Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Morning all. I should be around a bit today. I don't know where to start to be honest.

We haven't yet caught a single wolf so I'm going to start reading from the beginning while knowing who some of the village are. What's the best thing to look at? ISOs? Interactions?

I'm worried that the live voting is allowing early bandwagons to form and wolves can take advantage of that, so i'm going to try and read the thread before I vote.

Just so I don't get accused (*cough* barney *cough*) of pushing off voting til later so that i can join a wagon, I'll say that i'm currently suspicious of kitten given the way we all pushed onto then off her last night. I'll put a placeholder there for now, but may change later when I've done some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lucky last night wasn’t a lynch, was in bed by 9, absolutely exhausted.

Dandy will prob be my vote. Could of been an accident by a wolf but a villager using the word “pocket” in the middle of a CFD (or at least what looked like a frantic period that ended up killing a villager) just looks so bad.

And then they come back on thread and don’t even discuss it on any capacity, with multiple posts. My post just before his set out exactly why he was being accused so he didn’t have to look too far to see a summarized explanation. He knew he was being accused as he said it.

I can be lazy or too tired to scroll through the thread but I literally spelt everything out in my post just before dandy came back on air!!!! Feels like buying time. He could be exhausted and needs time to compose or get a story together. I’ve been lynched for less!

Clarabel, this sort of post irks me:
    Clarabel wrote: »
    Wolves are staying quiet cause it's on their interest and village have given up cause they don't know .

Village people, I can't be with you, I will promise to try sneak a view but I know you can do this. Prod, poke. Ask questions. It's not over. We have a chance we have a really good chance. It's nearly 50/50. We can do this. Go back and look at people we've not looked at. It's quiet because we haven't got the right leads.

Cause a stir!

If Dandy turns up a wolf , kitten and you will be very much coming into focus. Kitten for explaining dandy’s pocket comments and you for being involved and above. Wolves can afford to lose one so if Dandy has sealed his own fate then wolves will prob start distancing themselves.

When people call for the village to dig deep or stuff like this it always looks a bit off. Rather then ask others to do it why not post some conclusions or even some theories and back then up with reference posts!

I actually thought for awhile that maybe that Barney was throwing me and choc with Dandy in his List of three yesterday. Throw Dandy (wolf) into the middle with me and choc (post 1580). Since the wolves prob only need two mods mid Lynch’s and village needs near perfect going forward they can afford to be bolder.

BH having me as number 2 above is perplexing. I’ve set out exactly why I think dandy is bad and I see others felt something was up aswell. Again, if Dandy is lynched and turns up bad it doesn’t clear BH at all cause he could be a wolf leaving another wolf to suffer their fate.

So if dandy turns up bad might not I be a wolf? Well yeh but nobody else plucked that post out of the middle of the previous night. Wolves have been cruising it, Seems like a fairly silly thing to do to kill a wolf which thins their herd. Not impossible but less likely the wolves distancing themselves from a team mate who is getting a lot of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Lynch 1
    Sullivlo (VILLAGE): sKieth (VILLAGE) Whippy (Village) Uriel (Village) Fixxxer (Village) Bounty Hunter
    Tritium (VILLAGE): Clarabel
    Dublinandy2: Kitten_k
    Ecto (VILLAGE): Sullivlo (VILLAGE), Drumpot
    Choccy: Cheezy (Village)
    Clarabel: Barney92, Tritium (Village)
    Drumpot: Ecto (Village), Choccy, Dublinandy2
    Whippy: Strawberry

Lynch 2:
    Dublinandy2: Clarabel
    Bounty Hunter: Cheezy
    Kitten_k: Fixxxer (village)
    Uriel (village): Strawbs, Kitten_K
    Cheezy (village): Bounty, Ecto (village), Choccy, Whyppy (village), Barney92

Lynch posts side by side. I'm assuming I'm village in this equation because I am.

Lynch 1 we have a lot of village votes on Sullivo but all are villages bar one, Bounty Hunter. I think it is fair to say that we had a strong feeling it was going to be Sullivo on the run up. Would wolves have moved off the obvious wagon and spread themselves out?

Kitten_k on Dandy feeds my idea they are on the same team. Safe vote on a fellow wolf, in no danger of getting lynched.

BH on Sullivo as last vote doesn't feel great. I have a village lean on BH right now but maybe I've been looking at DubKandy too long and not looked for the other two.

Dandy on Drumpot was after flapping around for a little bit.

Other votes fairly spread out as even though sulli was likely to be the main culprite.

Lynch 2 again, but lynch run up we looked like we were going to get kitten but then she popped up and said dont do it so we all voted for cheezy as the quietest.

Two villagers on cheezy. BH on first this time which feels better.

Strawbs, you voted for Uriel nice and early, but then tried to get a little shade thrown at me by bringing up his vote for me after he flipped village. Gonna have to look at Strawbs post at some point. Aib't falling for that no wolf would work this hard line every again *Points to QB in heaven*

I need someone else to look at this and say what they think. I get the feeling that there's an anti wagonomics move made by the wolves. Possible all voting off the main lynch on day 1. The kitten poisoning the vote on day 2 with that sudden swicharoo. It's been made much worse by our JOAT and vig misfires (that's not giving out to the players that took the shot).

Will come back later. Other opinions encouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

fixxxer wrote: »
    Why was it better we didn't know? Surely more information is what we need at the moment? The wolves already know who they are.

Because it means the wolves also get to know and if she has followed a wolf they will then know it’s likely they won’t be followed again and therefore will get that player to keep placing the kill order to avoid the others being detected

Drumpot wrote: »

Seems like a fairly silly thing to do to kill a wolf which thins their herd. Not impossible but less likely the wolves distancing themselves from a team mate who is getting a lot of heat.

Drumpot, bear with me - I'm hungover and I'm trying to make sense of your last sentence. The first sentence, you're suggesting that if the wolves are bussing DAndy it's a silly thing to do, right?
    And the second sentence, you're saying that it's not impossible that they're bussing him, but it's more likely that they're just distancing themselves from a teammate who is getting heat.

So your conclusion is that DAndy is likely a wolf and his wolfy friends will be involved in pushing him under the bus?

I'm not trying to make any kind of point, I just have no reading comprehension abilities right now.

• Advertisement

tenor.gif
    Choc Chip wrote: »
    Drumpot, bear with me - I'm hungover and I'm trying to make sense of your last sentence. The first sentence, you're suggesting that if the wolves are bussing DAndy it's a silly thing to do, right?
    And the second sentence, you're saying that it's not impossible that they're bussing him, but it's more likely that they're just distancing themselves from a teammate who is getting heat.

So your conclusion is that DAndy is likely a wolf and his wolfy friends will be involved in pushing him under the bus?

I'm not trying to make any kind of point, I just have no reading comprehension abilities right now.

I knew my voting time records would come in handy. Fixxxer:

Lynch 1 we have a lot of village votes on Sullivo but all are villages bar one, Bounty Hunter. I think it is fair to say that we had a strong feeling it was going to be Sullivo on the run up. Would wolves have moved off the obvious wagon and spread themselves out?

No one moved off Sullivo except DAndy - he was only on sulli for 34 minutes then moved onto you after your conversation about voting for wolves

Two villagers on cheezy. BH on first this time which feels better. I was on cheezy first but look later as I was panicking and flipflopped like a landed fish just before lynch. BH was on reasonably early - lunchtime thursday and didn't move after that

I can't do waganomics so i'm not sure of the implications of the above, but I had times of votes recorded if that's useful.

Just summarizing some stuff:

- 2 morning kills yesterday and today
    - one was presumed JOAT (no confirmation)
    - one was presumed Vig (no confirmation)
    - Whippy claimed tracker no counter claim
    - 17 players - 5 dead villagers = 8-4 left
    - 2 more mislynch and we are as good as gone, defo gone if Vig also shoots a villager

Why do we think Whippy is telling the truth?

100% because we THINK the second kill yesterday was the VIG. The OP doesn’t hint that the wolves get a second kill or there are any other kills that can explain how 2 happened in the morning.

Having a JOAT suggested we are in column 1 E or 2 D. So the second kill yesterday makes us THINK that this was the Vig. If this was the Vig then we are in 2D and there is a motion detector. Since Whippy claimed that role and nobody has countered it’s a fairly strong claim.

Who are the quiet posters or wolves? At this stage only one remaining RV means every other villager should be getting involved and no need to hide.

tenor.gif

I slept on a sofa and there is a half-full glass of wine still beside me. I could just start again.

- 2 more mislynch and we are as good as gone, defo gone if Vig also shoots a villager

100% because we THINK the second kill yesterday was the VIG. The OP doesn’t hint that the wolves get a second kill or there are any other kills that can explain how 2 happened in the morning.

Having a JOAT suggested we are in column 1 E or 2 D. So the second kill yesterday makes us THINK that this was the Vig. If this was the Vig then we are in 2D and there is a motion detector. Since Whippy claimed that role and nobody has countered it’s a fairly strong claim.

Who are the quiet posters or wolves? At this stage only one remaining RV means every other villager should be getting involved and no need to hide.

Erm. Drumpot. 7 Dead. 6 -4
    One more mislynch and the wolves have it.

• Advertisement

No no no no.

Drummer. I was so hoping you were village.

We have a vig who can get us another kill if they survive and if we lynch a wolf tonight. Asking them to come out is village suicide and reflects so badly on you.

I slept on a sofa and there is a half-full glass of wine still beside me. I could just start again.

No one would blame you.

maq0o.gif

Vig should stay hidden unless in danger as they have no kill tonight.

Agree Whippy must be who she says as no counter claim

I remember those days! Would kill me now, getting too old!

Guys I’m around for about half an hour and then heading out, won’t be back on until I get back this evening

kitten_k wrote: »
    I remember those days! Would kill me now, getting too old!

I'm too old myself.

Drumpot, I'm not sure whether not knowing how many people are dead makes you clueless village or faking-it wolf. Although.... the wolves killed 5 of the 7, so are you only counting your own kills...?

No no no no.

Drummer. I was so hoping you were village.

We have a vig who can get us another kill if they survive and if we lynch a wolf tonight. Asking them to come out is village suicide and reflects so badly on you.

I wasn’t telling the VIG to come out I was saying there is only one potential rolled villager hiding so we should be looking at lower posters as there’s no excuse for most people not getting involved.

quickbeam wrote: »

This is what I used for the 5 dead. Ah , only counted the lines, didn’t realize there was two names for some lines

This is what I used for the 5 dead. Ah , only counted the lines, didn’t realize there was two names for some lines

Seriously , people think a wolf would try and fool the entire village into thinking 2 less people were killed when it’s on the second post of the thread?

Was a genuine error. I’m working on my own here and trying to put some sort of structure together.

Seriously , people think a wolf would try and fool the entire village into thinking 2 less people were killed when it’s on the second post of the thread?

Was a genuine error. I’m working on my own here and trying to put some sort of structure together.

No, I don't think a wolf would try and fool people into thinking 2 fewer people were killed... but you used the numbers to outline a scenario where we have 2 mislynches til death, and we don't have that. We NEED to lynch a wolf tonight. Would a wolf suggest that we had 2 mislynches to lull the village into a false sense of security that tonight isn't as vital as it is?

Am I just paranoid and hungover.

I don't know, but it's made me unsettled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

JOAT confirmed dead
    No one ever thought the VIG was dead. They very much alive.

Both Strawbs and me posted the kill numbers yesterday.

Drum I don't think you've read the thread at all, which again worrys me. If you're such a concerned villager.

Why are you suspect of my drunk go team post? Is it very wolf like to ask people to review people we haven't been focusing on? I agree! (That's my sarcastic voice)
    Only a wolf wouldn't want people to be looked at.

No, I don't think a wolf would try and fool people into thinking 2 fewer people were killed... but you used the numbers to outline a scenario where we have 2 mislynches til death, and we don't have that. We NEED to lynch a wolf tonight. Would a wolf suggest that we had 2 mislynches to lull the village into a false sense of security that tonight isn't as vital as it is?

Am I just paranoid and hungover.

I don't know, but it's made me unsettled.

Well look at it this way. As of now Dandy hasn’t put in any defence of a very suspect post that I highlighted. If I am a wolf , why would I bother doing anything else? Village kills a villager tonight and wolves win?! What benefit is it for any wolf to do anything at this stage? There is no need to push things, that’s why we should maybe look at some lower posters.

Actually The more I think about it we may actually have to have our Vig come out. Tonight is all or nothing, if we kill a Villager the game is over so it’s no benefit to the village keeping the VIG hidden. Having the VIG our condemns then to death in morning but means we have one less villager to look through.

If Dandy doesn’t make a reasonable defence then he’s dead the rights and the VIG doesn’t need to come out. If things start getting messy (which they seem to around lynch time) we may need to get our VIG to come out. Don’t care if that’s a wolfy suggestion, I would appreciate if people would actually discuss the merits or pros/cons of it rather then just accuse it of being a dodgy suggestion.

By the way, does our 50 post count start yesterday morning?

Well look at it this way. As of now Dandy hasn’t put in any defence of a very suspect post that I highlighted. If I am a wolf , why would I bother doing anything else? Village kills a villager tonight and wolves win?! What benefit is it for any wolf to do anything at this stage? There is no need to push things, that’s why we should maybe look at some lower posters.

Actually The more I think about it we may actually have to have our Vig come out. Tonight is all or nothing, if we kill a Villager the game is over so it’s no benefit to the village keeping the VIG hidden. Having the VIG our condemns then to death in morning but means we have one less villager to look through.

