Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland League 2019-2020 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

John Sutton gone to Cork Con from Buccaneers

Ryan Foley and Tomás Quinlan back there too

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

John Sutton gone to Cork Con from Buccaneers

Ryan Foley and Tomás Quinlan back there too

Gearoid Lyons to Tarf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Stainalert wrote: »
    To be fair Rock tend to have a very strong connection with Willow Park at youths/mini level

And have fielded under age teams regularly for a couple of years now but might be a few more until that is seen to have paid off at U20's level

Some of the short to medium term planning leaves a lot to be desired. In fairness, it's a hard sell. Bottom of the Pile in 20's, slipping down the AIL. Hopefully Blaney can work the oracle again because in fairness some of the more recent long term planning and facilities investment has been really good.

Neal Moylett gone from Ballina to Lansdowne.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Neal Moylett gone from Ballina to Lansdowne.
    Loss for Ballina.
    Will assume work as reason for move?

Lot of games on Thursday before plenty more over weekend.
    Nenagh Young Munster in Charity Cup, Midleton Sundays Well in Charity Shield
    Leinster Senior Cup Barnhall v UCD, Lansdowne v Terenure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Loss for Ballina.
    Will assume work as reason for move?

Moving to university in Dublin

Lansdowne 7 Terenure 23

Terenure full value for the win. A few new faces I didn’t know, but the centres were the Glenstal College captain from last year and Deegan, who used to play for Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭luke9311

Lansdowne 7 Terenure 23

Terenure full value for the win. A few new faces I didn’t know, but the centres were the Glenstal College captain from last year and Deegan, who used to play for Shannon

Yeah hard to argue against that tbh. Lansdowne never got going although I thought Conal Doherty in Centre done well for his first outing with Lansdowne. First time in a long while I seen nure travel with big support to Lansdowne rd

Any other results from tonight?
    Young Munster beat Nenagh 22-6

Any other results from tonight?
    Young Munster beat Nenagh 22-6

Barnhall 14 UCD 31 in the other Senior Cup game.

Why are Barnhall in this, when the other 3 teams are 1A?

• Advertisement

Barnhall 14 UCD 31 in the other Senior Cup game.

Why are Barnhall in this, when the other 3 teams are 1A?
    They decided to enter the cup and fair play to them for doing it. Not enough clubs in Leinster do. Leinster senior cup could be a great competition but no clubs enter it anymore which is a great shame

They decided to enter the cup and fair play to them for doing it. Not enough clubs in Leinster do. Leinster senior cup could be a great competition but no clubs enter it anymore which is a great shame

Fair enough, didn’t mean it to be dismissive of them, more just it didn’t stack up compared to the other 3.

Fair enough, didn’t mean it to be dismissive of them, more just it didn’t stack up compared to the other 3.
    Fair enough

Interesting to see Limerick rugby coverage of YM Nenagh game. Nearly all scorers were new signings for the cookies and theyve a few other signings as well having went all round Limerick and north munster looking for players
    http://limerickrugby.ie/young-munster-beat-nenagh-to-reach-another-charity-cup-final/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Lansdowne 7 Terenure 23

Can't argue with that. Terenure were well organised and their blitz defence was very good. The young centre looked like a very decent prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken

Fair enough

Interesting to see Limerick rugby coverage of YM Nenagh game. Nearly all scorers were new signings for the cookies and theyve a few other signings as well having went all round Limerick and north munster looking for players
    http://limerickrugby.ie/young-munster-beat-nenagh-to-reach-another-charity-cup-final/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    Evan Cusack came from Thomond will be interesting if he can hold his place when League gets going

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken

Stainalert wrote: »
    Can't argue with that. Terenure were well organised and their blitz defence was very good.

The young centre looked like a very decent prospect.
    Robbie Deegan is a fine 12 had a lot of injury problems with Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Jesus Terenure are going to be spoilt for choice at 12&13 this season if they had two new lads playing there last night, will be very interesting to see who they settle on as first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

On a side note RE: Lansdowne vs. Terenue.

I'm surprised the ref signed off on the kits on the night. It was very hard to tell between the 2 sides under lights as Lansdowne were out of their usual colours.

Interestingly, I am not sure on so maybe someone in the know could confirm what powers, if any, the ref has to compel a side to wear a different kit. Can't quite see in the laws. Suppose it would be in the comp regs....

GavMan wrote: »

I'm surprised the ref signed off on the kits on the night. It was very hard to tell between the 2 sides under lights as Lansdowne were out of their usual colours.

Interestingly, I am not sure on so maybe someone in the know could confirm what powers, if any, the ref has to compel a side to wear a different kit. Can't quite see in the laws. Suppose it would be in the comp regs....

Yea jerseys made things pretty confusing alright. Pretty sure the ref has the right to insist on a different set of jerseys for the home team if he feels it is necessary

• Advertisement

GavMan wrote: »

Yeah ref can make the home team change. Assume Lansdowne were in their new black and white kit? And Terenure in purple black and white? Allowing that is mental

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Pictures up on Lansdowne facebook. Both look very similar. Whats the reason behind their new kit?

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Yeah ref can make the home team change. Assume Lansdowne were in their new black and white kit? And Terenure in purple black and white? Allowing that is mental

Yeah lansdowne had the black and white stripe jersey this time while nure were in their usual. Dunno if its a trial jersey or what or if its the new home or away jersey for them this season i dunno as i do recall last year around this time lansdowne played in ballycorus v tarf and played a black jersey but was never really used after that....

Pictures up on Lansdowne facebook. Both look very similar. Whats the reason behind their new kit?

Away Jersey. Have changed kit suppliers and waiting on home jersey to arrive.

Just looking at the pictures and its not too bad in them but I know that pitch can be a lot darker in person than in pictures so I'd say in person it could have been hard to tell them apart. Also the numbers on the Lansdowne kit are seriously hard to see. Probably a contractual thing, has to be worn once a season to get an alternate kit and best do it in a competition nobody cares about, or maybe the new home jersey hasn't arrived yet?

So apparently Tim Murphy hasn’t gone to UCD.... good for Lansdowne none the less

Leinster League Cup this week:

Friday

St Mary's v UCD
    Lansdowne v Naas

Saturday
    Terenure v Clontarf

Connacht senior league tomorrow Buccs v Corinthians and Sunday Ballina Galwegians
    Munster senior cup this weekend
    Friday Nenagh v Cashel
    Saturday
    Bruff v Sundays Well, Dolphin v Clonmel, Midleton v UL Bohs
    Cork Charity Cup Final Cork Con v Highfield in Con 1pm

Leinster League Cup all divisions
    Lansdowne Naas, Blackrock Old Belvedere, Skerries Malahide, Marys UCD tomorrow
    Saturday: Terenure Clontarf, Navan Tullamore, Barnhall Wanderers

Enniscorthy Greystones friendly

Just seen the Terenure Clontarf result, that's a shock. Anyone any ideas on the teams they each had out? The Mary's UCD game was a shock too considering UCD normally take a while to get going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Just seen the Terenure Clontarf result, that's a shock. Anyone any ideas on the teams they each had out? The Mary's UCD game was a shock too considering UCD normally take a while to get going

Nure looking impressive. A good Terenure side is scary for the league compared to where they were last year. Have to assume Hinch, Cookies and UCD/Garryowen will be in or around bottom half of table.

Advertisement