Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Cronin picked up a knee injury last weekend. Penny hurt his neck against Connacht.

Frawley and Lowe are back in training.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1348632316021796864?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

Clegg wrote: »
    Murray Kinsella tweeted about VDF as well. Think he's beginning to get overlooked in blue and green. Think he has a more rounded game than Connors still.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1348599011251531777?s=09

His tackling was superb (As we have come to expect), but like others I was impressed with his passing. One off his left hand in the 2nd half near the subs bench was an absolute peach.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Murray Kinsella tweeted about VDF as well. Think he's beginning to get overlooked in blue and green. Think he has a more rounded game than Connors still.

I know this wasn't the point of your post but I am slightly lost as to why Connors has jumped ahead of so many players for Leinster/Ireland. Not sure I see what the coaches see yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Sangre wrote: »
    I know this wasn't the point of your post but I am slightly lost as to why Connors has jumped ahead of so many players for Leinster/Ireland. Not sure I see what the coaches see yet.

Workrate. The guy is a machine in defence and has shown some good link play at times. And he doesn't stop. He's shown a level of consistency across all levels too. He's not particularly flash, but he is just so reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Connors is a very good player but has never hit the levels of peak VDF.

VDF was really off the boil when we came back from lockdown and deserved to lose his spot, but his last few appearances have been much improved, I thought he had a fantastic game against Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

Sangre wrote: »
    Mainly because he's a collision winner in defence, which is something Ireland specifically have missed for a while now. In all my years watching rugby I can't remember a better tackler in Ireland, his technique and timing is perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Heineken Cup has been suspended. Hopefully we can get some interpros in their place.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Heineken Cup has been suspended. Hopefully we can get some interpros in their place.

Can see elite sport here being scrapped with the growing numbers of COVID cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

molloyjh wrote: »
    Workrate. The guy is a machine in defence and has shown some good link play at times. And he doesn't stop. He's shown a level of consistency across all levels too. He's not particularly flash, but he is just so reliable.

I do see that but to me that alone shouldn't have him where he is now given the backrow talent in the country. You've essentially described him as a grafter which is usually what you'd describe a player because all the other options are a bit. eh, crap. Who knows, maybe as players return to form he will drop down the pecking order.

Don't get me wrong, he is clearly very good and is consistently picked so I suspect I am selling him short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Can see elite sport here being scrapped with the growing numbers of COVID cases.

Cases are going down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Cases are going down.

No, cases have stabilised.

Which is better than it was but they've stabilised at the highest rate of any country globally.

But I digress. This isn't the covid forum. And I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Leinster are great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I thought VDF was brilliant this past weekend. MOTM for me. And yes, I rate him over Connors.
    Ryan was fantastic too. He's developing a nice edge and is really becoming a leader. I think the more carries he gets the better he and those around him are. One thing that's come to my attention is he seems to be giving away penalties. More so than I can recall.
    RB surprised me. Very good shift. Larmour was good and I think he's better suited to the wing. Keenan was outstanding.
    All in all Leinster looked good. Healy again looked empty carrying the ball. He made little gain and Ulster handled him easily.
    Very good match. Great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I wouldn't be too sure about that. GPs in a county with large numbers that borders dublin reporting less referrals since last Wednesday. It will take another week and a half for that to show in the numbers. I know it's only 1 county but its promising news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Good to see James Lowe back in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

He looks better in Green!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Like anyone that’s played any sport at any level I strongly suspect he joined for the free gear.

salmocab wrote: »
    Like anyone that’s played any sport at any level I strongly suspect he joined for the free gear.

No sponsor on the gear either. I like.

I love that stick he's holding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

All the way to Australia, 2 week in quarantine.

Sorry, who makes your gear......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

dub_skav wrote: »
    All the way to Australia, 2 week in quarantine.

Sorry, who makes your gear......

Now I happen to know for a fact you’d do that just for a white T-shirt with a tooheys logo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

If I was any older pro in ireland i'd see if they were interested, get away from this mess and over to Australia..

bayern wrote: »
    If I was any older pro in ireland i'd see if they were interested, get away from this mess and over to Australia..

Cough..Sexton..Cough Cough

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think James Ryan, Ryan Baird and Garry Ringrose have achieved all they are going to achieve and should leave Leinster.

Dont forget Furlong

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Down to the O'Neill's factory shop on the Long Mile Road for all your cheap Ozzy rugby gear needs. Picked up a lovely Brumbie's top for 20 quid there in the before times.

Ruddock has now won every Leinster Player of the Month this season. Best player in the country right now.

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/1348966598082703368?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Interesting.

This weekend was supposed to be a Champions Cup one. Wonder would the provinces be allowed field a full strength side?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Interesting.

This weekend was supposed to be a Champions Cup one. Wonder would the provinces be allowed field a full strength side?

Why wouldn't they be allowed field full strength sides is the question. The top internationals have had two weeks off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Why wouldn't they be allowed field full strength sides is the question. The top internationals have had two weeks off.

And the Six Nations may end up postponed so no value at all in holding anyone back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement