Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Just letting you all know that it seems that Ticketmaster have changed their refund policy and it looks like your only getting a refund if the event is cancelled completley.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/04/10/ticketmaster-quietly-changes-refund-policy/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Just letting you all know that it seems that Ticketmaster have changed their refund policy and it looks like your only getting a refund if the event is cancelled completley.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/04/10/ticketmaster-quietly-changes-refund-policy/

Thats Ticketmaster US.

European law states that a refund must be given if an event is postponed so Ticketmaster cannot enact that policy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats Ticketmaster US.

European law states that a refund must be given if an event is postponed so Ticketmaster cannot enact that policy here.

They are slow to advertise that people can get a refund for a postponed gig but yeah doesn't change people's rights tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »

So I imagine they can hold off say its postponed until the last minute if they want. I was thinking that is why nothing has been said about the likes of sunstroke. They want to hold onto money as long as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Absolutely. Ticketmaster do not want to be refunding people so will put up as many indications to dissuade them.

Simply put, if your event is cancelled or postponed, you're entitled to a refund (if you want it vs a rescheduled event). It's irrelevant if the new date hasn't been announced but the gig has to be postponed so you can't claim for a gig that looks like it will be postponed for example.

If ticketmaster then start d!cking around with your refund or claiming you can't have it or telling you to wait, lodge a visa or mastercard chargeback with your bank. Remember, the announcement of a new date is irrelevant, once its postponed, you have rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kodaline postpone all of their May gigs to September.

Tickets for the 27th May 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Wednesday 9th September 2020.

Tickets for the 28th May 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Thursday 10th September 2020.

Tickets for the 1st June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Friday 11th September 2020.

Tickets for the 2nd June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Saturday 12th September 2020.

Tickets for the 3rd June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Monday 14th September 2020.

Tickets for the 5th June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Tuesday 15th September 2020.

Tickets for the 6th June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Wednesday 16th September 2020.

Tickets for the 8th June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Thursday 17th September 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Kodaline postpone all of their May gigs to September.

Tickets for the 27th May 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Wednesday 9th September 2020.

Tickets for the 28th May 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Thursday 10th September 2020.

Tickets for the 1st June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Friday 11th September 2020.

Tickets for the 2nd June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Saturday 12th September 2020.

Tickets for the 3rd June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Monday 14th September 2020.

Tickets for the 5th June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Tuesday 15th September 2020.

Tickets for the 6th June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Wednesday 16th September 2020.

Tickets for the 8th June 2020 will now be valid for the rescheduled show on Thursday 17th September 2020.

A wonder how they have so many consecutive nights :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭fafy

A wonder how they have so many consecutive nights :eek:

I would imagine, there has been such a high volume of rescheduled gigs, the 1 or two night breaks they had in their previous schedule, are no longer available. All the venues must be trying to fit several months gigs into the last few months of the year, no easy task I'd say.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Suggestions from Germany that concerts and sport may have to take place there without spectators for another 18 months

If we're continuing to practice social distancing until they have a vaccine it could be even longer, as even when they have a vaccine it's going to take a long time to get everyone immunised

Think there's a significant chance that concerts arranged/rearranged for later this year will be postponed again, as could some (re)arranged for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 34,285 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's nuts, a Monday goes to Friday, Tuesday to a Saturday, a Friday to a Tuesday, a Saturday to a Wednesday...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Suggestions from Germany that concerts and sport may have to take place there without spectators for another 18 months

If we're continuing to practice social distancing until they have a vaccine it could be even longer, as even when they have a vaccine it's going to take a long time to get everyone immunised

Think there's a significant chance that concerts arranged/rearranged for later this year will be postponed again, as could some (re)arranged for next year

I think the sports thing could be unworkable with the amount of people it takes for a match to go ahead.

Not sure how it would work for gigs, people paying to watch a livestreamed gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭fafy

That's nuts, a Monday goes to Friday, Tuesday to a Saturday, a Friday to a Tuesday, a Saturday to a Wednesday...

Ya, we are in totally unchartered & unique territory, venues are going to cram in, as many gigs as they can possibly do, for the later part of this year, and have lost a fortune in business already, staff laid off, some venues, probably will not survive this, it can’t be helped, the way the new dates have fallen- for this and other gigs, and any ticket buyers it doesent suit, can always get a refund if they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fafy wrote: »
    it can’t be helped, the way the new dates have fallen
    It can be helped, where possible a friday gig should change to another friday, a saturday to another saturday etc

Many people have to travel, these days of the week might suit for other reasons, work etc. Many who travel on a friday might stay the night in the area and have the saturday off rather than take 2 days off work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rubadub wrote: »
    It can be helped, where possible a friday gig should change to another friday, a saturday to another saturday etc

Many people have to travel, these days of the week might suit for other reasons, work etc. Many who travel on a friday might stay the night in the area and have the saturday off rather than take 2 days off work.

Dont worry, unfortunately these gigs wont happen anyways as people have mentioned we wont have any gigs for the rest of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kodaline won’t be playing September that’s for sure

Dont worry, unfortunately these gigs wont happen anyways as people have mentioned we wont have any gigs for the rest of the year

Yeah was thinking when Bon Iver was rescheduled to January 2021 it might be a bit optimistic. Was hoping things would be back to normal by next summer at the latest but if it's Autumn 2021 at the earliest, will have to go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Kilteragh

Suede in Dun Laoghaire cancelled. Just got the mail from Ticketmaster. Refunds being processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Update from Germany, their schools are to reopen on May 4th in steps, no large gatherings or concerts until September, no obligation to wear masks.

I think we have been following their lead to an extent. So it could be good news. Fingers crossed. Although it may rule out EP as that is early September, and we are at least two weeks behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Suckit wrote: »
    Update from Germany, their schools are to reopen on May 4th in steps, no large gatherings or concerts until September, no obligation to wear masks.

I think we have been following their lead to an extent. So it could be good news. Fingers crossed. Although it may rule out EP as that is early September, and we are at least two weeks behind them.

Fingers crossed

Sick of all the negativity going around about mass gatherings not be allowed til 2 years time

The 3arena was running up until the start of March this year. I wonder how many infections came from that ?

Suckit wrote: »

Yeah Belgium has ruled out mass gatherings until 31 August too.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah Belgium has ruled out mass gatherings until 31 August too.

Yea Pukkelpop has been cancelled which is like 2-3weeks before EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Summer and most of Autumn 2020 is going to be a total write off I think. No chance of EP happening I don't think. I have tickets for a gig in Berlin in October, fingers crossed. I desperately need something to look forward to!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Summer and most of Autumn 2020 is going to be a total write off I think. No chance of EP happening I don't think. I have tickets for a gig in Berlin in October, fingers crossed. I desperately need something to look forward to!

I think so unfortunately. Had tickets for Bon Iver in May and that's pushed to next January, the National in June which will probably be cancelled in a few weeks and few gigs in September. Think it might be next year unfortunately alright at the earliest but would be great if it was earlier if it was safe to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Ian Brown's Irish tour has now been rescheduled for October / November 2020. All original tickets remain valid for the rescheduled dates. Unfortunately Ian's show in Belfast has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Tickets for Belfast are refundable from point of purchase.
    Tickets for all dates are on sale now from the following link: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/ian-brown-tickets/artist/779371
    OCTOBER 2020
    29 - Limerick Live At The Big Top
    30 - Cork Opera House
    31 - Dublin Olympia Theatre
    NOVEMBER 2020
    02 - Derry Millennium Forum Theatre & Conference Centre
    03 - Galway Leisureland

• Registered Users Posts: 34,285 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm expecting all Iveagh Gardens gigs to be cancelled soon. I have tickets for Fontaines DC. Realistically any of the gigs in that series can only take place in that venue a year later if they happen at all...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

MadYaker wrote: »
    Not looking like any gigs before Christmas.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Vantastival moved from the end of May until the middle of September...and even that might not happen now...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I know she hadnt announced an Irish show here this year but Taylor Swift has cancelled her European tour

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Any news on Celine Dion yet? Wonder if she’ll cancel or postpone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

BSK wrote: »
    Any news on Celine Dion yet? Wonder if she’ll cancel or postpone

Her tour will almost certainly be postponed.
    Her European tour is due to begin on the 21st of May in Prague and last till September,Dublin gigs are the last week of the tour.
    The whole tour will be postponed a year I'd imagine.

Advertisement