Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Super Showdown (Saudi Show) - Spoilers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Ibushi probably asked Naito to drop him on his neck.

Ole' Bill took a bad bump because him and Mean Mark are ancient and can't go any more.

Asking to be dropped on your neck is not wrestling. It's idiocy.
    At least Taker and Goldberg were trying to protect each other, they just messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

sirmanga wrote: »
    Asking to be dropped on your neck is not wrestling. It's idiocy.
    At least Taker and Goldberg were trying to protect each other, they just messed up.

Ibushi is an odd guy.

He turned down a WWE contract around the time of the firstly Cruiserweight Classic, her was seen as a dead cert for AEW but he turned them down as well and he was on short rolling contracts with NJPW up until recently.

He runs a wrestling school in Japan and he still loves doing silly deathmatch stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ibushi is an odd guy.

He turned down a WWE contract around the time of the first Cruiserweight Classic

Look what's become of Nakamura. Nobody gives a rats about Cruiserweights in WWE either. I'd say he's content with his choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ibushi is an odd guy.

He turned down a WWE contract around the time of the firstly Cruiserweight Classic, her was seen as a dead cert for AEW but he turned them down as well and he was on short rolling contracts with NJPW up until recently.

He runs a wrestling school in Japan and he still loves doing silly deathmatch stuff as well.

Did he?

Kenny Omega said in an interview right after Double or Nothing that he wasn't asked to come. He knew that Ibushi's dream was to be IWGP champ some day, and that if he was asked to come to AEW, he wold follow Kenny there unquestioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Look what's become of Nakamura. Nobody gives a rats about Cruiserweights in WWE either. I'd say he's content with his choice.

Nak only is interested in money and surfing.

He's getting amazing pay for phoning it in. Amazing to think he hasn't reached the hights of his debut match v Sami Zayn since he's been in the Fed. He genuinely looks like nothing special in WWE. He could easily pass for a Kendo Suzuki these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Nak only is interested in money and surfing.

He's getting amazing pay for phoning it in. Amazing to think he hasn't reached the hights of his debut match v Sami Zayn since he's been in the Fed. He genuinely looks like nothing special in WWE. He could easily pass for a Kendo Suzuki these days

he was like this in his last few years new japan but he just turned it on when it mattered most but honestly just wants to surf these days and who can blame him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Just watching the full show now.

FML..... showing the replay of Truth winning the 24/7 title on the plane and Michael Cole giving a step by step breakdown of exactly everything that is happening in the video like people are complete idiots and cant figure out for themselves what's going on. Woeful craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Just skimmed through the event, admittedly only interested due to hearing how bad the Goldberg Undertaker match was...

Yeah I mean serious questions need to be asked at this stage, why is Undertaker still allowed to wrestle? Can he himself not realize he's just not capable any more?

Surely these guys would of rehearsed and trained together? they clearly weren't capable of performing their moves on each other, its a miracle somebody wasn't seriously injured.

Just skimmed through the event, admittedly only interested due to hearing how bad the Goldberg Undertaker match was...

Yeah I mean serious questions need to be asked at this stage, why is Undertaker still allowed to wrestle? Can he himself not realize he's just not capable any more?

Surely these guys would of rehearsed and trained together? they clearly weren't capable of performing their moves on each other, its a miracle somebody wasn't seriously injured.

Money.

WWE is getting a bunch of money to put on a mediocre house-show for a murderous dictatorship and Taker and Bill are getting a bunch of money to shamble around the ring embarrassing themselves for 15 minutes.

Everyone involved is utter garbage and if you are paying money for anything to do with WWE then you are
    complicit in their horrible bull****.

This company has transcended the need to put on a decent show because people keep throwing tens of millions at them for the utter garbage that they have been producing for the past decade or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Money.

WWE is getting a bunch of money to put on a mediocre house-show for a murderous dictatorship and Taker and Bill are getting a bunch of money to shamble around the ring embarrassing themselves for 15 minutes.

