Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wtf is up with Ticketmaster? Can you not sign in before tickets go on sale now or is this stupid website automatically logging me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

Thanks to all who mentioned the Bright Eyes gig on this thread - only spotted it here and picked up two tickets on general release this morning - 88.90e total for the 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kodaline playing the Olympia on May 27, May 28 and June 1.

All sold out so they've added the 2nd, 3rd and 5th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

All sold out so they've added the 2nd, 3rd and 5th of June.

Surely a night in the three arena would have been more suited then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Surely a night in the three arena would have been more suited then?

They'll do the 3Arena later on as its just a warm up for the new album out.

Also Courtney Barnett has been announced to support Nick Cave on his UK + Ireland tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Kodaline's popularity is one of lifes great mysteries. Up there with Jack the Ripper and Cleopatra's tomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Marky Ramone in the grand Social June 27th...great craic last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Also Courtney Barnett has been announced to support Nick Cave on his UK + Ireland tour

Delighted with this news!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Brilliant support but I'd far prefer her to have her own gig.

The Nal wrote: »
    Kodaline's popularity is one of lifes great mysteries. Up there with Jack the Ripper and Cleopatra's tomb.

kids these days love non offensive harmless stuff that they can listen to with their mothers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

kids these days love non offensive harmless stuff that they can listen to with their mothers.

Throw in picture this for that matter. Are they even remotely known outside of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

That's gonna be one excellent gig!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The Nal wrote: »
    Throw in picture this for that matter. Are they even remotely known outside of Ireland?

Lads, peoples taste in music is different.

The fans of those bands would laugh at you for listening to rock/thrash/dance/whatever …..

Music is for everyone, Music snobbery is misplaced.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    Lads, peoples taste in music is different.

The fans of those bands would laugh at you for listening to rock/thrash/dance/whatever …..

Music is for everyone, Music snobbery is misplaced.

not in the case of kodeline and picture this,

the 3 examples you gave rock/thrash and dance are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Brilliant support but I'd far prefer her to have her own gig.

Yep!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.joe.ie/music/foo-fighters-touring-summer-theres-good-news-irish-fans-693307

Meh saw them twice over the last 2 years. Awesome band and show but too soon for me too see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.joe.ie/music/foo-fighters-touring-summer-theres-good-news-irish-fans-693307

Meh saw them twice over the last 2 years. Awesome band and show but too soon for me too see them again

Also their gig predictions are very hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

Eod100 wrote: »
    Also their gig predictions are very hit and miss

As much as I like the foo fighters and the RDS gig was absolute quality. I wonder would it be too soon for them to play again here. If it was inside the 3arena I would consider it, and depending on the dates as well. Would be interesting which dates they would play here.

Reckon all the big shows for the summer are announced by now and the euros have a big impact on touring bands

2021 could be a decent year, Nowlan Park in kilkenny seem to have shows every 2/3 years (Bob and Neil Young there last year) and could see Bruce return there. Slane could return and finally see ACDC there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Paul weller playing the Olympia 27th October and belfast Ulster hall on 25th October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Reckon all the big shows for the summer are announced by now and the euros have a big impact on touring bands

2021 could be a decent year, Nowlan Park in kilkenny seem to have shows every 2/3 years (Bob and Neil Young there last year) and could see Bruce return there. Slane could return and finally see ACDC there

I can imagine we will get maybe one or two gigs announced but other than that id say thats the summer done in terms of gigs cant see any other ones. Your right id say the euro championships has played a major role in the lack of big gigs across europe seems Gnr and Green day are the only acts doing big enough tours during that time. Id say Next year will be back to normal with a Slane and a jam packed June as usual id say the next big announcement will be Picnic on the 11th and id say itll be Liam Gallagher , Kings of Leon , RATM as the headliners seeing as their doing the festivals during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

No slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Has there been no Slane announcement? Guess there might not be gig there this year then

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd hazard that Slane Castle gigs might be a bi-annual thing from now on.

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I can imagine we will get maybe one or two gigs announced but other than that id say thats the summer done in terms of gigs cant see any other ones. Your right id say the euro championships has played a major role in the lack of big gigs across europe seems Gnr and Green day are the only acts doing big enough tours during that time. Id say Next year will be back to normal with a Slane and a jam packed June as usual id say the next big announcement will be Picnic on the 11th and id say itll be Liam Gallagher , Kings of Leon , RATM as the headliners seeing as their doing the festivals during that time.

Liam Gallagher must live here ha

Cramming all gigs into June is quite annoying tbh but suppose its prime time. As far as I can see not many major gigs here July/August only festivals (some which wont sell day tickets)

hoping to get to one of elton John's shows and ozzys at the end of the year but sadly can't see ozzys going ahead again

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Liam Gallagher must live here ha

Cramming all gigs into June is quite annoying tbh but suppose its prime time. As far as I can see not many major gigs here July/August only festivals (some which wont sell day tickets)

hoping to get to one of elton John's shows and ozzys at the end of the year but sadly can't see ozzys going ahead again

Yeah Liam has a gig here every couple of months like fair play to him if the demands there why wouldnt he. I actually got a ticket for Elton over christmas so thats an act ticked off of the bucket list.
    Had Ozzy tickets and just refunded them only tine ill buy them is once i see him coming out of the 3arena after a soundcheck. From what ive seen that man hasnt long at all when he was recording that album he had that mic right in his face and sitting in a chair he can barely stand it seems so ive no idea how hes going to stand and run around for an hour and a half. Slanes a bi-annual thing now yeah as one of the posters said above it seems it makes sense theyve to fibd the right act cause i can imagine it costs a fortune to organise, book the act and it really needs to sell out to make it profitable and ive no doubt its AC/DC and seeing as its the euros this year id say theyll start in south america , usa and once its summer 2021 itll be europe

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Yeah Liam has a gig here every couple of months like fair play to him if the demands there why wouldnt he. I actually got a ticket for Elton over christmas so thats an act ticked off of the bucket list.
    Had Ozzy tickets and just refunded them only tine ill buy them is once i see him coming out of the 3arena after a soundcheck. From what ive seen that man hasnt long at all when he was recording that album he had that mic right in his face and sitting in a chair he can barely stand it seems so ive no idea how hes going to stand and run around for an hour and a half. Slanes a bi-annual thing now yeah as one of the posters said above it seems it makes sense theyve to fibd the right act cause i can imagine it costs a fortune to organise, book the act and it really needs to sell out to make it profitable and ive no doubt its AC/DC and seeing as its the euros this year id say theyll start in south america , usa and once its summer 2021 itll be europe

I'm hoping I'll pick up a ticket for elton John nearer to the gig

Same as u for ozzy got a refund and will buy closer to the gig but not expecting it to happen. Saw him with sabbath so will gladly accept that but not seeing priest is the real bummer

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd hazard that Slane Castle gigs might be a bi-annual thing from now on.

Twice a year? Nah. Biennial? Maybe. Slane has always been a bit random. I don't think it will be formalised into an every other year event.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The Foo Fighters are reportedly due to make an announcement...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Reznorek wrote: »
    Alanis Morissette - Dublin 3Arena 1.10

"UK & Ireland, if you’d like a first shot at tickets starting at 9am on 2/25, you can pre-order the album from the u.k. webstore & get a download of ’smiling’ too �� http://ukstore.alanis.com/

General on sale is friday, 2/28."
    Presale at 10am this morning
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/venueartist/197033/775998?did=elaserptsitra&camefrom=GLSAlanis
    Code: SM1L1NG20

Advertisement