Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

How would people feel about Monday night rugby continuing post covid?

I actually quite like it to be honest - think I'd be very happy strolling down to the RDS after a Monday in the office.

Honestly it probably depends on the match, if it’s dragons or Italians yeah it’d be grand I could finish work and mooch over that way then home in bed by half ten/eleven. For a bigger game it would kill the buzz and probably stop me having a few beers. I drive to some games and some I have a few drinks depending on when they are on and who against. I’d say I almost never drive to Saturday or Sunday games unless I have something on to get to. To be fair though plenty of supporters don’t live and work in D4 despite what I read on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

salmocab wrote: »
    Honestly it probably depends on the match, if it’s dragons or Italians yeah it’d be grand I could finish work and mooch over that way then home in bed by half ten/eleven. For a bigger game it would kill the buzz and probably stop me having a few beers. I drive to some games and some I have a few drinks depending on when they are on and who against. I’d say I almost never drive to Saturday or Sunday games unless I have something on to get to. To be fair though plenty of supporters don’t live and work in D4 despite what I read on Facebook.

Yeah I think that's pretty fair.

While Monday nights are a nice change I wouldn't want it to become a regular occurrence.

It would be nice for a smaller game but I do feel the allure of an interpro would be lessened if played on a Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah I think that's pretty fair.

While Monday nights are a nice change I wouldn't want it to become a regular occurrence.

It would be nice for a smaller game but I do feel the allure of an interpro would be lessened if played on a Monday

Definitely it would kill the away crowd, Ulster would just have AWEC there and lots of home supporters would not make it. Also it would be a deader, if that’s a word atmosphere.
    If I had a vote in it I’d vote against Monday games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Same here. Makes the week after the game a lot shorter but the week leading up to a game a lot longer haha.

I appreciate a lot of Leinster fans who'd have a further commute than myself wouldn't like Monday games for that reason.

But personally I think it's good and wouldn't mind seeing it continue

That would be the way I would feel as well - I'm retired and right now, having some sport on a Monday night on TV is great for me. I would be happy to go down to the RDS too, but I think it would be tough for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

salmocab wrote: »
    Definitely it would kill the away crowd, Ulster would just have AWEC there and lots of home supporters would not make it. Also it would be a deader, if that’s a word atmosphere.
    If I had a vote in it I’d vote against Monday games.

I think outside of the interpros one 8pm monday home game per season per club when crowds return is worth trialling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I certainly prefer (or would prefer) attending matches on a Friday night; I imagine it would be a better atmosphere and a bit more relaxed.

Conversely, I prefer watching rugby on TV on a Monday and occasionally found watching on TV on Fridays trickier as things came up every now and again that I was busy or out (when 'being out' was a thing).

As others have said though, I imagine Monday night rugby would nerf any away crowd so they would have to think carefully as to what teams rarely bring travelling fans and build around them travelling on Mondays. Any huge game or interpro would be a disaster on a Monday night.

Yeah I hadn't considered travelling fans now that I think about it - nice having a game to look forward to after the weekend though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, for anyone interested there is 40% off all Leinster gear for black Friday with free delivery and returns on thr Lifestyle Sports website.

Today and tomorrow only though for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Is Clarkson injured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Yeah I hadn't considered travelling fans now that I think about it - nice having a game to look forward to after the weekend though.

There's very little travelling support in the league outside of derbies.

• Advertisement

That tackle from Leavy... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

*unzips*

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well this looks like it's going to be a mess of a match. Is that 5 or 6 penalties in the opening 9 minutes?!

Leinsters discipline is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Some very soft penalties here.

Harry Byrne channelling his inner Owen Farrell...

That Leavy turnover...

Clegg wrote: »
    *unzips*

That turnover by Leavy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

That was lovely from Leavy, O'Brien having a stormer too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Clegg wrote: »
    That Leavy turnover...

Not just the turnover but was on his feet and carrying it in open play rather than falling to the deck and presenting it.

Excellent from JOB to get us down there. Wonderful kick down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great try. Great turnover up the pitch, great Leavy turnover and did well to finish.

Lads, Jimmy O'Brien is a player. Has really impressed in last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Edinburgh completely asleep there, but what a support line by Luke

Jaysis that's woeful stuff from Edinburgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭A-Train

Easy enough try there out of nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Jaysis that's woeful stuff from Edinburgh!

Their pack are blowing hard, their number 5 had no energy to make that tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Everything about that knock-on was just lazy from Edinburgh.

This is just a disaster for Edinburgh.

They did their best to try and put pressure off the reset but the net result was a knock on under severe pressure and then a demolished scrum.

This could get ugly to be honest.

• Advertisement

2N4f.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement