Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Officials said the strike was not a bluff Trump and his cabinet agreed to carry it out and Trump at final stages called it off.

The worrying thing is we know his inner circle wanted to do it. Pompeo, Bolton, Gina Haspel ( head of CIA) wanted a strike.

Yep i don't buy the drone was just over water, i too believe it entered Iranian airspace to take pictures.

Still i have feeling Trump realised 150 lives for the unmanned drone was messy and he was about to have a war with Iran over this. He also realised his supporters are not keen on it and may harm his election hopes.

What shocked me was FOX news turned on him for this indecision and if Trump watching that, he going to rethink his position next time. Trump has now boxed himself into a corner and looking weak next time is a problem for him. Lets hope there no more incidents, but i expect it not over yet.

I'm pretty sure if it fell in international waters the US would have been on it like a hot snot instead of the Iranians picking up the debris, judging by the sequence of events the last while the US seems to have deliberately set itself on a collision course with Iran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

theguzman wrote: »
    Iran won't lose unless America uses Nuclear on them, even then the Ayatollahs have no problems to sacrifce millions. Iran should be left alone because if America puts boots on the ground it will turn into their their costliest war ever as Iran geographically is a fort and if America does launch an Invasion then Russia and China will both back Iran and the Russian S400 will take down any US Aircraft, Iran is unwinnable for the US unless they strike first with several Nuclear Weapons and the death toll will be incalculable, Putin and Xi will not allow Tehran be conquered, Trump himself is surely looking for someway to avoid war and at the same time save face and look like he is winning, he knows if he puts boots on the ground on Iran he is toast come Nov 2020.

Boots on the ground mean 4 more years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I'm pretty sure if it fell in international waters the US would have been on it like a hot snot instead of the Iranians picking up the debris, judging by the sequence of events the last while the US seems to have deliberately set itself on a collision course with Iran

I agree, the question is was Trump naive to think the Iranians would not fire a missile at US drones? If he truly was that naive and does not want a war, actions like this will not happen again?

By all accounts a US recon plane was also near by and was targetted by the Iranians, but they decided not to fire at it. Iranians made a wise choice there. No American lives lost, is only reason Trump was able to call it off, but his cabinet are all in for starting a new war and this very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Iran executes ex-defence ministry employee over US spy charge

Iran has reportedly executed one of its former ministry of defence employees suspected of spying for the US.

Jalal Hajizavar was a contract employee for the aerospace organisation, according to reports on Saturday.

He left his post nine years ago and was convicted by a military court after an investigation which discovered documents and spying equipment at his home, according to the IRIB news agency.

It claims he was executed at the Rajai Shahr prison in Karaj, west of Tehran.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

The fucking idiot of the united states has said that Iran did attack 2 oil tankers in the gulf of Oman, the idiot would want to take a step back and consider the consequences of going to war with Iran, Iran is not Iraq in 2003 after 13 years of sanctions against Saddam, the only way Usrael can beat Iran is by using nukes.

I have followed various wars and reasons for wars since the late 80's, looked into all I could find, and in every case a false narrative was put forward by the USA in it's want of war, just like today.

The US (best military in the world:rolleyes:) would be best looking at the fact it hasn't won a war since WW2, even then the Russians actually did the bulk of killing and dying.

I hope Russia stand in the way again and bring them to task or total destruction, the only solution.

YES INDEED!

Well lookie here siree, at this fine and dandy map I got me right here
    That speck right there is, as sure as apple pie, a weapon of mass destruction
    That ain't no barn or photoshop job, no siree, that sure is an evil, non-western, non- white, weapon of mass destruction

But sir, isn't stupidity also a weapon of mass destruction?
    Move along soldier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Boots on the ground mean 4 more years.

No. Trump is toast if he goes to war. His base (his actual base not the general republican base) is anti war.

He was reminded of this when he watched Tucker Carlson last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Everybody has overlooked another aspect of this...the Shia's in Iraq.

They have close ties to Iran and a lot of them will almost certainly open a second front to help the Iranians.

There have already been some rocket attacks on American bases in Iraq...and American personnel withdrawn.

Its very likely an attack on Iran will restart the American/Iraq war as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

No. Trump is toast if he goes to war. His base (his actual base not the general republican base) is anti war.

