Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fafy wrote: »
    Will be interesting to se me how many Marquee gigs can be rescheduled, at least half of them, as about half are Irish acts making it logistically, a lot easier.

Hoping a few of the international ones too. Only have tickets for the National so would be great if that could be rescheduled but might be tricky unless artists postpone whole tours to next summer. Not sure how far in advance bands plan tours but if they don't have anything already planned for next year, venues and artists might be glad of the revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Xenji wrote: »
    Social distancing measures would still have to be enforced at these gigs you would imagine meaning you would have to limit capacity.

An odd example I saw today was the about the Basilica in Knock.
    I can't see how they could manage social distancing. In cinemas I saw seats blocked out, so every second seat was used.

The crowd heading to the Basilica would be a bit more compliant and sober than the crowd at GNR! imagine all these seats spread out distanced aparts and people sitting there abiding by the rules, -not a hope. And imagine the queue system to get in, and emergency exits required, bar lines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

The Hella Mega tour is being rescheduled for next summer they just announced it there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Will be interesting to se me how many Marquee gigs can be rescheduled, at least half of them, as about half are Irish acts making it logistically, a lot easier.
    To be fair, Coronas, Nathan Carter, Jenny Green, Christy Moore and a few more were probably gonna play next year anyway.

Killers rescheduled to Tuesday 15th of June and Wednesday 16th June 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Good deal from Life festival, basically a half-price ticket for next year:
    LIFE FESTIVAL 2020 REFUND OFFER

Due to the ongoing situation regarding Covid-19 we are sadly unable to proceed with Life Festival this May. This is hugely disappointing for the whole festival team who have put a huge amount of work into this year's event. We were really looking forward to celebrating our 15th anniversary with you but we're sorry to say that this will have to wait until 2021.

What's next? We want to keep bringing you Life Festival for many years to come but we can't do this without you. There have been a huge amount of resources put into this year's event so we need to ask for your support.

We are offering everyone a 50% refund on your ticket and in return you will get a FULL WEEKEND TICKET for Life 2021! This would go towards covering non-refundable costs for this year's event like flights, promotion, staff, office & more and we hope this is also a great offer back to you in return for your support.

If you have an instalment ticket you can exchange your first payment for a 2021 ticket, (You will not be required to pay the final instalment) or course if you require your first payment refunded we completely understand and can process this if requested.

THIS OFFER IS LIMITED PLEASE LET US KNOW IN THE FORM BELOW BY FRIDAY 1ST MAY. THE 2021 TICKET OFFER WILL NOT APPLY AFTER THIS DATE.

We also know that it is a difficult time for everyone with many people also in tricky situations, so if you do require a full refund we completely understand and can process this if requested.

We cannot wait to get back to business in 2021 and to celebrate our 15th anniversary in style so we'll make sure that Life 2021 is worth the wait.

IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL INFO@LIFE-FESTIVAL.COM

Life Festival Team

That's a very decent incentive in fairness for anyone who can take it.

Live at the Marquee off, some gigs postponed to next year. Working to reschedule others.

https://aikenpromotions.com/component/thelist/show/2488-live-at-the-marquee-cork-live-in-live-at-the-marquee-ballintemple-Corkm-Ireland-on-28-May-2021.html?Itemid=2488

The Coronas (original date, 29 May 2020) rescheduled for 28 May 2021

The 2 Johnnies Podcast (original date, 30 May 2020),rescheduled for 29 May2021
    Sinéad O’Connor (original date, 5 June 2020) rescheduled for 20 June 2021

John Bishop (original date, 17 June 2020) rescheduled for 13 June 2021 & (original date 18 June 2020) rescheduled for 14 June 2021

Christy Moore (original date, 27 June 2020) rescheduled for 26 June 2021

Crowded House (original date, 29 June 2020) rescheduled for 28 June 2021

Same with Live at Iveagh Gardens. Some rescheduled, working on the others.

https://aikenpromotions.com/shows/show/2490-live-at-the-iveagh-gardens-1587731578.html

Damien Dempsey (original date, 10 July 2020) rescheduled for 10 July 2021

James Blunt (original date, 12 July 2020) rescheduled for 11 July 2021

Aslan (original date, 3 July 2020) rescheduled for 16 July 2021

Sinéad O'Connor (original date, 19 July 2020) rescheduled for 18 July 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Live at the Marquee off, some gigs postponed to next year. Working to reschedule others.

https://aikenpromotions.com/component/thelist/show/2488-live-at-the-marquee-cork-live-in-live-at-the-marquee-ballintemple-Corkm-Ireland-on-28-May-2021.html?Itemid=2488

The Coronas (original date, 29 May 2020) rescheduled for 28 May 2021

The 2 Johnnies Podcast (original date, 30 May 2020),rescheduled for 29 May2021
    Sinéad O’Connor (original date, 5 June 2020) rescheduled for 20 June 2021

John Bishop (original date, 17 June 2020) rescheduled for 13 June 2021 & (original date 18 June 2020) rescheduled for 14 June 2021

Christy Moore (original date, 27 June 2020) rescheduled for 26 June 2021

Crowded House (original date, 29 June 2020) rescheduled for 28 June 2021

Mainly Irish acts, all as expected, as way easier to organise. More to follow as well.
    Nathan Carter, A Womans Heart, Dido are all now marked as "cancelled" on Ticketmaster, mo mention of that either in the statement

Was there a reconfirmation of Damien Dempsey supporting Sinead O Connor in Marquee in 2021, as he was the originally announced support act for 2020 ?

The usual - absolutely no mention of refunds. Some people could do with getting them i'd say, but not a mention

• Advertisement

Mainly Irish acts, all as expected, as way easier to organise. More to follow as well.

