Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

the announcement is on monday,the gig probably wont be on a monday

Oh my first comment was bout the announcement next Monday, but second paragraph was just bout the Weezer gig which is on a Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Would rather see Weezer on their own in somewhere like the Olympia or Vicar Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Duffy98 wrote: »
    You can sign up for pre-sale for Green day on their website and mcd's facebook page. Id recommend doing both and using both links on monday i think everyone will be using the mcd one so tickets will be scarce on that i can imagine. 79.50 is a decent price considering the three acts. I dont think Slane would top it for the lineup surely this will be uo their for gig of the year already it will definitely sell out

Their website says pre-sale is 17th which is Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Duff wrote: »
    Their website says pre-sale is 17th which is Tuesday?
    Id still sign up to it anyway it might be a mistake in the date and theyll send an email on the Monday. There will be tickets on it anyway incase you missed out on the ones you wanted from the MCD one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Id still sign up to it anyway it might be a mistake in the date and theyll send an email on the Monday. There will be tickets on it anyway incase you missed out on the ones you wanted from the MCD one

I've signed up anyway. MCD are saying their pre-sale is on the Wednesday now too.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I've signed up anyway. MCD are saying their pre-sale is on the Wednesday now too.:confused:
    Bands pre order presale is the Tuesday
    MCD and bands mailing lists are Wednesday’s

Just saw that their the dates are all over the place youll get an email on the day anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fail to get a ticket keep an eye on toutless and Facebook groups etc. Production seats etc get released closer

Be on the ball whatever pre sale or the public sale and I be fine hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Regarding presales - my buddy insisted on buying seated tickets for Slipknot in presale and you want to see the absolute state of the seats he got. Row 40 in block L or something like that.

Loads of seats in block C etc still available of course. I warned him but he wouldn't listen! I've a good mind to tell him to shtick them up his hole! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭Zardoz

budgemook wrote: »
    Regarding presales - my buddy insisted on buying seated tickets for Slipknot in presale and you want to see the absolute state of the seats he got. Row 40 in block L or something like that.

Loads of seats in block C etc still available of course. I warned him but he wouldn't listen! I've a good mind to tell him to shtick them up his hole! :D

He can change the seats ,ring up Ticketmaster and they will change them.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360019928573-Fan-Guarantee

• Advertisement

They always do that for the pre-sales they sell off the worst seats to desperate fans who want to get the tickets before the panic of the general sale. I managed to get standing on the day but apparently they were gone after 20 minutes or less. I would only get the pre-sale tickets for standing cause the seats are usually up in the nosebleeds cause they know they wont be able to get rid of them for the general sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Is anyone signed up to the coronas mailing list can PM me the presale link please. ( these tickets go on sale tomorrow) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They always do that for the pre-sales they sell off the worst seats to desperate fans who want to get the tickets before the panic of the general sale. I managed to get standing on the day but apparently they were gone after 20 minutes or less. I would only get the pre-sale tickets for standing cause the seats are usually up in the nosebleeds cause they know they wont be able to get rid of them for the general sale

Disagree massively. There's just a smaller allocation with a proportionate smaller allocation of good seats.

In both the Snow Patrol and Hozier presales last week, I got brilliant seats (in the front ten rows of seating) and couldn't get a sniff of any other seats for Snow Patrol in the general sale and only nosebleeds for Hozier.

I've often gotten presale tickets in flat seating areas in the 3Arena too.

Zardoz wrote: »
    He can change the seats ,ring up Ticketmaster and they will change them.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360019928573-Fan-Guarantee

Thanks but looks like this has to be within 24 hours.

No ,you can exchange anytime up to the day before the gig.
    Its worded poorly .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can see why presales etc work cause getting ticket prices off ur credit card is a nice feeling esp with today's prices

I waited out gigs and got cheap tickets a few weeks/months before it but financial situations change like an instant and it's always nice to look forward too having that ****e quality thing in ur hand through the good and bad times In life

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Deenie78

I've done this at least 3 times and gotten good seats - call 0818 901 001 - there's a small surcharge but it's totally worth it. If you're happy to play chicken there's usually even better seats closer to the date when they sometimes release tickets held for press, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

2 tickets for Bon Iver in London in the bag.. not cheap but solid tickets (£125 including a £5 delivery fee).

3 nights (Fri/Sat/Sun) in a cheap-but-cheerful Premier Inn out by Wembley Stadium for under £100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I went for Dublin myself - two standing for €113, including Ticketmaster charges and facilities fees (? are they new?).

The Sunday of a bank holiday weekend so no time off required. Now I just need to find a couch to sleep on to avoid a Dublin hotel price...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I went for Dublin myself - two standing for €113, including Ticketmaster charges and facilities fees (? are they new?).

The Sunday of a bank holiday weekend so no time off required. Now I just need to find a couch to sleep on to avoid a Dublin hotel price...

Same as! Thought the fees were fairly saucy..

• Advertisement

Now I just need to find a couch to sleep on to avoid a Dublin hotel price...
    €200 for The Gibson.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Basq wrote: »

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭fafy

I often drive up and down, or, use Aircoach, no way i am paying that kind of money, or, stay in a hostel private room, only sleeping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Quick look says there's a few decent 4* twin rooms on booking.com
    €119 for
    Skylon
    Grand Canal Hotel
    Sandymount Hotel

Gibson is silly money if you're not looking for it

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

2 tickets for Bon Iver in London in the bag.. not cheap but solid tickets (£125 including a £5 delivery fee).

3 nights (Fri/Sat/Sun) in a cheap-but-cheerful Premier Inn out by Wembley Stadium for under £100.

It's a great hotel, a 2 minute walk from the venue. Stayed there last October for Smashing Pumpkins.

Thanks for the tip on changing seats - have good seats now!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

We're going to London as well. Picked up six standing tickets. I got two via ticketmaster and was charged £13.50 for delivery as I had no UK address. No option for mobile tickets. I went back in via the email link for the presale and I was routed to SSE Wembley Arena site. There you could buy Mobile Fast tickets all in for £60 a ticket.

I was looking into booking someone out by Wembley but will only be going out that way for the gig itself so plan to stay somewhere more central.

Thanks for the tip on changing seats - have good seats now!

Very good.

I notice Ticketmaster have changed the wording on it to make it look like you only have 24 hours within purchase to exchange tickets.
    Probably deliberately done to mislead customers .
    Its a very handy feature to have ,I've used it to upgrade decent seats to great seats for a good few gigs .

We're going to London as well. Picked up six standing tickets. I got two via ticketmaster and was charged £13.50 for delivery as I had no UK address. No option for mobile tickets. I went back in via the email link for the presale and I was routed to SSE Wembley Arena site. There you could buy Mobile Fast tickets all in for £60 a ticket.
    Hmm.. interesting.

Yeah, was no options for mobile ticket so chose ROI delivery but was only £4.95 shipping to ROI.
    I was looking into booking someone out by Wembley but will only be going out that way for the gig itself so plan to stay somewhere more central.
    True enough.. but an Oyster card is your best friend - only 20 minutes to West End from Wembley on Tube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Pet Shop Boys just announced a greatest hits tour this morning.

https://petshopboys.co.uk/news/2019-09-11/dreamworld-greatest-hits-tour

Going to London and Cardiff myself, but wouldn't they be ideal for one of the Trinity College shows?

Advertisement