Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster vs Munster - The buildup for the ages!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Akrasia wrote: »
    This game is a bit of a lose lose for Munster. If we win, the leinster fans and all the 'pundits' will say munster only won because leinster are battered and depressed after last week's match

If we lose, it'll be because Munster are falling apart from the inside out

If it's a close game and leinster lose, the leinster fans will say Munster should have won by more because Leinster's heart wasn't in it, if it's a close game and Munster lose, it'll be Leinster who bravely overcame their loss last week and Munster bottled it.

If Munster hammer leinster (unlikely) it'll be because Leinster didn't turn up.

I doubt anyone will say Munster are falling apart from the inside. The squad is stronger than last season and they identified an issue with coaching, or a preceived issue. How they dealt with it is not ideal but they could end up stronger next year in that department, hard to tell yet....

They have managed to hold onto the same core squad for next season without any big players leaving like previous years.

All that been said, if it was a straight up Leinster v Munster at the RDS and both teams had last weekend off I think Leinster would be favorites and should win

The game last week just puts a question mark over everything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Akrasia wrote: »
    This game is a bit of a lose lose for Munster. If we win, the leinster fans and all the 'pundits' will say munster only won because leinster are battered and depressed after last week's match

If we lose, it'll be because Munster are falling apart from the inside out

If it's a close game and leinster lose, the leinster fans will say Munster should have won by more because Leinster's heart wasn't in it, if it's a close game and Munster lose, it'll be Leinster who bravely overcame their loss last week and Munster bottled it.

If Munster hammer leinster (unlikely) it'll be because Leinster didn't turn up.

All that stuff is only true if you care what Leinster fans or the pundits think. Make up your own mind afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I'd love to see Billy Holland win a medal this year, for that reason alone I hope we win Saturday...but we're underdogs, and deservedly so

I'd like to see Rob Kearney win a medal this year, for that reason alone I hope Leinster win......we need to fill up Rob's medal wardrobe

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I'd like to see Rob Kearney win a medal this year, for that reason alone I hope Leinster win......we need to fill up Rob's medal wardrobe

Pah!... he's nuttin without his more talented brudder buddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

My prediction for the Munster selection:

1 David Kilcoyne
    2 Niall Scannell
    3 John Ryan
    4 Jean Kleyn
    5 Tadhg Beirne
    6 Peter O'Mahony (c)
    7 Chris Cloete
    8 CJ Stander
    9 Conor Murray
    10 J. J. Hanrahan
    11 Keith Earls
    12 Rory Scannell
    13 Chris Farrell
    14 Andrew Conway
    15 Michael Haley

16 Kevin O'Byrne
    17 Liam O'Connor
    18 Stephen Archer
    19 Billy Holland
    20 Arno Botha
    21 Alby Mathewson
    22 Tyler Bleyendaal
    23 Darren Sweetnam

24th man Jack O'Donoghue
    25th man Dan Goggin

I'd say Carbery will play, JJ and Goggin will bench,

I think we need to roll the dice and start Cloete over JOD,

He may give away a few penalties but he might get a few turnovers and in a match where we will be underdogs we need to take the chance that he'll do more of the latter than the former

Same with Carbery, we are just a much more dangerous team when hes on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

With the wobble in the 6N, at best a wake-up call, and worst a dent to confidence and real chances in the world cup, and now Leinster clearly second in Europe, and so far no trophy to show for the country, Munster is going to have to yield to the greater good here and provide little trouble as they give Leinster the best shot at taking the P14. Leinster not winning it really would be a setback. For both Leinster, and paradoxically Munster.

Irish rugby in general, and the national team needs Leinster to salvage something for the country. The hint from the men in the smoke filled rooms may have gone out, although I think Munster are only too well aware of the situation anyway - their role on Saturday is to setup a Leinster win in the final. At the end of the day, that would be a win for everyone.

Had Leinster snaffled the win on Saturday, there would have been some wriggle room, and this weekends game could have been a genuine contest, the season already having been saved. But alas, twas not to be, and we must cut our coat according to our cloth.

