Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin's 24h bus services

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

They'll still be full

but the op can choose to get the bus a 1/2 hour earlier. so will a few others. at the moment that choice doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

DublinBuses.com is reporting that the 39A is to commence it's 24 hour service from November 2020.

And more good news is included about other service enhancements for Dublin Bus.
    Dublin Bus will convert Route 39A to 24-hour operation from November.

It is also proposed to enhance the number of departures on routes 1, 9, 13, 14, 40B, 40D, 83 and 145.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

DublinBuses.com is reporting that the 39A is to commence it's 24 hour service from November 2020.

Looking forward to one of the n11/Rock road routes (aka the 46a/155 or the 4/7) going 24 hours too, hopefully it's not too long till that happens!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

The 40b surely that's a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Seems nuts to do the 39A and not the 39 - far more people would be served by the 39.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

GT89 wrote: »
    The 40b surely that's a mistake?

More departures, not 24hr

p_haugh wrote: »
    Looking forward to one of the n11/Rock road routes (aka the 46a/155 or the 4/7) going 24 hours too, hopefully it's not too long till that happens!

I think they would be best off making the 155 24hr and the 7 24hr. The 155 would serve the Ballymun and N11 corridors whilst the 7 can serve the Rock Road and Dun Laoghaire.

Having the 145 24hr is not great as Hueston is dead at night. The 9, 13 and 83 all seem like poor choices to me for 24hr operation as these are mpre local routes rather than routes that stick to the main roads. I would think the 151, 66, 40 and 27 would all be stronger contenders for night operations than what's being proposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭StreetLight

I think they would be best off making the 155 24hr and the 7 24hr. The 155 would serve the Ballymun and N11 corridors whilst the 7 can serve the Rock Road and Dun Laoghaire.

Having the 145 24hr is not great as Hueston is dead at night. The 9, 13 and 83 all seem like poor choices to me for 24hr operation as these are mpre local routes rather than routes that stick to the main roads. I would think the 151, 66, 40 and 27 would all be stronger contenders for night operations than what's being proposed.

You're getting your wires crossed. The only route mentioned for 24 hour operation is the 39a. The others are to see enhancements to the existing schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

You're getting your wires crossed. The only route mentioned for 24 hour operation is the 39a. The others are to see enhancements to the existing schedule.

Yep. You're spot on here. Just to reiterate to GT89's post because he was definitely confused here.

It's one additional route from Dublin Bus going into 24hr operation from November being the 39A. This means that Dublin Bus will have a total of 3 routes for 24hr operation namely the 39A beginning from November 2020 and the 15 & 41 which went into 24hr operation from December 2019.

The loads of other routes that I mentioned in my earlier post are not getting 24hr timetables. Those routes are staying on regular timetables.

I hope that clears the confusion up for everybody. :)

Ah misread it so

• Advertisement

Could have been my post that confused things, apologies. Was just giving my two pence on what routes should be made 24hrs after the 39a does

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

66 is probably next, considering it was rumoured to be going with the 39; and the pairing was delayed due to COVID.

Two significant late/24h traffic generators on it - Maynooth University and Intel.

An N11 corridor service is an obvious next step. Routes passing educational institutions, hospitals and shopping centres should probably all be served before looking anywhere else - significant amounts of public transit dependent passengers. But there will be a need for some orbitals in time too; the run time will be massively reduced at night versus daytime so they shouldn't be that hideously expensive to serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Not sure what enhancements can be made to the 145 really in terms of more departures. Its fairly frequent as it is. Unless they incase weekend schedule?

Not sure what enhancements can be made to the 145 really in terms of more departures. Its fairly frequent as it is. Unless they incase weekend schedule?

Some peak hour extras perhaps as buses are often keaving people at stops in the mornings when I used it. Personally I'd rather they put on more 155s as I find the 145 Nortbound is a nuisance if you are going further than Dawson Street due to the detour around Molesworth Street and the back of Trinity.

The bus connects E1 is the same as the 155 and this will do away with this riddiculous 145 detour for once and for all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

39a going 24h from the 13th of December.

30m spacing from 2330 to 0700

Removal of the last 39 from the same date it seems.

