Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Think I'm seeing double.

Glad to see interest in this story is waning as people move on with their lives. Can't see it surviving too much longer.

Those spectacles are a curious shade. You're pushing the hard sell, and not one rational person is buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,367 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

People clamouring for CCTV to be realised now that they realise the report found SFA. Laughable stuff. Glad to see interest in this story is waning as people move on with their lives. Can't see it surviving too much longer.

The Arts Minister couldn't avoid it as recently as yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The Arts Minister couldn't avoid it as recently as yesterday

She sounded pretty happy with the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Still no sign of the report, I'd say the CCTV footage will surface during the GE just to jog the electorates memory. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Are there many insuranc scammers over there?

Johnny currently on his business trip in China.

So why the reluctance to release it? Curious behaviour.

If you call that **** show of evasion as good PR for FG, you are deluded.

It's probably the jetlag from his China trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It really isn’t as big an issue as you 16 hour shift merchants make out. People are worried about Brexit - not some story about a backbencher TD making a balls of her career. Seamus and Siobhan Taxpayer know which side their bread is buttered on. That’s why FG and FF increased their share of the vote in the local and European elections.

• Advertisement

It really isn’t as big an issue as you 16 hour shift merchants make out. People are worried about Brexit - not some story about a backbencher TD making a balls of her career. Seamus and Siobhan Taxpayer know which side their bread is buttered on. That’s why FG and FF increased their share of the vote in the local and European elections.

Did somebody mention traditional FG arrogance that has led to their downfall many many times in the past, yet? Keep it up there Johnny, me old China! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Glad to see interest in this story is waning as people move on with their lives.

Someday Paddy that will be true, but it's not today and it won't be tomorrow. Too many people affected by the actions of the McDonaghs and Farrell's of this world.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So why the reluctance to release it? Curious behaviour.

She was happy with how she was coming out of that report.
    She might be the only one coming out ok in that report.
    Good reason not to publish it.

At this point, it doesnt matter anymore.
    Everybody has made up his and her mind already.

FG's competition have been given perfect election propaganda the last few weeks.
    Slogans like "We might be **** but look at those *****" are writing themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

She sounded very happy with how a report, no matter how scathing it's contents were about her and bailey wasn't going to be made public? Lol.

About as happy as a sex offender hearing his record was scrubbed by mistake I imagine.

It really isn’t as big an issue as you 16 hour shift merchants make out.

Funny coming from a guy posting at 3 am and then back on at 9 am. lol

inforfun wrote:
    FG's competition have been given perfect election propaganda the last few weeks. Slogans like "We might be **** but look at those *****" are writing themselves.

You're right, the clowns in FG have wrote the winning slogans for the opposition. Bailey and Farrell the gift that keeps giving despite what the Chuckle brothers claim. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

SOR on about school camp scammers now

Funny coming from a guy posting at 3 am and then back on at 9 am. lol

That’s 11 and 5 over here in the Orient, Plumb. Not saying I’m part of the jet set, but there’s a world outside small town Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The attempts at derailing the thread are getting more laughable.

But the attempts to bring up the “swing” story in every other thread in this godforsaken forum is just “serious business”?

You guys seem to be working in “shifts” at this stage. Have you no lives, jobs, partners? I guess it’s somewhat admirable, if not misguided” to be so devoted to “the cause”.

I’d say it must have been killing some of you having to let that Drew Harris “expenses” story go. I know some of you have a bit of a “hate horn” for that lad.

Oh, by the way, this thread went two hours without a “bump” there the other day. Considering the standards you’ve gotten to that is just poor, come on lads, twenty minutes, twenty five tops, in future please. The summer recess is fast approaching. Tick-tock, tick-tock.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That’s 11 and 5 over here in the Orient, Plumb. Not saying I’m part of the jet set, but there’s a world outside small town Ireland.

I'm delighted to see you are still up and active JF as ai think you missed my questions to you earlier?

