Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are they just filthy bastards in Ballymun and North Dublin City

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Were Ballymuns social issues not solved when The towers came down ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

McDermotX wrote: »
    It was so covered in litter, they couldn't find it when they went here.

Kip.

Haha lmao,. probably the best most vibrant town in Ireland with the nicest people you're ever likely to meet. The shopping is second to none, people travel from North, South,East and West to shop in Dundalk. FACT. It also has a low crime rate that is kept in check by concerned locals..... And I would guess(as it's not on the list)a good litter 'rating'. And with Dundalk bay,Cooley peninsula, Carlingford and all the surrounding countryside,.Shir it's probably the most scenic place in our beautiful Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Offer to double the dole for residents of Tidy Towns winners?

F off with this

***** on the Dole should be cut , not rewarded more.

They also shouldn't be getting bonuses at Christmas too for that matter, they should be made work for their Dole, like cleaning up for the council, working 7 hours a day , 5 days a week in a charity shop, working as cleaners in public places such as libraries, Garda stations, hospitals etc. But my **** should these ***** be getting money for nothing, so they can drive to the local McDonald's in a nearly new golf or Audi using our tax payer money.

This poll shows down the country in a bad way too, and it's all down to the same thing. Scumbags being brought up by scumbags.

And quite frankly this country is a kip. Scumbag kids and arsehole tracksuit wearing knackers going around cities terrorising whoever they like and let loose like wild animals to do what they want, from throwing rubbish around to stealing bikes, cars , robbing people , steal from shops and shout abuse at everyone in their way, drug dealing, junkies all over cities too, methadone clinics , all relate to this poll but also prove that this country is done.

80% of this country has nothing going for it, between rural towns getting shut down and parts of Dublin just free council housing to arseholes. The other decent people are left in there to struggle to pay rent / mortgages in these same areas or commute for hours a day. After that there's the filthy rich that get away with murder.

Ireland needs to be closed down, steam rolled over and started again from scratch, new taxation system, new welfare system and new everything. But it'll never happen.

I've traveled a lot recently in past few months and years and all my time away in other countries such as China, USA , France , Poland, Canada , Spain, Portugal, ive never seen such nonsense as what we put up with here and in UK

I've been in shanty towns in China that were cleaner than ballymun, I've been in many places in USA from main cities to small towns and what they would consider (no go areas) and they are nothing like finglas or clondalkin etc. From general cleaning and attitudes of people.

In my job I come across a lot of tourists visiting this country and I've had plenty tell me that they didn't like dublin, yeah it has a few sights but after that it's only pubs/temple bar. They say sometimes they don't feel safe depending on where they go, so I see them when they go to the countryside, which they say is nice, but again once you see a few sights it's only pubs. And the , from the little traveling I've done and still do, if anyone ever asked me should they visit Ireland I'd be telling them there's better places to go outside Ireland.....

And to add before anybody suggests it, very good chance I'm moving country soon with a few friends for a better way of life !

/Rant.

Tl;Dr: Ireland is a kip. I'm moving !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Ballymun was use as a stand in for Derry in the movie Bloody Sunday.

What does that tell you about the kip?

At the height of the Celtic Tiger boom the place was such a waste land it looked like war torn Derry in 1972.

It tells you that the south has better tax breaks for film makers than the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

F off with this

***** on the Dole should be cut , not rewarded more.

They also shouldn't be getting bonuses at Christmas too for that matter, they should be made work for their Dole, like cleaning up for the council, working 7 hours a day , 5 days a week in a charity shop, working as cleaners in public places such as libraries, Garda stations, hospitals etc. But my **** should these ***** be getting money for nothing, so they can drive to the local McDonald's in a nearly new golf or Audi using our tax payer money.

This poll shows down the country in a bad way too, and it's all down to the same thing. Scumbags being brought up by scumbags.

And quite frankly this country is a kip. Scumbag kids and arsehole tracksuit wearing knackers going around cities terrorising whoever they like and let loose like wild animals to do what they want, from throwing rubbish around to stealing bikes, cars , robbing people , steal from shops and shout abuse at everyone in their way, drug dealing, junkies all over cities too, methadone clinics , all relate to this poll but also prove that this country is done.

80% of this country has nothing going for it, between rural towns getting shut down and parts of Dublin just free council housing to arseholes. The other decent people are left in there to struggle to pay rent / mortgages in these same areas or commute for hours a day. After that there's the filthy rich that get away with murder.

Ireland needs to be closed down, steam rolled over and started again from scratch, new taxation system, new welfare system and new everything. But it'll never happen.

