Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Left some shoes in to be fixed.
    When do you need them he says to me.
    I answer ' no panic. Whenever they are ready is fine'.
    'Say tomorrow at this time?'he says.
    Grand

Tomorrow at this time - sorry they are not ready yet.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Kettles in hotel bedrooms which smell of urine.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Rooms in hotels that are miles away from the smoking area.
      Airports that don't have a smoking area in the departure lounge.
      Public buildings that don't allow you to smoke even when you're outside in the grounds.
      Sports stadiums like the Aviva, the Etihad, Pairc Uí Chaoimh and Dagenham & Redbridge stadium (!) that don't allow you to smoke anywhere within the stadium even though there's plenty of open air spaces that would suit.
      Non-smokers who whinge about "smoke breaks" even though these are the same people that spend hours on personal calls or gossiping in the corridors.

Don't get me wrong here, I have always been 100% in favour of the smoking ban in the workplace and public buildings, but some of the restrictions are ridiculous.

I absolutely do not agree with fellow smokers congregating around the entrances of hospitals (or any other public place) but in all fairness, open air smoking in a secluded space isn't going to affect anyone apart from the smokers themselves.

I'm so TA'd now, that I'm going to go for a long, hard smoke (outside of course). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have two voicemails but can’t listen to them until I set up my greeting, which I don’t want to do. Clearly there was a default one already there, hence the voicemail being left in the first place. So why not just let me listen and then create one after if I want to? Grumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Boiled piss - could be trying to make a new brand of tea....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

RMAOK wrote: »
    Boiled piss - could be trying to make a new brand of tea....

or they were trying to improve the taste of Barrys tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭4Ad

4Ad wrote: »
    Noisy fridges in hotel rooms..til be plugged out soon..gonna put a towel in it to soak up the moisture..

Noisy stuff generally in hotel rooms and lights shining that you can't turn off.
    What do people be thinking when designing hotels rooms?

Constant noisy fan, check.
    Red light on ceiling, check.
    Bright blue light on TV in standby, check.
    Loud fridge, check.
    No socket anywhere near bed, check.
    Bizzare, confusing light switches, check.

Are you me ??
    Plugged out tv as it had a red light you'd see from space..
    Having said that it was so beaufifully quiet, no outside noise, no noise from other guests, no cows bellowing, dogs barking, wind howling.
    I guess after a couple of nights in a hostel anything would be heaven..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Noisy stuff generally in hotel rooms and lights shining that you can't turn off.
    What do people be thinking when designing hotels rooms?

Constant noisy fan, check.
    Red light on ceiling, check.
    Bright blue light on TV in standby, check.
    Loud fridge, check.
    No socket anywhere near bed, check.
    Bizzare, confusing light switches, check.

I know when I worked in hotels if you took the card key out of the light socket you'd deactivate the TV/Airconditioning.
    Nothing to be done about the fridge tough or the red safety light.
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Duvet tucked in a feet end so tight that it would cut off circulation .

Yes funnily enough if you dont have the as tight as possible the corporate clients like to complain.

Oh, and 14 pillows and cushions that have to be stacked in the corner in the hope that the covers don't get laundered anyway.

And the towels that they change despite you carefully hanging them on the rail.

Or when they clean your room and change your towels even though you asked them not to.

Towels often get used to wash the floor/shower/surfaces in the room.
    Basically you've nothing else to wipe the floor with unless you use a fresh towel and you'd probably get in trouble for doing it.

Never use a glass/kettle/mug in a room. The same manky towels are used to clean everything.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have two voicemails but can’t listen to them until I set up my greeting, which I don’t want to do. Clearly there was a default one already there, hence the voicemail being left in the first place. So why not just let me listen and then create one after if I want to? Grumble.
    Let me guess... Vodafone? I'm fuming with them. Four times in the space of three years did I have to set up my greeting from scratch, four times did the assure me it was just a glitch, that setting it up again would resolve the issue once and for all. Guess what? It's not working, for the fifth time. :mad:
    or they were trying to improve the taste of Barrys tea.

I read somewhere on Boards that kettles have been removed from many hotels after it was discovered that people were using them to wash their underwear. Gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

New Home wrote: »

I read somewhere on Boards that kettles have been removed from many hotels after it was discovered that people were using them to wash their underwear. Gross.

This has put me right off having a coffee in my hotel room in future. I'm just going to nick all the sachets instead. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Aglomerado wrote: »
    This has put me right off having a coffee in my hotel room in future. I'm just going to nick all the sachets instead. :(
    I got a travel kettle with works with all currents and bring it pretty much everywhere with me.

Left an overheated meeting on the pretence of doing some follow up work, colleague asks if I was having a hot flush, given I was sitting in a window and marooned faced a fair but wrong assumption.

She followed this up with lucky you, getting out of meeting and not needing contraception any more.

What the absolute f8ck !