With the wobble in the 6N, at best a wake-up call, and worst a dent to confidence and real chances in the world cup, and now Leinster clearly second in Europe, and so far no trophy to show for the country, Munster is going to have to yield to the greater good here and provide little trouble as they give Leinster the best shot at taking the P14. Leinster not winning it really would be a setback. For both Leinster, and paradoxically Munster.

Irish rugby in general, and the national team needs Leinster to salvage something for the country. The hint from the men in the smoke filled rooms may have gone out, although I think Munster are only too well aware of the situation anyway - their role on Saturday is to setup a Leinster win in the final. At the end of the day, that would be a win for everyone.

Had Leinster snaffled the win on Saturday, there would have been some wriggle room, and this weekends game could have been a genuine contest, the season already having been saved. But alas, twas not to be, and we must cut our coat according to our cloth.

And whats Ulster rugby's role in all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Who?

yerrahbah wrote: »

What is this "Ulster rugby" you speak of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Ssssshhhh. Let the giants of comedy get on with clogging up the board, let us just fly under the radar and worry about the Glasgow game.

Ssssshhhh. Let the giants of comedy get on with clogging up the board, let us just fly under the radar and worry about the Glasgow game.

It will be good for the lads to get a good run out before they return home to Leinster for the summer holidays :P

I think that's the place where that high profile rape trial took place

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Not funny. Delete this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Isnt it not where Maeve stole a brown bull

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Mc Love wrote: »
    Isnt it not where Maeve stole a brown bull

No. That would be in Leinster's Cooleys!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭fitz

[bantz] Munster are a bunch of bog-snorkeling, cousin-punching, potato munchers, and they'll get an absolute spanking at the weekend. [/bantz]

Am I doing this build-up thing right?

fitz wrote: »
    [bantz] Munster are a bunch of bog-snorkeling, cousin-punching, potato munchers, and they'll get an absolute spanking at the weekend. [/bantz]

Am I doing this build-up thing right?

A bit understated.. but give it another go...and add a little
    of POM's Munster "intensity"...and you'll do splendidly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Erik Shun wrote: »

You forgot "pashun".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Erik Shun wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with POM's "intensity" and anyone who questions it should be strung up.
    No, the weakness with Munster is with his 14 team mates who just leave it in the dressing room game after game, show no pride in the jersey, have no respect for their fans and the sacrifices they make travelling the country to support them and filling out Thomond at every opportunity, are blase about Munster and its rugby heritage that they havve been entrusted with, and especially, that the rest of them just dont want to know when things get tough and physical. There is just no stand up and fight about the rest of them.
    Put POM, well, leave him out of it.

• Advertisement

There is nothing wrong with POM's "intensity" and anyone who questions it should be strung up.
    No, the weakness with Munster is with his 14 team mates who just leave it in the dressing room game after game, show no pride in the jersey, have no respect for their fans and the sacrifices they make travelling the country to support them and filling out Thomond at every opportunity, are blase about Munster and its rugby heritage that they havve been entrusted with, and especially, that the rest of them just dont want to know when things get tough and physical. There is just no stand up and fight about the rest of them.

So..you're saying..no more Leinster cast offs in he team..14 more POM's and alls well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If only POM matched his pashun with work rate

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭fitz

AdamD wrote: »
    If only POM matched his pashun with work rate

Yeah, pure lazy.

Teams tomorrow at midday?

Munster team should be predictable enough with just doubts over Carbery and Earls.

What kind of Leinster team are people predicting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

A winning one! ;)

Except when it’s a league game on a communion or confirmation day that happens to be sunny and coincides with some river festival.

Teams tomorrow at midday?

Munster team should be predictable enough with just doubts over Carbery and Earls.

15 men, wearing blue jersey....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Utter ballox. Was it even half full for the Treviso match???

dregin wrote: »
    Utter ballox. Was it even half full for the Treviso match???

I believe it's called trolling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I believe it's called trolling

It's in the name, after all.

Advertisement