Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    I totally should have phrased it better. :(

I meant did ye discuss protections with GertieGale. As in give any indications to them about what your protections were or might be?

I unfortunately did :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I unfortunately did :(

Well screwballs. Totally understandable though. And gg if you die in a bit. Which in a weird way, I hope you do. ;)

Well screwballs. Totally understandable though. And gg if you die in a bit. Which in a weird way, I hope you do. ;)

Know what you mean, but I really wanted to stay hidden as long as possible and got back into the game overnight, be a shame to leave it now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Well I'm still not a wolf, as I said when going after Clodagh D1 I'm NRV. apparently the only one in the game who is

I do get that we're narrowing down to who the last wolf is with all these claims

There is a world where Angus is lying, is a wolf and they munch Frank, leaving Angus as our priest. Out of all the non-verifiable role claims his and Brendan's stand out as being solo efforts.

I would say at the very least I'm safe from munching

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Brendan WW wrote:
    Know what you mean, but I really wanted to stay hidden as long as possible and got back into the game overnight, be a shame to leave it now.

If Gertie knows your protects why did you bother to hide them from us on thread.

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »
    Well I'm still not a wolf, as I said when going after Clodagh D1 I'm NRV. apparently the only one in the game who is

I do get that we're narrowing down to who the last wolf is with all these claims

There is a world where Angus is lying, is a wolf and they munch Frank, leaving Angus as our priest. Out of all the non-verifiable role claims his and Brendan's stand out as being solo efforts.

I had no choice, the wolves now know I'm BG and therefore the village should too. Plus I couldn't take the chance of leaving the game without giving the Gert info. Then...Wendy and Doris are as good as confirmed from Gertrude's mispost. There seems to be a village core building and some clarity, are you against this?

Anyway Conor, I agree - I fully expect you to survive the munch. I would bet my future in the game on it if I could :pac:

Just throwing ideas out there Conor!

Babs Wolf, Gertie Wolf and A.N.Other Wolf is my happy little fantasy world. I'm either dead at 10 or plunged back into paranoia for another day of fun. Let me have my happy dreams before either happens :D

I had no choice, the wolves now know I'm BG and therefore the village should too. Plus I couldn't take the chance of leaving the game without giving the Gert info. Then...Wendy and Doris are as good as confirmed from Gertrude's mispost. There seems to be a village core building and some clarity, are you against this?

Anyway Conor, I agree - I fully expect you to survive the munch. I would bet my future in the game on it if I could :pac:

Not at all, I suggested a reveal from roled players yesterday and people shot it down. This is exactly why I suggested it. I didn't realise there would be so many reveals but the strategy remains, the smaller you make the pool for wolves to hide the easier it is to catch them

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Please read, I have the convert...

Guys, I let the red mist descend with Conor yesterday and regret that. As well as that, afk had me too distracted from the game to read enough of this fast moving filly. I had to effectively go with a rough-hunch vote for lynch last night rather than any investigative work done through the day. Just not a great day in WW for me and I missed a bunch of posts.

Well now, I've spent the past few hours reading back over this thread properly - My stomach kinda dropped when I read that there was a convert and saw lots of posters surmising that it could be a wolf convert and Gale would be a likely candidate. Re-reading the OP, I get that too.

I'm not sure if I'll be around much this side of munch, and for reasons Gale knows himself, I fear that I will not be around the far side of munch. If I go, I cannot take this info with me...

Gale is Gertrude and my remaining D13 companion who I did previously trust, but definitely do not now since the conversion. Most of it were suspicions after re-reading overnight, but when I got to my D13 BR and re-read the posts in there - Gertrude's change in posting style and opinions definitely changed post-conversion. Much like how Gabriel's style changed for some reason after Tuesday night's lynch. Never mind that though, the kicker...

Gertrude misposted in our D13 backroom thinking she was posting in her new wolf den last night. 100% without doubt. I can't copy and paste, but everything else is fair game.

There are suggestions of her taking protection from their wolf BG but also not minding if the other wolves don't want her to stay hidden, there's her suggesting the possibility that Wendy could actually be Peeta covering for the real Katniss. Also, she follows the mispost up 10 minutes later with the post she actually meant to make to us in D13 and there is conflicting information between the 2. She hasn't noticed she made the mispost as of now. In her real post to D13, Gertrude is giving reasons to bow out of our thread and is feeling rundown, but in the mispost that was meant for her new family she was very enthusiastic, upbeat and looking to add life to their thread - I take that to mean it's fairly quiet over there in wolf-town and needs a lease of life.

It's 100% a mispost and I have made sure before posting this that I am not breaking a game or anything. I had high suspicions after reading about the conversion and knowing myself who Gale was, the mispost was only the kicker.