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I know someone who while sharing a hotel room, after a load of drink, was caught short while companion was in the bathroom, so he pissed in the kettle.

Strangest part of the story is a that he admitted it! No one would ever know if I did that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When I took my now job, I insisted that have a work from home clause as I have health issues that are exacerbated greatly by dry air/ many many airborne allergies and an all round dislike of working with ppl and noise.

So this afternoon and tonight I'll be based at home, brill, except that next door is painting and the crew are frantically gardening for the competition this week.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I know someone who while sharing a hotel room, after a load of drink, was caught short while companion was in the bathroom, so he pissed in the kettle.

Strangest part of the story is a that he admitted it! No one would ever know if I did that!

Never drinking out of a hotel room kettle again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

People who constantly blow their nose then put the paper back in their pocket. Annoys the sh*t out of me. I always go to the bathroom to do it then discard the paper and wash hands. Am i the weird one or just sensible and hygienic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Admitting it is okay if it was only a number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Never drinking out of a hotel room kettle again :eek:

Don't drink out of anything in a hotel room.
    I've seen the same towel dust down surfaces, clean the shower, bath, tiles, toilet and then clean the cups/glasses!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

I’m annoyed by all broadband providers in this country, all just a big cosy cartel with pretty much the same prices from all of them, the same boring limited time offers no matter where you switch. Extremely expensive service for something what they claim for example it’s a 100mbit/s it’s only really 5-10 if you are unlucky. I’m really sick of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

So, if someone p!sses in the kettle, but the kettle is then emptied and filled again, then boiled, is the water clean enough to drink?

I'm not condoning kettle-pissing here, just wondering, as I've obviously used hotel kettles many times (though I will probably not be doing so in future).

It's quite a TA that I even have to ask this question. Who in God's name p!sses in a kettle? :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Who in God's name p!sses in a kettle? :mad::mad::mad:

I would have asked the same and doubted that it happens until the kettle pisser himself admitted it to me.

• Advertisement

So, if someone p!sses in the kettle, but the kettle is then emptied and filled again, then boiled, is the water clean enough to drink?

I'm not condoning kettle-pissing here, just wondering, as I've obviously used hotel kettles many times (though I will probably not be doing so in future).

It's quite a TA that I even have to ask this question. Who in God's name p!sses in a kettle? :mad::mad::mad:

I always boil the kettle, then throw out, then clean the cups again and boil back again.
    I also never ever leave my toothbrush on the sink or in the cup, i put it in my toiletry bag. God knows what people would be doing with it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    People who constantly blow their nose then put the paper back in their pocket. Annoys the sh*t out of me. I always go to the bathroom to do it then discard the paper and wash hands. Am i the weird one or just sensible and hygienic ?
    Did people die of handkerchieferitis in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A visitor used our only toilet in work earlier. Paid no heed until about an hour after he left, only to discover he left a floater resting in the bowl. Eugh.

If it was a young lad I would write it off as immaturity, but he was a senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

A visitor used our only toilet in work earlier. Paid no heed until about an hour after he left, only to discover he left a floater resting in the bowl. Eugh.

If it was a young lad I would write it off as immaturity, but he was a senior.

I've posted about it in here before, but I work in a large office and it never ceases to amaze me how grown adults leave the jacks behind them. To the point where signs had to be put up in each cubicle to instruct people to flush after every use. I'm on the verge of putting up a sign telling people not to p!ss all over the toilet seat

My TA for today is having a low phone battery, plugging it in, and coming back an house later to see that I hadn't connected it properly, so still have the low battery

Did people die of handkerchieferitis in the past?

No but they are spreading all their germs on everything they touch. I was stuck beside someone on a 12 hour flight before who just kept constantly blowing their nose. It was so irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

finding a lone sock after putting a wash on.

I now have one sock in what was supposed to be an empty washing basket :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Going in with a book and remembering you meant to get Toilet Rolls....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My friend, who is degree educated and who I assumed was of reasonable intelligence, just asked the group chat what the Holocaust was. Her colleagues at work were talking about it and she didn't know what it was, she had never heard of it.
    I wish I was joking. I despair.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

finding a lone sock after putting a wash on.

I now have one sock in what was supposed to be an empty washing basket :mad:

I have the same problem everytime I do a wash :mad:

DkLKwJpVAAEGW2n.jpg

:pac:
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    My friend, who is degree educated and who I assumed was of reasonable intelligence, just asked the group chat what the Holocaust was. Her colleagues at work were talking about it and she didn't know what it was, she had never heard of it.
    I wish I was joking. I despair.

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    No but they are spreading all their germs on everything they touch. I was stuck beside someone on a 12 hour flight before who just kept constantly blowing their nose. It was so irritating.

Do you think every person who blows their nose has immediate access to hot water and soap ? Its not possible to be spotless and immaculate all the time
    If we have healthy , challenged immune systems we should be able to handle someone not running to sterilise their hands every time they use a hanky

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement