india , Pakistan , Israel ,Iran

But hey we're all still here .

Have any of your war predicting came through

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Moved from AH > CA

How many missiles does Hezbollah have aimed at Israel?
    Security Minister reveals Lebanese terror group's arsenal has grown to 150,000 missiles and rockets, says Iraq could join assault on Israel.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/253558

Have you any legitimate sources?

Oh stop will you , you have being predicting WW3 any where countries have a slight falling out ,
    Russia , North Korea ,india , Pakistan , Israel ,Iran

But hey we're all still here .

Have any of your war predicting came through

Yep i predicted the Syrian war would be a proxy war. Turned out to be correct.

I predicted North Korean war if tensions did not ease. I was one off the people who supported Trump talks with North Korea, others on here attacked me for saying it was a good thing..

India and Pakistan are at war, but its limited to border shirmishes right now.

I also predicted Putin would not allow the Russian separatists to fall. Many people said i was crazy and Ukraine army won in east of Ukraine. I said no Putin would stand by and allow this to happen and in end was right.

Iran- you see.

bunderoon wrote: »
    Have you any legitimate sources?

Such as?

According to Netanyahu, these precision missiles are capable of striking with 10 meters (32 feet) of their given target. Hezbollah is believed to have an arsenal of between 100,000 and 150,000 rockets and missiles, though the vast majority are thought to lack precision technology.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-sends-hezbollah-gps-parts-to-turn-rockets-into-precision-missiles-report/

Israeli officials estimate Hezbollah has stockpiled approximately 150,000 missiles, compared to about 15,000 before the 34-day war in 2006 war that killed about 1,200 Lebanese and 165 Israelis.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/whats-next-for-hezbollah-after-its-syria-adventure/2018/12/11/4818d7e2-fd66-11e8-a17e-162b712e8fc2_story.html?utm_term=.fc062955c6ec

The BICOM document said Hezbollah is currently thought to have only a relatively small number of precision missiles, somewhere between 20 and 200. But even this number, combined with its enormous quantity of “dumb” missiles (which Israel estimates at between 100,000 and 150,000), would be capable of doing damage to Israel’s infrastructure.

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/iran/.premium-iran-s-covert-scheme-to-upgrade-hezbollah-s-rocket-arsenal-revealed-1.6978683

There are known rocket stockpiles remaining in Syria—and, clearly, there are larger missiles, as last month’s launch showed—but the world leader in the field is Hezbollah in Lebanon, with an estimated 100,000 to 150,000 rockets of all ranges and payloads aimed at Israel.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/to-target-israel-irans-suitcase-gps-kits-turn-hezbollah-rockets-into-guided-missiles

That’s because Hezbollah has used the intervening period to fortify one of the world’s most powerful militias, gaining strength through its hold over Lebanese politics, an influx of fighters battle-hardened from Syria’s civil war, and an arsenal that Israel says has been boosted 10-fold to about 150,000 missiles.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-10/israel-faces-a-more-formidable-hezbollah-digging-in-from-lebanon

Enjoy the read and hopefully snap out of your denial syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

My observations and opinions: Sanctions have had some positive effects and also negative effects as they have emboldened their leaders and allowed them to stay in power. Iran claims the US cyber attacks on its military had failed. I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth about how effective there were. But interestingly, Iran is now hinting that it could be willing to discuss new concessions with Washington if the United States were to lift sanctions and offer new incentives. What I find most interesting is the Secretary of State Pompeo arrived today in Saudi Arabia with a hastily arranged meeting. And it is pretty evident, IMO, Saudi Arabia is spoiling for a fight with Iran. There is definitely something in the works now regarding Iran. I would be surprised if Saudi Arabia doesn’t play a key role in what happens.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Yep i predicted the Syrian war would be a proxy war. Turned out to be correct.

I predicted North Korean war if tensions did not ease. I was one off the people who supported Trump talks with North Korea, others on here attacked me for saying it was a good thing..

India and Pakistan are at war, but its limited to border shirmishes right now.

I also predicted Putin would not allow the Russian separatists to fall. Many people said i was crazy and Ukraine army won in east of Ukraine. I said no Putin would stand by and allow this to happen and in end was right.

Iran- you see.

So basically none of them ,no

Shucks

Advertisement