Was there a reconfirmation of Damien Dempsey supporting Sinead O Connor in Marquee in 2021, as he was the originally announced support act for 2020

Yeah makes sense Irish acts and UK (John Bishop) would be easier to sort first. Harder rescheduling international acts when part of a European tour say.

No mention of support in link as far as I can tell. Guess that would probably be confirmed closer to the time by them.

No mention of support in link as far as I can tell. Guess that would probably be confirmed closer to the time by them.

Sinead O'Connor 2020 tickets were sold on that basis of Damien Dempsey supporting, this was announced before they went onsale, so it was a package deal of sorts

The usual - absolutely no mention of refunds. Some people could do with getting them i'd say, but not a mention

Yeah I think they're being a bit coy there. I think by rights if a gig is postponed (whether rescheduled or not) you can apply for a refund. I can understand promoter buying time but if it takes a while, people would probably take the money and buy closer to time unless its sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I got a refund by emailing TM when Ozzy postponed again

In some cases I'd prefer a refund and as someone said 'buy tickets closer to the date'

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Still no word on The National? Wonder why Rammstein are staying quiet.

DarMul17 wrote: »
    Still no word on The National? Wonder why Rammstein are staying quiet.

Nothing yet. Looks like they have 12 gigs in total for planned leg out tour around Cork, Limerick and Belfast so will be tricky to reorganise all those. Hopefully they can though

Nothing yet. Looks like they have 12 gigs in total for planned leg out tour around Cork, Limerick and Belfast so will be tricky to reorganise all those. Hopefully they can though

Hopefully, they have a European and U.S. tour to totally reschedule, so will take time.

There's a good few updates for the Marquee, to come, 3 gigs cancelled outright, and I see the PSP boys have a rescheduled UK tour, which finished in mid June, so would in theory allow them to reschedule at Marquee. We'l probably get some new additions as well.
    The National would be the biggest loss, if that goes, hopefully not, and chances improved with the other 2 Irish gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

No update on any of the Trinity Summer Series yet either that Ive seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hopefully, they have a European and U.S. tour to totally reschedule, so will take time.

There's a good few updates for the Marquee, to come, 3 gigs cancelled outright, and I see the PSP boys have a rescheduled UK tour, which finished in mid June, so would in theory allow them to reschedule at Marquee. We'l probably get some new additions as well.
    The National would be the biggest loss, if that goes, hopefully not, and chances improved with the other 2 Irish gigs.

What marquee gigs are cancelled? I only see the usual suspects, Christy etc rescheduled so far for next year!

The frames has been rescheduled to 19th June 2021 , gives a bit of hope to people going to MCR as well cause they are on in the same venue

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I know its nothing to do with gig announcements but Foo Fighters put up their Hyde Park show from 2006 up online.

Rfrip wrote: »
    What marquee gigs are cancelled? I only see the usual suspects, Christy etc rescheduled so far for next year!

3 Cancelled Marquee gigs- so far:

Dido
    Nathan Carter
    A Womans Heart

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

3 Cancelled Marquee gigs- so far:

Dido
    Nathan Carter
    A Womans Heart

It seems the not so popular gigs are getting cancelled? Anyone know how these were selling. Twenty One Pilots also cancelled their RDS gig with no new date. I'd assume sales were poor for this also and it was a chance for the promoters to cash in on a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

wacotaco wrote: »
    It seems the not so popular gigs are getting cancelled? Anyone know how these were selling. Twenty One Pilots also cancelled their RDS gig with no new date. I'd assume sales were poor for this also and it was a chance for the promoters to cash in on a loss.

Nathan Carter sells inordinately well. Promoters wouldn't have cashed in. Insurance places people in the same position they would have been in beforehand so a full crowd or poor crowd is irrelevant. And whilst these gigs may not have sold out, they'd still be profitable.

Dont acts still get paid before they even play a note on stage ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dont acts still get paid before they even play a note on stage ?

Don't think so no , from what I understand theyve to play for at least an hour and then they get paid or complete their set, cause I remember back in 2010 when Axl rose walked off in Dublin he wasn't going to get paid and had to go back on to get the cheque, fans who left wernt entitled to a refund cause he fufilled his obligation of playing. I could be completely wrong but I do think thats how it works , thats why some acts play an hour and 10 mins or 1.5hrs cause its just over the miminum time theyve to play, acts that play 2hours plus ars the exception to the rule from what ive seen where theyll play longer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Any word on Fontaines DC in the Iveagh Gardens?

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Don't think so no , from what I understand theyve to play for at least an hour and then they get paid or complete their set, cause I remember back in 2010 when Axl rose walked off in Dublin he wasn't going to get paid and had to go back on to get the cheque, fans who left wernt entitled to a refund cause he fufilled his obligation of playing. I could be completely wrong but I do think thats how it works , thats why some acts play an hour and 10 mins or 1.5hrs cause its just over the miminum time theyve to play, acts that play 2hours plus ars the exception to the rule from what ive seen where theyll play longer

all that play acting 'Im so happy to be playing in 'insert city' and Best show of the tour'

the $$$ is all that matters to the act and they would play the back arse of nowhere if the moneys right

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

God I miss the days when this thread was 'When are Pearl Jam/Bruce Springsteen/Garth Brooks/AC/DC coming back?'

• Advertisement

God I miss the days when this thread was 'When are Pearl Jam/Bruce Springsteen/Garth Brooks/AC/DC coming back?'

The future hopefully:D:D

Bruce Springsteen the most likest to return out of that list but could be 2022/23

Pearl Jam/ACDC 50/50

Garth Brooks prob not as he cant get his head around the laws here and the governor of ireland cant change it

Advertisement