I've traveled a lot recently in past few months and years and all my time away in other countries such as China, USA , France , Poland, Canada , Spain, Portugal, ive never seen such nonsense as what we put up with here and in UK

I've been in shanty towns in China that were cleaner than ballymun, I've been in many places in USA from main cities to small towns and what they would consider (no go areas) and they are nothing like finglas or clondalkin etc. From general cleaning and attitudes of people.

In my job I come across a lot of tourists visiting this country and I've had plenty tell me that they didn't like dublin, yeah it has a few sights but after that it's only pubs/temple bar. They say sometimes they don't feel safe depending on where they go, so I see them when they go to the countryside, which they say is nice, but again once you see a few sights it's only pubs. And the , from the little traveling I've done and still do, if anyone ever asked me should they visit Ireland I'd be telling them there's better places to go outside Ireland.....

And to add before anybody suggests it, very good chance I'm moving country soon with a few friends for a better way of life !

/Rant.

Tl;Dr: Ireland is a kip. I'm moving !

Ha! China. Litter free but PM 2.5 levels of over 700 in some cities. Nearly all waterways heavily polluted. I could show you photos of China that make Ireland look like a paradise. Get a grip now please.

• Advertisement

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Ha! China. Litter free but PM 2.5 levels of over 700 in some cities. Nearly all waterways heavily polluted. I could show you photos of China that make Ireland look like a paradise. Get a grip now please.

That's pollution through manufacturing and other reasons. And incorrect disposal of waste but in we're talking in regards of the people in public. It does have issues but the attitude from people are still better than our parasites

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭FaxingBerlin

Easy to tell that most people in this thread have never stepped foot in Ballymun.

That's pollution through manufacturing and other reasons. And incorrect disposal of waste but in we're talking in regards of the people in public. It does have issues but the attitude from people are still better than our parasites

Ah OK, pollution through manufacturing. No bother. Their citizens manufacture right? Hence they're responsible. No one else.

Christ. I think you've never been to China. I've see people going to the toilet on the subways. I'm sorry but China also has serious issues with citizen behavior.

You do also realise China has armies of migrant workers willing to street clean for pittance. We don't have the manpower or the will to make people avoiding working do that here.

Use Japan as a comparison next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

klaaaz wrote: »
    All this anti-Ballymun hate. Earlier this morning I walked through Ballymun and to the upper class snobs it was fine! There was no litter about, perhaps the surveyors surveyed Glasnevin or Santry instead and classed it as Ballymun?

And how did you avoid being stabbed?
    Easy to tell that most people in this thread have never stepped foot in Ballymun.

Its the fear that keeps them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

And how did you avoid being stabbed?

The Mun ain't Chicago :pac:

• Advertisement

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Ah OK, pollution through manufacturing. No bother. Their citizens manufacture right? Hence they're responsible. No one else.

Christ. I think you've never been to China. I've see people going to the toilet on the subways. I'm sorry but China also has serious issues with citizen behavior.

You do also realise China has armies of migrant workers willing to street clean for pittance. We don't have the manpower or the will to make people avoiding working do that here.

Use Japan as a comparison next time.

You'd swear you've never been there

I doubt clowns would risk pissing in the subway when there's strict security in the stations , with security / cops and airport body and bag scanners.

I'm not saying pollution from manufacturing is ok, but we're talking general attitudes of people here, i.e scumbags on the streets treating it like crap

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The people doing the survey pretended they saw litter , did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The people doing the survey pretended they saw litter , did they?

Tidy Towns has become Ireland's answer to FIFA. Its all backhanders and corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

yeah youre right i leave hotel rooms neat too but a festival setting where everyone is off their tits for the weekend, the organisers know what the score is and should include clean up in the price of the ticket which i am pretty sure they do anyway.

I was at Electric Picnic last year and along with my beer do you know what I brought? Rubbish bags. A roll of them doesn't weigh any more than a bottle of beer. And, where possible, we took our empties to the recycling.

And I find if you are cleaning up around yourself as you go at even a festival, the folk around you will do the same (in the main).

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I work in Dublin 1 and unfortunately can confirm that this post is 100% accurate. There is a belief that it is the council's job to keep the place clean and that the local residents have no role. The council unfortunately capitulate and collect all the crap. There is no pride in their area and no gratitude for the cheap subsidised housing and services provided.
    I was on a clean up in Dublin 7 and one of the lads told me that he'd had an old fella come up to him and give out to him for picking up litter - said he was taking someone's job by doing so.

Mindset needs to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I've cycled through Summerhill long enough to see what goes on. They just put their bags of rubbish out on the street and expect others to clean it up. I think they're supposed to buy bin tags in those parts but obviously they don't bother. It's nothing to do with them not being able to afford it, they just don't care about living in their own sh*t. For the price of a pint or whatever they just ordered from just-eat they could easily pay for bin tags.
    I saw a woman bring what looked like her grandkid to a public street bin around there a while ago and shove a huge bag of rubbish into it, only half of it went out and the rest was hanging out spewing rubbish onto the street. Great example to set love.
    These people have zero pride in their communities, they're not even smart enough to realise they're rubbishing the area, it just does not compute with them. I shouted at some wan who f*cked a plastic bottle on the road in North Strand recently to pick it up and she looked so shocked that I dared say anything.
    The funny thing is it's these same gobsh*tes who put up Irish flags and hunger striker posters ffs. Irish pride my bollocks.

Just a follow up on this. Hadn't cycled through Summerhill for a while until yesterday but it's way worse than it used to be. The pictures below are an example of how it was everywhere I looked. Messes like this while pyjama clad people looked on not giving a f*ck. Animals.

rubbish.jpg

rubbish2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Just a follow up on this. Hadn't cycled through Summerhill for a while until yesterday but it's way worse than it used to be. The pictures below are an example of how it was everywhere I looked. Messes like this while pyjama clad people looked on not giving a f*ck. Animals.

rubbish.jpg

rubbish2.jpg

Animals actually clean their environment not these filthy b*stards!

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Animals actually clean their environment not these filthy b*stards!

If I was in charge of the council, I'd leave it. Let the place stink up and let them live in their own ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

If I was in charge of the council, I'd leave it. Let the place stink up and let them live in their own ****e.

They wouldn't care. Meanwhile it blows all around the city and into rivers and the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

I live between Ballymun and north inner city. Here’s the problem as I see it:
    Litter bins are regularly full, not enough of them, not emptied oftenenough. Fast food outlets do not have dedicated bins outside their premises.
    In inner city domestic AND commercial waste is left out in bags. Seagulls and magpies pick at these and waste is strewn all over the place.
    There is also a certain amount of littering and illegal dumping but the first two problems could be sorted and reduce the overall amount of waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Yep, why pay for bins? that's supposed to be free from the guvvermint, there's no facilities!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

We need classes like this for Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Seesee wrote: »
    I live between Ballymun and north inner city. Here’s the problem as I see it:
    Litter bins are regularly full, not enough of them, not emptied oftenenough. Fast food outlets do not have dedicated bins outside their premises.
    In inner city domestic AND commercial waste is left out in bags. Seagulls and magpies pick at these and waste is strewn all over the place.
    There is also a certain amount of littering and illegal dumping but the first two problems could be sorted and reduce the overall amount of waste.

Why are other parts of the country able to comprehend what to do with litter? It's not like the cleanest cities and towns in the country don't have domestic and commercial waste. In some areas certain behavior is tolerated and excused and in other areas it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

meeeeh wrote: »
    Why are other parts of the country able to comprehend what to do with litter? It's not like the cleanest cities and towns in the country don't have domestic and commercial waste. In some areas certain behavior is tolerated and excused and in other areas it's not.
    But then again, in the communities where we behave like good citizens and discard litter correctly, the overwhelming majority of us are working/conscientious.
    In places where you have litter issues, you will find that the overwhelming majority are "entitled" i.e. they get everything for free and do not work or contribute to society. Their littering is just another two-fingers to the people who pay for their work-free lifestyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

meeeeh wrote: »

Social cohesion is badly damaged in many parts of dublin, irreparable in some places even.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Kilkenny which came top can't afford to be untidy, the two biggest employment sectors are agriculture and tourism, one can link retail/service type jobs to these. I am biased but Kilkenny is very pleasing to the eye as an urban setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Get people on social welfare to put in a few hours of community work for their free money, including litter collection.

Problem solved.

It's caused by the non-working classes, make them clean up their mess.

Wow...

I often wonder what it would take to combat such ignorance. I don't think I have it in me to do a good job, but what has being unemployed got to do with littering? Scumbags are scumbags, but not everybody out of work is a scumbag. Less of the unintelligent generalizations please.

El_Bee wrote: »
    Social cohesion is badly damaged in many parts of dublin, irreparable in some places even.

Excuses excuses. Plenty of social cohesion in the pubs in these places, zero in the community. It just doesn't suit these people to look after their own communities.End of. Most people wouldn't walk over garbage everyday to get into their houses, these people obviously don't care because if they did they would do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

El_Bee wrote: »

I didn't know badly damaged social cohesion somehow makes you unable to take care of your own crap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement