Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

lawred2 wrote: »
    Nuts. Hasn't rained here since overnight.

Just shows the difference two sides of the city can have for future reference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I was living in London at the time but we always got stretches of warm sunny weather there.

Oh shtop, I’m envious of London’s climate. I lived in the south of England one summer. It was during the awful string of summers from 2007-2012. It was below normal summer where I was living and it was still noticeably a good deal balmier than Ireland. I got athlete’s foot that summer because of constantly wearing runners in the warmer climate. There is rarely a summer in Ireland that that would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

Theres nothing to worry about folks, cause according to the Donegal postman were going to get a good summer this year :Dhttp://https://www.thesun.ie/news/4175816/irish-weather-forecast-postman-michael-gallagher-hot-summer/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭endainoz

Theres nothing to worry about folks, cause according to the Donegal postman were going to get a good summer this year

You'd be shot for less for giving that lad attention on this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Up to 24.7mm of rain for June. Seems a bit on the low side considering its been raining for the past 32 hours non stop.

After rain falling about 5 times for the first 28 days of May 5 of the past 8 days have been raining ALL day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Up to 2200, Ballyhaise has recorded approximately 55.5mm of rainfall in total between yesterday and today. Its max today was only 10.9c (after 10.6c yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Co.down.., thought it was finally over this afternoon,
    It`s not,
    back on this evening, relentless, circling like a vulture overhead, won`t move,

Desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Still raining here in meath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Jesus that rain on the radar hasn’t moved from Longford and Cavan at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Advertisement

34 hours of non stop rain in Sligo now

But hourly rate has been quite low

Went running tonight and it kept raining but I was by no means soaked

Total of 17mm so far in Sligo from the 34 hours would suggest 0.5mm per hour

It lashed yesterday for an hour prob 3mm but then lighter so maybe my rain gauge is ok. I hv 2 and they both have 16.5mm and 17mm on them though Markree has double this. However when I look at hourly reports there the past 2 days there is much heavier rainfall rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Winter coat on this pm. 9° Meath
    At least it's stopped raining......for now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Kutebride wrote: »
    Winter coat on this pm. 9° Meath
    At least it's stopped raining......for now.

8.3C here in Tralee, at least it has been bright and dry for much of the day though . Was out doing a job up on a ladder this evening and the bite in the breeze and cold off the metal was amazing for the time of the year.

Sunshine and showers in Killarney this morning /early afternoon and much brighter evening back at home near Tralee.

aq6vogB.jpg?1

6yJNv9B.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looks like the rain is intensifying in the N Midlands

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back raining here too. It's like a proper wet late November night out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wondrously wet and windy... snug here...happy days! watching this film .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8m3-QAHo8

west mayo offshore ark

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sun shining in DCC this morning. Warm enough in the sunshine. I'm sure it won't last too long.

Rain at 34mm now for this event but....its....stopped....has it? after 44hours of non stop a development

Still 9c though

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

MT
    Any chance you could give a more in depth forecast for Saturday please?
    Two big outdoor concerts on in Slane and Malahide, so plenty of interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

When's the last time we've had a summer this bad? It's been feckin miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Just back from Granada where it was a steady 30 degrees and fresh in the evening. Came back to 11 degrees. Now I understand the Spanish who were giving out about our "summers" in Ireland. Though it does get to extremes there in August...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

grenadino wrote: »
    Just back from Granada where it was a steady 30 degrees and fresh in the evening. Came back to 11 degrees. Now I understand the Spanish who were giving out about our "summers" in Ireland. Though it does get to extremes there in August...

To be fair, this isn't standard. Weather was much different around this time last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

When's the last time we've had a summer this bad? It's been feckin miserable.

It's only been 6 days... too early to call a whole season bad.

Artane2002 wrote: »

Would you love to be relaxing in Fairview Park right now like you were on 6th June last year? :D
    Exceptional day in Dublin! No clouds at all and not overly warm. Currently relaxing in Fairview Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

JCX BXC wrote: »
    To be fair, this isn't standard. Weather was much different around this time last year!

That was the freak weather, this is normal summer weather if not a little bit cooler than usual. My memories of summers in Ireland are blustery showery crap making it hard to do anything outdoors, with a week or so of proper summer days.

That was the freak weather, this is normal summer weather if not a little bit cooler than usual. My memories of summers in Ireland are blustery showery crap making it hard to do anything outdoors, with a week or so of proper summer days.

Not really that normal, places have been seeing 10/11c max yesterday and Tuesday. Average June max is around 15-17c.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Not really that normal, places have been seeing 10/11c max yesterday and Tuesday. Average June max is around 15-17c.

15-17 though isn't exactly picnic weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I mean't to include May in this. :o

If you were to include it it surely ranks among the worst.

I mean't to include May in this. :o

If you were to include it it surely ranks among the worst.

I think by now we've usually had some summery weather in May and it feels like the season has actually began. Not this year though.

• Advertisement

Sligo catching Markree

Sligo rain for June 41mm

Markree rain for June 51mm

Still 9c for past 48 hours its been below 11c

Advertisement