Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGBT and Islam

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well if you could separate Sharia Law from Islam and Koran, that would be great. Fear of Islam is a very real thing. Ask the people in Rotherham.

Have you? Care to post your findings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Have you? Care to post your findings?

Sure not my finding but the courts finding, lovely bunch of lads, pity about the lack of hobbies :

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-45980210

Sure not my finding but the courts finding, lovely bunch of lads, pity about the lack of hobbies :

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-45980210

Yes I'm aware of the case, you said "ask the people of Rotherham" as if it proved a point of yours.

Is that all you have to say? Did you ask the people of Rotherham? Any links to your surveys on what the people of Rotheram have to say about Islam?

Yes I'm aware of the case, you said "ask the people of Rotherham" as if it proved a point of yours.

Is that all you have to say? Did you ask the people of Rotherham? Any links to your surveys on what the people of Rotheram have to say about Islam?

Are trying to down play rape gangs? "it was just one or two lads". It speaks volumes. I could post more if you want me to. I actually was in contact with a few people in Rotherham and they said it was a fine town before the muslims arrived and things changed when they targeted the poorer girls in the town and the ones with disabilities. Its as bad as saying the Magdalene laundries never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

stream_img.jpg

• Advertisement

Are trying to down play rape gangs? "it was just one or two lads". It speaks volumes. I could post more if you want me to. I actually was in contact with a few people in Rotherham and they said it was a fine town before the muslims arrived and things changed when they targeted the poorer girls in the town and the ones with disabilities. Its as bad as saying the Magdalene laundries never happened.

Ah yes,

1st we have the idiotic throw away remark of "ask the people of Rotheram"

2nd we now have the "i know people blah blah blah" as if 2nd 3rd or even 4th hand information is supposed to be believable. Amazing how you have never mentioned these people before, did it slip your mind? :rolleyes:

Next is step 3

Can you guess what it is yet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

More super reasonable behaviour.

How on earth can Lefties have any tolerance for these nutcases?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-48676213

stream_img.jpg

What does that have to do with Islam? :confused:

Ah yes,

1st we have the idiotic throw away remark of "ask the people of Rotheram"

Next is step 3

Can you guess what it is yet? ;)

Maybe we should start with these 1400 young ladies. Some of them were vulnerable with learning disabilities. What do you think was their opinion? Josepf Fritzl at his worst couldnt be compared with these lads.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerscruton/2014/08/30/why-did-british-police-ignore-pakistani-gangs-raping-rotherham-children-political-correctness/

AS for Number 3? You got me tell me!

Maybe we should start with these 1400 young ladies. Some of them were vulnerable with learning disabilities. What do you think was their opinion? Josepf Fritzl at his worst couldnt be compared with these lads.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerscruton/2014/08/30/why-did-british-police-ignore-pakistani-gangs-raping-rotherham-children-political-correctness/

AS for Number 3? You got me tell me!

Oh no, no clues, it's obvious to all that you will get there (eventually) all on your own ;)

• Advertisement

Oh no, no clues, it's obvious to all that you will get there (eventually) all on your own ;)

You can give me a clue for ole times sake. Right after you comment on them 1400 girls.

You can give me a clue for ole times sake. Right after you comment on them 1400 girls.

Some horrible people did horrible things, they were caught and convicted (no thanks to that gobhìte SYL) what does that have to do with islam?

Some horrible people did horrible things, they were caught and convicted (no thanks to that gobhìte SYL) what does that have to do with islam?

I just find it hard to believe that 6-8 muslim men racked up 1400 girls. So you see why they seem to be Pakistani men and they all seem to be exclusively native briton girls. Some people might say they were racially profiling? You do notice how they didnt target the Bank managers daughter or the MPs daughters.

I was just wondering do you think the gangs were muslim? possibly Islamic?

I just find it hard to believe that 6-8 muslim men racked up 1400 girls. So you see why they seem to be Pakistani men and they all seem to be exclusively native briton girls. Some people might say they were racially profiling? You do notice how they didnt target the Bank managers daughter or the MPs daughters.

I was just wondering do you think the gangs were muslim? possibly Islamic?

I believe the majority of them were muslim yes, what's your point? Are you attempting to paint all Muslims as rapists because i have some sad news for you about Roman Catholics priests over the last few years that may end up with you being labelled as you seem to be attempting to label Muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Are you deliberately ignoring my previous post and question (again)?

I'll quote them for you, make life easier.

Sex of your child edited, and suggestion of religious implication edited so as not to offend. The rest of the post still stands and I'm interested in your response.

Again, I'm curious to know your thoughts.
    You ignored it again...

Well Timberrrrrrrr you're clearly not going to acknowledge my post or question, so I won't bother continuing the discussion with you. It would have been nice if you would at least have given me a "no comment" rather than leaving me hanging on.

I started this thread with a genuine question. One of the early replies is the one that I think hits the nail on the head. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Timberrrrrrrr (and others) are so blinded by your (understandable in fairness) hatred of the Catholic Church that you would rather condemn it and blame it for what you seem to see as widespread homophobia in Ireland, than to recognise the potential threat of Islam.

