Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratings Discussion Thread - Mod Warning #271 (26th June)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

WWE - coming to you soon from a soundstage at Universal Studios! Filmed in front of a live studio audience

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

4000 paid and they gave away 2000 free tickets.

Still pushing Corbin as a main guy for the next show.

WCW/TNA

It's not that grim.
    I'm just reading The Death of WCW & there is a part where it says towards the end a Nitro build around the return of Ric Flair drew just over 900 people which is sad for so many reasons one being a few years prior they were getting 20k or up to 40k for some Nitro's.
    There is also a part where a successful Australian tour somehow ran at a loss when they never took into account space needed for sound and lighting equipment. :rolleyes:
    For all the sensitive Sally's out there WWE will be fine but in terms of general popularity they are at their lowest point since the mid 90's. They always had a Cena or someone to fall back on who'd draw in a steady crowd but years of bad booking has bitten them right now. Not sure what quick fix solution there is to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Rollins is possibly the worst main guy they've ever had, in my opinion. As a face, at least. He's a great heel.

Look at the SG main event, they needed a Becky run-in to get any kind of positive reaction from the crowd. As popular as Becky is, your top guy shouldn't be in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rollins is a great heel.

dtKHyTW.jpg

Blonde streak Rollins was peak Rollins. He should go back to that to at least stand out.

Picture Rollins, Roman, Elias and Drew in your head. It's like a Pokemon evolution chart. All so same-y.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think Rollins is possibly the worst main guy they've ever had, in my opinion. As a face, at least. He's a great heel.

Look at the SG main event, they needed a Becky run-in to get any kind of positive reaction from the crowd. As popular as Becky is, your top guy shouldn't be in that position.

Don’t worry both Becky and Rollins are set to lose their belts at extreme rules. Setting up conflict between Seth and Becky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    WWE - coming to you soon from a soundstage at Universal Studios! Filmed in front of a black tarp curtain

Fixed

This is pretty on the nose!

Omackeral wrote: »
    This is pretty on the nose!

That is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

. They made a great move in launching the Network, but in my opinion, they are missing a huge trick in not offering a tiered model, whereby you can opt to pay extra for live Raws & Smackdowns.

I think the tv companies would go mental if you could watch there shows outside of their networks sadly so never going to be an option.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I think the tv companies would go mental if you could watch there shows outside of their networks sadly so never going to be an option.

Yeah those TV deals are the biggest asset the company has right now as in hindsight they essentially got more than they're worth right now. They won't do a thing to risk them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rjd2 wrote: »

Ya they would. Unless some kind of deal could be struck to split profits from the increased tier subscription that Raw / Smackdown additions would bring.

It's amazing to me to see a 30yr old relationship between Sky & WWE go also. I know this is talked about in the WWE To BT thread, but I've seen it said that the reason Sky dropped them was due to dropping ratings.

I first got Sky at 16, exclusively so I could watch WWE. Paid crazy money down through the years for the Sky Sports package, and on Sky Box Office for events. I'd say a large reason for Sky dropping them also is the Network, and the reduced amount of box office orders for PPVS

The numbers were scarily low for live Raws in recent years. They did 100,000 live for the 25th which was a great number. Since then it has gotten as low as under 10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

WWE - coming to you soon from a soundstage at Universal Studios! Filmed in front of a live studio audience

Wait until they start calling them extras like TNA did and instruct them on how to react, Roman and Corbin will finally get over as intended :pac:

Ratings are up again this week.

By 40k.

Ratings are up again this week.

Down 390K from same week last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live today that Stomping Grounds did about 9,800 PPV buys, which is a new record low for the WWE.

For reference, most WWE PPVs nowadays do between 15-20k buys. WrestleMania this year did about 100k PPV buys. About 10% of the WWE viewership is still buying PPVs through the traditional route.

Nothing to see here folks. Just a thriving company at the top of their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

leggo wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Surely leggos boards account got hacked. No way would he post anything less than 3,000 words in a single post lol.

:pac:

"which is a new record low for the WWE."

Make all the emoji faces you want, if that statement is accurate then it is noteworthy. Combine that with all the tarped off arenas as of late and the apparent 2 for 1 tickets and it's not a great picture.

• Advertisement

Hard camera side was completely tarped off again last night on SD.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D98phA_UcAEambc.jpg

Just sitting here waiting on someone to point out how this is different from the first 50+ times WWE had a downturn and everything worked out fine. We're 250+ posts deep and the point of how this is significant hasn't evolved beyond people saying "This is SOOOO significant because...mumblemumble" Literally:
    Make all the emoji faces you want, if that statement is accurate then it is noteworthy. Combine that with all the tarped off arenas as of late and the apparent 2 for 1 tickets and it's not a great picture.

