Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

God I miss the days when this thread was 'When are Pearl Jam/Bruce Springsteen/Garth Brooks/AC/DC coming back?'

Dont know what you have till it's gone! :P Bring it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

God I miss the days when this thread was 'When are Pearl Jam/Bruce Springsteen/Garth Brooks/AC/DC coming back?'

I dont, Iv read enough of that shïte to last me a lifetime. But I'd give my left nut to be back in a dive of a venue watching the worst band ever as it would mean music venues are open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone watch the Post Malone Nirvana tribute, not a fan at all of his music but it wasn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

mfceiling wrote: »
    Any word on Fontaines DC in the Iveagh Gardens?

Postponed mate. Check your Ticketmaster account .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Post Malone Nirvana tribute, not a fan at all of his music but it wasn't bad
    Yeah watched it last night, I thought it was quite good.
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/post-malone-nirvana-tribute/
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/post-malone-nirvana-tribute-concert-covid-19-relief-989987/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah I enjoyed it. I have a bit more respect for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Oh Sees in the Button Factory moved to Sunday 8th - Monday 9th of November

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Postponed mate. Check your Ticketmaster account .

What should the account say? Is there an area for notifications? All my concerts are still live, Ticketmaster are still selling tickets to GnR in June ffs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Hoboo wrote: »
    What should the account say? Is there an area for notifications? All my concerts are still live, Ticketmaster are still selling tickets to GnR in June ffs :)

Gnr are working on rescheduling the shows according to their manager , they already rescheduled their south american tour. We will find out tomorrow what the deal is with all the gigs according to MCD

They put the show at the bottom of your events and it says postponed rescheduling new dates , youll get an email from ticketmaster about it

Sun Kil Moon postponed until November. Whatever about rescheduled gigs not sure how promoters can sell tickets for later on in the year with no certainty that they can go ahead.https://twitter.com/Select1veMemory/status/1254745981276618752?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Gnr are working on rescheduling the shows according to their manager , they already rescheduled their south american tour. We will find out tomorrow what the deal is with all the gigs according to MCD

They put the show at the bottom of your events and it says postponed rescheduling new dates , youll get an email from ticketmaster about it

Reckon some gigs will be TBA in the email

Looks like Aiken are rescheduling gigs in Whelans, Button Factory and Vicar Street and in May and June to later this year or next year. Was probably obvious but its hard to see any gigs even if under 5000 going ahead this summer so.

My Chemical Romance moved to June 22 2021
    Pet Shop Boys Marquee Cork June 23rd 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Email today saying The National gig in Cork has been postponed, that should mean the others will be postponed also.

Also saw on NME that Radiohead were planning a tour for next year, and thanks to this virus it has put plans on hold. Also not helped is the fact Thom Yorke has been forced to change dates on his tour.

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Email today saying The National gig in Cork has been postponed, that should mean the others will be postponed also.

Also saw on NME that Radiohead were planning a tour for next year, and thanks to this virus it has put plans on hold. Also not helped is the fact Thom Yorke has been forced to change dates on his tour.

Yeah got that email too. Hopefully it will actually be postponed and it's not just a holding email so they don't have to pay out refunds all at the one time. Guess it probably takes time if acts are coming here as part of big European tour to be fair though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Email to about orbital at the marquee, rescheduled, no date yet but ticket remains valid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Gerry Cinnamon 2020 Ireland dates rescheduled to exactly 1 year later- less 1 day so Friday is still Friday etc. same venues

No word on the larger gigs was expecting them to be main priority when they were going to release the "full schedule" today even gigs on in a month no word on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No word on the larger gigs was expecting them to be main priority when they were going to release the "full schedule" today even gigs on in a month no word on them?

Waiting for the euro 2021 fixtures perhaps ??

Waiting on 2 gigs myself to be rescheduled/cancelled

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Waiting for the euro 2021 fixtures perhaps ??

Waiting on 2 gigs myself to be rescheduled/cancelled

Yeah a bit of clarification is needed , i think personally that its disgraceful that they are still selling tickets for concerts this summer with no word on if they are going to be rescheduled or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yeah a bit of clarification is needed , i think personally that its disgraceful that they are still selling tickets for concerts this summer with no word on if they are going to be rescheduled or not

Anyone still buying tickets needs their heads checked though to be fair.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Penfailed wrote: »
    Anyone still buying tickets needs their heads checked though to be fair.

I'm still going to buy tickets. Better having tickets than a tm gift card that expires before Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I'm still going to buy tickets. Better having tickets than a tm gift card that expires before Xmas!

For real? :D

Chemical Brothers at independent park in Cork pushed back to 29th June 2021 just recieved an email notifying me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Chemical Brothers at independent park in Cork pushed back to 29th June 2021 just recieved an email notifying me

had no interest in this this year, now im thinking im going to every single gig next year!

All the cork gigs in independent park have been pushed back a year

Which gigs are they? Seems like a lot have been rescheduled now

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

No word from MCD about the DMAs - originally scheduled for Friday and Saturday week.Postponed a few weeks back. I see most of their UK tour has been rescheduled for October but no dates here yet.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Which gigs are they? Seems like a lot have been rescheduled now

Gnr , Kings of Leon , Green day , Gervais 2 sold out nights in may etc. All they post is vote on an artists best song , at least aiken are on the ball and have sorted all their major gigs

• Advertisement

Gnr , Kings of Leon , Green day , Gervais 2 sold out nights in may etc. All they post is vote on an artists best song , at least aiken are on the ball and have sorted all their major gigs

Green Day looks like its rescheduled. Waiting on new date.https://mcd.ie/artists/green-day/ Not sure about it other but say they'll be rescheduled or cancelled over next few weeks

Advertisement