Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Raging at my bf cos he took a pic of me with the girls and I’m like you never told me I got fat you big dirty bastard

Hahahaha. Yeah right, that's exactly what every girl wants to hear from her bf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So I’ve decided that I’d like to lose a little weight but I’ve also decided that I’d like to eat all the things so yeah.

Also Deli staff who don’t seem to know what a small bit of ketchup means. Shark attack sandwich here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

So Ive decided that Id like to lose a little weight but Ive also decided that Idlike to eat all the things so yeah.

Also Deli staff who dont seem to know what a small bit of ketchup means. Shark attack sandwich here

Oh they just squirt it everywhere- got forbid they would use a knife to even it out, no blobs of sauce on your sandwich

When people come into the off licence looking for the galleo wine. It's gallo you ****wits!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Belly doing summersaults.
    Sinus blocked.
    Plumber coming sometime between 9 this morning and 9 tonight.
    Coffee pot is empty.
    Rear view mirror fell off in the car.
    House needs a scrub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Why would you tell someone that they look like one of their parents? So you're saying I look like 30+ years older than I am? :mad:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sinus blocked.
    Coffee pot is empty.
    House needs a scrub.

............or tomorrow......or next week......or next month......or never :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sinus blocked.
    Coffee pot is empty.
    House needs a scrub.

Blimey, i've never seen a video that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When the front seat passenger in the car you are driving insists on leaning forward at every junction blocking your view to tell you if the coast is clear.

Sit back you prat, I'm the driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When the front seat passenger in the car you are driving insists on leaning forward at every junction blocking your view to tell you if the coast is clear.

Sit back you prat, I'm the driver!

That's not as bad as when the front seat passenger is leaning forward, is blocking the driver's view and DOESN'T say whether the coast is clear or not!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The combination of magical thinking and judgemental streak.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Being connected to a call centre for a utility/insurance company and being told that "Your call will be answered in X minutes" and after holding for X + God knows how many more minutes, you're cut off.

Another is "Please stay on the line - your call is important to us":(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm the youngest of 5 in my family.. When people hear this, the automatic response is "you must have been so spoilt!"

Thing is, no one likes spoilt people, me included.

So, what you are saying is that I come across as a selfish, self entitled arsehole who can't or wont do anything for themselves?

Thank you for that compliment. are you as blunt with everyone you meet or just with youngest family members?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’ve fallen absolutely in love with a car in the UK that I really want. Can almost afford it, but am just a bit short when you take everything into account. Anyway, I sent it to my dad, who I’ve never asked for anything in my life, and he said he’d try and help if he could, and to let him know of the final figures when I had them worked out. So I did that, and heard nothing. So I suppose that’s an answer in itself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I asked the person paid to know these things if x location was within walking distance or we would need to drive to y?, the ta is responses like, its close/far enough.

As the girls would say, 'what does that even mean'?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Most first world TA ever: came on my holliers to Cancun yesterday and have woken up at 6am local time despite being awake for 24 hours yesterday.

Can't even get up and start unpacking or anything as my sister is still comatose in the other bed.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Most first world TA ever: came on my holliers to Cancun yesterday and have woken up at 6am local time despite being awake for 24 hours yesterday.

Can't even get up and start unpacking or anything as my sister is still comatose in the other bed.

Oh poor Dial Hard, my heart bleeds for you :rolleyes:

Oh poor Dial Hard, my heart bleeds for you

The birds are really noisy too :pac

The birds are really noisy too :pac

Could life possibly get any worse for you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Go to Isla Mujeres - little island about 20 minutes from Cancun Town.

Twenty odd years ago it was really gorgeous and low key compared to Cancun Resort - real paradise island stuff. Might be worth a day trip, at least.

• Advertisement

Texting my boyfriend:
    Me on Wednesday: Will we go to such a place on Sat night.
    Him: No response.
    Me yesterday: Will we go to such a place Sat night.
    Me today: I won't do a big shop if we are going to such a place tomorrow night.

Ok I'll ring him. Ding ding. Ding ding. Ding ding.
    NO. RESPONSE!!!!!!

My anger is boundless and and all consuming. It stretches out further than the deepest darkest recesses of the earth.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sinus blocked.

A plumber won't be able to help with either of those things. :pac:

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Being connected to a call centre for a utility/insurance company and being told that "Your call will be answered in X minutes" and after holding for X + God knows how many more minutes, you're cut off.

Another is "Please stay on the line - your call is important to us":(:mad:

MURDER!!!

Could life possibly get any worse for you? :D

I know, the poor thing... and she hasn't even got sunburnt yet!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

With the heat there's a lot of women around in short shorts. While this is generally nice to look at, I cant help but be a bit jealous - if I wore short shorts around the place parents would be shielding their kid's eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Texting my boyfriend:
    Me on Wednesday: Will we go to such a place on Sat night.
    Me yesterday: Will we go to such a place Sat night.
    Me today: I won't do a big shop if we are going to such a place tomorrow night.

Ok I'll ring him. Ding ding. Ding ding. Ding ding.
    NO. RESPONSE!!!!!!

My anger is boundless and and all consuming. It stretches out further than the deepest darkest recesses of the earth.

Can other people see him too, Perse?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The dog always lies in the most awkward of places, doorways etc. Sometimes she stands up as I am stepping over her and being large she trips me over. She also leaves her ball in sneaky places so that I stand on it and go flying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,210 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who don't say what they want and give out.
    Examples.
    A guy goes to a barber and he doesn't tell the barber what he wants. They then complain there hair is to short and they whole process happens again next time they get a cut because they didn't say what they wanted.
    Somebody goes to a deli/carvery counter they let the person scoop in loads of mash and instead of telling them to stop they say nothing and complain and next time they go there they could say ''Just two scoops is enough but they don't''.

Can other people see him too, Perse?

Shìt. Is it that obvious that I made him up?

Go to Isla Mujeres - little island about 20 minutes from Cancun Town.

Yep, plan to hit there and Cozumel. We're a bit outside Cancun town so not in the middle of the real touristy area. Moon Palace for anyone who might be planning a trip, can't recommend it enough. We did Florida for a week then here for a week last year and it loved it here so much we came back for the two weeks this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People who don't say what they want and give out.
    Examples.
    A guy goes to a barber and he doesn't tell the barber what he wants. They then complain there hair is to short and they whole process happens again next time they get a cut because they didn't say what they wanted.
    Somebody goes to a deli/carvery counter they let the person scoop in loads of mash and instead of telling them to stop they say nothing and complain and next time they go there they could say ''Just two scoops is enough but they don't''.

Worked in a restaurant and it used to infuriate me when someone clearly wasn't happy with their meal, and would just mutter and grumble instead of allowing us to fix whatever the problem was or grab them something else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The dog always lies in the most awkward of places, doorways etc. Sometimes she stands up as I am stepping over her and being large she trips me over. She also leaves her ball in sneaky places so that I stand on it and go flying :(
    Looking at your username, I ain't blaming the dog for your rubber legs incidents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement