Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is a man supposed to find a woman in the 21st century

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Lissdoonvarna is the place for you!

also there is always the Knock Marriage Bureau

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

pgj2015 wrote: »
    dont bother op, she will just marry you, stop having sex with you, cheat on you then take half of everything you own. lol

This^

I was single for a really long time...very close to forever actually, could spend days on my own with only the essential contact with others, introvert I guess.

Met someone and initially said no but she persisted so.....I gave it a go.

It was nice, a lot of work, comfort zones expanded, having to let someone in and try to trust this person that could end up doing some of the most vile things to you down the road.

She ruined it a year in, started lying, I sensed but took a long while to find out what she had done, my own fault for not wanting to invade her trust/space!

Everything in me said walk away...Run...but I gave her a second chance, your internal walls go back up, I tried to get back to how it was but I was only fooling myself, lack of life exp. Another 2 years and a bit down the road She started spending time with a co worker and our time together grew shorter and further apart so I just stopped answering the phone one day, the phone stopped ringing and her Facebook status changed to single and pics of her and the co worker together started appearing.

It leaves a mark.

A void you can't fill.

Work/exercise.

Tried the online dating.

Said hello to her virtually 9 months later, she didn't want to know. Close to a year now and I'm nearly me again, a hell of a lot wiser/distrustful of everyone now.

The lack of life exp in me wonders how anyone betrayed like this can ever really move on with someone else...fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jimjangles

I did that whole thing where I'd ask a question bringing up something that was in their profile but that's useless anyway.
    They never reply to that.
    I don't think women read profiles anymore on dating sites.
    I don't really think they care.
    I've tried and failed at online dating anyway.
    There are too many single geezers everywhere and not enough women so it is impossible if you go out anywhere either.
    POF is full of fake spam meet me rubbish.
    I'm going to leave it
    Badoo and tinder are useless shallow bs.
    The whole online so called dating scene is useless completely shallow bs.
    Yes I know they're free but why would I pay to be rejected when I can be rejected for free.
    I'm not into dancing, I'm not into sport and am too old to be accepted as sports are only for teens anyway.
    I don't like gyms.
    I hate to say it but I've given up.
    I'm all out of options.
    I'm going to just play video games and forget about women for the rest of my life.
    There just aren't any decent women out there anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Could you move to a city or do you have to live where you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

victor8600 wrote: »
    For a man? Not really. Put a monkey into a nice suit, angle correctly and he would be attractive enough in a photo

DjcjQnBW0AEM3M1.jpg

George W Bush.

• Advertisement

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    Could you move to a city or do you have to live where you are?

I have to live where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

jimjangles wrote: »
    I did that whole thing where I'd ask a question bringing up something that was in their profile but that's useless anyway.
    They never reply to that.
    I don't think women read profiles anymore on dating sites.
    I don't really think they care.
    I've tried and failed at online dating anyway.
    There are too many single geezers everywhere and not enough women so it is impossible if you go out anywhere either.
    POF is full of fake spam meet me rubbish.
    I'm going to leave it
    Badoo and tinder are useless shallow bs.
    The whole online so called dating scene is useless completely shallow bs.
    Yes I know they're free but why would I pay to be rejected when I can be rejected for free.
    I'm not into dancing, I'm not into sport and am too old to be accepted as sports are only for teens anyway.
    I don't like gyms.
    I hate to say it but I've given up.
    I'm all out of options.
    I'm going to just play video games and forget about women for the rest of my life.
    Well thats some mouthful of quitter talk bullsh1t anyway.

Theirs a parkrun near you tomorrow morning at 9.30.

https://www.parkrun.ie/

Start there and enough with the poor me bullsh1t.

Put the time you spent right swiping into yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

I've tried online dating sites and they're absolutely useless.
    I'm not ugly but it would seem by my terrible lack of popularity that I don't have the looks for online dating.
    Whatever they're looking for online it's not me.
    Also I have no kind of a social life anymore.
    Also I'm 37 and I'm a man.
    So if online dating doesn't work and I have no social life and I live in the midlands seems things aren't really going to work out too good for me for finding someone ever.
    I should probably just forget about it.

OP save yourself some time and money, and go MGTOW! :pac:

What's a decent woman and when were there decent women?

Well I've never met one so I don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mdk_kdm

chuchuchu wrote: »
    OP save yourself some time and money, and go MGTOW! :pac:

Amen brother!

The best you can hope for is some thot who's ridden the cock carousel several times. **** that.

• Advertisement

According to my book, a successful man is one who can earn more money than his woman can spend. A successful woman is the one who can find this man.

What else...

Woman today want exactly the same thing they have always wanted: resources.
    Today's woman still wants a man who can provide and protect - in simple terms, he has access to resources.

Woman are attracted to men who make them laugh
    Women are attracted to men who will communicate
    Women are attracted to men who cook
    Women are attracted to men who dance.
    Woman are attracted to men who make them feel secure
    Women are attracted to men who like children
    Women are attracted to healthy looking men

Men who lack ambition are seen by women as undesirable.Women will end a relationship with a man who becomes lazy, loses his job or lacks ambition.