"Noteworthy" "Not a great picture"

It's like you tip-toe right up to the line where you're going to make a point then scurry backwards out of fear of being proven wrong in the future. Stop speaking in clichés and say what you want to say like. At least lawlolawl had the bottle to say "WWE are dying." And yes, he will look ridiculous in the near future when trying to say how ratings for AEW that are lower than these are actually a "success", and he will pretend he never thought that (like the people who said the same when Impact had a run at them a decade back), but at least he stuck his neck out and wasn't wasting all this time hiding behind smart comments and gifs out of fear of making a point. You have to imagine my argument, that I'm saying WWE are "so hot right now" (which I'm not at all), to actually argue with me rather than actually just say something. So it's either all hot air and you don't actually have a point to make or you're afraid of making it, which is it?

Just sitting here waiting on someone to point out how this is different from the first 50+ times WWE had a downturn and everything worked out fine.

The phrase "all time low" is popping up an awful lot now. That's the difference.

It's like you tip-toe right up to the line where you're going to make a point then scurry backwards out of fear of being proven wrong in the future.

Fear from who? Also. fear!? Saying something is noteworthy means it's something of note. It's news. It's worth mentioning.
    At least lawlolawl had the bottle to say "WWE are dying." And yes, he will look ridiculous in the near future

Ridiculous to who? We're talking about men in underpants pretending to fight each other. The whole premise of this is ridiculous
    but at least he stuck his neck out and wasn't wasting all this time hiding behind smart comments and gifs out of fear of making a point.

I made plenty of fair and relevant points earlier on. I posted data and numbers in one offering in particular that you never responded to. The gifs and smart comments are a direct rebuttal to your long winded, preachy and sanctimonious blogs.
    You have to imagine my argument, that I'm saying WWE are "so hot right now" (which I'm not at all), to actually argue with me rather than actually just say something. So it's either all hot air and you don't actually have a point to make or you're afraid of making it, which is it?

What's with you and this supposed fear angle? It's so weird.

Anyway.....

giphy.gif

Honestly, do you have a different mode than speaking in colloquialisms while mastering the art of saying nothing at all?

Every Omackerel post ever: "Sure Jaysus, cringe morto weird."

You've literally said nothing there. You've used a lot of words but haven't advanced the conversation a single millimetre. The point of your post was: "I'm not afraid of anything, you're weird." What do you want anyone to do with that?!

Fear from who? Also. fear!?

Fear of Lex :eek:

tumblr_nyjsps3ycc1tqkk5wo4_500.gif

Serious cringe at people taking WWE ratings so much to heart. :o

Honestly, do you have a different mode than speaking in colloquialisms while mastering the art of saying nothing at all?

You've literally said nothing there. You've used a lot of words but haven't advanced the conversation a single millimetre. The point of your post was: "I'm not afraid of anything, you're weird." What do you want anyone to do with that?!

You missed this part of the post, probably willfully. ''I posted data and numbers in one offering in particular that you never responded to.''

Also, and this is a not tooting my own horn or anything but you saying every post I've ever made says nothing doesn't really make sense seen as people here have voted me as best poster on here twice. Must be saying some good stuff somewhere.

I make fair points and engage well with others on here all the time. You're just not happy that someone has the balls to call you out on your posting style IMO. It's been noted by other on here that you've turned into a bit of a holier-than-thou individual on here.

The point of your post was: "I'm not afraid of anything, you're weird." What do you want anyone to do with that?!

No, it wasn't. That particular point was ''why do you keep saying people are afraid to be made a fool of'' or ''are in fear of being ridiculous''. It wasn't too difficult to comprehend, I would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyway.....

giphy.gif

Mod note
    Lads, this thread has generated more heat than really any other for quite a while on here. For some reason, there's a strong desire from people to make this personal. I'm highlighting two recent posts as examples, but there's a string of these sorts of petty, personal responses through the thread.

I'm not going to close the thread because there is a perfectly legit discussion to be had regarding issues WWE are having right now.

What I am going to start doing is dishing out yellows and thread bans to people who seem to want to discuss posters rather than the story itself. This includes gifs as well, designed to wind up posters.

Attack the post, not the posters. If you can't remain civil within the confines of the discussion, then your participation is not required. If you've more interest in discussing personalities of other posters, find somewhere else to vent that. Both sides though are guilty of coming across as wanting to take pot shots at each other.

And if you've any issue with this, PM me or another mod. Its childish some of the posts in here, and is ruining what should be a reasonable discussion.

Advertisement