The fact that you have tried to blame the attack on your gay child on Christianity, despite there being no indication beyond your own biased guesswork that Christianity had anything to do with it, only reinforces this.

I've read quotes of an 86% "identifying as Catholic" in the last census. Yet Mass attendance figures for catholics and the decline of Church attendance and increase in Church closures for Protestant denominations show that the only area of Christianity that is growing in Ireland is Evangelical and non-denominational Christian churches.

At a guess (and given that your determination about your child's attackers was pure guesswork, I'm sure you can endulge me) I'd say that while over 90% of the country would identify as a particular religion, I suspect that less than 20% are actual regular church attenders, less than 10% actively still consider homosexuality is a sin, and I genuinely don't believe that there are ANY Christian churches in this country who would actively encourage violence against gay people.

You can throw up examples of hate preachers in the US who call for the execution of gays. As despicable as they are, they are thankfully pretty rare and the numbers who follow them are too. For example the infamous Westboro Baptists have less than 40 left in the congregation.

The fact is that on a GLOBAL scale: hatred, discrimination, abuse and violence towards homosexuals is a small and constantly diminishing aspect of Christianity. however again on a global scale, the same attitudes towards homosexuals is a bigger (more so in the east) and ever growing issue.

Aside from the odd lunatic, the general Christian standpoint on homosexuality is "hate the sin, not the sinner". While I can see how that line gets under the skin of gay people because of the sin accusation, the fact remains is that Christianity may preach against homosexuality, but it preaches love for homosexuals.

I'm not aware of any such ethos in Islam. Hardcore Christians by and large will still "love the sinner". Hardcore Muslims, (not just the radical loons) still believe that death is an appropriate punishment.

Timberrrrrrrr my friend I'm beginning to think you're ignoring me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

What does that have to do with Islam? :confused:

Many people, particularly right wing folks, still don't understand Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

MrFresh wrote: »
    Many people, particularly right wing folks, still don't understand Brexit.

And?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

How many times has this shìte been posted in this thread? Same shìte from the same braindead people who always seem to be in any thread connected to a serious incident with thier "the religion of peace strikes again" fùckwittery.

Fùck off to a majority islamic country so and explain that to the LGBT people over thier. FFS in sone islamic countries you will be jailed for kissing your girlfriend in public or badmouthing thier religion, do what i do, don't go there.

China jails, tortures and kills members of falun gong, where's the outrage? Stu0id fùcking racists have this site decimated with the constant "oh de muslims gonna kill us all" or "ohhh de foreigners taking all our jobs/houses" shìte.

Calm down there Timba, you'll give yourself an aneurysm, some of us do actually want a little decorum to the debate, there's no need to froth at the mouth at those who do wish to critique Islam with a little maturity.
    Disclaimer: Before anyone goes smashing thier faces off the report button, this post is not aimed at any one poster, it is aimed at the posts that the usual racists spout.

What a spineless statement, "I'm going to call everyone I disagree with racist, but I won't name anyone individually so to avoid the consequences". You called me a racist previously, yet despite my repeated requests, and your subsequent fervent trawling of my post history to prove your accusation, you couldn't provide a single racist post made by myself. Reason being of course is, I'm not racist, but then it's an easy accusation to throw out from behind a saliva stained keyboard when you cannot intelligently debate the topic to hand.

China jails, tortures and kills members of falun gong, where's the outrage?

Does criticism of the ideologies of the Chinese Communist Party make you racist? Of course it bloody doesn't.

Does criticism of the ideologies of Islam make you a racist? Oh absolutely, a Nazi, fascist brow beating neanderthal too it seems.
    Fùck off to a majority islamic country so and explain that to the LGBT people over thier. FFS in sone islamic countries you will be jailed for kissing your girlfriend in public or badmouthing thier religion, do what i do, don't go there.

So you admit to having no personal experience of visiting Islamic countries, yet those such as myself who have actually worked in Islamic nations know less than you about how these nations treat LGTB members? Oookay then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Pkiernan wrote: »
    More super reasonable behaviour.

How on earth can Lefties have any tolerance for these nutcases?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-48676213

What a baffling contribution to this thread. What kind of a point did you think you were making here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

2nd we now have the "i know people blah blah blah" as if 2nd 3rd or even 4th hand information is supposed to be believable. Amazing how you have never mentioned these people before, did it slip your mind? :rolleyes:

I do find your debating style childishly amusing, you will post the above with zero self awareness to the fact that you based an entire argument in a similar thread around this exact same conceit; I give you your below post;

Oh you do know the answer you just won't admit it, i don't care if you trust my sources or not.

People i have known for many years who werw there told me that the brave SYL pointed to the asian lad and he and his goons walked past many other protesters to approach him.

I'll trust thier version of events that they seen with their own eyes over anyone elses. Also these people have no reason to lie about this, they were not protesting they were bystanders

This is a discussion forum, if you don't want to discuss the topic reasonably and with even a modicum of transparency, why do you insist on trying to shout down those of us that do, it never works, and based on the fractured style of your more recent posts it's doing yourself no favors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement