Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Super Showdown (Saudi Show) - Spoilers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

lawlolawl wrote: »
    They'll cause an international incident if they so much as acknowledge that women exist.

I presume that this handful of women are being flown over as an optics thing.

"Hey WWE Universe™, they didn't instantly kill them on the runway so that must mean they are really progressive!"

Doubt it. It's all about propaganda.

They tried to make a big song and dance about women being allowed to drive over there last year. Giving two women a 5 minute match will be another "giant leap" for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The womens match will be a blindfold match where the crowd are blindfolded not he wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it seems that Natalya and alexa are in Saudi Arabia at least. You'd think if WWE had agreed to have a women's match in the country they'd ramp up the back patting machine prior to it happening but they haven't so it seems it's them hoping they can work something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dexter2019

Considering Bill really only has 2 moves, theres not many options left, lol

Bill has many moves....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There's been a title change 39,000 feet over the Red Sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I love that the Luchas keeps their mask on while sleeping :D

There's a million and 9 reasons to criticise WWE today but this title is fun so far

Only criticism I'd have is it's very hard to keep up to date with title changes from their Youtube channel because they post so much and most of it gunk, even just a tag at the start saying "24/7 Title Update" would make following it much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Omackeral wrote: »
    There's been a title change 39,000 feet over the Red Sea

And how Jinder got it.

The deadly roll up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

honestly have truth come in and 1 in the battle royal and lose the 24/7 title and it keeps getting passed around then he wins the title back then eliminated by a heel to lose the battle royal.

so i guess baron beats seth today then brock destroys him to get a another glorious run with the belt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's the battle royal so everyone would be coming out together unless Truth is one of the guys to get a full entrance. I'm sure they'll say the rules aren't in play for the duration

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It'd have been even better if Jinder was in full ring gear like he was on the golf course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 37,788 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'll watch in bits cause of the soccer being on

Still find it cool seeing taker vs goldberg not that it will be a masterpiece

Hard too knw will there be any major title changes as it's a glorified house show but with plenty of $$$ for all involved

Christ its taken demon finn a while to make it down the ramp, how long will it take big bill and taker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Stadium is half empty

Edit no they just didn't put any seating at the corners of the ring due to the huge LED pillars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thread is deader than the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ThePott wrote: »
    Thread is deader than the crowd.

I know no one who wants to support this

For sure, at the end of the day WWE would put this on if no one was watching for the money they're making.

Only saw a couple of mins, crowd look bored, setup is decent. Watching the soccer now will watch this later

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Only saw a couple of mins, crowd look bored, setup is decent. Watching the soccer now will watch this later

Not sure, I'd bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not sure, I'd bother.

Wouldn’t bother catching up on the soccer so far either

• Advertisement

HHH Orton match was good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I said it before and i'll say it again, give Shane McMahon the world title.

The soccer or this. I need to find something better to do with my time!

This is gonna be a Clusterf*ck.

If Mansoor wins this I'm not watching these Saudi shows again

Ridiculous

ShaneU wrote: »
    If Mansoor wins this I'm not watching these Saudi shows again

Oh FFS

This guy has had about 3 matches on TV. Yeah, a house show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The 4chan anti-semite won.

WWE have no shame.

And naturally the Women got a huge cheer from the arena on the big screen and I'm sure the KSA will have apologise and punish whoever is responsible.

• Advertisement

And naturally the Women got a huge cheer from the arena on the big screen and I'm sure the KSA will have apologise and punish whoever is responsible.

The normal fans are cheering so obviously like her and presumably the other women but imagine how "The Man" character would go over amongst the elite. A cocky, arrogant woman calling herself The Man.

Advertisement