Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

loud shower here.. great! Not up to watering the garden and was worried...

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Was wet to start off in Belfast this morning, turned into a lovely day (like yesterday) around eleven and started to cloud over again at about 2 as I was leaving. Still very warm.

windsong and marine warning... west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Half way through the month now and still only on 1.4mm here. 2nd time this year where we have such an extraordinary low figure for the first half of the month (May) in this part of the world.

qcmrG3B.png

Like much of May, any showers that came around this month were either too lame to register a reading, or more often than not, just missed us completely.

New Moon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

21.4c, mostly cloudy,very sticky and warm out, 71% RH, Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A comparison of rainfall totals (mm) for 1st-15th July in 2018 and 2019.

W0ae7Wi.png

Data from Met Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

sryanbruen wrote: »
    A comparison of rainfall totals (mm) for 1st-15th July in 2018 and 2019.

W0ae7Wi.png

Data from Met Éireann.

It actually rained a fair bit here on 15 July 2018 (I remember as it was the day of the WC Final). I suspect the figure would read virtually nought for 1 to 14 July 2018.

Either way looking at the figures for 2018 and 2019 Cork has become arid - who'd have thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's been very cloudy here recently but it just passed 22.0C in the last few minutes. I could also hear some rain on the roof.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It's been very cloudy here recently but it just passed 22.0C in the last few minutes. I could also hear some rain on the roof.

The sun's shining again now here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭pauldry

My rain gauge in Sligo has 23mm. Only Athenry is wetter.

Still a low total though it will be close to 100mm by months end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Sunny all day in Arklow, and despite the strong sea breeze, a max of 22.1c
    Currently 21.2
    Another beautiful day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

There will be a 65% partial eclipse of the Moon tonight. Maximum eclipse is at 10:32 p.m. The Moon will then gradually move out of the shadow,exiting at midnight. For those with clear skies(not here in the west) look very low in the south east sky from about 10pm. would welcome any photos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

There will be a 65% partial eclipse of the Moon tonight. Maximum eclipse is at 10:32 p.m. The Moon will then gradually move out of the shadow,exiting at midnight. For those with clear skies(not here in the west) look very low in the south east sky from about 10pm. would welcome any photos :)

Going to try for the ISS,Jupiter and eclipsed Moon in the same shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Going to try for the ISS,Jupiter and eclipsed Moon in the same shot!

Hope the skies are clear for you!. nice long pass from the ISS tonight @ 2340

Hope the skies are clear for you!. nice long pass from the ISS tonight @ 2340

Looks like a brief one in next while but hoping that one is going close to the Moon's position. Sadly the 23:40 pass is past my bedtime :pac:.

Clear spots but still plenty of cloud here in the midlands so hopefully get lucky with that.

Was right the ISS will go past the rising Moon here at 10:08. Problem is that it's cloudy in that direction for me, pity! Maybe someone else with clear sky can get a shot/video for us!

I love these balmy summer evenings, when the garden comes alive with moths, and my solar lights make it a bit magical, and the cat suddenly wants to play after a day of snoozing under a bush. I can water the plants in a tee shirt and flip flops at 10pm listening to the sound of tractors out late cutting hay.

I’m not normally a fan of July, it’s like nature takes a breath and relaxes as all the work is done. Fledgling birds are almost grown , lambs and calves getting bigger, and the light green colors of Spring and early Summer all blend into just one dark green .
    All the flowers are in full bloom , bursting with color, there’s nothing left to do except pause . It almost feels a bit dead. Then change starts in mid to late August. I love that time and early Autumn most, the colors, the smells and the changing light.
    July is a bit flat......but these long balmy evenings are magical and something to think back on in the depths of Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭pauldry

The moonar eclipse at 1050pm n Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok this just looks like a normal moon! Stupid camera! It looks a lot less bright in reality

deluging and windy... noah time.. The rain radar map is bright. Much needed water falling copiously.. cats flowed in for breakfast dripping wet. Not ventured out and no blissful wander along the flowery lanes today,, Just hard heavy rain..

calling Noah!

• Advertisement

There was some rain here this morning - 0.2mm recorded so far. It's 15.9C at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Rains just started in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Rain rain rain. In fairness has been lovely + dry in Dublin for July so don't mind it today. All birds were delighted in garden this morning. It was also well forecast. An evening for sitting in relaxing watching TV + not feeling guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We have had 22mm of rain in Castlebar since the early hours and it's still falling, but it's much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Xenji wrote: »
    We have had 22mm of rain in Castlebar since the early hours and it's still falling, but it's much needed.

Grand..you might like to hang onto it so and we can stay dry here on the east coast :):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭squarecircles

well safe to say thats the rest of july down the ****ter,and August will be just,well,you know,August.

Thats the trouble with summers here is you have to wish away so much time untill the next fine day,and before you know the rose of tralee is on(i dont watch it btw,used for comic effect) and your lighting your fire.
    while on the continent they can savor and enjoy every sweltering minute of it,knowing that it will run and run and run,not having to break your neck running out the door when a cloud parts or the temperature scrapes above 20 or e=contently looking out your window and work knowing that the fab weather will still be there at the weekend for your bbq or swim.

steamy hot week for England next week,guess what!!!??? its going to be cool and wet here,would you ever have guessed,well knock me down with a feather.
    i think ill be putting my tanning oil away for a while because mark down in your diary folks,july 17th -the pigmuck and rot sets in.

drumming of rain dripping from the gutters... cat hiding under the deck chair.. other cats coming in laden with water... Oh! The lovely big pot of trailing nasturtiums.. I had on my gate post was blown right off.. orange petals raining colour. Peaceful sounds and the wind has quietened so the worst is over.. picked all the fallen flowers for the dwelling so we are bright and lovely... Misted invisible horizons.. .. quieted ocean.. preview of autumn..

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Very little rain has fallen in my area near Limerick City. It looks like the front has cleared off my area looking at met.ie rainfall radar. Mostly Cloudy with some brief bright spells. Wind SSW fresh breeze. Mild but not really warm with Shannon reporting 18°C at noon. It looks like the rest of the day would be mainly dry although not ruling out a passing shower or two by evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Normal summer has resumed here in Dundalk. Wet and miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

well safe to say thats the rest of july down the ****ter,and August will be just,well,you know,August.

Thats the trouble with summers here is you have to wish away so much time untill the next fine day,
    and before you know the rose of tralee is on(i dont watch it btw,used for comic effect) and your lighting your fire.
    while on the continent they can savor and enjoy every sweltering minute of it,knowing that it will run and run and run,not having to break your neck running out the door when a cloud parts or the temperature scrapes above 20 or e=contently looking out your window and work knowing that the fab weather will still be there at the weekend for your bbq or swim.

Has anyone ever counted how many days of their lives have been wasted in this country staring out through the window at the lashing rain whilst our southern continental friends are out and about every day in the glorious sunshine....... it`s gotta run into years? :(

makes you think....

Advertisement