If Dandy doesn’t make a reasonable defence then he’s dead the rights and the VIG doesn’t need to come out. If things start getting messy (which they seem to around lynch time) we may need to get our VIG to come out. Don’t care if that’s a wolfy suggestion, I would appreciate if people would actually discuss the merits or pros/cons of it rather then just accuse it of being a dodgy suggestion.

But why would the vig come out unless they were at risk of being lynched?

(And yes the 50 started yesterday after lynch)

Clarabel wrote: »
    JOAT confirmed dead
    No one ever thought the VIG was dead. They very much alive.

Both Strawbs and me posted the kill numbers yesterday.

Drum I don't think you've read the thread at all, which again worrys me. If you're such a concerned villager.

Why are you suspect of my drunk go team post? Is it very wolf like to ask people to review people we haven't been focusing on? I agree! (That's my sarcastic voice)
    Only a wolf wouldn't want people to be looked at.

I didn’t say the VIG was dead. Who are you talking about “a wolf wouldn’t want peolel to be looked at ?” Please explain. It’s ironic you accuse me of not reading the thread as you don’t seem to understand my posts!

Also what has being drunk got to do with anything? I know one wolf who pretended to be drunk and they won the game. Your explanation of your drunk team team post is so dodgy it’s not funny.

How do i or anybody here know you are drunk? You talk as if we should just take your word for it and then question others as though you have some moral authority from a cleared village vantage point.

Yeah - post count is per day phase so yesterday morning.

I've just caught up on yesterday's posts and I don't think you and dandy are on the same team, so I'm trying to decide if either of you might be wolf. I don't think you both are... I'm going to try and put together some potential wolf team and see if that helps me.

But why would the vig come out unless they were at risk of being lynched?

(And yes the 50 started yesterday after lynch)

The game is over tonight if we lynch a Villager. What good is a VIG if the game is over?

It’s a risk v reward equation. We risk losing the game by lynching a villager. We have a slightly better chance if we have one less villager in the list of uncleared people to lynch tonight.

As I said, if dandy doesn’t work some Magic he’s a shoe in so VIG doesn’t need to come out. I suspect there will be chaos after 7 and that wolves may even consider a counter VIG claim.

If VIG came out now we could park Whippy and the Vig, let them form our village core and we could at least start looking into the remaining 7(7) people (villagers don’t need to investigate themselves).

Whatever happens from here the odds are against us so I’m not sure why any play, including VIG coming out, should not be entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Because it means the wolves also get to know and if she has followed a wolf they will then know it’s likely they won’t be followed again and therefore will get that player to keep placing the kill order to avoid the others being detected

Oh I don’t think we need to worry about that. I’m a goner at munch time so won’t be getting anymore information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

See drummer I’m trying really hard to find my way out of my tunnel and then you go and post nonsense like that. Vig should definitely stay hidden unless we are about to lynch him/her!

I knew my voting time records would come in handy. Fixxxer:

No one moved off Sullivo except DAndy - he was only on sulli for 34 minutes then moved onto you after your conversation about voting for wolves

Two villagers on cheezy. BH on first this time which feels better. I was on cheezy first but look later as I was panicking and flipflopped like a landed fish just before lynch. BH was on reasonably early - lunchtime thursday and didn't move after that

I can't do waganomics so i'm not sure of the implications of the above, but I had times of votes recorded if that's useful.

Are you saying you think this information makes BH less suspicious and Dandy more dodgy?

Is that what we take from this?

And to Clarebel or anybody else, I’m not angry or being thick with anybody. If you could see my type you would see I’m enjoying the game. I’m just cutting to the chase/point, I don’t think we can afford to fanny about today and want to move on as quickly as I can do people engage me on my suggestions or points instead of defaulting to the presumption I’m bad.

At this stage the only people I sort of trust are Whippy and Clarabel and maybe choc chip a bit.

Clarabel appears to be a bit confused and it’s not the first time she has misinterpreted my post. If Barney and Dandy have pocketed her (as wolves) it makes sense as a wolf tactic. If it’s a wolf play by Clarabel, well it’s fooled me.

Choc chip is at least trying to throw up some ideas. Although it’s only really confirming dandy looking a bit more suspect, it’s not on its own much. I haven’t had a chance to look back over the last lynch but at the time did feel that choc chip might of been in on some wolf play.

I don’t see anybody doing much of anything so far. Just pick holes in my suggestions or my efforts to try and put some sort of structure to the state of play. I’d think it’s very Wolf play only I don’t think the wolves have to do much to win this game. (As Clarabel said)

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote: »
    See drummer I’m trying really hard to find my way out of my tunnel and then you go and post nonsense like that. Vig should definitely stay hidden unless we are about to lynch him/her!

Why?

If we munch a villager what good is a VIG to the village?

I don’t some of you are actually thinking this through.

Advertisement