TLDR - Gertrude is Gale and your wolf convert. I am Boggs your BG, you may as well know that since the wolves certainly do by now because I told Gertrude and Clodagh in D13 yesterday pre-conversion.

Ah Brendan, I thought we were friends. This is why BR chat can be used against you!! I explained I was wired after an espresso and a hard workout. Also explained I couldn’t spent as much time on here because I was getting in trouble at home so you know I don’t have the time today to defend myself (or if I am on here, I am causing me more trouble at home) so well played.

I also explained to you why I didn’t come on thread but I see you left that out. It all seems to be coming into place now.

Village has -

Katniss with 2 kills and a BR with Peeta
    Peeta
    Priest
    App Priest
    BG
    Villager with trap

Wolves have supposedly
    2 players
    Me

Frank is going to have to explain how he said there was a dead RV because how could all those villagers be alive if one RV is dead? I’m guessing you did that to throw the wolves off, lucky you didn’t die before this is brought to light.

If I’m doing things right I won’t be around much to defend myself. I can see how the village has Stacked up. Like Phil and Brendan (BR) my head has been melted at bit and even when I asked Gab to quieten things down on day 2 so we could all catch up I kept allowing myself to get drawn back in and it does have a RL cost.

If I was a villager I would go with the current state of play. Kill me, kill Babs and take it from there. Even if I am good the village has the numbers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Totally get why you didn’t reveal before if that’s who you are Brendan and why you did now if you accidentally told a wolf in your back room. Your another that we will be waiting to see if there is a counter claim especially while not being in your br but again it’s believable.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

If Gertie is the convert then we are looking for two more wolves

@Wendy - you held back on whatever you had to say on Jake last nite, care to come forward now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Ah Brendan, I thought we were friends. This is why BR chat can be used against you!! I explained I was wired after an espresso and a hard workout. Also explained I couldn’t spent as much time on here because I was getting in trouble at home so you know I don’t have the time today to defend myself (or if I am on here, I am causing me more trouble at home) so well played.

I also explained to you why I didn’t come on thread but I see you left that out. It all seems to be coming into place now.

Village has -

Peeta
    Priest
    App Priest
    BG
    Villager with trap

Wolves have supposedly
    2 players
    Me

Frank is going to have to explain how he said there was a dead RV because how could all those villagers be alive if one RV is dead? I’m guessing you did that to throw the wolves off, lucky you didn’t die before this is brought to light.

If I’m doing things right I won’t be around much to defend myself. I can see how the village has Stacked up. Like Phil and Brendan (BR) my head has been melted at bit and even when I asked Gab to quieten things down on day 2 so we could all catch up I kept allowing myself to get drawn back in and it does have a RL cost.

If I was a villager I would go with the current state of play. Kill me, kill Babs and take it from there. Even if I am good the village has the numbers.

Are you talking about how he didn’t reveal Des in his reveal? If so he has since said Des was the seer

Village has -

Peeta
    Priest
    App Priest
    BG
    Villager with trap

Wolves have supposedly
    2 players
    Me

What? This makes no sense?

Villager with a trap isn't a role and could also be nonsense and Liam could be wolfin.

Village has -

Peeta
    Priest
    App Priest
    BG
    Villager with trap

Wolves have supposedly
    2 players
    Me

For the craic would you not just tell us who they are?

Not at all, I suggested a reveal from roled players yesterday and people shot it down. This is exactly why I suggested it. I didn't realise there would be so many reveals but the strategy remains, the smaller you make the pool for wolves to hide the easier it is to catch them

I noticed that in my overnight re-read, you spelling out a plan on thread in the hope of deceiving the wolves, then role back on it as others pointed out the obvious flaws.

Who the f**k is Beetee Latier?

Are ye people just making up names?

@Liam can we get some more info on this?

You've just thrown it out there with nothing else

Right so ive painstakenly re-written this from the BR. Liam can confirm its more or less what was said.

Its a riddle, so its hard to paraphrase a riddle.

Babs posted some songs last night
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    the hunger ganes youtube rabbit hole, well it was meh

not great from there musical people id have done way better

Ive saved the best one for my district, i do wish they had played 3 card monte its a great song

Barbara WW wrote: »

And then posted a link to Taylor Swifts YouTube page in our BR.

He then posted something like this:

Message 1:

The artist DieAntwoord is victorious after Tay Tay and that is all i can mention except Delores O Riordan's band, you two shall have to figure it out after that.

It was (synonym of enjoyable) in this (synonym of planet) going through the messages i received from deities, but (home store & more slogan).

After that, he posted what i am assuming is a word jumble, which i have re-typed and re-jumbled

Message 2:

people 2 me or have powers not to in see trust see dead that room

So; my analysis of that. I put on my devils advocate hat this morning and assumed Babs was on the level. I think he is hinting at being the priest, and that more than 1 person can see the priest room.

