Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

why would he move to Munster to be a stop gap?

Sure once you get into the Leinster academy all you can dream about is a move to Munster as a stop gap while they try sign a South African :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Take it easy hounds.

My point is there are a number of out of contract players and a spot might open for Frawley if he wants a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

There's no established backups at 12/15. ROL, COB and Keenan have played well there, but I don't think any of them have done enough to ensure a place in the event of injury to Henshaw or Larmour.

Frawley has an excellent chance to make himself undisputed backup in either position. He's a good 10 with some issues there that he could easily rectify if given enough time. But with Sexton and the Byrne's already there he'll never get that chance. Luckily the skills he has at 10 are easily transferrable to 12/15 and may suit him better. He'd have more time to think and make a good decision than at 10. He's a good passer, kicks very well and is a big unit. We know we're too reliant on Sexton as a playmaker. Ringrose is a good passer and kicker but is primarily a line breaker rather than distributor. Getting a secondary playmaker into the backline could work wonders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

ROL has started at 12 in europe, he well in front of anyone else when it comes to playing there in a big game when Henshaw is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭KH25

I see Joey is out again for an indefinite period because of his ankle injury. He really has had no luck since he moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

WTF. He must have been a serial killer in a previous life.

If someone is out indefinitely, I would imagine he may not play again this side of Christmas. I really hope they don't try to rush him back into a green jersey if he becomes fit during October/November.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Buer wrote: »

If someone is out indefinitely, I would imagine he may not play again this side of Christmas. I really hope they don't try to rush him back into a green jersey if he becomes fit during October/November.

Yeah , the "indefinite" quote is worrying.

Hopefully he gets it right and gets to come back , but it's hard not to fear the worst given how poor his injury profile has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭KH25

I wonder how much of this is related to him going to the World Cup. He wasn’t near fit enough at the time and it was a really poor decision to bring him under those circumstances. Hopefully he can get back to full fitness.

Anyway, I suppose that means Hanrahan at 10 this weekend.

KH25 wrote: »
    I wonder how much of this is related to him going to the World Cup. He wasn’t near fit enough at the time and it was a really poor decision to bring him under those circumstances. Hopefully he can get back to full fitness.

Munster played him post WC so can't be all blamed on that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

KH25 wrote: »

I think he has definitely come back too soon on more than one occasion not just for the WC.

You'd have hoped that the extended break due to lock down would have given him the time needed , but clearly he needs quite a bit more time.

Hopefully it works out for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

New EPRC rules temporarily scrapping the rule about how many non EU players you can have in a squad for the knockouts.......mmmmmm

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/08/18/epcr-player-registration-and-rule-changes-for-2019-20-knockout-stages/
    there will be no limit to the number of players they can register.

Called it :D:
    I think the only way to get it back, at the end of whatever everyone else is doing, if it can resume would be a short turnaround like 14 days, but with extended squads. To allow for rotation and prevent players getting flogged.

This really increases the likelihood that Ross Byrne and Sexton are going to be away a lot. Frawley and Harry Byrne should be getting plenty of game time with Leinster for however much of a season we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

New Jersey out tomorrow? Seems like it from social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

This really increases the likelihood that Ross Byrne and Sexton are going to be away a lot. Frawley and Harry Byrne should be getting plenty of game time with Leinster for however much of a season we have.

Hawkshaw might get a run out off the bench at 10 as well if Frawley was to fill the 23 shirt or even start for some games.

Hawkshaw might get a run out off the bench at 10 as well if Frawley was to fill the 23 shirt or even start for some games.

Hawkshaw has yet to return to training.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

salmocab wrote: »
    New Jersey out tomorrow? Seems like it from social media.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,963 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Leavy was barely running on the pitch by the time the season was pulled and the players had to disperse. He'd need contact work before he can get back. They emphatically did NOT say "the next time we play he'd be in the squad". He was targeting a game back before the end of the season.

You're trying very hard to find a pattern with a very small sample size that really isn't relevant either

They said this of levy back in April.

"I’d say it’s very positive from Dan’s end and I would expect that when we get back up and playing, more than likely he’ll be available at that time.” so they thought he'd be available when they got back up and running. I doubt they thought it would take this long to get back up and running, let alone longer.

The article is from mid April.
    https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/easterby-update-leavys-progress/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Leavy will hopefully be back with Leavy is back. What Leinster should not do is rush him back at all. His long term health is more important.

We have plenty of options to cover

Academy 10's

David Hawkshaw(21/Belvedere/Clontarf)
    Tim Corkery(18/Kilkenny RFC/UCD)
    Charlie Tector(18/Kilkenny College/Lansdowne)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

This
    They said this of levy back in April.

"I’d say it’s very positive from Dan’s end and I would expect that when we get back up and playing, more than likely he’ll be available at that time.” so they thought he'd be available when they got back up and running. I doubt they thought it would take this long to get back up and running, let alone longer.

The article is from mid April.
    https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/easterby-update-leavys-progress/

Is not the same as:

I gather Dan Leavy has had more difficulty than expected with his return to training. Back at the start of the pandemic they said that next time they play, he'll be in the squad. Now it's months later and he's still returning to full training.

Leavy hasn't suffered any relapse of his injury that we know of.

His injury is just extremely complex and putting a definite time frame is difficult.

If the season hadn't been put on ice and Leavy could ease back into contact training all through March and April would he have featured in a match day squad? - very possibly. We wont ever know.

But he's had to push back his full intensity training and contact work by about 4 months. It's a pity, I hoped he would be back ready by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hawkshaw has yet to return to training.

Jesus that's a long recovery, it must be close to 18 months now since he had the surgery?

Jesus that's a long recovery, it must be close to 18 months now since he had the surgery?

Not sure when he had his final surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Week too early...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Surely a bit dangerous to be pre-ordering the new shirt? Like all going well it could be out of date in a few months if they win the European cup again and another star is needed?

Will the european cup even be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭PMC83

Still with the iron on logos and stuff. No thanks

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Surely a bit dangerous to be pre-ordering the new shirt? Like all going well it could be out of date in a few months if they win the European cup again and another star is needed?

Website says the jersey will ship 1 October meaning if we win they will affix a fifth star.

Stock will be in Ireland by now or neary here so assune that process will be done locally if required.

A bit meh TBH.

As for iron kn vs embroidery logos, picked up a knock off European jersey on aliexpress last season for €20 and it had both the Adidas and LR logo embroidered lol.

The new jersey will be worn for the gane this weekend too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Website says the jersey will ship 1 October meaning if we win they will affix a fifth star.

Stock will be in Ireland by now or neary here so assune that process will be done locally if required.

A bit meh TBH.

As for iron kn vs embroidery logos, picked up a knock off European jersey on aliexpress last season for €20 and it had both the Adidas and LR logo embroidered lol.

The new jersey will be worn for the gane this weekend too...

Yep, got a cheap knock off home jersey last season. Better quality than the addidas one. Says it all. The jersey is very....safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement