Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Even the promoters dont give a hoot about Duran Duran anymore ha. Still waiting on news about June's St Anne's Park gig

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

mfceiling wrote: »
    Any word on Fontaines DC in the Iveagh Gardens?

I have tickets, got an email on Monday afternoon saying it's postponed (no surprises there), rescheduled date TBC. Iveagh Gardens gigs can really only go ahead same time next year, and switching venue is probably not an option given the backlog of other gigs that have been postponed.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

All Belsonic Belfast gigs rescheduled to 2021. Looks like it'll be announced soon that the Rammstein gig will be rescheduled to 2021 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Lionel Richie in St Annes Park is now Saturday 5th June 2021.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    All Belsonic Belfast gigs rescheduled to 2021. Looks like it'll be announced soon that the Rammstein gig will be rescheduled to 2021 too.

I'm going to Fontaines DC in the Botanic Gardens; looks in that case like I won't be going until 2021

• Advertisement

I'm going to Fontaines DC in the Botanic Gardens; looks in that case like I won't be going until 2021

Live at Botanic is being run by Aiken, I've actually no idea whats happening with that event at all. There's been no indication what they're planning but I seriously doubt it will go ahead. Most of the summer events for Belfast are already postponed or cancelled.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Any word on sinead o Connor in Belfast in early June?

I've read nothing yet about a reschedule date or cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭fafy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Any word on sinead o Connor in Belfast in early June?

I've read nothing yet about a reschedule date or cancellation

I’d say its likely due to the venue - Botanic Gardens, there were 6 acts scheduled to appear there over this summer, and only 1 postponed so far, The National, Fontaines, Sinead O Connor - and others - nothing for these so far, so they could be waiting on a venue decision, for proposed rescheduled dates.

Other NI gigs like Ormeau Park have already been rescheduled for most of the gigs.

Yeah I've heard nothing yet about any of the Botanic Gardens shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Government announced roadmap. For gigs, this is relevant bit. Its phase 5 from 10th August.

'' Festivals, events and other social and cultural mass gatherings only in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers and where social distancing can be complied with''

Not sure what numbers will be at that date and how/if social distancing is possible. But maybe a glimmer of hope that gigs may be able to take place in Autumn/this year. I was thinking it would be 2021 at the earliest but might be small bit of hope so all going well.

• Advertisement

massive if here but if Autumn/Winter shows are allowed take place and they do (up to the artist really) i will very very much enjoy my day :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Eod100 wrote: »
    Government announced roadmap. For gigs, this is relevant bit. Its phase 5 from 10th August.

'' Festivals, events and other social and cultural mass gatherings only in accordance with both indoor and outdoor numbers and where social distancing can be complied with''

Not sure what numbers will be at that date and how/if social distancing is possible. But maybe a glimmer of hope that gigs may be able to take place in Autumn/this year. I was thinking it would be 2021 at the earliest but might be small bit of hope so all going well.
    Phase 5 where social distancing can be complied with.

I'm not sure there's any way of enjoying a gig with social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

MCD saying there releasing the schedule of all rescheduled gigs tomorrow , hopefully a bit of clarity on the Guns N Roses gig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    MCD saying there releasing the schedule of all rescheduled gigs tomorrow , hopefully a bit of clarity on the Guns N Roses gig

Where have they said that?
    That would be great!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Phase 5 where social distancing can be complied with.

I'm not sure there's any way of enjoying a gig with social distancing.

Ah yeah, did say how/if social distancing if possible in my post. Guess I'd be more thinking if that's by 10th August, there may be small hope of gigs going ahead in September or October. Then again, lot of gigs already cancelled, travel could be an issue and people could be reluctant to go back to venues straight away so a lot of ifs and buts. Will have to wait and see!

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Where have they said that?
    That would be great!

I read it wrong its actually daily updates on rescheduled shows from midday everyday. They said a week ago that they would release a full schedule of rescheduled shows and that never came to fruition. Aiken have seemed to reschedule a lot of their shows in less time so i habe no idea what the hold up could be with MCD

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Noticed on Ticketmaster, Big Thief show in September is cancelled.

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Noticed on Ticketmaster, Big Thief show in September is cancelled.

Yeah cancelled during the week.

Still no word from MCD regarding some shows its a bit of a shambles considering they said one week theyd have all shows announced and this week saying theyd put out all the updates and not a word from them yet its beyond frustrating

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Still no word from MCD regarding some shows its a bit of a shambles considering they said one week theyd have all shows announced and this week saying theyd put out all the updates and not a word from them yet its beyond frustrating

Yeah nothing yet on Trinity series and that was supposed to be happening end of next month. Hopefully hear something soon. Not great communication to just leave people hanging.

• Advertisement

Nothing about Duran Duran in St Annes Park either

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say they are waiting to confirm if any of the shows will be cancelled or postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭fafy

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah I've heard nothing yet about any of the Botanic Gardens shows.

All officially postponed, currently working on new dates:
    https://twitter.com/Liveatbotanic/status/1258305899669659649?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, did say how/if social distancing if possible in my post. Guess I'd be more thinking if that's by 10th August, there may be small hope of gigs going ahead in September or October. Then again, lot of gigs already cancelled, travel could be an issue and people could be reluctant to go back to venues straight away so a lot of ifs and buts. Will have to wait and see!

September 2021 is doubtful let alone this year. 40000/50000 people in one area is a long long way off phase 5.

Hoboo wrote: »
    September 2021 is doubtful let alone this year. 40000/50000 people in one area is a long long way off phase 5.

Ah yeah, all along I was thinking it would be next year at the earliest but blueprint gave a small glimmer of hope. Not a chance a gig that size will go ahead this year alright which I never thought it would. EP will be off. Hard to see 3 Arena happening before 2021. Was more thinking smaller gigs but even then if social distancing not possible it's probably unlikely.

YouTube and bootleg recordings help with the gig desperation

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For those who haven't heard (as didn't get an email or anything), Dolan's Presents are rescheduling all their shows (including The National) to 2021. No dates as of yet.

I only realised yesterday when I got an email from the hotel I booked for that night saying they'd be closed and had to refund, so checked Dolan's page.

Basq wrote: »
    For those who haven't heard (as didn't get an email or anything), Dolan's Presents are rescheduling all their shows (including The National) to 2021. No dates as of yet.

I only realised yesterday when I got an email from the hotel I booked for that night saying they'd be closed and had to refund, so checked Dolan's page.

Just checked The National's site. Cork, Limerick and Dublin gigs have disappeared from tour page. Belfast still there for some reason. Checked it the other day and were all still there. Obviously were cancelled anyway but must have only been updated recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ They weren't playing Dublin as far as I know.

Gigs were still listed on there yesterday afternoon so it's definitely in the last 24 hours or so.

Lack of communication from Dolan's, bar a FB post, is poor. But at least they're trying to reschedule.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    ^ They weren't playing Dublin as far as I know.

Gigs were still listed on there yesterday afternoon so it's definitely in the last 24 hours or so.

Lack of communication from Dolan's, bar a FB post, is poor. But at least they're trying to reschedule.

Yeah you're right, dunno where I got Dublin from tbh! Yeah it's weird cos they have other gigs up which surely are cancelled now that other gigs are, doubt they're playing Sweden, Belfast, UK say. They didn't put anything in news section or leave gig info up to say its cancelled.

Yeah only got email from Aiken about rescheduling Marquee but nothing since. Was hoping it would be fairly straight forward to shift all the European dates until roughly same time next year but maybe not

Advertisement