He was reminded of this when he watched Tucker Carlson last week.

The problem is his inner circle trusted advisors wanted a war against Iran. Trump is in difficult position.

I watched some clips of Fox News to see the reaction and hannity and fox and friends were warmongering after his decision to call off the strikes. Trump is getting hit harder from all sides about his indecision about the strikes.Fair play to Tucker seems to be the only reasonable personality on there right now saying Trump decision was correct, but will Tucker opinion be enough to stop Trump changing his mind?

Trump could change his mind by next week if all we know, and order a strike. Trump unpredictable and can go either way, but thankfully he backed off this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

It's very hard to read this thread. The amount of bollix spoken is unbelievable.

Strangle enough, the only people mentioning war, are the apparently anti-war brigade.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

It's very hard to read this thread. The amount of bollix spoken is unbelievable.

Strangle enough, the only people mentioning war, are the apparently anti-war brigade.

You just mentioned war. And by calling us an anti war brigade you admit that there’s a war (or potential war) to be anti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

.....such as......?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

After the Iranian Navy got fairly much removed from the Gulf in the 1988 by the US Navy, there seemed to have been no particular repercussions. Except for the tanker war stopping.

That's not to say Iran couldn't make life very miserable for the US in Iraq or Afghanistan. Or perhaps better to say more miserable, nobody thinks they're not involved.

It's interesting to note that the various official briefings are drawing a distinction between the IRGC and the Iranian Army. It's often "IRGC missile" and "IRGC Boat" instead of a simple "Iranian". I submit that this is not accidental and is part of a strategy to limit expansion.

Given American efforts to collapse their economy, which the world has meekly gone along with, the Iranian regime has no choice but to raise tension and see if Trump is bluffing again. He may be looking for minor modifications to JCPOA as he did with Canada on NAFTA so he can bray about a win. They know he doesn’t want a war and they need concessions on sanctions. If the US does bomb Iran one scenario could be a prolonged series of attacks on US interests across the world - not what the Trump base or Wall St. would like to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

A war with Iran whould be absolutely insane. The result could be a broad sectarian war between shia and Sunni islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

A war with Iran whould be absolutely insane. The result could be a broad sectarian war between shia and Sunni islam.

A lot of people are unaware of the differences and hostility between Shia and Sunni Islam.
    I often mentioned it here and people seem to be clueless about it.

The Sunni's are way more hostile than the Shias, most of the terrorists are Sunni's

Shia Islam has its fault's but they're more tolerant than the Sunni's.

Look at Saudi Arabia no Christian churches, Jewish temple's or Buddihst center's, as for Iran there's plenty of diversity of religion.
    Although Shia Islam is the most prominent.

They understand the part of the Koran which allows people of the abrahamic book to worship the abrahamic God...

As for Saudi it's all wahabism...but yet the Shias are tarred with a hotter brush..

And no way would the Iranian Shias work with the Sunni terrorist's... they hate each other...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Let's see we have a country with a long history of false flags and lies to start wars, invade, kill thousands, WMDs, gulf of Tonkin etc etc. and now we're expected to believe this horsesh!te, yep I'd say its very relevant considering the many lives that could be lost, US propaganda is not as effective as it used to be... With good reason

Modern America is a mess and hasn't learned a thing from its dodgy wars like Vietnam and Iraq. The 2018-2019 version of the American government is one of the very worst ever with idiots like John Bolton and Mike Pompeo in it who are not very different to those Gilead guys in The Handmaid's Tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Modern America is a mess and hasn't learned a thing from its dodgy wars like Vietnam and Iraq. The 2018-2019 version of the American government is one of the very worst ever with idiots like John Bolton and Mike Pompeo in it who are not very different to those Gilead guys in The Handmaid's Tale.

The US has learnt. The thing is, is that it doesnt care. The US is an important tool for the real string pullers. Why bother to have the string pullers people die in combat when you can get the US's people to - and they wouldnt even know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Do you have a quota to fill in every post that you must mention Gilead?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Look at Saudi Arabia no Christian churches, Jewish temple's or Buddihst center's

Are there Saudi citizens who follow these religions and need a place or worship ?

smurfjed wrote: »
    Are there Saudi citizens who follow these religions and need a place or worship ?