The songs and accompanying riddle, from what i can see, translate to 'The answer wins after Taylor swift; youll miss me when im gone'. The bits in red are the bits i have no clue about.

Id have to assume there is a reason Babs cant just come out and say whatever it is they want to say. Is there a power that would stop her? Or is it something evil?

Further analysis: Taking off my devils advocate hat, if the wolves have managed to claim priest through Frank, kill off almost every role and then claim those roles to no counters, then thats amazing and i dont know if there is much i can do to counter that. I also think its about as likely as how good things currently seem to be going for the village.

So on balance, i have to read Babs postings in our BR as nonsense and a distraction. If she was roled, she would have come out before now, i think.

Village has -

Peeta
    Priest
    App Priest
    BG
    Villager with trap

Wolves have supposedly
    2 players
    Me

Wait...I'm confused...are you denying it or confirming it?? We were friends until your conversion, then I had the Keyser Soze-coffee mug drop moment overnight and saw your mispost.

Hopefully we'll laugh about it all on a tennis court soon :D

Henry WW wrote: »
    If Gertie knows your protects why did you bother to hide them from us on thread.

Brendo, can you answer this please.

• Advertisement

I’m going to put this out there to be shot down but......

Given we now have two priests would it be a good time for Peeta, Gale and Kandiss to make themselves known.
    My thinking is that the wolves will prioritise getting the priests so we have a few days before yer in danger.
    It’s very verifiable Peeta/Gale post up here, Kandiss uses her next opportunity to pick them and then they can confirm they get a BR together?
    Even if we think the wolves will try and claim we could afford to Lynch one to prove they are who they say they are?

Thoughts

I think it’s f**king genius!

Becuase they are pretty much immune from being munched by the wolves, who will be busy with two priests.
    It could give us four lynches with a core group of four/five and narrows down the remaining group to lynch from

For reference heres my idea from yesterday, nothing about deceiving wolves, purely about narrowing down the pool from which the find the remaining wolves

Doris WW wrote: »
    Are you talking about how he didn’t reveal Des in his reveal? If so he has since said Des was the seer

As is said, I don’t have time to keep up. That’s fair enough.

Village has
    -Katniss + 2 kills
    -Peeta BR
    - priest
    - app Priest
    - BG
    - dead seer

Wolves get
    Gayle
    + 2 wolves

I really can’t spend the day arguing. Even if I’m bad village looks good for the win.

Henry I really hope you are bad cause I’ve always thought your interactions with Gab and in the
    CFD were odd among other things. You are right Wendy I do tunnel a lot but that I do that in games, keep voting for somebody who I don’t feel good about and want to keep them in the limelight if I am killed.

I’m clearly safe for this munch but you guys should commit to a strategy. Some of the panic and messy play was driving me nuts, pick me for tonight and talk about something else.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Morning guys. Sorry I couldn't interact last night, I was fully on the verge of divorce. I didn't follow along as much as I could on my phone, but I had not logged in as phil there so I couldn't post. I had thought about it heavily, as I sat on the jax pretending to be consitpated, that I could afford to post as my actual boards name, but out of respect to the mods I decided against it.

Wendy and Doris seem to me to be on the up and up.

BRENDO AND GERTRUDE! I knew they were goodies!!!! Fkkkkkkkk the wolves for stealing her. She was a great player!

Brendan. Absolute super stuff this morning. I need to fully catch up now for a few minutes but I'll chime in afterwads.

Also, to clarify my vote declaration last night was for clodagh, but at about 8:58 I changed to riona based on clodaghs ridiculous posting. I was afraid she'd be lynched and be an RV, so I had to change. I was only on the phone there, so couldn't post as a confirmation.

Im not. Im NRV (and have been all along Conor thank you very much - you seem to have forgotten that).

What? This makes no sense?

Villager with a trap isn't a role and could also be nonsense and Liam could be wolfin.

I was saying what it looks like the village has as the current narrative stands.

Why do i feel like Brendo and Gertie are both wolves and one is bussing the other. Someone pick holes in that for me please.

Im not. Im NRV (and have been all along Conor thank you very much - you seem to have forgotten that).

I haven't

Brendo, can you answer this please.

On the off-chance she didn't see the post where I said who I protected.

Gerty has apparently made quite a few mistakes in that BR so far, I was hoping that would be another.

By the way Henry, I like your questions, but your language is clearly trying to discredit me and/or throw shade. Why did I "hide" it from the thread.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Why do i feel like Brendo and Gertie are both wolves and one is bussing the other. Someone pick holes in that for me please.

Self resolving in 50 mins if brendo dies. If not, lets look at it then?

• Advertisement

As I said earlier Brendan and Angus are both un-verifiable claims

I'd like Barbara here to try and make sense of some of the nonsense going on in their BR

I think the munch this morning will tell us a lot

Advertisement