Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

_blaaz wrote: »
    Its mostly going to be spent on HAP

So fanny all into new units then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Heard him today day we’re investing 2.6 billion in social housing this year, the biggest the state has ever done.

So 2.6 billion being spent on Social housing, I missed it. Have you a link or breakdown of where the money will be spent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

So 2.6 billion being spent on Social housing, I missed it. Have you a link or breakdown of where the money will be spent?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/number-of-new-social-homes-on-target-minister-for-housing-1.3792984%3fmode=amp

“The department also says that construction figures from December show a further 5,000 social homes are currently being built across 291 sites. It says the supply of such homes has been enabled by €2 billion investment in social housing in 2018, with €2.4 billion expected to be invested in 2019”

But yeah there is zero social houses been built , neo liberals, TD landlords something something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/number-of-new-social-homes-on-target-minister-for-housing-1.3792984%3fmode=amp

“The department also says that construction figures from December show a further 5,000 social homes are currently being built across 291 sites. It says the supply of such homes has been enabled by €2 billion investment in social housing in 2018, with €2.4 billion expected to be invested in 2019”

But yeah there is zero social houses been built , neo liberals, TD landlords something something.
    The number of new social homes built last year is roughly on target, with over 4,000 provided by councils, approved housing bodies and private contributions.

So no.actual figure built by councils....its bizzare you missed first paragraph?

So no.actual figure built by councils....its bizzare you missed first paragraph?

?

I never mentioned councils.

Does it matter as long as houses are been built.

Another stupid point put forward to try take away from the facts that 2.6 billion is been spent in social housing this year.

This is on the back of people like yourself who claim every day here the government spend nothing on housing and don’t care.

You get away with constant lies, fake stories and rants with nothing to back it up.

You will reply calling me a shill or how much am I been paid by FG.

Its so boring but you are never pulled up on it and it goes around and around.

I’m not surprised seems the journal.ie and boards are owned by the same group who constantly push an anti government agenda daily all lapped up by people who believe water meters give you cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You get away with constant lies, fake stories and rants with nothing to bank it up.

Heard him today day we’re investing 2.6 billion in social housing this year, the biggest the state has ever done.

Given that Éamon de Valera's governments in the Depression and real poverty of the 1930s built a staggering 132,000 houses for Ireland's poor, and in the process obliterated much of the notorious slums of Dublin, I highly doubt this.

The entire concept of building social housing, and the skills this state had in its local authorities for generations to build them, is now akin to a communist idea in a modern Ireland that is suffocated by this "Let's make the rich richer" far right neo-liberal economics. The mainstream in Ireland is far, far, far more economically rightwing today than it was in 1970 or even 1980 or even 1990. FG's housing policy embodies this shift very, very well.

Where have i ever said anything like this

Why are you making stuff up??

Fcuking headcase loser you are...accusing people.of lying for asking simple questions....screaming and accusing me of fake news when i have done no such thing

Is tbis how yous always shout down debate scream fake news and accuse everyone of lying....what a patethic effort of a poster you are.....where have i ever accused government of anything....im a fxuking FG voter...you gowl

Haha job done here:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Keep it civil folks.

What is this supposed to.mean

Any hope youll stand over your false accusations againest me...or just hide behind emojis as usual when youve been called out for lying

Hardman...you are accusing others lying and running to mods when called on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

For someone who proclaims no particular loyalty to FG, you always seem to appear on every thread mentioning them to stick up for them and attack other posters.

You're nothing if not consistent.

What is this supposed to.mean

Any hope youll stand over your false accusations againest me...or just hide behind emojis as usual when youve been called out for lying

Hardman...you are accusing others lying and running to mods when called on it

Hardman?

You’re the one ranting and raving like a child.

Calm down it might never happen:)

By the way your ninja delete of your little tantrum was too late:)

Ah this is turning out to be a good day after all:)

Hardman?

You’re the one ranting and raving like a child.

Calm down it might never happen:)

Meh....any hope youll stand over your lies and accusations againest me

Why make stuff up??
    Is.your arguement so lacking in substance you habe to flat out lie to make it fit

Your one running about wailing about people lying...yet whem yous do it...you run to mods and hide behind emojis as you havnt a leg to stamd on as regards your lies

Lies,lies and fake accusations is all you have to bring to table....i broadly support the governmeny and yet here yous are lying and accusing me of all sorts...how is that

The 'wheels' are in danger of coming off this thread. I seem to remember a massively entitled Fine Gael TD trying to skim the system.

