Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    https://www.lcfc.com/news/1297982/leicester-city-squad-numbers-for-201920-confirmed/press-release

if teams were picked on squad numbers, I would worry about Perez v Tielemans

Long gone are the days of 1 to 11. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

chris445 wrote: »
    Willian, RLC, Van Ginkel and Hudson Adoi are all unavailable according to physioroom.
    I would also have classed Kovacic in the same role as Jorginho/Kante rather than further forward.
    I think at the moment the number 10 role is between Barkley and Mason Mount and think PL experience will edge it for Barkley for the first few GW.
    +1

Barkley has been a banker in my team for over a week now, especially after his recent pre-season showings. Kinda have a hunch that Lamps might see a bit of himself in him too. Not an ideal start with Man United up first (who I expect will be much more solid defensively this season) so I'm anticipating little out of the first fixture, but after that I'll be expecting many points from him. Will obviously keep an eye on the Chelsea situation for next week (Mason Mount) but the minimal risk is worth it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

eagle eye wrote: »
    A lot of people picking Barkley in their lineups. I just don't see him in the starting lineup.

Lampard seems to like a 4-2-3-1 formation.
    So if he goes with that then you have Kante and Jorginho at the base of midfield with Bakayoko there as backup. I think Pulisic is certain to start on the left for at least the first six games. I'd fancy Hudson-Odoi will start on the right side which leaves the central attacking midfield role. You have William, Pedro, Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Van Ginkel and Mason Mount, who played at Derby under Lampard last season, and Barkley fighting for one or maybe two spots on the team sheet.
    Up front is just as hard to call with Giroud, Batshuayi and Abraham looking for the start.
    Even if Lamps goes with a 4-3-3 it doesn't make it any easier for Barkley imo.
    He's a £6m punt, if he was a banker he's an £8m player. You have to take a gamble somewhre

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He's a £6m punt, if he was a banker he's an £8m player. You have to take a gamble somewhre

Barkley if nailed could be closer to a £10m player. However he is a punt. It's always nice to have one punt starting off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

This might be of interest to some folks, came across it on fantasy scout site

https://fanteam.com/season-game/171482

Very interesting to see how they get on with this given theres almost €300k of prizes. If it doesn't hit the 10k before the season start they'll be leaving registration open until GW4. Horrible game to be registering late for guess those are the dead money that make these things possible though.

Think I might give this a shot if I have time to go through the rules properly seems to only be subtle differences from fpl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

On the point of money leagues, in the Sky game there's an option to enter built-in paid leagues: £2, £5, £10, and £20. Granted you have to have a skybet account to be able to enter these. Each one pays out positions 1 through 4(50%/25%/15%/10%). For example the £20 league has a prize pot of over £4k at the minute. I'd imagine that will be closer to £7k by kickoff.

https://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

manual_man wrote: »
    Barkley if nailed could be closer to a £10m player. However he is a punt. It's always nice to have one punt starting off :)

I've a feeling I'll have 15 punts in my squad come GW2!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I've a feeling I'll have 15 punts in my squad come GW2!

Never, ever go full Prodston..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Never, ever go full Prodston..

Oi, it's 14 punts AND Aguero :)

• Advertisement

:D

Or.. PVA + 14 others!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

On the point of money leagues, in the Sky game there's an option to enter built-in paid leagues: £2, £5, £10, and £20. Granted you have to have a skybet account to be able to enter these. Each one pays out positions 1 through 4(50%/25%/15%/10%). For example the £20 league has a prize pot of over £4k at the minute. I'd imagine that will be closer to £7k by kickoff.

https://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/

Is that sky game the same systems as the premier league one? If it was that would make money leagues very easy to buy into but if the system points wise etc is different I personally dont think I'd like to have two on the go.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Is that sky game the same systems as the premier league one? If it was that would make money leagues very easy to buy into but if the system points wise etc is different I personally dont think I'd like to have two on the go.

I find it easy to balance the two. The rules are different but not difficult to understand. There's a few differences:

You don't have subs. You just select your best eleven from the 100m budget. You have 40 transfers for the whole season. These can be used at any time, with the exception that no more than 5 can be used in a single game week.

You can set a captain for every day there's a league game on(granted you have a player playing on that day).

Points are allocated for goals assists and clean sheets but there are also extra points on offer for passing, tackling and shooting counts(it makes some of the more defensive minded midfielders more viable for example).

3 bonus points are given to whoever's awarded man of the match.

The nature of how the transfer system works along with the ability to have multiple captains in a gameweek is a key part of the strategy. You can set your captains in advance for each gameweek so it's not so stressful - however if you make a transfer during the gameweek(which you can do, right up until the earliest kickoff on any given day), you may wish to change your captain as part of your strategy. Just for example, you may have Salah and captain him for the Saturday game. Then, before first kickoff on Sunday, you may transfer Kane in for him, thus having 2 really good captain choices over those 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Arsenal confirm Pepe signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1156986034980302849

Strong wolves team for Europa second leg ......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

km79 wrote: »
    Strong wolves team for Europa second leg ......

There's a thread for non fpl related fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone getting itchy feet about Zinchenko? They signed a new LB this summer, plus Mendy to come back. Seems like a recepie for disaster. And there's zero attacking threat isn't there?

Anyone getting itchy feet about Zinchenko? They signed a new LB this summer, plus Mendy to come back. Seems like a recepie for disaster. And there's zero attacking threat isn't there?

He was excellent in City's winning streak on their way to the title. Very few goals conceded and chipped in with 3 assists in 1151 mins. The spot is his to lose IMO. All the same, I think Laporte will score more, though he is 1m more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The thing I don't like about Zinchenko is that he takes up a City spot in your team. City and Liverpool players aren't an area where you want to scrounge on due to the options there.

Personally, I went for Laporte, Sterling, and KdB as my three City players. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Wilberto wrote: »
    The thing I don't like about Zinchenko is that he takes up a City spot in your team. City and Liverpool players aren't an area where you want to scrounge on due to the options there.

Manage to get kane And mo in too?

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Manage to get kane And mo in too?

Only Mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Which is the better midfield combo

Fraser and Siggy or De Bruyne and Barkley

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Which is the better midfield combo

Fraser and Siggy or De Bruyne and Barkley

Siggy and KdB(Not what you want to hear).
    That's who I've gone with at the moment, Wilson is my BOU cover.

Fraser and Siggy - with the proviso that you have City attack coverage also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is Pepe likely to be added today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I dunno. But if he shoots a lot and score, the headlines better refer to him as Pepe le pew pew pew pew

*blows smoking guns and places them back in holsters*

Edit. And if he stinks the place up with a bad performance, Pepe Le Pew, singular will suffice.

razorblunt wrote: »

I'd say he will be added by the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,612 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I had this team selected that most seemed to like. The one before that had too many punts in the eyes of many.
    Now I'm thinking about punts again.
    Team value is important so getting some early risers is important. I think I'm going to go with a team full of punts and leave the money in the bank for two of the likes of Salah, Sterling, Aguero, Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

Wilberto wrote: »

I think Laporte picked up a in knock in training, worth keeping an eye out for.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »

added now 9.5

Advertisement