There must be Christians in Saudi. Ex pats if nothing else.

Are you popping in here to defend Saudi Arabia?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's not tolerated as far as I'm aware there is no other religious places of worship any where in Saudi ,

If there is it's likely behind walls of sovereign Embassys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Unsure. I'm fairly sure there are that the shia population are treated like shite however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    A lot of people are unaware of the differences and hostility between Shia and Sunni Islam.
    I often mentioned it here and people seem to be clueless about it.

The Sunni's are way more hostile than the Shias, most of the terrorists are Sunni's

Shia Islam has its fault's but they're more tolerant than the Sunni's.

Look at Saudi Arabia no Christian churches, Jewish temple's or Buddihst center's, as for Iran there's plenty of diversity of religion.
    Although Shia Islam is the most prominent.

They understand the part of the Koran which allows people of the abrahamic book to worship the abrahamic God...

As for Saudi it's all wahabism...but yet the Shias are tarred with a hotter brush..

And no way would the Iranian Shias work with the Sunni terrorist's... they hate each other...

14 out of the 17 hijackers who flew into the world trade centre were Saudis and it was funded by bin Laden who was also a saudi . Yet america in their infinite wisdom decided to invade Iraq. America can go and bomb and invade countries , kill thousands of people in the name of " freedom " and why people in these countries fight back theyre called terrorists

14 out of the 17 hijackers who flew into the world trade centre were Saudis and it was funded by bin Laden who was also a saudi . Yet america in their infinite wisdom decided to invade Iraq

They invaded Afghanistan to remove alqueda and the Taliban first , Iraq was bush jr.trying to out do daddy ,

I believe we had terrorism before America bombed Iraq and eventually invaded Iraq ,

I don't believe anyone on boards supported the 2nd Iraq war ,
    But I've regularly come across posts where people point to Afghanistan and look what America did in Afghanistan and America destabilised Afghanistan which was a ****ahole when the Russians decided communism was to be installed on the people of Afghanistan ,
    A very forward country at the time , university education was standard , women dressed Western styles ,a huge amount of the worlds fruit and nuts were grown and produced in Afghanistan,

But some how its all Americas fault ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Gatling wrote: »

Where else have they invaded

Grenada.

But I've regularly come across posts where people point to Afghanistan and look what America did in Afghanistan and America destabilised Afghanistan which was a ****ahole when the Russians decided communism was to be installed on the people of Afghanistan ,
    A very forward country at the time , university education was standard , women dressed Western styles ,a huge amount of the worlds fruit and nuts were grown and produced in Afghanistan,

But some how its all Americas fault ,

I have trouble reading your post, are you saying it was the USSR's fault that a moderate and secular Afghanistan which promoted education and women's rights failed? The USSR is guilty of many, many things but it was the US, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan which supported the Mujhadeen and eventually the Taliban.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I have trouble reading your post, are you saying it was the USSR's fault that a moderate and secular Afghanistan which promoted education and women's rights failed? The USSR is guilty of many, many things but it was the US, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan which supported the Mujhadeen and eventually the Taliban.

Yes. The Soviets had no right to invade but it was the US support for Afghanistan’s Islamists that started the rise in Islamist theology. I believe Rambo helped them out at the time.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I have trouble reading your post, are you saying it was the USSR's fault that a moderate and secular Afghanistan which promoted education and women's rights failed? The USSR is guilty of many, many things but

If you don't know what your talking about maybe consider stopping .
    Case and point in the opening lines of your post

Yes. The Soviets had no right to invade but it was the US support for Afghanistan

Yeah the support for Afghanis to defend themselves against over whelming russian fire power and chemical weapons deployed against unarmed civilians .

But wait it's America's fault .......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Yeah the support for Afghanis to defend themselves against over whelming russian fire power and chemical weapons deployed against unarmed civilians .

But wait it's America's fault .......

Ah yes the Mujahadeen, great bunch of lads. The photo of Brzezinski shaking Osama Bin Laden's hand when the US was supplying him with weapons and cash is heartwarming.

• Advertisement

If you don't know what your talking about maybe consider stopping .
    Case and point in the opening lines of your post

I'm genuinely embarrassed for you. Read some books.

Advertisement