Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I already said it on the old thread but the internet is starting to do my head in, high speed broadband but you go onto a website and all you get is accept cookies, ads and on youtube more ads.

And them stupid capthca things.

Slows everything down grrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

When people pronounce Gibraltar as Gibraltah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Every time I set foot in my garden, be it to have a cup of coffee, read a book or have a glass of wine...the chain smoking fcuker from next door steps out and lights up his manky smokes! I think he lays in wait, and his cigarettes seem to be stinkier than normal.

And yes, I am an ex smoker��

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody insists on helping you to do a simple task such as carry something. Especially when they get in the way and make things harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

This humidity has my head almost exploding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

My friend pronounces ‘ridiculous’ as ‘ri - dick- lis’ and it really irritates me. It’s ridiculous, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Queues in shops, seems to be more people and not enough staff. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Poured out a bowl of cereal only to find out that bf used up 99.9% of the milk :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

When somebody insists on helping you to do a simple task such as carry something. Especially when they get in the way and make things harder.

Kids, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

Automatic kettles that don't fill themselves up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

People who say 'veh - hickle' in two distinct syllables, instead of 'vee-ickle' with first syllable flowing into the second. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

railer201 wrote: »
    People who say 'veh - hickle' in two distinct syllables, instead of 'vee-ickle' with first syllable flowing into the second. :(

Like a Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People with bad breath standing too close to you while talking

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Shemale wrote: »
    Kids, eh?

No, adults in my experience are the worst. You should met my father.
    He always insists on helping and he just gets in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Checking the weather forecast for the day and making a plan for the day based on it. Then executing said plan only for the weather to turn out differently. Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Your brothers/sisters are your siblings. Your Mam and Dad are your parents. Your Nan and Grandad are your grandparents. Why isn't there a collective word for nieces /nephews and aunts/uncles?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Niblings. But the word was the topic of many a TAs for some people in previous incarnations of this thread.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nibling#Etymology

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

New Home wrote: »
    Niblings. But the word was the topic of many a TAs for some people in previous incarnations of this thread.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nibling#Etymology

Niblings! Sounds like you're going to eat them :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's because when they're babies you tell them "You're so cute I could eat you up!", and then you blow a raspberry on their tummies. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

No, adults in my experience are the worst. You should met my father.
    He always insists nn help and he just gets in the way.

Both my dad and some of my 'brothers' are tall(6-6.7ft) each and everyone of them are dangerous to be around, they cant seem to get a handle on the space to humanity ratio common to the rest of us squirts.

I spent so much of my childhood black and blue from them not knowing I was behind/beside of them, and stood on/elbowed/head butted(dont ask)

Ta, ppl never think this might be part of the reason I dont like ppl I dont know well in my person space.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Checking in on Facebook at a concert or off on a holiday and someone says:

Enjoy!

Of course I’m going to f**king enjoy it!!!

Enjoy!

My best friend is at David Grey tonight and I said exactly that when she posted a photo, I always do, never imagined it would ta someone tbh.

Enjoy!

I think this may be the most trivial of all the TAs I've ever seen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

How someone can say and act like they love you, and yet turn around and treat you like shít behind your back. A bit more than a TA, but yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

DareGod wrote: »
    I think this may be the most trivial of all the TAs I've ever seen :D

Of the ones that say 'safe flight'

I'm not the pilot, I am just sitting there for the next 7 hours!!

:mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

People who say their loud goodbyes outside a neighbours house at 2am go to their car, slam the door and......then insist on giving a few beeps as they drive away.... **** :mad:

A truly dreadful cup of tea, especially when you really need one. Costa, I'm looking at you.

New Home wrote: »
    A truly dreadful cup of tea, especially when you really need one. Costa, I'm looking at you.

Costa is the worst.

As I've just found out... :p Lesson learnt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When a coin falls to the floor and manages to roll to the furthest corner of the room - usually ending up under or behind a piece of furniture!:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement