Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RDS Horse Show cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

RDS Horse Show cancelled.

Cant see how they will host concerts there then so

Hoping for HELLAMEGA to be rescheduled for 2021. Dont care what venue it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I know she hadnt announced an Irish show here this year but Taylor Swift has cancelled her European tour

Most of her dates were as part of festivals which have been cancelled it wouldnt make financial sense for her to come all the way over for the 1 or 2 stand alone dates she had.
    As well as the risk of COVID 19 of course

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Oktoberfest cancelled in Germany.
    I was thinking that would be a sign that it is unlikely that they will be allowing concerts to go ahead in September/October.

But F**k me! I searched to see how many attend Oktoberfest - 6 MILLION!!

Uncomparable to a concert. It's also 16 days long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Suckit wrote: »
    Oktoberfest cancelled in Germany.
    I was thinking that would be a sign that it is unlikely that they will be allowing concerts to go ahead in September/October.

But F**k me! I searched to see how many attend Oktoberfest - 6 MILLION!!

Uncomparable to a concert. It's also 16 days long.

Yeah say there was no way an event that size could go ahead and it is Germany but could be events over certain size wont be able to take place here either until next year. Obviously have to wait and see but think it seems like first wave may be over by summer but another one could be back in Autumn so could have lessening and tightening restrictions over time

• Advertisement

No mass gatherings including sports fixtures and concerts until August at the earliest, apparently. Don't think anyone would be too surprised by that. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/coronavirus-all-mass-gatherings-in-state-set-to-be-banned-until-august-1.4234326

Eod100 wrote: »
    No mass gatherings including sports fixtures and concerts until August at the earliest, apparently. Don't think anyone would be too surprised by that. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/coronavirus-all-mass-gatherings-in-state-set-to-be-banned-until-august-1.4234326

I'd take that if it means we might have a chance of mass gatherings after that time

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'd take that if it means we might have a chance of mass gatherings after that time

Well its August at the earliest. After that, sure but it's a case of how long after that. My default is still to write this year off and if there are gigs great. If not could be next year at earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭fafy

That would be around the max capacity limit of the Marquee(5,000) for the standing gigs, allthough, can’t see it going ahead as planned, as four of the gigs are on in late May, just 1 (PSB) of the 23 gigs, has been officially cancelled. But they could defer it until August/September.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

All major public gatherings including even the Tidy Towns competition will not take place this summer. The Government has confirmed that events with crowds of more than 5,000 will not be licenced up to the end of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Nowso wrote: »
    All major public gatherings including even the Tidy Towns competition will not take place this summer. The Government has confirmed that events with crowds of more than 5,000 will not be licenced up to the end of August.

Really?

fafy wrote: »
    That would be around the max capacity limit of the Marquee(5,000) for the standing gigs, allthough, can’t see it going ahead as planned, as four of the gigs are on in late May, just 1 (PSB) of the 23 gigs, has been officially cancelled. But they could defer it until August/September.

Yeah Aiken had been very quiet about LATM. I'd say it will be off altogether this year unfortunately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Really?
    yes the olympia might get busy soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Note that these are plans to be announced. Could be even tighter for indoor gigs when the details come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'd imagine this is going to be Europe wide, essentially all this summers tours pushed forward a year, promoters won't lose major money and it essentially guarantees a summer cash injection for 2021, just need the bands to stay alive....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Note that these are plans to be announced. Could be even tighter for indoor gigs when the details come out.

There plans have been announced this evening by government now.
    No mention of indoor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

bennyl10 wrote: »
    There plans have been announced this evening by government now.
    No mention of indoor

Did they not say ALL gatherings of 5000 plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Did they not say ALL gatherings of 5000 plus?

As we learned during garthgate, all outdoor gatherings of 5000 or more would need a license (and technically shouldn't sell tickets without them) the likes of the 3, Olympia etc are theatres but are currently classed as non essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Plenty of events under 5000 will still be banned under other legislation, probably the same legislation in March that banned events over 100 people.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    As we learned during garthgate, all outdoor gatherings of 5000 or more would need a license (and technically shouldn't sell tickets without them) the likes of the 3, Olympia etc are theatres but are currently classed as non essential.

Even though all gigs have the subject to licence in their ads. But reckon it's more how long it takes a licence than anything that tickets are sold ahead of one granted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cant see how they will host concerts there then so

Hoping for HELLAMEGA to be rescheduled for 2021. Dont care what venue it is

Take Hella Mega, GnR and a few more and throw them all into Slane on one day, all existing tickets valid. in my dreams :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭its_steve116

julyjane wrote: »
    Take Hella Mega, GnR and a few more and throw them all into Slane on one day, all existing tickets valid. in my dreams :D

It would be cool if GNR became the only band other than U2 to headline Slane three times.

Body and Soul
    Indipendence

Just announced they are not happening

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im guessing any gatherings under 5000 would still require 2 metre social distancing which is why it would be impossible to run any events during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Body and Soul
    Indipendence

Just announced they are not happening

Fair play for the swift responses from them

ATN too

Wonder how long EP will take to announce

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Jaysus and we can't even blame Garth Brooks for it this time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Life Festival officially cancelled as well.

Presume Forbidden Fruit and Longitude will announce today/tomorrow too.

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Jaysus and we can't even blame Garth Brooks for it this time!!!

Actually feel better about this years cancellations than I did about his back in 2014

Money grabbing cowboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

From MCD this morning

"Further to the Government’s announcement to ban until 31st August 2020 all events over 5,000 capacity that require a licence, MCD Productions is in the process of rescheduling all of the shows affected by same.

We will issue a daily update at 12 noon regarding rescheduled shows for which existing tickets will remain valid.

Regrettably, it will not be possible to reschedule all of the affected events and a small number will be cancelled with full refunds available.

We expect to finalise a full schedule by next Tuesday 28th April 2020"

https://mcd.ie/rescheduled-events/

Advertisement