Why make stuff up??
    Is.your arguement so lacking in substance you habe to flat out lie to make it fit

Well I’m not deleting posts here.

Which shows me you are in fact a liar and don’t know your arse from your elbow.

Why make stuff up??

Your one running about wailing about people lying...yet whem yous do it...you run to mods and hide behind emojis as you havnt a leg to stamd on as regards your lies

Your spelling is all over the place tonight.

Are you ok?

Well I’m not deleting posts here.

Which shows me you are in fact a liar and don’t know your arse from your elbow.

Meh....i deletes the post as was told to

Now...how about yous stand over your lies as regards me

Meh....i deletes the post as was told to

Now...how about yous stand over your lies as regards me

What lies?

Mods tell you to delete posts????

First I’ve heard of it.

Your spelling is all over the place tonight.

Are you ok?

Anything you need to do to avoid standing over your lies as regards me...i suppose....whatever works for you

What lies?

Mods tell you to delete posts????

First I’ve heard of it.

This lie :This is on the back of people like yourself who claim every day here the government spend nothing on housing and don’t care.

When have i ever done such a thing....or will you hide behind emojis to avoid standing over your accusations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wheeliebin getting himself very worked up over a political party he's never going to vote for again......

Maria's still there, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Absolute ridiculous comparison.

Labour and material costs for one.

The children’s hospital costs includes the satellite clinics been built in blanch and tallaght.

Also all the machines, scanners, x ray machines beds, etc is included.

Oh and the 40 million FF wasted when they pulled out of the mater site when they were previously on power.

None of that exists in the Burj Khalifa.

This is a children’s hospital not a building with nothing in it except rooms.

Low Working Conditions:
    It probably comes as no surprise that workers received extremely low pay in return for risking their lives to build the $1.5 billion USD tower. Around 10,000-12,000 workers, mostly poor migrants from South Asia, built the Burj. With no laws governing minimum wages in the United Arab Emirates, some workers reported making less than $10 USD a day, according to a Human Rights Watch Study. It is also common practice for employers in Dubai to confiscate workers’ passports so they won’t leave the country before they’ve completed their duties.

Number of On-site Deaths:
    Although many safety precautions were taken in the construction of the Burj Khalifa, it seems almost impossible that there was only one reported construction fatality. According to a spokesman for the developer, Emaar, a man fell to his death in 2007. However, the Human Rights Watch Study speculated that this was a cover-up, omitting deaths related to “heat exhaustion, overwork and suicide.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

You plumped for a guy largely on the basis of his strong media performances and you're shocked he's turned out to be image-obsessed?:confused:

Nope. His performance suggested that he had an intellect and was dynamic and articulate. Both were qualities that I'd rather like my country's Leader to possess. Obviously, I disregarded his performance as Minister for Health since it very clear that there isn't a politician on this planet who could drain that particular swamp.

But I haven't "plumped" for him yet - and I didn't support his Party's candidates in the recent Euro and Council elections.

Ideally, I wouldn't be voting for his party in the coming general election either, however, given the genuinely appalling alternatives available in my rural constituency, it may be difficult to avoid voting for a FG candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Villa05

I've tried hard to explain to them that a hospital costs what it costs, but they appear to be congenitally incapable of grasping that fact.

It will cost twice as much as the most expensive built to date anywhere in the world on a per bed costing model

That is some achievement. Please get off the swing trying to defend this level of incompetence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Sajid Javid

Its a sad state of affairs when FG resorts to the Product Placement of a wheeliebin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Its a sad state of affairs when FG resorts to the Product Placement of a wheeliebin.

The wheels have come off the FG wheelie bin. The spin was a load of toxic waste, non-recyclable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Villa05 wrote: »
    It will cost twice as much as the most expensive built to date anywhere in the world on a per bed costing model

That is some achievement. Please get off the swing trying to defend this level of incompetence.

What worries me more, is that these billions of euro are being sucked out of our economy, after being on our knees for so many years, only to be integrated into the already disgraceful shambles called our health service.

klaaaz wrote: »
    The wheels have come off the FG wheelie bin. The spin was a load of toxic waste, non-recyclable!

Oh dear.

Oh dear.

Any sign of you standing over your lies

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I’m trying to wrap my head around this.
    How the port tunnnel, at 4.5 kilometres long and built underground underneath houses and motorways and infrastructure, in our largest city, came in at €850 million,
    Yet this children’s hospital is spiralling ever upwards into billions? And possibly might never get built now if we have a change of government

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement