Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I really don’t want the vig to come out but anyone we try to lynch tonight can just claim vig. Maybe it is safer to have the reveal earlier to avoid that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I really don’t want the vig to come out but anyone we try to lynch tonight can just claim vig. Maybe it is safer to have the reveal earlier to avoid that.

I hate asking a RV to come out and I’m ok if maybe some other villagers want to row in on this debate But I feel on the balance of things it’s the best call.

Whether they come out or not, if we lynch a villager it’s game over. Maybe the wolves will change their plan now that I’ve suggested it on thread but they could easily chaos Mayhem between 7-9 , particularly if we have targeted a wolf. They are in such a strong position they could for the crack cause mayhem anyways!!

If we make it to tomorrow and you die we are left with no village core to work with and no consensus on anything. We may still have a VIG but who will they target?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Okay... if we're not about to lynch the vig, is there still merit in them coming out?

Would it be worth us all suggesting a wolf team? There are people here that I think are wolfy but wouldn't be on a team together. If we can put together teams, then we could look at who is featured a lot on teams and put together a proposal for lynch. Or even have everyone do FFAs. If the vig is in danger they can then make a decision about whether they come out.

I think the disorganisation is working to the wolves advantage.

The problem is if the vig waits until they’re in danger, anyone in danger can claim vig. How do we know whether to believe them or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Drumpot wrote: »
    Barney , imagine I’m a villager trying to work a few things out on thread. That’s what I am.

Maybe the pocket comment was dandy to team mate Clarabel accidently posted on thread?

I’ve been working off the assumption that Clarebel is finding it hard to keep up but that comprehensive list suggests the opposite.

I think I need to take a step back. I’m tunneling here.
    I think your assumption is wrong. I read what you wrote incorrectly. It's not clearly written, self reflection on that might help.

I've been busy on Wednesday, some of yesterday and today I'm sneaking posting while I can. I've flagged this though. I don't feel pocketed by Barney at all.

Please read the panic start, voting cheesy out felt wrong, I was right, I wanted to move it til we found info. I was right to do that! We got info.

Can we review people who we've not spoken about. Fixxxer, choc, BH, etc etc (quick post don't have full list)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The problem is if the vig waits until they’re in danger, anyone in danger can claim vig. How do we know whether to believe them or not?

We wont know and it wont matter. We kinda have to lynch who we lynch tonight and see if its game over. We cant verify a vig claim without death.

I honestly think this plan is best:

Vig hides, we lynch

assuming game isnt over, we probably lose Whippy to a munch.

Then we take our chances with two kills to turn this around.

Because if we do teams/FFAs then the vig has time to consider... i see your point - if the vig decides not to come out, then whoever we are close to lynching later will come out.

Ok. Since we are practically guaranteed to have someone role claim as a vig later when up for lynch, the vig needs to accept that they need to come out well before voting closes or we're likely to ignore any late role claim. Is that what we're saying?

<mOsT wOlfY>

Dublinandy2

Chocchip
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92
    bagpot
    Bounty Hunter

Whiplashy
    Clara
    <mOsT vIlLaGe>

Kitten????

In order. I've no idea what to do with Kitten.

Agreed Choc chip. Using Clarabels list the following are alive

Dublinandy2
    Choc Chip
    Clarabel
    Bounty Hunter
    Drumpot
    kitten_k
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Whiplashy
    Barney92
    fixxxer

Based on this list As far as I’m concerned right now team village

- Whippy
    - Me

Wolf
    - Dandy

Vig is in final 7.

Shady
    - Kitten - quick to clarity dandy’s post and then rolls back, think they are on other peoples radar for other stuff
    - Clarabel (looks lost but definitely keeping organized notes which contradicts it)
    - strawbs - WTF are they? Quiet wolf?

Not sure but at least trying
    - Barney
    - Fixx
    - BH
    - Choc chip

(Be hilarious if the not sure group where the wolves!).

Clarabel wrote: »
    I think your assumption is wrong. I read what you wrote incorrectly. It's not clearly written, self reflection on that might help.

I've been busy on Wednesday, some of yesterday and today I'm sneaking posting while I can. I've flagged this though. I don't feel pocketed by Barney at all.

Please read the panic start, voting cheesy out felt wrong, I was right, I wanted to move it til we found info. I was right to do that! We got info.

Can we review people who we've not spoken about. Fixxxer, choc, BH, etc etc (quick post don't have full list)

In fairness I’ve looked at the assumption from two different angles. I’m not sure if either is right TBH but I’m trying to make sense of some things.

There’s red flag stuff in there Clarabel. I’ve never claimed to be 100% accurate and have said I’m going through theories. Not sure what the self reflection comment is supposed to suggest.

And why did you say “quick post, don’t have full list”? Full of list of what? You posted a quite comprehensive list of people who have posted which looks like it’s on an excel spreadsheet. So we all know you have your own spreadsheet/list. Would it take that long for you to copy and paste from it?

You are flip flopping from confused villager to telling others to reflect harder, to posting comprehensive lists to saying you don’t have full lists.... Very very erratic stuff. Right now you and dandy are two of my picks.

• Advertisement

Clarabel, I agree with looking outside the main few we're discussing. We have:

- Choc Chip - I'm happy to be discussed. I'm not sure I've been properly ISO'd. I know I'm village so it is wasting village time, but for completeness, go ahead. I'll need to go for a couple of hours but will answer whatever I can.
    - Whiplashy - undisputed role claim. I think we should look elsewhere.
    - Drumpot - has been discussed a lot above
    - DAndy - has been discussed a lot above
    - Strawberry
    - Clarabel
    - Barney
    - Kitten_K
    - Fixxxer
    - Bounty Hunter

There's a lot of people there who I've not really seen talked about for the past couple of days.

Hit send before I meant to - I was going to clarify that drumpot and dandy were talked about a lot this morning.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Hit send before I meant to - I was going to clarify that drumpot and dandy were talked about a lot this morning.

You remind me of a cool as cucumber wolf who against all odds pretty much single handedly won the day for his team....

That said, you are trying to organize things which at this stage is better then nobody talking!

What are your reads?

<mOsT wOlfY>

Dublinandy2
    Clarabel
    Kitten_K
    Barney 92

Drumpot
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Bounty Hunter

Whiplashy
    Choc Chip
    <mOsT vIlLaGe>

Sadly, I am far from cool Drumpot. At risk of meta-warning, I have hangover from hell and now have to drive a car. I'm in a bad place.

There's my reads though. Make of that what ya will. At this stage I've no faith that they're anywhere near right.

Sadly, I am far from cool Drumpot. At risk of meta-warning, I have hangover from hell and now have to drive a car. I'm in a bad place.

There's my reads though. Make of that what ya will. At this stage I've no faith that they're anywhere near right.

I’m actually on the same page TBH and would generally concur. I know the game is slower but I haven’t been able to look back at stuff I missed out on as strawbs did.

Which is why, when I say that I find Strwbs lack of action displeasing. For that alone Strawbs goes up my dodgy list.

In fairness I’ve looked at the assumption from two different angles. I’m not sure if either is right TBH but I’m trying to make sense of some things.

There’s red flag stuff in there Clarabel. I’ve never claimed to be 100% accurate and have said I’m going through theories. Not sure what the self reflection comment is supposed to suggest.

And why did you say “quick post, don’t have full list”? Full of list of what? You posted a quite comprehensive list of people who have posted which looks like it’s on an excel spreadsheet. So we all know you have your own spreadsheet/list. Would it take that long for you to copy and paste from it?

You are flip flopping from confused villager to telling others to reflect harder, to posting comprehensive lists to saying you don’t have full lists.... Very very erratic stuff. Right now you and dandy are two of my picks.
    Drum. I was on my laptop this morning with the excel I've been tracking. I've been posting that the whole game I want to continue. If someone can get me night post numbers tonight I'd appreciate that.

I'm now on my phone sneaking in posting. When you're on the phone you can't see previous lists. I then copied fixxers list on my phone to do a full list. This feels quite personal, I'm not confused. I read what you said wrong, it doesn't specify and could be read incorrectly, especially if there is confirmation bias and at that point I thought you were wolf. I'm asking you to self reflect to see if you can see that.
    It is rushed and erratic probably. And will carry on being so today.

I think we are both village.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

<mOsT wOlfY>

Dublinandy2
    Clarabel
    Kitten_K
    Barney 92

Drumpot
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Bounty Hunter

Whiplashy
    Choc Chip
    <mOsT vIlLaGe>

*Ahem*

<mOsT wOlfY>

Dublinandy2
    Clarabel
    Kitten_K
    Barney 92

Drumpot
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Fixxxer
    Bounty Hunter

Whiplashy
    Choc Chip
    <mOsT vIlLaGe>

Sorry fixxxer - updated above.

