Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

is_that_so wrote: »
    Their vote share was up by just over 1% and they still gained 20 seats so clearly not that pronounced.

We can only Imagine what it might have been like if Maria's infamous interview had of been aired before polling day .....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

We can only Imagine what it might have been like if Maria's infamous interview had of been aired before polling day .....

Hard to say but voters in locals have other issues on their mind. It's more about personalities and who you know. They generally do tend to favour non-government parties as a form of protest. Even though they gained FG had a higher target in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Oliver doesn't like Leo.
    Plenty don't like Leo, he certainly wasn't the choice if the grassroots of FG.
    Well I'm shocked...... Shocked I tells ya

Any thoughts on the article, is Oliver wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Paschal Donohoe said FG estimated that it cost them 150 - 200 votes in each local election constituency. From memory Maria did the SO'R interview on the Monday after the locals and it only blew up since then so it would have to be a lot more now.
    Their vote share was up by just over 1% and they still gained 20 seats so clearly not that pronounced.
    But how could it be that pronounced, it only blew up on the Monday after the elections. A good percentage of my friends never heard of Maria Bailey before then whereas she was the main topic of my WhatsApp groups subsequently.

Hard to say but voters in locals have other issues on their mind. It's more about personalities and who you know. They generally do tend to favour non-government parties as a form of protest. Even though they gained FG had a higher target in mind.

It's not that hard to say. Various TDs, minister's and MEPS had no problems saying it.
    While the Taoiseach is playing up the idea of a general election this year, many in his party believe the local elections have dealt them a serious blow.

Fine Gael will gain local authority seats compared with the drubbing received in 2014.

However, the party has performed well below expectations and will lose the popular vote to Fianna F.

Specifically about Maria.
    Adding to his woes is a meeting he plans with Maria Bailey this week. She has dropped her compensation claim over a fall from a swing - but TDs believe the controversy cost Fine Gael seats. It is understood Mr Varadkar is minded to refer the episode to Fine Gael's executive council, which has the power to expel her from the party for a period of time.

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    But how could it be that pronounced, it only blew up on the Monday after the elections. A good percentage of my friends never heard of Maria Bailey before then whereas she was the main topic of my WhatsApp groups subsequently.
    I was responding to the comment that suggested it affected them in the election.

It's not that hard to say. Various TDs, minister's and MEPS had no problems saying it.

Specifically about Maria.

My point is that they gained seats and looking at some of the councillors that emerge there are a lot of other local factors at work. A lot of the rest of what you've linked to is supposition. An election this year has always been uncertain whereas 2020 looks almost a given. If they were forced into an election in September she would be dropped but there would certainly be an effect. FF might end up as the largest party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Please tell me you're serious about broadsheet, I'll make a point of quitting work for the afternoon, to digest it in all its glory, then post my thoughts on it here. You're welcome to join me. :)

Nah, dude, I’ve real work to do. Wouldn’t have time to spend all day on Boards giving out about stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Nah, dude, I’ve real work to do. Wouldn’t have time to spend all day on Boards giving out about stuff.

Says a fger on boards at 09h39

Pull the other one. You were posting at 3am, you seem to be on watch 24 hours a day.

• Advertisement

Pull the other one. You were posting at 3am, you seem to be on watch 24 hours a day.

I’m in China, Bertie. Over here on important company business.

lol.......

Dr. Mitty, I presume. I'm in Antarctica drilling through the ice cap, importing blue water for the Arabs.

Oh ffs so also a spoofing fger. Nuff said

What? Being in China isn’t exactly unusual. There’s a direct flight from Dublin to Shenzhen. Some of us are captains of industry you know. People who make money and pay tax. Some of ye should try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

By "China" do you mean your Mother's spare room?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭gifted

What? Being in China isn’t exactly unusual. There’s a direct flight from Dublin to Shenzhen. Some of us are captains of industry you know. People who make money and pay tax. Some of ye should try it.

So your a trolley dolly?? Lol lol

I'll get my coat...

I do be over there from time to time myself - trade shows and what have you.

Didn't you say you were only home from China two weeks ago? Maybe you meant to say "the China inn restaurant"?

Stay away from duck tongue for breakfast, horrible stuff, but the Chinese lad staying with us ate it like I'd be at the Clonakilty pudding.

The attempts at derailing the thread are getting more laughable.

You have no idea of my circumstances, so please refrain from being presumptuous. Just one thing I will say, I am sick and tired of being screwed more and more by this shambolic government, and then some of their members aren’t happy with their exorbitant pay, they try to make false insurance claims also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

So after the FG internal review is published, will the CCTV?
    We already know Josepha Madigan is very satisfied with what the FG review says about her, why wouldn't she be?
    Would she be equally happy if the cctv footage was released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Are there many insurance scammers over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Suckit wrote: »
    Would she be equally happy if the cctv footage was released?
    I would imagine that her family's law firm would vigorously threaten legal action if that possibility arose.

But then again, I am only speculating.
    And I am only speculating because the report is hidden away from the general public.

Kivaro wrote: »
    I would imagine that her family's law firm would vigorously threaten legal action if that possibility arose.

But then again, I am only speculating.
    And I am only speculating because the report is hidden away from the general public.

That's why there should be a Garda investigation, public representatives involved in insurance fraud against a private business?

How that is internal party business is anyone's guess tbh.

Insurance fraud is illegal, no matter how the spin bots try and say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

That's why there should be a Garda investigation, public representatives involved in insurance fraud against a private business?

How that is internal party business is anyone's guess tbh.

Insurance fraud is illegal, no matter how the spin bots try and say otherwise.

When this report is leaked it needs to be kept in mind who paid for it and who set the terms of reference. A Garda/dpp investigation would be the best way to put this issue to bed, anything else is only FG controlled spin.

Are there many insuranc scammers over there?

I don’t know, pal. There’s 1.2 billion of them and I only know the words for hello, thanks, premium cigarettes, and ‘more beer’.

Which operates on a Friday morning if I'm not mistaken, once a week.

Now considering you had a feed of Guinness and garlic mushrooms and cheeseburger from a chipper a few days ago, that's some going.

Hero.

Now considering you had a feed of Guinness and garlic mushrooms and cheeseburger from a chipper in China a few days ago, that's some going.

Hero.

I’m saying there’s a flight from Dublin to China, John. I didn’t say I took it. All I was implying was that China isn’t exactly an exotic destination for us more urbane sorts. There’d be a cohort around here that would begrudge you even that.

Are you suggesting he's a liar? Perfect fit for FG so. He'll be at home with Farrell and Bailey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

People clamouring for CCTV to be realised now that they realise the report found SFA. Laughable stuff. Glad to see interest in this story is waning as people move on with their lives. Can't see it surviving too much longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement