Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silence of the Wolves - A Game of Werewolf GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

quickbeam wrote: »
    PAIRING|Discussed other than game incl gifs|discussed mechnics ie: what's ISO|Discussed actual game|good leans|bad leans|null
    Green & Triceratops|413, 421, 427||517, 971, 1402, 1828, 2317, 2436, 2438, 2466, 2647, 2650, 2695, 2699, 2701, 2704, 2710, 2715, 2717, 2721, 2742, 2859, 2864, 2898, 2905, 2909, 2915, 3060, 3148, 3149||2029, 2647, 2898, 2984, 3100|2204

413 - Triceratops queries correct pronoun of different players including GnR

421 - He responds that it sounds like she has anger issues (she had said she gets angry when people use the incorrect pronoun to her), and says that he's a he.

427 - She responds that she does not have anger issues

517 - She responds to his post replying to Fixxxer being suspicious of Lough for having only two posts, defending Lough. Odd jumping in to a Fixxxer/GnR conversation??

971 - GnR does ISO on Trit, only mention of Triceratops here is that he says Trit seemed to clear her (and Tusk). Putting words in Trit's mouth?

1402 - In response to Triceratops wanting a catch up, he gives her a catch up

1828 - First outright conflict, he calls her dodgy for her late vote in the previous lynch (the Digi one)

2029 - GnR has her in his "bad feeling about" list.

2204 - Again, a Skunk post, doesn't belong here

2317 - GnR ISOs Triceratops. Concludes that she is suspicious.

2436 - Triceratops corrects GnR on a point on her ISO in relation to the order of events

2438 - And she makes excuses for not finishing her ISO list

2466 - GnR says Kolido now top of his sus list and that Clarabel (more so) or Triceratops (less so) could be on a team with him

2647 - She says she's voting for GnR, mainly because he ignored her correction on his ISO of her

2650 - He says he didn't meant to ignore it, though he'd addressed it, and explained reason for it.
    2695 - He replies to a post of hers that says if she was a wolf she'd have voted with the Digi5 calling her out on it, and saying it actually makes her more wolfy

2699 - She replies to this

2701 - He says he's voting Kolido but will vote with Digi5 in a specific order if there's a spit decision between us, with Triceratops fourth on that list

2704 - GnR again on Triceratops not voting for Digi not making her villagery

2710 - More on same

2715 - She responds to GnR saying he trusts Digi5 and hopes they are his teammates

2717 - More

2721 - More

2742 - GnR flipping between four players including Triceratops

2859 - GnR debates a blind vote with her

2864 - She responds

2898 - GnR calls Triceratops out as a wolf

2905 - GnR has Triceratops top of his FFA

2909 - She posts about GnR being alive (the one I quoted above in relation to the weird exchange between them two and Bounty)

2915 - He reiterates his on the Triceratops train

2984 - GnR has Triceratops top of his FFA (he ends up voting for Strawbs though?)

3060 - GnR says he's sus of her for not voting for Digi, but that his vote is still on Strawbs

3100 - GnR again gives FFA with Triceratops listed second.

3148 - Wants to not declare votes. Says if there's a wolf among Triceratops, Kolido and Strawbs then two wolves likely voted together. Well there was a wolf in those three, and that wolf voted Kolido along with Strawbs (Villager) and Tusk (unknown). Did he follow up this theory?

3149 - Triceratops replies that he had a go at her for suggesting not declaring votes

Conclusion: That was their last exchange. End day 5. Nothing during the hour of twilight and nothing during Day 6 (he was on a stag though?) Of the three so far I'd call him least likely to have been on a team with her. However, a lot of their arguments were kinda circular. Look at the posts between #2695 and #2721. I didn't really mention the specifics, it was just kinda arguments without going anywhere. Then similar with their snippiness about blind voting or not (#2859 - #2864). I dunno, something a bit off about them. I wouldn't mind another player's read on them and see if I'm just imagining things.

And despite all his calling out of her being a wolf, he never actually voted for her. Ever!! He said he meant to vote for her last lynch, but voted for Clara instead.

Gonna take a break before the next lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Still a bit confused by the death of Strawbs. Maybe the wolves want to implicate both myself and G&R because we had been anti her for most of the game or maybe QB for the fact that Strawbs voted that way. Did she give any indication why she would be voting that way?

First thing that still needs explaining however for me Is G&Rs vote that he said was on wolf TB but turned out to be on Clara?

I have the hangover from hell. I legitimately have never felt this bad. There’s probably a 63% chance I won’t make it through the day.

There’s no explaining me not voting for TB other than I was absolutely flaming at that stage and thought I had. I know that’s a p!ss poor excuse but it’s the truth.
    If I was a wolf I wouldn’t have come on saying I voted TB when it was obviously going to be disproved

I’m currently in the foetal position on the couch, it’ll be tomorrow before I’m any use

Strawbs, if you’re reading I’m very sorry.

Her munch is very strange. If I was a wolf there’s no way in hell I’d have munched her, I’d have been all over her for a lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Green&Red wrote: »

Her munch is very strange. If I was a wolf there’s no way in hell I’d have munched her, I’d have been all over her for a lynch

It's not strange if QB is the wolf though. Right?

Is that the only way it makes sense.

Her other pairings were skunk and tusk....

• Advertisement

My laptop is doing weird things. My analysis will have to wait until I could sort it out.

Clarabel wrote: »
    It's not strange if QB is the wolf though. Right?

Is that the only way it makes sense.

Her other pairings were skunk and tusk....

Not right. Explain please.

You say you’ve time now. ISO me and see if it confirms or changes your mind. Come back to me with something solid.

If I was a wolf I’d never win with you around in a LYLO situation so you’d be the one I’d munch. But I’m not a wolf.

Okay, fingers crossed, rebooted and hopefully good to go with laptop again.

I'm not saying you're a wolf, but this logic doesn't add up. Any wolf would munch Strawbs if they thought there was no appetite for a lynch on her. And last night's lynch, with only one (Bounty) voting for her, would show that she might have been a viable lynch candidate once upon a time, but possibly not any more.

I’d disagree. I’ve been on her all game. It would have been easy for me to go after her again

• Advertisement

PAIRING|Discussed other than game incl gifs|discussed mechnics ie: what's ISO|Discussed actual game|good leans|bad leans|null
    TheSkunk & Triceratops|413, 422||2724, 3189|||1183

I'll include the two posts that seemed to belong to Skunk that Strawbs put elsewhere too.

413 - Triceratops queries correct pronoun of different players including Skunk
    422 - Skunk responds

1183 - Skunk's reads, comments on Triceratops' frustration when she's called out on her absences, null read

2153 - Skunk puts Triceratops in her Null reads

2204 - Same

2724 - Skunk is thrown by Kolido and Triceratops posting

3189 - Skunk's last post should she die by munch in the morning, again says got nothing on Triceratops

Conclusion: by far the poster still alive which Triceratops had the least dealings with and vice versa. In fact, other than the initial post of Triceratops asking for the pronouns to use, she has zero mention of Skunk at all, all the above were Skunk mentioning of Triceratops. And Skunk never has Triceratops down as anything worse than "null". Yet ... voted for her last lynch. Nothing in the posts above would indicate it was going to go that way. I know we said blind voting, but ... nothing!! Hmmm?

Realised today that I haven’t watched the last episode of Black Mirror season 4

It’s such a good show

I’d disagree. I’ve been on her all game. It would have been easy for me to go after her again

It would have been easy for you to go with her, but would you if you didn't think you'd get her across the mislynch line?

Now that I think of it, maybe you could have. While Bounty was the only one to vote for her previous lynch, of those who voted for her in the one prior, the tied lynch between her and Kolido, all are still alive (you, Bounty and Clara). So yeah, a point in your favour, maybe a wolf you would have aimed for a mislynch instead of a munch.

Feck it, I dunno any more. One more combo to do. Then I might go cry in a corner!!

Triceratops & Tusk|413|510|2853, 2857, 2865, 2866, 2887, 3050, 3053, 3054, 3236|1216, 1795|2016|2932

413 - Triceratops queries correct pronoun of different players including Tusk

510 - Triceratops explaining some Werewolf terms to Tusk. Coulda been done in a backroom, but doesn't rule out them not having one, as it's a nice opportunity to "prove" that there is no backroom.

1216 - Tusk's reads, includes Triceratops as villager lean (10/5, 10am)

1795 - Tusk's reads, now includes Triceratops as wolfy (11/5, midday). No real explanation of why she's gone from Villager to Wolf in just over a day

2016 - Tusk includes Triceratops in his list of "bad feeling about".

2853 - Triceratops' reply to Tusk asking about unordered FFAs. Not listed in Strawbs table, but presumably in answer, the post below by Tusk says that Triceratops makes reasonable points.

2857 - Triceratops replying, advocating supply of FFAs at a certain time

2865 - Triceratops asking Tusk for clarification on a previous post about Ecto

2866 - and Tusk replying that it was.

2887 - Tusk compiles list of reasons everyone provided as to why they weren't munched yet, including Triceratops saying that she was a potential lynch victim.

2932 - Tusk has Triceratops in a "less villagery" category behind "wolfy" Kolido and Strawbs.
    3028* - Tusk reiterates Pter's question to Triceratops as to why she shouldn't be killed
    3050 - Tusk does not like voting for Triceratops solely for being a low poster.

3053 - Triceratops replies to Tusk and Pter with weak-ass defense.

3054 - Tusk agrees she missed Triceratops' previous answer (when I asked her the same thing). Smilie face and thanked by Triceratops.

3236 - Tusk wondering if Clarabel and Triceratops voted for Cross together to stop Digi getting the axe

Conclusion: never really on Triceratops' case, but voted for her when she got lynched. Up to then, she was more null or even villagery to her. Nothing in interaction ruling out teammates. Nothing strongly in favour of it either.

* Not included in Strawbs' spreadsheet

Not right. Explain please.

You say you’ve time now. ISO me and see if it confirms or changes your mind. Come back to me with something solid.

If I was a wolf I’d never win with you around in a LYLO situation so you’d be the one I’d munch. But I’m not a wolf.

Because strawberry voted for you and then she was munched.

I have time. I still have no idea what country my personal laptop is in. At this point I'm hoping it's in London along with my shoes that I've misplaced.
    How do I even start doing an ISO on a phone? I've been reading back through old posts. I've said today and I'll say it again. I'm confused by the vote on you. I'm pretty sure you're village, but strabs felt she was on to something, you, and then she was munched.

I haven't been munched yet cause strawbs needed to be silenced and I've fairly been flying under the radar, with my limited schedule and being completely distracted.

And finally (and jJust for Tusk, I'll include myself on this list):

Triceratops & ….|Bounty Hunter|Clarabel|Green&Red|TheSkunk|tusk|quickbeam
    Voted for her…||Lynch 6||Lynch 6|Lynch 6|Lynch 4, 5 & 6
    She voted for …|||Lynch 4 & Lynch 6|||
    Could be paired with*||||Yes|Yes|
    Could be long-termed bus with*|Yes||Yes|||Yes
    *per Strawbs' post #3452 which we can now at least trust as being honest even if we can't know if it's correct.

Because strawberry voted for you and then she was munched.

I have time. I still have no idea what country my personal laptop is in. At this point I'm hoping it's in London along with my shoes that I've misplaced.
    How do I even start doing an ISO on a phone? I've been reading back through old posts. I've said today and I'll say it again. I'm confused by the vote on you. I'm pretty sure you're village, but strabs felt she was on to something, you, and then she was munched.

I haven't been munched yet cause strawbs needed to be silenced and I've fairly been flying under the radar, with my limited schedule and being completely distracted.

That would be a very silly reason for a wolf to munch a player. It'd be too easy to get caught.

If Strawbs really had something on me, why was she not saying what it was before night stopped her? She had the time. I really think she was bluffing with that, and I gave her the nod (so to speak) and let her be.

That would be a very silly reason for a wolf to munch a player. It'd be too easy to get caught.

If Strawbs really had something on me, why was she not saying what it was before night stopped her? She had the time. I really think she was bluffing with that, and I gave her the nod (so to speak) and let her be.

But why do you think she voted for you?
    Lynch 4, 5 & 6 .....again. I don't think it's you, really. But I can't let it go

Here's the full conversation.

All the votes. Apart from QB, everyone seems to have voted differently to their previous votes.
    What does that tell you?
    It tells me the pairings list had 2 players rattled.
    Please don’t be obscure. Who got rattled?
    Hopefully get to continue our conversation tomorrow, QB.

Nite all x
    I don’t mean that as a criticism. Just that we’re running out of time if you’ve learned something useful.
    :confused:
    I don’t trust the majority of ya and you were meant to vote me to put me out of my misery!!!
    I think I get ya. Ok.

Look, maybe she did suspect me (wrongly), and I totally picked her up wrongly. But I really think if she had something, or thought she had something on a wolf, she had the time there to say it. She was being deliberately obscure and I begged her to reveal if she had anything. When she didn't I got (or think I got) that she was just baiting the wolves. That she'd found something out that the wolves would need to silence her on. Maybe she even thought her own flip would help the village and that's why she wanted to be munched and baited the wolves to do so. But that first comment above, analysing the votes came after the lynch form closed. It was something she discovered AFTER she'd voted for me. Or, IMO, pretended to discover.

But why do you think she voted for you?
    Lynch 4, 5 & 6 .....again. I don't think it's you, really. But I can't let it go

If you want to ISO me, go to Full Site mode, go to the Werewolf forum. On the right of the game thread there's a linkable number (currently 3,589). Click on that and it'll pop up a list of posters on the thread. I'm there, third on the list (just 20 behind Pter!!). Click on the number of posts. It'll open up a page showing all my posts. Under Advanced Search, choose Oldest First (default is Best Match). Then have a read through and click on the posts that look interesting. Maybe have a pen and paper beside you for taking notes. Come back to me when done.

• Advertisement

Okay, after my analysis, I'm not sure what's even changed in my reads. Everyone seemed to have "soft" accusations against Triceratops. Nobody actually voted for her until last lynch. I need a break away from the laptop, so this could change overnight, but I have a vague rearrangment:

--Wolfiest--
    Skunk
    Clara
    Tusk
    Bounty
    GnR
    QB
    --Villageriest--

It kinda breaks my heart to see my two Digi5 compatriots so high up the wolfy list now. Confirmation bias is an awful thing in this game. You get so used to assuming someone is a villager that it's hard to accept it might not be the case.

I haven't cast a vote yet. I'd say there's a very high possibility that after some time away from the computer the above will change again.

I appreciate some feedback. I know 4 of your are trust-worthy so will take on board anything you say, if you read things differently, or whatever.

Please also feel free to do the same analysis on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

3236 - Tusk wondering if Clarabel and Triceratops voted for Cross together to stop Digi getting the axe

Thanks for this QB. This is where my suspicion of clara first popped up.

Why would skunk have bussed her with the second vote on her?

Why would QB have bussed her with the first?

If strawbs was here, she would do up a beast of a timeline of vote, ffa, potential vote hints which could help with the idea of whether TB was publicly in danger. And could show if it would make sense to bus her.

I can't get my head around why they would bus at this late stage. Surely if two wolves pushed hard enough they could have got us off tb and enough votes on someone else. Then they've a mislynch and a munch with still two of them alive. Bussing and leaving them with just 1 in 7 doesn't seem like a great plan tbh.

Agree. Everything you say makes sense. I haven't a clue :(

tusk wrote: »
    Thanks for this QB. This is where my suspicion of clara first popped up.

TB hadn't even entered my radar at that point. I voted cross the second time because after the first no post but vote he looked very wolf to me. Himself and Digi were in same boat. Either of them could have been a wolf. I randomly picked cross the first time.

TB hadn't even entered my radar at that point. I voted cross the second time because after the first no post but vote he looked very wolf to me. Himself and Digi were in same boat. Either of them could have been a wolf. I randomly picked cross the first time.

This is exactly what tb said...

I think I may have convinced myself that you're not the wolf with my above bussing tirade.

Need to keep thinking though.

And I really need to see that timeline.

tusk wrote: »

And I really need to see that timeline.

Strawbert! If you can hear me out there. Telepathy that timeline right into my brain pls :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I’m backkkkk. Going to catch up now, yall better not be ripping each other apart. I’ll snap with how close we are :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Done this on my laptop last night. Updated just now to include Strawbs flipped green.
    Necro wrote: »
    Player Name No. of Votes Voters
    kitten_k 3 tritium, Ectoplasm, sKeith
    Dublinandy2 3 Pter, Green&Red, duffman13
    sKeith 2 kitten_k, TheSkunk
    TheSkunk 2 quickbeam, tusk
    Kolido 2 crosstownk, Strawberry Milkshake
    Barney92 1 Digital Solitude
    fixxxer 1 Barney92
    Green&Red 1 fixxxer
    Pter 1 Dublinandy2
    duffman13 1 Triceratops Ballet
    Loughc 1 Kolido
    crosstownk 1 Clarabel
    Strawberry Milkshake 1 Bounty Hunter

Did Not Vote: Succubus_, Loughc

kitten_k lynched by virtue of last vote cast.

Digital Solitude 5 quickbeam, Pter, Dublinandy2, The Skunk, tusk
    crosstownk 4 Clarabel, sKeith, Kolido, Triceratops Ballet
    Strawberry Milkshake 4 Green&Red, fixxxer, Bounty Hunter,Ectoplasm
    fixxxer 3 Strawberry Milkshake, duffman13, Barney92
    Bounty Hunter 1 Digital Solitude
    Kolido 1 crosstownk
    Did Not Vote 2 Loughc, Succubus_
    sKeith wrote: »
    Player Name | No. of Votes | Voters
    sKeith|8|Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, quickbeam, pter, tusk, theskunk, dunlinandy, green&red
    fixxxer|4|ectoplasm, sKeith, Strawberry Milkshake, kolido
    Strawberry Milkshake | 1 | Clarabel

Did not vote|3|crosstownk, duffman13, tricerotops ballet
    fixxxer 5 tusk, Strawberry Milkshake, Ectoplasm, Kolido, TheSkunk
    Kolido 4 Pter, Bounty Hunter, fixxxer, Green&Red
    Green&Red 2 Clarabel, Triceratops Ballet
    Triceratops Ballet 1 quickbeam
    Did Not Vote 2 crosstownk, duffman13