Drummer you need to fix your vote on the lynch thread to Dandy’s real name :)

#FFA3
    Dandy
    Strawbs

I’m only putting the 2 on my list for now but my gut is screaming Fixxxer. I have nothing to base it on but if we get a wolf tonight no harm having his name here for you to follow up on after my death.

• Advertisement

Oh and drummer did you notice you’re not on my ffa? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

A quick check in. Just so people know my stance I am against the vig coming out unless in danger.

For the people saying this will help Whippy tonight to determine if any action she picks up tonight is defo wolf - tonight is an odd night so there should not be any movement from the vig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I’m actually on the same page TBH and would generally concur. I know the game is slower but I haven’t been able to look back at stuff I missed out on as strawbs did.

Which is why, when I say that I find Strwbs lack of action displeasing. For that alone Strawbs goes up my dodgy list.

Yes strawberry seems to have completely fallen off the grid, no posts since yesterday morning

Clarabel wrote: »
    Drum. I was on my laptop this morning with the excel I've been tracking. I've been posting that the whole game I want to continue. If someone can get me night post numbers tonight I'd appreciate that.

I'm now on my phone sneaking in posting. When you're on the phone you can't see previous lists. I then copied fixxers list on my phone to do a full list. This feels quite personal, I'm not confused. I read what you said wrong, it doesn't specify and could be read incorrectly, especially if there is confirmation bias and at that point I thought you were wolf. I'm asking you to self reflect to see if you can see that.
    It is rushed and erratic probably. And will carry on being so today.

I think we are both village.

Nothing I say is intended to insult so if you are taking things personally and are a villager I do apologize. I’ve been called a lot of things and I generally take things said in this game as people playing roles or just trying to shake things up.

I’m looking for erratic and inconsistent behavior which is ironic as this usually is the best way of describing my own play. The self reflection you are asking me to do is on one thing, your behavior and interactions with me are unsettling from a POV where I thought one thing (you were a bit lost on a few things I was discussing ) to the exact opposite (where you have shown that you are very clued into other things). The inconsistency’s are a red flag. They don’t mean you are definitely a wolf but I’ve been Lynched for less!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just saw Rocketman, not a great movie but Elton John is great.

Now for the important business I want to clarify my lise below as it is a little different to my FFA. ATM my vote is in for DAndy and I thiink he is the most wolfy but if he was to flip good Drumpot and Kitten are the most wolfy imo and those three made up my FFA. If however I am going with my most wolfy joined by 3 others I could see forming a team.

Most Wolfy: DAndy

Guess at other wolves: Clara, Barney, Strawbs

Next in line:
    Kitten
    Choc Chip
    Drumpot
    Fixxer

Whip
    Myself

If DAndy flipped good I would have a different order to that list with Drumpot, Kitten & Fixxxer jumping up to the top but it that doesn't really matter as then a villager would have died and we would be past the point of no return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Looks like I'm dead, least i can enjoy the day then. Once i flip good whiplashy and fixxxer needs looking at. If by miracle i don't get lynched tonight I'll be back tomorrow.

I'm nrv btw.

See you guys tomorrow possibly, or not :)

Looks like I'm dead, least i can enjoy the day then. Once i flip good whiplashy and fixxxer needs looking at. If by miracle i don't get lynched tonight I'll be back tomorrow.

I'm nrv btw.

If your still about, why Whip? Without a counter claim she should be good, wrong on you maybe but people can be wrong or is there more here?

I'm nrv btw.

Well as you already know if you flip good the game is over. Bit pointless pointing the finger at a roled villager with no counter claim on them, who we all know will be dead in the morning.

I’d like people’s opinions on the fixxxer part though. When dandy flips wolf is fixxxxer innocent because he’s been fingered (hehe) or is it to make us think he’s not a wolf when he really is. Nice parting play wolf dandy!

Well as you already know if you flip good the game is over. Bit pointless pointing the finger at a roled villager with no counter claim on them, who we all know will be dead in the morning.

I’d like people’s opinions on the fixxxer part though. When dandy flips wolf is fixxxxer innocent because he’s been fingered (hehe) or is it to make us think he’s not a wolf when he really is. Nice parting play wolf dandy!

They voted for each other, it's part of why Fixxer was lower down my list, just like Drumpot and Kitten who I don't think would be teamed with him. Going after you makes less sense.

• Advertisement

I think we leave dandy to it, I can’t but vote for him based on that response.

Has to be a wolf or the least helpful villager ever and this is coming from somebody who nearly accidentally talked the village out of lynching a wolf who was as good as gone until I chimed in!:pac:

Advertisement