Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is a man supposed to find a woman in the 21st century

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Be charismatic at it's most simple level, or else look like Beckham. Handsome ****er

• Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

amcalester wrote: »
    How much road frontage have you?

It’s all about frontage.

I'm a D cup if anyone is asking.

To thine own self be true

#interested

Tell me more

I don't like mondays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Male or female??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Get yourself a cheap wedding ring , stick it on the finger and head off out.
    Be yourself , the wimmins will be blind sided by you being apparently "married " and on the rip.
    In no time you'll be fighting them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I've googled that size and for the benefit of my fellow men , that size should be taken as " cant complain ".
    Pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

.Charlo wrote: »
    Outside your house, anywhere. Give up that online dating shìte, I've seen friends turned into weirdos over that craic.

This.

I was on dating sites for years, waste of time sitting at home sending a message to someone who will not even read it.

People need to go out at the weekend and meet someone the way we all used to before this online dating lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

OP, why do you think that someone would benefit from starting a relationship with you?

Could you write here in 100 words or less what it is that you are looking for and what you think you have to offer?

I'm not being flippant asking this, if you cannot do so here then that is probably reflected with your online attempts and I do think that all people who are looking for a relationship (long term as opposed to a hook up) do pay attention to that if at least in conjunction with the aesthetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I'd never considered the country music scene might be "full of pussy"..

You have no idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

OP, why do you think that someone would benefit from starting a relationship with you?

Could you write here in 100 words or less what it is that you are looking for and what you think you have to offer?

;)

itsatrap.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mdk_kdm

Online dating is a complete waste of time for men unless you are very attractive. The game is rigged, and is designed to extract your money. Even if you do cave in and pay for the premium features, it won't work.

You may by some miracle match with someone you find mildly attractive, but you won't get a response if you message them. If you do get a response, it will be one word replies from someone incapable or unwilling to hold a conversation.

The odds of matching someone, having a good conversation with them, and agreeing to meet for a date are so high, you'd be better off playing the lotto religiously. At least if you win the lotto, you'll have women tripping over themselves looking to get with you.

Meeting someone in real life is probably the only way. Through work or some other social outlet. I have no experience in this so won't pretend to tell you how it's done.

It's probably just best to give up. What's a woman going to do for you anyway? There's very little for a man in a relationship or marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Do you want a girlfriend OP or just to "bang birds in a place full of pussy"?

Plenty of men are finding women in this century.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

mdk_kdm wrote: »
    Online dating is a complete waste of time for men unless you are very attractive. The game is rigged, and is designed to extract your money. Even if you do cave in and pay for the premium features, it won't work.

You may by some miracle match with someone you find mildly attractive, but you won't get a response if you message them. If you do get a response, it will be one word replies from someone incapable or unwilling to hold a conversation.

The odds of matching someone, having a good conversation with them, and agreeing to meet for a date are so high, you'd be better off playing the lotto religiously. At least if you win the lotto, you'll have women tripping over themselves looking to get with you.

Meeting someone in real life is probably the only way. Through work or some other social outlet. I have no experience in this so won't pretend to tell you how it's done.

It's probably just best to give up. What's a woman going to do for you anyway? There's very little for a man in a relationship or marriage.

"Guess who's back, back again........"

Do you want a girlfriend OP or just to "bang birds in a place full of pussy"?

You talking about 1 of those cat cafes where chicken is served? Sign me up

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

I'm a lady and in the same situation
    "wink wink" :)

Hello there, how are you? Interesting username :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

seamus wrote: »
    Open with a conversation starter. A funny, perhaps quirky question, not one that requires her to give up personal information about herself, or engage in idle chatter. "How are you today?" or "What kind of man are you looking for?", are not conversation starters. Something like, "Do you think dogs have their own names that they use for people", or "Do you think Bert and Ernie sharing a bed made dating difficult for them".
    Are you going to do that with every person you contact though? It just looks like a copy and paste job. I find a "Hi, how's things?" followed by something you've referenced from their profile works a lot better. Although that's not always possible if their profile is blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

ardinn wrote: »
    The well - Someone mentioned lisdoon, but the well is enough!

Seriously - forget women and learn to dance, at classes you will be forced to dance with everyone so you will meet 50 people in less than an hr.

Still, forget the women, as mentioned before there is a smell of want, and it stinks - just concentrate on being the best dancer you can be.

Why??

The country music scene at present is fooking huge, and full of pussy! and your social life will explode, there isnt a night you cant head somehere - This weekend there is 14000 young wans headed to cowboys and heroes - another 3500 to carlowfest, numerous events around the country everywhere. if its a social life you want - jive!

If you are DEAD set against dancing replace with whatever youd like to do instead and apply the above.

I started dancing a year ago and tbh and toot my own horn, im swimming in it! 35, i might scrape a 5 on the looks scale, and im a narky bollox - If I can be bangin birds form 23 - 56 as much as I am so can you!!

Go get em jimmy!!!
    Replacing it with whatever you like to do doesn't work either but yea, everyone says Dancing lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

jimjangles wrote: »
    I've tried online dating sites and they're absolutely useless.
    I'm not ugly but it would seem by my terrible lack of popularity that I don't have the looks for online dating.
    Whatever they're looking for online it's not me.

Also I have no kind of a social life anymore.
    Also I'm 37 and I'm a man.
    So if online dating doesn't work and I have no social life and I live in the midlands seems things aren't really going to work out too good for me for finding someone ever.
    I should probably just forget about it.

Online dating is largely a cod.

Think about it logically; the typical woman will receive hundreds of messages from men in a single day.

The odds are completely stacked against you and even if you do stick out, it takes two to tango; the mutual interests have to be there along with the initial attraction otherwise it won't amount to much more then turgid conversation before you are ghosted.

If you are really set on online dating then go for the premium dating sites out there, dispense with ****e like Tinder and POF.

What are your interests? take up a new hobby and try meet women in real time, ideally not the pub or nightclub because they will just be there to let off steam with their girlfriends in most cases.

You simply have to get out there and start doing things and hobbies in your spare time, even if that means doing it by yourself initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Seriously - forget women and learn to dance, at classes you will be forced to dance with everyone so you will meet 50 people in less than an hr.

Still, forget the women, as mentioned before there is a smell of want, and it stinks - just concentrate on being the best dancer you can be.

Why??

The country music scene at present is fooking huge, and full of pussy! and your social life will explode, there isnt a night you cant head somehere - This weekend there is 14000 young wans headed to cowboys and heroes - another 3500 to carlowfest, numerous events around the country everywhere. if its a social life you want - jive!

If you are DEAD set against dancing replace with whatever youd like to do instead and apply the above.

I started dancing a year ago and tbh and toot my own horn, im swimming in it! 35, i might scrape a 5 on the looks scale, and im a narky bollox - If I can be bangin birds form 23 - 56 as much as I am so can you!!

Go get em jimmy!!!

56? He is looking for a grilfriend not a grandma.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,081 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

_blaaz wrote: »
    Male or female??

I haven't decided yet.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭pgj2015

dont bother op, she will just marry you, stop having sex with you, cheat on you then take half of everything you own. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Why??

Go get em jimmy!!!

This may be true but it wouldnt be worth it listening to an irish guy singing in an american accent and having to go line dancing with hundreds of red necks every weekend, also you would have to worry about the mental health of any woman who finds country music enjoyable. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭mun1

I’m sitting in a pub and laughing out loud at some
    of the comments on here .
    Great thread and best of luck OP.��

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There are loads of hot Russians within 1 mile of me.

You live in unidentified local proxy too?
    I'd never considered the country music scene might be "full of pussy"..

Inspiring post though..

It's a bit crude for sure, I prefer the term knee deep in klunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WrigleysExtra

Unfortunately men have ruined it for themselves, too many thirsty betas giving average looking women attention and now they have hugely inflated egos. Ask any decent looking single woman who is using an online dating app to show you her phone and she will probably have tens if not hundreds of messages.

Your best bet is to try and find someone in real life. It's a numbers game, approach often and accept rejection.

kowloon wrote: »
    You live in unidentified local proxy too?

It's a bit crude for sure, I prefer the term knee deep in klunge.

I would have to say that I prefer "full of pussy"..

I've always found the word 'klunge' rather crass..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Online dating is largely a cod.

Online dating is the best way to meet a woman these days, you've just got to put in the time, I find tinder really good once you can show that you can hold a proper conversation and that your not just looking for a hook up. Meetup is good but there's too many women who are just looking to make friends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'd go online, lots of free asian dating sites where you would find a nice 20 something year old to chat to, they go mad for white guys. Depending on who you communicate with, she may not be a money grabbing whore like some appear to be.

I know a guy from work met a girl in Philippines from an online site, he traveled over and back a few times to her before marrying her there and brought her here. She is almost half his age.... They are both mad about eachother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Unfortunately men have ruined it for themselves, too many thirsty betas giving average looking women attention and now they have hugely inflated egos. Ask any decent looking single woman who is using an online dating app to show you her phone and she will probably have tens if not hundreds of messages.

Your best bet is to try and find someone in real life. It's a numbers game, approach often and accept rejection.

It's a rigged game, skewed heavily in their favour...

Check out this for entitlement..

https://www.bolde.com/im-feminism-kinda-making-harder-date/

Advertisement