Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUSLA Clerical Officer May 2019 Interviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

JuneMoon7 wrote: »
    Hi...sorry to sound like a broken record, but anything yet? tiny14 are you in same boat still waiting to hear back?? im starting to wonder whats going on..

hi junemoon ive still not herd anything an i no its frustrating waiting to see whats happening!! what area did u pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JuneMoon7

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Got email today notifying me of interview - I applied for the Dublin Mid Leinster region

Ah best of luck!

tiny14 wrote: »
    hi junemoon ive still not herd anything an i no its frustrating waiting to see whats happening!! what area did u pick?

Dublin North East, with a preference for Louth... isnt it? i have no patience lol

I’ve been called for interview early July in Dublin. I applied for midlands.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rav2012

Hi,
    They are going by surnames is alphabetical order. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Rav2012 wrote: »
    Hi,
    They are going by surnames is alphabetical order. Best of luck.

Oh i see, thanks!

Dublin North East, with a preference for Louth... isnt it? i have no patience lol

i no im same lol but at least some areas have started the interviews but just havnt herd of anything for my area but will keep ye posted if i hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

Anyone get a second email?

i no im same lol but at least some areas have started the interviews but just havnt herd of anything for my area but will keep ye posted if i hear anything

Thanks so much:)

Anyone get a second email?

Still waiting..if they have started Dublin North East, and it is alphabetical order, im not that far up the alphabet, hopefully i will hear something this week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dee.dee123

Hi I am trying to find out the competencies for the interview. So far all I can get from the email is: Professional Knowledge and Skills, Planning and organisational Skills, Effective Team Working and Communication and Interpersonal Skills. Are there only 4 competencies that we need to know?

annemm wrote: »
    I got an email to say I had a message in the portal last wk. So I had 2 wks notice. What area are you waiting on? You will hear back soon

Hi Annemm,

Sorry to be bothering you, i just wanted to ask how you got on and also, did you apply for Dublin North East with a preference for Dublin? where was your interview held? You had same region down as myself, so i cant understand why i havent been called for interview when its the same region..

I emailed them this morning to ask what the story is- -dont want to keep hassling strangers on boards! I just cant understand why i havent heard anything back when i am currently a grade III for HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 annemm

Hi Annemm,

Sorry to be bothering you, i just wanted to ask how you got on and also, did you apply for Dublin North East with a preference for Dublin? where was your interview held? You had same region down as myself, so i cant understand why i havent been called for interview when its the same region..

I emailed them this morning to ask what the story is- -dont want to keep hassling strangers on boards! I just cant understand why i havent heard anything back when i am currently a grade III for HSE.

Hey I got on well was 30 mins. Based on the competencies .. Im surprised you havent heard anything yet but someone said they interviewing all summer

Hi Annemm,

Hey I got on well was 30 mins. Based on the competencies .. Im surprised you havent heard anything yet but someone said they interviewing all summer

Ah ok :) i got a reply from tusla recruit to say that i can expect to hear something in the coming weeks. I hope they dont think im pushy lol maybe i shouldnt have emailed them at all, but i was wondering why it was talking so long considering its over two months since we all applied for this.
    Thanks for getting back to me and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Ah ok :) i got a reply from tusla recruit to say that i can expect to hear something in the coming weeks. I hope they dont think im pushy lol maybe i shouldnt have emailed them at all, but i was wondering why it was talking so long considering its over two months since we all applied for this.
    Thanks for getting back to me and best of luck!

What address did you email?

Samsgirl wrote: »
    What address did you email?

Hi Samsgirl, i emailed tuslarecruit@tusla.ie. I emailed Monday and I got a reply within an hour to say to expect to hear something soon. Well i got another email yesterday to say there was a message for me on the portal, and my interview is 18th July :o!

Hi Samsgirl, i emailed tuslarecruit@tusla.ie. I emailed Monday and I got a reply within an hour to say to expect to hear something soon. Well i got another email yesterday to say there was a message for me on the portal, and my interview is 18th July :o!

Great good luck

Great good luck

Ah thanks annemm!

Hi There, has anyone been called for interview for Tusla Clercial Officer campaign yet? closing date was 29th April and they said they were calling people for interviews in May. I know May isn't out just yet, but i wonder have they actually started interviewing and perhaps i just didn't get shortlisted..I already work as a grade III for HSE, so i would be surprised if i wasn't called.
    best of luck with interview & let me no how it goes for you

• Advertisement

best of luck with interview & let me no how it goes for you

Hi Tiny14,

I think it went ok! I certainly came out rather elated and confident that i answered every question. That said, in retrospect i could have given a better example to one question, and also there was additional information i had learned back to front on a particular question that, had i discussed, certainly would have been a bonus. But hindsight is another form of regret, and while i can learn from it i still have to move on!

The interview board members were very nice and put me at ease. So, only time will tell, i hope for the best:)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Sounds like you did well JuneMoon! Fingers crossed now :)

Are competencies questions based on your application form or will you be expected to provide different examples?

hi all has anyone from the limerick area herd anything? or the people that had interviews did ye hear anymore?

Hi Tiny14,

I think it went ok! I certainly came out rather elated and confident that i answered every question. That said, in retrospect i could have given a better example to one question, and also there was additional information i had learned back to front on a particular question that, had i discussed, certainly would have been a bonus. But hindsight is another form of regret, and while i can learn from it i still have to move on!

The interview board members were very nice and put me at ease. So, only time will tell, i hope for the best:)

hi im delighted it went well for you & you felt it coming out!! did you hear anymore? still no word down my neck of the woods

hi im delighted it went well for you & you felt it coming out!! did you hear anymore? still no word down my neck of the woods

I havent heard anything, but there is another thread about these interviews and apparently those who have asked were told it will be at least mid-late September.
    Thanks, yes it was one of the few interviews i felt ok about, i prepared so much for it but you know yourself, once the nerves set in it can be hard to remember everything you want to say! there was one instance where i may have rambled a bit! but then i reigned it in. One moth ago already! i was obsessing about it for a few days after, but for the most part now im just getting on with things and not thinking about it too much apart from checking my emails twice a day for word back

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

I got email yesterday interview next week unfortunately not much notice in regards to getting time off work. Interview in Dublin. Regions I've applied for West and mid leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LenaM

Hi I had an interview last week for mid Leinster. How long do you have to wait before you know if you made it to the panel or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

LenaM wrote: »
    Hi I had an interview last week for mid Leinster. How long do you have to wait before you know if you made it to the panel or not?

I’m not sure where I read it but it said somewhere
    end of the year

hi all
    ive been called for interview next week for the tipp/limerick area so guess they are just starting!! im dreading it as its been around 5 years since i had an interview an would appreciate any help or tips that may help me. im reading up about what tulsa do at the moment as i guess they may ask what i know about it!! appreciate any help thanks in advance

• Advertisement

hi all
    ive been called for interview next week for the tipp/limerick area so guess they are just starting!! im dreading it as its been around 5 years since i had an interview an would appreciate any help or tips that may help me. im reading up about what tulsa do at the moment as i guess they may ask what i know about it!! appreciate any help thanks in advance

Hi Tiny 14,

I was asked to discuss the following:

What you know about Tusla (discuss services they provide, when it was founded)
    Legislation thats important for the role (discuss data protection laws in thw workplace, Children First legislation)
    What your competencies are (computer skills, customer service skills, people skills, organisational skills)
    Discuss a time at work when you had to deal with a challenging or difficult situation. How did you handle it?
    Keep in mind the STAR system when answering: the situation you were in, the task you were performing, the action taken and the result you achieved. The example can be from anything. Previous job, college project
    Good luck!

Advertisement