Everyone involved is utter garbage and if you are paying money for anything to do with WWE then you are complicate in their horrible bull****.

Obviously hosting the event in Saudi Arabia is purely money driven, WWE aren't on their own in that respect, golf and football and plenty more will turn a blind eye to that cesspool for money.

What I can't get my head around is how that match was left play out as it did, as I said they clearly were not capable of performing moves on each other, surely they would of knew that going in?

If you're going to use these guys in matches it needs to be in a hardcore/street fight kind of way will little in the way of actual wrestling. I see Goldberg is getting most of the heat for it when Taker was just as bad, in fact he's been a hazard for years.

• Advertisement

Obviously hosting the event in Saudi Arabia is purely money driven, WWE aren't on their own in that respect, golf and football and plenty more will turn a blind eye to that cesspool for money.

What I can't get my head around is how that match was left play out as it did, as I said they clearly were not capable of performing moves on each other, surely they would of knew that going in?

If you're going to use these guys in matches it needs to be in a hardcore/street fight kind of way will little in the way of actual wrestling. I see Goldberg is getting most of the heat for it when Taker was just as bad, in fact he's been a hazard for years.

Nobody who is watching WWE earnestly cares about them putting on a good show. It's pure habit and nostalgia that keeps people watching.

They'd run the same match with two pensioners botching all over the shop forever just as long as they keep getting that sweet blood-money.

No one in WWE cares that these guys can't go anymore. They aren't a wrestling company, they are an "entertainment" company. It's all about TV/event deals and advertisement revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is this earlier this year, happening this weekend? I doubt any titles will change

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

They do two Saudi shows a year. Normally the early one is post Mania though. So yeah quite a bit earlier by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,791 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ThePott wrote: »
    They do two Saudi shows a year. Normally the early one is post Mania though. So yeah quite a bit earlier by all accounts.

The whole touring calendar seems different this year

It's only a SD live taping in London in May preceded by a few UK arena dates with Raw going on tour the following Wednesday in other euro countries but not taping in the UK on the summer tour

I'm getting a feeling we will see Triple H cost Goldberg the title setting up a mania match for the 2

They could think up of something for Triple H to be pissed off at him

Working tomorrow so wont see live but I'll look forward to watching the ****show later

Super ShowDown PPV in Riyadh - The Card

Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Goldberg for the Universal Title

Ricochet vs. Brock Lesnar (c) for the WWE Title

Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin in a Steel Cage match

Bayley (c) vs. Naomi for the SmackDown Women’s Title

The Miz & John Morrison vs. The New Day (c) for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles

Seth Rollins & Murphy (c) vs. The Street Profits for Raw Tag Team Titles

Tuwaiq Trophy Gauntlet match (AJ Styles, Andrade, Rey Mysterio, Bobby Lashley, Erick Rowan, & R-Truth)

Mansoor vs. Dolph Ziggler

Angel Garza vs. Humberto Carrillo

The Viking Raiders vs. The O.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

These things are always shíte.

The Undertaker also in Saudi Arabia

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

J. Marston wrote: »
    These things are always shíte.

Some of them are sunni

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Naomi well covered up in that interview there

• Advertisement

Stink of double countout in the Fiend/Goldberg match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Taker to interrupt AJ and tell him he’s the real Phenom ?

Be some laugh if they put the womans match on last

Just turned this on now and saw taker coming out and laying out Styles who I guessed won that trophy thing but now taker won it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Stink of double countout in the Fiend/Goldberg match.

Ah the Roddy Piper has to do a job finish :pac:

Always wonder what would happen if say the Saudi generals wanted to show clips of chris benoit in a tribute short of thing ??

Would Vince allow it

Would Mansoor have a job if he wasn't Saudi? Doubt it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jesus, what was the point?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Necro wrote: »
    Jesus, what was the point?

Just giving the locals a chance to see the big names. No other point to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

I love the running joke of Mansoor only being powertful in Saudi Arabia personally :pac:
    They really did that to Ricochet huh :o

Advertisement