To whit.
    banie01 wrote: »
    What sanction do you think is warranted for the bould Maria?

Can you discuss that?
    Will you use both of your votes in the next G.E to try keep her in?
    Will you support any bid to deselect her and at least try and ferret, if not a more honest politician out of Dun laoighre, at least a better liar?

• Advertisement

You were already caught out telling porkies dude, I know it's a FG trait but you can conquer it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I was under the impression social media and forums such as these were not accessible on the internet in China.

Odd that.

But the attempts to bring up the “swing†story in every other thread in this godforsaken forum is just “serious business�
    You read the thread title dude. Nice to see the third memo if the Chuckle brothers is here.
    You guys seem to be working in “shifts†at this stage. Have you no lives, jobs, partners? I guess it’s somewhat admirable, if not misguided†to be so devoted to “the causeâ€.
    Ad hominem as usual.
    I’d say it must have been killing some of you having to let that Drew Harris “expenses†story go. I know some of you have a bit of a “hate horn†for that lad.
    Nothing got to do with this thread. No idea what you are waffling about.
    Oh, by the way, this thread went two hours without a “bump†there the other day. Considering the standards you’ve gotten to that is just poor, come on lads, twenty minutes, twenty five tops, in future please. The summer recess is fast approaching. Tick-tock, tick-tock.

As long as people are facing high premia the story is relevant. Try harder dude. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

But the attempts to bring up the “swing” story in every other thread in this godforsaken forum is just “serious business”?

You guys seem to be working in “shifts” at this stage. Have you no lives, jobs, partners? I guess it’s somewhat admirable, if not misguided” to be so devoted to “the cause”.

I’d say it must have been killing some of you having to let that Drew Harris “expenses” story go. I know some of you have a bit of a “hate horn” for that lad.

Oh, by the way, this thread went two hours without a “bump” there the other day. Considering the standards you’ve gotten to that is just poor, come on lads, twenty minutes, twenty five tops, in future please. The summer recess is fast approaching. Tick-tock, tick-tock.

What has any of that got to do with Leo Vradkar and Fine Gael keeping insurance scammers in the parliamentary party and tacitly condoning their dishonest behaviour?

What has any of that got to do with Leo Vradkar and Fine Gael keeping insurance scammers in the parliamentary party and tacitly condoning their dishonest behaviour?

Deflection and derailment tactics used by those who see no wrong in Bailey's actions or those of Alan Farrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hes in China looking into the possibility of manufacturing adult sized swings with handrails and seatbelts. Even the Chinese are stumped.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can't decide if Emmet gets paid by the word or per inverted comma...... Still welcome back no3.

Deflection and derailment tactics used by those who see no wrong in Bailey's actions or those of Alan Farrell.

There was plenty wrong with Bailey’s actions. This thread jumped the shark weeks ago though, and is now about a few ghouls with their virtual pitchforks trying to keep this going. It’s actually weird to see as an outsider; as it makes one wonder what is actually going on in your lives to make this something you care so passionately about.

Anyways, I’m off for a feed of roast duck and lager. Keep her lit, lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

There was plenty wrong with Bailey’s actions. This thread jumped the shark weeks ago though, and is now about a few ghouls with their virtual pitchforks trying to keep this going. It’s actually weird to see as an outsider; as it makes one wonder what is actually going on in your lives to make this something you care so passionately about.

Anyways, I’m off for a feed of roast duck and lager. Keep her lit, lads.

Don’t forget the comical efforts of a conveyer belt of FG spin bits coming in with the whataboutery and how dare we be poking our noses into private FG matters

Comical efforts by the way

• Advertisement

Genuine question but what is with posters like you (and that includes your alter egos) that your only means if commenting is to attack the poster instead of the comment. You really have nothing to ad so it is strange why you even bother. Pathetic behaviour.
    As for your claims about China, you're as much there as Bailey and Farrell are honest individuals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement