Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland League 2019-2020 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Any names as to who they have recruited?

I understand Tim Foley has joined them

Mark Flanagan (Bedford) has joined as has Peter Hastie (Naas) and Conail Doherty (UCD)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Stainalert wrote: »
    Mark Flanagan (Bedford) has joined as has Peter Hastie (Naas) and Conail Doherty (UCD)

Lansdowne are signing some great players. Look very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Nenagh ormond have put up their coaching team for the new season
    Ivan Muldoon back as head coach
    Josh Rowland who was with connacht for a while is an assistant coach

Nenagh ormond have put up their coaching team for the new season
    Ivan Muldoon back as head coach
    Josh Rowland who was with connacht for a while is an assistant coach

Presume Josh Rowland is a player coach

Presume Josh Rowland is a player coach
    you would say so. Depends what age he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

you would say so. Depends what age he is

If I remember correctly he's only early 30s, and on the low side as well. Think he was late 20s when he signed for Connacht a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭luke9311

Rowland is 30 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 24 UpTipp123

Garryowen have signed Corrie Barratt (prop) from Banbridge, was in Ulster Academy for a bit i think. Heard from a few limerick lads that Bailey Faloon signed for Shannon before June 1st Deadline but changed his mind - now IRFU are saying he has to play with shannon even do he is training away with garryowen

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

UpTipp123 wrote: »
    Garryowen have signed Corrie Barratt (prop) from Banbridge, was in Ulster Academy for a bit i think. Heard from a few limerick lads that Bailey Faloon signed for Shannon before June 1st Deadline but changed his mind - now IRFU are saying he has to play with shannon even do he is training away with garryowen

Whats the June 1st deadline? Most transfers wouldn’t be done until well after that, into August/September etc

Whats the June 1st deadline? Most transfers wouldn’t be done until well after that, into August/September etc
    all clubs have to submit a list of players before June 1st. Many transfers will have been discussed at that point but obviously many not confirmed etc until later
    Clubs are well into playing games and back 4/5 weeks of preseason by September so not really true to say most aren't done until then

List can be adapted until October 1st

• Advertisement

June 01st is the deadline for moving clubs within the province, Limerick is crazy in month of may - silly season. Once it passes its unlikely a player will be released if he wants to leave to another club in the same city.

October 01st is for National transfers - outside the province, like lads moving Cork to Dublin etc.

June 01st is the deadline for moving clubs within the province, Limerick is crazy in month of may - silly season. Once it passes its unlikely a player will be released if he wants to leave to another club in the same city.

October 01st is for National transfers - outside the province, like lads moving Cork to Dublin etc.

A club cannot block a player from moving. I don't know what Munster is like but from my experience there would be very few even inter province ones done by June.

Sure most u20s are probably done post leaving cert results etc from country clubs to Dublin clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭RuPi

School leavers and students have until the October deadline, majority of players moving clubs is done by the June deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Heard that Ivan Soroka and Matt D'arcy are joining Tony Ryan in getting pro-contracts as cover for the world cup. Unsure if all with Leinster or if Soroka and D'arcy are joining their former clubs of Connacht and Munster respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gilesdebond

A player can move to any club up until the 1st October but after the 1st June the holding club has to agree to it and sign the transfer form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

https://connachttribune.ie/galwegians-unveil-plan-for-new-facility-in-bushypark-033/

Galwegians unveil plans for new grounds. Pretty far from where they are currently and a bit outside the city, I'm sure they chose the site for a reason but I always wonder how wise it is clubs moving out of town from being in town as it means driving there is the only real option which might put potential players off as well as supporters.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    https://connachttribune.ie/galwegians-unveil-plan-for-new-facility-in-bushypark-033/

Galwegians unveil plans for new grounds. Pretty far from where they are currently and a bit outside the city, I'm sure they chose the site for a reason but I always wonder how wise it is clubs moving out of town from being in town as it means driving there is the only real option which might put potential players off as well as supporters.
    its he other side of city and will affect NUIG whos underage set up was created in 2011 as there wasnt a club for underage rugby on west side of the city.
    Its across the city but they had to move from glenina which wasnt good enough any more. The whole clubhouse/dressing rooms etc were nowhere near good enough.
    Dont see it putting off players as improvements in facilities will attract players more than anything.
    Though in galway recently i did hear there could still be few twists before anything for definite happens

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Players in AIL are free to move to any club prior to May 31st without consent of club but must get consent of club they are leaving after May 31st. Transfers still allowed after May 31st but must have permission of club they are leaving

Apologies lads, think I just misunderstood the rules. As we often have lads transferring in after J1s in the summer etc

i know in Munster, June 01st is the deadline as the month of may is crazy with coaches scrambling for new players, cos they know after June 01st other clubs wont release there players.

Any Foreign,from another province, school players an junior club players can transfer up until 01st October.

• Advertisement

Any more transfer news?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Any more transfer news?

Gearoid Lyons to Lansdowne?

Mick McGrath to Malahide?

Alan Francis to Trinity?

Dan Sheehan to Lansdowne?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭luke9311

Alan Francis to Trinity?

These all true? Mick to malahide would be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭mart 23

Any news about a new Shannon head coach ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Alan Francis to Trinity?

Those 3 are some really interesting moves

mart 23 wrote: »
    Any news about a new Shannon head coach ?

Geoff Moylan is Director of Rugby with tadgh bennett as head coach and mike storey as forwards. They signed Alan Fitz, a backrow from Garryowen. Not sure who else. Robbie Deegan went to terenure and ger finucane retired. Doubt they will see Casey or flannery until the new year. There trying to sign a 10.

Garryowen also trying to sign a foreign 10 and second row.
    Evan cusack to young Munster - could play a bit at 10.

it will be September once games begin that we get an idea on whos where etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken

Geoff Moylan is Director of Rugby with tadgh bennett as head coach and mike storey as forwards. They signed Alan Fitz, a backrow from Garryowen. Not sure who else. Robbie Deegan went to terenure and ger finucane retired. Doubt they will see Casey or flannery until the new year. There trying to sign a 10.

Garryowen also trying to sign a foreign 10 and second row.
    Evan cusack to young Munster - could play a bit at 10.

it will be September once games begin that we get an idea on whos where etc.

Shannon could struggle next season don't seem to have a lot of depth on d squad,Deegan would be a loss but was injury prone, 12/13 could b a problem area..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Alan Francis to Trinity?

Wonder why McGrath would move down 4 divisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Wonder why McGrath would move down 4 divisions :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...

Fixed your post.

It's gas that Shannon were penalised last year for paying some lads airfare when it's an open secret that there are a number of clubs who are giving lads a few coin to play.
    But what can be done, nothing illegal about some random guy giving another random guy a few quid because they're mates... just don't put it in writing that it's to play for club x and go about your business. Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

So Conor dean left Mary's for Corinthians
    Mary's signed Sean Healy from navan, rory Fleming from galwegians
    Mick o gara has joined them from school and have a swiss international signed as well

Any more transfers

Advertisement