Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2020 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I find the aquanatal classes brilliant!

I tried pregnancy pilates and hated it- I was dreading it every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Yellowmac

Well my Feb 2020 baby decided he wanted to be a Jan 2020 baby and arrived yesterday exactly 2 weeks earlier than expected! He is perfect and we are over the moon. Labour was tough but an empowering experience. Women are incredible and the result is worth every second.
    Best of luck to all the February ladies you will be fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Ah congratulations Yellowmac! Enjoy the newborn bubble!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Yellowmac wrote: »
    Well my Feb 2020 baby decided he wanted to be a Jan 2020 baby and arrived yesterday exactly 2 weeks earlier than expected! He is perfect and we are over the moon. Labour was tough but an empowering experience. Women are incredible and the result is worth every second.
    Best of luck to all the February ladies you will be fab!

Congratulations! That is fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 clarnimhurchu

Congratulation Yellowmac, you must be over the moon! Enjoy all the cuddles, and I hope everyone else takes care of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Hoorah, first thread baby has arrived, huge congrats Yellowmac and enjoy every second of this special time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Congratulations Yellowmac xxx well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

Rockiemalt wrote: »
    Hello, hope you are all doing well.

I disappeared from this group for a few months as I got distracted by working and trying to sort baby things and gestational diabetes!

Still not sorted but finished work now.

Having trouble coming up with boy names, its so difficult!

Also did a aqua natal class yesterday which was lovely to do as I felt light for first time in months!

I am also interested in aqua natal classes, but can’t find anywhere close by. Could you please let me know where you went?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ca_va

Amazing news yellowmac, congratulations! Well done to you, enjoy the newborn bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I do aqua natal with eureka hydrotherapy- I go to the one in Rathfarnham on Saturday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Congratulations Yelloemac, hope you are all doing well!

Its eureka hydrotherapy I went to too in Rathfarnham, but she seems to do classes in a few different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Hi folks. I'm reading these aqua natal posts with interest.

My wife is 36 weeks along so it's probably too late to start a block of classes.

She's mentioned that she'd really like to just get into a pool to get the weight off her feet. Do any of you know of a quiet place in south Dublin we could maybe go to this weekend? It doesn't need to be an organised class.

I was thinking of the Swan Centre in Rathmines, but even during public hours that will probably be set up for lane swimming...when all she wants to do is paddle around.

Evil_g wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm reading these aqua natal posts with interest.

My wife is 36 weeks along so it's probably too late to start a block of classes.

She's mentioned that she'd really like to just get into a pool to get the weight off her feet.

I only did my first aquanatal class at 36 weeks, just doing pay as you go, €15 a class rather than booking a block! The pool is lovely and warm in butterfield too.

I have been to Swan just for a swim too, theres always open space as well as a few lanes so you can just splash about. Another good thing about swan is there isn’t set swim times, so you can go in for 20 mins or 3 hours, no restrictions :)
    https://www.swanleisure.ie/facilities/pool

There’s also Templeogue and Terenure college pools too, Tallaght Leisure Centre, etc which each have set swim times so you’d want to check in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Evil_g

That's really helpful. Thanks!

I think she'd be pretty nervous rocking up at public hours somewhere if there was a risk that she'd be the only one there not swimming lengths :)

During pregnancy I went up to the pool at Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley for a swim on a Sunday morning and it was lovely and quiet, split into lanes and open pool. No problem or judgement just having a float around. So worth thinking of hotels and gyms near you as well most will let you pay in for a session. There is nothing better than the pool at that stage she will feel great! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sosa1

Hi,

Hope everyone is getting on ok. I have a quick question regarding getting signed off work early when your in your last trimester.

I'm 33 weeks at the moment, due to go on Mat leave at 36 weeks but am finding a it tougher and tougher to get through the working day! I've had trouble sleeping the past two weeks- waking up loads in the night, so just not getting any rest at all. That, plus an hour commute each way means I'm exhausted by 10 am.

Has anyone been signed off early? At this stage, I'd only need a sick note for 2 weeks before my Mat leave kicks in. Just wondering if exhaustion is enough to get a doc to sign me off?!

Any opinions welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Sosa1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope everyone is getting on ok. I have a quick question regarding getting signed off work early when your in your last trimester.

I'm 33 weeks at the moment, due to go on Mat leave at 36 weeks but am finding a it tougher and tougher to get through the working day! I've had trouble sleeping the past two weeks- waking up loads in the night, so just not getting any rest at all. That, plus an hour commute each way means I'm exhausted by 10 am.

Has anyone been signed off early? At this stage, I'd only need a sick note for 2 weeks before my Mat leave kicks in. Just wondering if exhaustion is enough to get a doc to sign me off?!

Any opinions welcomed!

Exhaustion should be more than fine. In my experience, GP’s would prefer to see you getting as much rest as possible ahead of the big day. Just explain that you aren’t getting enough sleep and struggling with it.

No personal experience of that Sosa but my friend was signed off early for exactly that reason! You need your energy for labour and recovery. Personally, I've been off since 33 weeks and it has done me the world of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Sosa1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any opinions welcomed!

I was signed off two weeks early as I got a tummy bug and ended up in hospital to get fluids. My consultant said the fluid levels were low around baby and that I was likely to be induced early. My doctor didn't even need to see me - her secretary gave me the cert for the two weeks without issue so I imagine yours will be the same.

Just as well as I was due to start maternity leave on Jan 24th (the same day I was induced). Little Cadhla will be 8 days old on her due date :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes I have done it.Doctor will have no problems or your hospital once you explain you are struggling.Don't be a martyr to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Sosa1

Thanks everyone, I have a hosp appointment on Tuesday, so will say it to the midwife/consultant & hopefully get signed off then! I think I'll spend a full week in bed if I get it!

Excellent thinking! A week well spent :)

My gp had no issue signing me off when I explained why, lack of sleep, super stressful work, trying to manage GD, etc so I’d say ask about it.
    Focus on having you and baby in the healthiest way possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DAT64

Baby girl arrived Weds 5th after induction. All is good I’m living in the bubble right now and loving every second x

DAT64 wrote: »
    Baby girl arrived Weds 5th after induction. All is good I’m living in the bubble right now and loving every second x

Congratulations wonderful news! Delighted your baby is here safe and sound. Enjoy this amazing time xx

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

My lovely fella arrived on 4th. Trying to remember all the newborn stuff again and how to wrangle giant boobs . Hope all the arrivals safely here soon and enjoy the snuggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Aww huge massive congrats DAT64 and tiredcity on the safe arrival of your little babies - hope you are lapping up every single second :p

And hang in there all the other February mams and dads to be, I know I am cracking up since i finished work last Friday and I'm still a week away from EDD. Meeting consultant again on Tuesday and I'm contemplating asking for a sweep to hopefully get things moving soon (will be 39+3). The raspberry leaf tea/ chilli on everything/ long walks/ hot baths/ birthing ball have not been working for me so far!

Also just following back, I went to a Cuidiu meetup in a local town yesterday for the first time - learned more from experienced mammies in those two hours about breastfeeding than I did in all the classes and books and online guidance that I've been immersing myself in over the last few months. If there is a group near you, I would highly recommend popping along (I thought it would be awkward but it wasn't AT ALL) and thanks again to the wise soul on this forum who recommended Cuidiu because I hadn't even heard of them beforehand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

I’m 37+1 today and the midwife said she can’t see me going a day over 39 if I make it that far!
    Had braxton hicks last night for the first time ever, I was terrified.
    Today I’ve had random little twinges, some quite sore, so it would seem my body is definitely preparing for the big day.

I’ve cancelled all my weekend plans as I’m just feeling a bit odd...going to get plenty of rest and hope labour holds off for another week or 2 as I’m not mentally ready to be honest!

Huge congratulations to all the new parents, I hope you’re all doing well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 43 clarnimhurchu

Congratulations DAT64 and Tiredcity! I hope your both doing well, and enjoying all the cuddles!

RebelScorned, that's great that you got on well at Cuidiú... They're a great support!

In 37+2 today and I finished up work yesterday. I've a lot of hip pain, which would be nice to be without, but I'm also not mentally prepared yet. I could do with another week at least! I get a load of Braxton-Hicks in a row sometimes, and it is pretty scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Chelle_C wrote: »
    I’m 37+1 today and the midwife said she can’t see me going a day over 39 if I make it that far!
    Had braxton hicks last night for the first time ever, I was terrified.
    Today I’ve had random little twinges, some quite sore, so it would seem my body is definitely preparing for the big day.

I’ve cancelled all my weekend plans as I’m just feeling a bit odd...going to get plenty of rest and hope labour holds off for another week or 2 as I’m not mentally ready to be honest!

Huge congratulations to all the new parents, I hope you’re all doing well xx

Probably not what you want to heard but with my first at my 40+3 appointment the midwife did an internal and said I would definitely go in the next 48 hours (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) because I was already dilated. I ended up being induced at 10 days over.

Advertisement