Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Patch 1.007 is out now.

Separates PvP from in game character.

Some data miners discover signs of DLC apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I hope we get some DLC before year end. A month or two break then dive into DLC be perfect👌

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Volume 1 of the Future Press guide arrived 🙂 unfortunately volume 2 is delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I suggest going for the Sekiro platinum if you have played it. Sekiro and Elden Ring are the only two platinums worth going for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I used to be friends with someone that would play all kinds of silly shite to get 1000/1000 points on games, I saw him playing a Hannah Montana and My Little Pony game once.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So I started playing this game two weeks ago and I am really enjoying the game mechanics. The combat controls feel a lot smoother than Dark Souls I think with multiple ways to fight an enemy now. I like that I can use my shield to block enemy attacks and then counterattack, or that I can hit an enemy with a strong attack to send him to his knees, or if it's a boss fight I can hit them with 3 consecutive strong attacks and then riposte them. The stealth mechanics are a nice touch, when I knock a guy off his horse I can also use ground executions, and even the parrying feels smoother too. I also like being able to use my horse in boss fights too. Pretty solid game.

Being the glutton for this game that I am I've managed to finish it a fifth time, this time with a new character rather than NG+.

40 levels lower and less than a third of the time it took me to finish it the first time, pretty happy with that even though I know some players finished about that time there first playthrough.

Strength character with a bit of faith toward the end. Played the whole thing with the grafted great sword once I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's not the DLC i was looking for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Cordell

I think, I hope, that's just to keep it interesting until the DLC is done.

At least it's free I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,295 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah although it's pretty much what everyone expected, it seems to just be PvP (or PPPvPPP). I'm sure I'll end up playing the game again at some stage so will check it out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I played this and put about 40 hours in when it came out but I faded away around Raya Lucaria for some reason. Now I've managed to get a friend to buy it and we were hoping to mostly co-op through the game (he's never played a FromSoft game). Started off with my character and was hoping to just guide him through most of the game until we're similar strength and both at Lucaria but we were getting absolutely destroyed with invaders. Constantly. To the point where it was impossible to make progress, and I'm not fully useless at the game nor do I get frustated too easily. So we had a go with the seamless co-op mod, which is grand but you'd really miss the little notes, ghosts and bloodstains lying around and it's annoying for me having to build a new character from scratch again...

Basically, is this seamless co-op mod the only real way to try and co-op this with a friend without getting constantly wrecked? I've never really tried to co-op through a From game before.

There isn't a way, without modding.

And with mods you have to play offline.

Found it frustrating at times myself, given I play on PS5 didn't even have the option of seamless coop.

The multiplayer aspect of FromSoftware games has always seemed pretty iffy in general.

Been a few of these animations from carbot, some of them are very good

Didn't realise just how much easier the game gets with Black Knife Tiche upgraded to +10. Absolutely blitzing through it now, just letting her pretty much do all the heavy lifting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I used her rather than the mimic tear. So much better. It's just the fight to get her is a ball buster if you don't cheese it.

Oh tell me about it. Alecto or whatever she's called was a nightmare. I basically just avoided her constantly till she did her not super charged jump attack, and stabbed her in the back.

Blitzed through a few bosses that had been giving me trouble there, and just approaching the capital now. Futher then i got on my previous playthrough. Following some guides for the quests though, as they are near impossible to complete without them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Mimic tear was particularly useful for my build. I was a battle mage in full armour, if I needed a melee tank I would take out the sword and shield before summoning. If I needed ranged DPS I would take out the staff. Worked great, will never forget my tear doing huge damage to the final boss with the moon summon.

Dung Eater is a pretty good summon if your willing to do the quests in a certain order to get him. I like making him my b***h given his character as well🤣

Was browsing the ER sub reddit the other day and came accross a post that said equip the Raw Meat Dumpling if you use Mimic Tear and the Mimic will use it to restore health, tried it the other day and it worked, I don't think summons take status damage so the Mimic doesn't get the poison proc the player would from eating it😮

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I nabbed this for €29.99 but now im scared :P

I found all the souls games too linear and i simply didnt have the patience to stick with them longterm.

However i love open world rpgs so hoping i can get into this once my wow addiction passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its a lot of game for 30 quid! I was hoping the remastered version of DS1 would be on sale but it's still full price, kinda crap sale imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I completely forgot that I played through this on the PS4 version as PS5 app was stuttery for me. Anyone know if that was fixed since release? Would be a good excuse to start up a new playthrough on ps5.

Never had any real trouble myself on the PS5 version. Been a few patches which have probably improved performance anyway so I imagine it should be fine.

Yeah seems to have been fine for the majority and I'm in no way an fps snob but the stuttering was jarring for me on the ps5 version to the point i couldn't enjoy the game properly. Thank **** i read about playing the ps4 pro version as it was night and day. Trying to see online if it was fixed, apparently you are lying if you say ps5 has poor performance or trying to be funny. Also seeing that if you find the ps4 pro version better, it's still the case after even the most recent update, strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Doesn't PS5 support VRR since the release of this game, so it should be better on a VRR display now. That was one advantage XBox SX had when this game first came out.

I think most FromSoftware games have that general issue, so I think most just accept it. Demons Souls remake was probably the best for performance but that was Bluepoint. I think Elden Ring's general performance was decent compared to Bloodborne and even Dark Souls 3 Remastered.

Given how often death and fast travel happens, I'd probably still go with the PS5 for the ssd loading and take the hit on occasional framerate drops, but that's a personal preference I guess.

• Advertisement

I've played all the souls games and never going the stuttering as bad in any of those as I did with Elden Ring. I thought i was going mad as most people were saying it was fine but i posted both versions side by side and for whatever reason, my ps5 version was just really bad. Maybe it's my telly, i dunno but will download it again to try it out.

Advertisement