Now you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nobelium wrote: »
    BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Lissdoonvarna is the place for you!

also there is always the Knock Marriage Bureau
    Closed last week.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Use dating apps that do not have swipe right or left options.
    Take up a hobby, be well dressed where ver you are going ,
    go to a pub, have 1 drink.be sober, and see what happens ,
    dont ask out women who are 10 years younger than you.
    Look at personal ads in newspapers , buyand sell etc
    write on the dating profile what you are interested in,book,s ,music, etc
    If looks were everything they only the beautiful people would be married .
    Most people marry someone of similar looks, apart from people
    who are very rich.
    i presume he,s looking for someone in ireland,
    not looking to meet a woman who lives 2000 miles away.
    Even famous women have been known to use dating apps.
    you don,t have to go to a gym, go to concerts, plays, karoke nights .
    not every woman is a fan of gyms or sports .

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    According to my book, a successful man is one who can earn more money than his woman can spend. A successful woman is the one who can find this man.

What else...

Today's woman still wants a man who can provide and protect - in simple terms, he has access to resources.

Men who lack ambition are seen by women as undesirable.Women will end a relationship with a man who becomes lazy, loses his job or lacks ambition.

Now you know.

So love is dead.
    Well if they're going to have all those frigging requirements forget about it
    If you lose a job and a woman leaves you that woman was a mistake in the first place.
    If women really expect all those things that isn't love.
    They're supposed to like you despite your flaws.
    I think that's basically part of the problem.
    All women care about now is the material bs.
    They don't care about the man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Closed last week.

he's bolloxed then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

What else...

Now you know.

Women are attracted to men that are confident, ambitious, kind, secure in themselves and who are fun to be around. I'm really not sure about the rest...

It's strange, there has been a few posts like this in the last few days it seems :D

Most women don't care about money and if you are with a woman who only cares about money then you only have yourself to blame.

If you are with a woman who leaves you because you lost your job, that is really not the kind of women you want in your life anyways.

Much like women who test men initially and sometime after they first meet at points in the relationship, so too can men at the initial stage.

At the end of the day you are what you attract. If you have a low quality opinion of yourself, you will attract low quality people into your life. Choose wisely.

So love is dead.
    Well if they're going to have all those frigging requirements forget about it
    If you lose a job and a woman leaves you that woman was a mistake in the first place.
    If women really expect all those things that isn't love.
    They're supposed to like you despite your flaws.
    I think that's basically part of the problem.
    All women care about now is the material bs.
    They don't care about the man.

That's what the book says. There''s a whole equivalent on the man's side too. Men want, according to the book;

Sex
    Basic services - food, washing, mothering,
    To be loved and be number one
    Solitary time without interruption.

It goes on...

I have to live where I am.

Are you a farmer?

Women are attracted to men that are confident, ambitious, kind, secure in themselves and who are fun to be around. I'm really not sure about the rest...

It's strange, there has been a few posts like this in the last few days it seems :D

Most women don't care about money and if you are with a woman who only cares about money then you only have yourself to blame.

If you are with a woman who leaves you because you lost your job, that is really not the kind of women you want in your life anyways.

Much like women who test men initially and sometime after they first meet at points in the relationship, so too can men at the initial stage.

At the end of the day you are what you attract. If you have a low quality opinion of yourself, you will attract low quality people into your life. Choose wisely.

I don't attract anything lol.
    Anyway thanks for trying to help.

Are you a farmer?

No I'm not a farmer lol.
    It's complicated I'd rather not go into it.

• Advertisement

OP read your own posts and imagine that you were reading the same from a female poster. What would you be thinking?

Nearly everyone has had their heart broken, been treated like a sap and believed that they will never meet anyone, nothing special or unique about this.

To be honest I'm reading your posts here and thinking you're either very self centered, a little depressed or just talking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Women on dating apps had a habit on postings pics that were 5 years ago deluding themselves that they hadn't aged or put on weight.

Do you have any workmates to ask? They probably have wives who have single friend's etc

Or join a local weight watchers group and have your pick of the chubbys with low self esteem.

I’m sure if you paid attention to your weight, teeth, clothes and general appearance it would go a long way. Maybe go travel, broaden your horizons. Don’t pigeon hole yourself as Jimmy Mac from Ballydreary whi lives next to Noreen. Have other things going on in your life.

That's what the book says. There''s a whole equivalent on the man's side too. Men want, according to the book;

Sex
    Basic services - food, washing, mothering,
    To be loved and be number one
    Solitary time without interruption.

It goes on...

What's it called?
    The arseholes guide to romance, perhaps?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    What's it called the arseholes guide to romance?

The mating game by Allan and Barbara Pease, 2 Australians.. known for their sensitivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Climb the highest mountain and then join tinder.

I’m sure if you paid attention to your weight, teeth, clothes and general appearance it would go a long way. Maybe go travel, broaden your horizons. Don’t pigeon hole yourself as Jimmy Mac from Ballydreary whi lives next to Noreen. Have other things going on in your life.

I'm not a farmer lol.
    Quit with the farmery stuff.
    I have decent teeth I just dress casually, I'd feel like a clown if I was going around dressed in a suit all the time.
    I'm not overweight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I don't attract anything lol.
    Anyway thanks for trying to help.

That's because you are not pro actively doing anything to attract anyone.

It's up to you at the end of the day but complaining about it here on Boards won't fix anything.

You mention you game, loads of women are into that as well, so why not see if there's a group online or in real life that you can meet up or engage with?

The mating game by Allan and Barbara Pease, 2 Australians.. known for their sensitivity.

Australians should have known from the extracts provided.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Australians should have known from the extracts provided.

No class but hey.

Advertisement