Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland League 2019-2020 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Is it just me and my local knowledge or is there way more players skipping Leinster league than usual this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Stainalert

That's a serious win by Terenure. No doubt Clontarf were missing a few but even still.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Nure looking impressive. A good Terenure side is scary for the league compared to where they were last year. Have to assume Hinch, Cookies and UCD/Garryowen will be in or around bottom half of table.
    Wouldnt be so sure. Munster's have signed a lot and will be stronger this year.
    Is it just me and my local knowledge or is there way more players skipping Leinster league than usual this year?
    Is there? Havent seen too many team lists yet but are many clubs looking deeper in squads for players to play this time year?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

wouldn't read to much into any of those results really, Terenure new coaches new systems back early and missing 2/3 starters at most other clubs missing 8/9/10 so they are taking per-season very seriously other clubs less so for a variety of reasons and building towards AIL. Results to watch are the ones the week before AIL especially if in same divisions. Although I do believe Terenure will be strong this year, UCD have stumbled across a settled team as all academy players unavailable and the so called less glamorous players getting a chance and are doing well under a new coaching set up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    wouldn't read to much into any of those results really, Terenure new coaches new systems back early and missing 2/3 starters at most other clubs missing 8/9/10 so they are taking per-season very seriously other clubs less so for a variety of reasons and building towards AIL. Results to watch are the ones the week before AIL especially if in same divisions. Although I do believe Terenure will be strong this year, UCD have stumbled across a settled team as all academy players unavailable and the so called less glamorous players getting a chance and are doing well under a new coaching set up as well.

UCD will never have a bad team, so many good young players in Leinster particularly but they also get them from farther afield. Do not need Academy players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    UCD will never have a bad team, so many good young players in Leinster particularly but they also get them from farther afield. Do not need Academy players

UCD have had many bad teams but have always had very good players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

So apparently there's going to be a couple of hockey games on in donnybrook in November. Wesleys firsts are away that weekend I think but their other teams might be affected and Bective too.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

D14Rugby wrote: »
    So apparently there's going to be a couple of hockey games on in donnybrook in November. Wesleys firsts are away that weekend I think but their other teams might be affected and Bective too.

Surely the 4g surface in the brook would be too soft for hockey to be played on?

Lucas44 wrote: »
    Surely the 4g surface in the brook would be too soft for hockey to be played on?

They're dropping a hockey pitch onto it, like they did this summer at the stoop in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭luke9311

D14Rugby wrote: »

Internation games or local club level with local clubs near to donnybrook playing their games there do yeno?

• Advertisement

luke9311 wrote: »
    Internation games or local club level with local clubs near to donnybrook playing their games there do yeno?

Women's Olympic qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Peter Claffey after signing for Terenure from Buccs

Gearoid Lyons, ex of Young Munster and Nottingham playing for Clontarf today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Senior League: Corinthians 7 Sligo 24, Galwegians 17 Buccs 29

Gearoid Lyons, ex of Young Munster and Nottingham playing for Clontarf today

Tadgh McElroy play do you know?

Tadgh McElroy play do you know?

As far as I know he didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Gatekeeper23

Heard Naas are offsetting their loss of Cillian Dempsey to St.Marys by contacting various players just out of 20s in Dublin with nice offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Heard Naas are offsetting their loss of Cillian Dempsey to St.Marys by contacting various players just out of 20s in Dublin with nice offers.

What’s a nice offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Mary's really are so up and down, didnt they get hosed by UCD and then beat Tarf in a high scoring game? I wonder where they'll finish up in 1B. Tarf have been struggling, have they been playing 20s/J1s in the Senior League? I'm sure they'll pull it together anyway come October.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    What’s a nice offer?

Accommodation etc

• Advertisement

Mary's really are so up and down, didnt they get hosed by UCD and then beat Tarf in a high scoring game? I wonder where they'll finish up in 1B. Tarf have been struggling, have they been playing 20s/J1s in the Senior League? I'm sure they'll pull it together anyway come October.

Don’t know the ins and outs of tarf players that came and go this season but I just know Finlay is working abroad (England I think could be wrong tho) and Mick McGrath went to malahide Mick alone would be a big loss in their team strength wise but they should still be a decent enough side to compete even without him then again it’s hard to know if some teams are taking Leinster league serious or not tho around this time of year...

Don’t know the ins and outs of tarf players that came and go this season but I just know Finlay is working abroad (England I think could be wrong tho) and Mick McGrath went to malahide Mick alone would be a big loss in their team strength wise but they should still be a decent enough side to compete even without him then again it’s hard to know if some teams are taking Leinster league serious or not tho around this time of year...

I think Tarf would have been without Mick McGrath for a good bit of season anyway with 7s commitments.

Gearoid Lyons is a good bit of business, I think they have quite a few lads late back from J1s, so late back into the groove of the season if that makes sense. I think a few of their j1 lads went to Suttonians too, I know Conor Jennings did for sure.

Accommodation etc

To be fair to Naas they have had a big turnover of players. Dempsey gone to Marys

Johnny Murphy and Fionn Carr retiring, I think they have two of their main backs gone traveling and their 8 and 1 did their cruciates toward the end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Callmedeece15

To be fair to Naas they have had a big turnover of players. Dempsey gone to Marys

Johnny Murphy and Fionn Carr retiring, I think they have two of their main backs gone traveling and their 8 and 1 did their cruciates toward the end of last season.

Have heard from a good source that they went in strongly for Jordan Coghlan to replace Paulie, the logic being that he isn't expected to get much gametime over in Leicester and that he might fancy a move home if the offer was right. Added to the fact he went to school nearby they were pretty confident but they must not have managed to get the deal over the line.

Shows good intent and I'd expect them to keep looking for a high level replacement based on this.

Have heard from a good source that they went in strongly for Jordan Coghlan to replace Paulie, the logic being that he isn't expected to get much gametime over in Leicester and that he might fancy a move home if the offer was right. Added to the fact he went to school nearby they were pretty confident but they must not have managed to get the deal over the line.

Shows good intent and I'd expect them to keep looking for a high level replacement based on this.

Heard they were in for some big names alright, so this doesn't surprise me given they have lost so many.

Also rumoured to have made Craig Ronaldson one of their top targets for the coming season after being released from Connacht. A smart acquisition by all accounts having lost Hastie, Murphy and Carr - with Ronaldson's father a former Naas player. Would be v exciting to see him in the green and white hoops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Heard they were in for some big names alright, so this doesn't surprise me given they have lost so many.

Also rumoured to have made Craig Ronaldson one of their top targets for the coming season after being released from Connacht. A smart acquisition by all accounts having lost Hastie, Murphy and Carr - with Ronaldson's father a former Naas player. Would be v exciting to see him in the green and white hoops!!

Ronaldson has signed for Lansdowne

I was told they had James Connolly, ex Connacht, who did play a little for them last season and is a local lad all lined up and then Nottingham came in.

Ronaldson to Lansdowne is a bit of kick in the balls for Hastie I would imagine, especially with Harry Byrne there too. Although I did hear Rondaldson might be going to the USA.

Yeah would be interesting fair bit of travel for Jordan though as he’s from raheny way and tarf would have been his club growing up so would be abit of a stretch distance wise for him I’d imagine.

I was told they had James Connolly, ex Connacht, who did play a little for them last season and is a local lad all lined up and then Nottingham came in.

Ronaldson to Lansdowne is a bit of kick in the balls for Hastie I would imagine, especially with Harry Byrne there too. Although I did hear Rondaldson might be going to the USA.

Been honest with World Cup etc hard to see Harry been used much in the ail even last season he didn’t play as much 2-3 games max I remember off the top of my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Been honest with World Cup etc hard to see Harry been used much in the ail even last season he didn’t play as much 2-3 games max I remember off the top of my head

With Frawley injured for the first two months, and Sexton likely to be wrapped in cotton wool until the 6 Nations, he'll be in the 23 for Leinster up until Christmas more than likely if not after.

Advertisement