L1011 wrote: »

Where did you hear that? Nothing on the DB website and can't see any news articles

Any word on other routes yet (i.e. the n11 corridor)?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

Where did you hear that? Nothing on the DB website and can't see any news articles

There are revised timetables in the Timetables section of the DB website

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Brilliant, pitty I've nowhere to go after midnight

eguiney wrote: »

I see that now. Why is this not being pubblicised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

I see that now. Why is this not being pubblicised?

It only went up today . I'd say we'll see it publicised next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Would be good to see something on the N11 corridor go 24hr, perhaps 155 given its cross city.

Wasn't there talk of 145 being extended to 24hr ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

eguiney wrote: »

Taken down now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Apparently the schedule for the 24 hour 39A route has been rejected by the marked in drives on the 39 so will now go back to be looked at before a new schedule is presented which will then be subject to approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

devnull wrote: »
    Apparently the schedule for the 24 hour 39A route has been rejected by the marked in drives on the 39 so will now go back to be looked at before a new schedule is presented which will then be subject to approval.

Oy right, they pushed it through way to fast....
    14 got a night service of sorts and it should not have got through as it is.

Further reason to get rid of the Victorian marking in system.

Screw over the newer staff and have them think it's a good thing because they might get to be the screwer not the screwee in a decade and a half. If there was no marking in the early career awful shifts would not exist.

I'd like to see a study about the safety risks of giving the experienced staff fixed routes versus giving the inexperienced variable ones too. All standard systems knowledge would see that as an awful idea

Forlock tugging "repsect your betters!" stuff that any union worth paying for should oppose with every fibre of its being is all that's ever given as an attempted coherent argument of support

Further reason to get rid of the Victorian marking in system.

Screw over the newer staff and have them think it's a good thing because they might get to be the screwer not the screwee in a decade and a half. If there was no marking in the early career awful shifts would not exist.

I'd like to see a study about the safety risks of giving the experienced staff fixed routes versus giving the inexperienced variable ones too. All standard systems knowledge would see that as an awful idea

I didn't wait over twelve years to then go backwards....
    Shocking that you would even think it's good or comment so much on how much we actually have to put up with and not a Driver.

I didn't wait over twelve years to then go backwards....
    Shocking that you would even think it's good or comment so much on how much we actually have to put up with and not a Driver.

That's the "I had it crap so everyone else should too" argument there. It's worthless. The system is a disgrace

A modern roster system would have delivered fair shifts from day one. How can you argue against that on such awful justification?

That's the "I had it crap so everyone else should too" argument there. It's worthless. The system is a disgrace

A modern roster system would have delivered fair shifts from day one. How can you argue against that on such awful justification?

They want to have us at the full time allowed, this is what's coming, a race to the bottom....

We are in for a world of pain and to be honest putting in brand new stainless steel poles with new information boards up high that nobody will look at is pure nuts, this money could be much better spent...

I drove an AX today which I haven't in quite some time and by jaysus is it a much better bus then that sg crap.... One thing the sg is better at is that you can put the demisters to your feet, that's about it.... I forgot how good the brakes were on them too, you tip the pedal and the retarder kicks in..... The GT and SG you need to press so hard.....

I don't want to believe this but with everything this year, who is going to be using the bus to actually make it worth having 24hr or every 8 minutes etc etc when most will be out of work....
    It could be most likely worse then 2008 on.

• Advertisement

They want to have us at the full time allowed, this is what's coming, a race to the bottom....

We are in for a world of pain and to be honest putting in brand new stainless steel poles with new information boards up high that nobody will look at is pure nuts, this money could be much better spent...

I drove an AX today which I haven't in quite some time and by jaysus is it a much better bus then that sg crap.... One thing the sg is better at is that you can put the demisters to your feet, that's about it.... I forgot how good the brakes were on them too, you tip the pedal and the retarder kicks in..... The GT and SG you need to press so hard.....

I don't want to believe this but with everything this year, who is going to be using the bus to actually make it worth having 24hr or every 8 minutes etc etc when most will be out of work....
    It could be most likely worse then 2008 on.

Absolutely not one bit of this post addresses what was being asked.

Advertisement