Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Mushy wrote: »
    Overdrive seemingly gave another announcement at 11. Literally just a post saying 11am, so dont think itll be anything too major

Another batch of bands for clang fest at 60 quid a ticket im expecting a big ish name something along the lines of a my dying bride or similar sized act who's not playing sunstroke or belsonic maybe rotting christ they seem to love coming over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,291 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Another batch of bands for clang fest at 60 quid a ticket im expecting a big ish name something along the lines of a my dying bride or similar sized act who's not playing sunstroke or belsonic maybe rotting christ they seem to love coming over here.

Seems it was Candlemass for some festival which is I assume the one you meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem fame is playing District 8 on May 30th.
    Support from **** Robot and Kelly Anne Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Bright Eyes playing Vicar St in September

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

And it's a Friday, delightful :D

Anyone spots the presale link do share please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Bastards. I mean if you're not going to play Electric picnic, grand but don't put your first Irish show in 18 years on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Bastards. I mean if you're not going to play Electric picnic, grand but don't put your first Irish show in 18 years on the same day.

Sure EP is well sold out by now but yeah would think there would be a fair few who would have tried to go to both! Either way should sell out Vicar St sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Seems it was Candlemass for some festival which is I assume the one you meant.

Yep a decent announcement to be fair hsaping up to be a good day out

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nestegg

maximoose wrote: »
    And it's a Friday, delightful :D

Anyone spots the presale link do share please

2020be

Bright Eyes presale.

I am glad that Big Thief and Bright Eyes are swerving E.P as it's a terrible place to see bands of their ilk unless you are a fan of half empty tents.

I've seen the password but can't find the link to access!

edit: Got it just now from Selective Memory mail :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sure EP is well sold out by now but yeah would think there would be a fair few who would have tried to go to both! Either way should sell out Vicar St sharpish

Would love to see the Venn diagram of really angry Bright Eyes and Rage Against the Machine fans who will miss out on long awaited returns due to venue choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

maximoose wrote:
    edit: Got it just now from Selective Memory mail

maximoose wrote:

Can you please forward that onto me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

Can you please forward that onto me?

Me too please and thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any chance you could PM the link as well please.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 j.l

Would really appreciate the link and password too please, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭ngunners

j.l wrote: »
    Would really appreciate the link and password too please, thank you!

I would also like the link if someone could send it please?

Edit: got sorted. Thanks to the two users who pm'd me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kodaline playing the Olympia on May 27, May 28 and June 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

More news on sunstroke Thursday probably a couple of acts added to the Sunday cause the Saturdays fairly full

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Duffy98 wrote: »
    More news on sunstroke Thursday probably a couple of acts added to the Sunday cause the Saturdays fairly full

By my count they've 25 bands announced for each day so far. Saturday looks more full because the bands have longer names :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Think the most recent announcements kinda flew under the radar

https://twitter.com/SunStrokeFest/status/1229441328666349569

https://twitter.com/SunStrokeFest/status/1225781405009010688

I imagine there won't be any major announcements from here on out (though I kinda live in hope!)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Think the most recent announcements kinda flew under the radar

https://twitter.com/SunStrokeFest/status/1229441328666349569

https://twitter.com/SunStrokeFest/status/1225781405009010688

I imagine there won't be any major announcements from here on out (though I kinda live in hope!)

No I just saw it on overdrive that there was some news about it tomorrow can't go unfortunately. like for their first time bringing it back the line-up isnt that bad at all i'd say they are just testing the waters and if theres a demand for it theyll make it a yearly thing. I think if it was on around the time that RATM would be around Europe it would of been perfect but i hope it becomes a yearly festival cause a lot of these acts don't tour here on their own so it may be the only opportunity to see them without having to go abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 21,291 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The Darkness playing festivals all over Europe, would fit right in. Sceptical if was a band that size though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No I just saw it on overdrive that there was some news about it tomorrow can't go unfortunately. like for their first time bringing it back the line-up isnt that bad at all i'd say they are just testing the waters and if theres a demand for it theyll make it a yearly thing. I think if it was on around the time that RATM would be around Europe it would of been perfect but i hope it becomes a yearly festival cause a lot of these acts don't tour here on their own so it may be the only opportunity to see them without having to go abroad

I think they are being smart with starting small and to grow the brand/festival over time to test out the demand.
    The Darkness playing festivals all over Europe, would fit right in. Sceptical if was a band that size though

Id love if they announced a few bands for the Friday night if they decide to open the campsite on that day(even 3 or 4 bands on the Main Stage) like the Darkness/Steel Panther or even announce if there will be any entertainment once the bands finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Lets be honest - Th Hu suck.

Personally I feel Mastodon should be above Sep and Gojira on the bill. They have a great body of work and Emperor Of Sand is one of the best rock albums of the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Any idea how much the Bright Eyes tickets are lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Any idea how much the Bright Eyes tickets are lads?

45ish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

45ish

Jesus thats...........actually reasonable. cheers.

Yep was 45 inc fee for standing

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

Alanis Morissette - Dublin 3Arena 1.10

"UK & Ireland, if you’d like a first shot at tickets starting at 9am on 2/25, you can pre-order the album from the u.k. webstore & get a download of ’smiling’ too �� http://ukstore.alanis.com/

General on sale is friday, 2/28."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Reznorek wrote: »
    Alanis Morissette - Dublin 3Arena 1.10

"UK & Ireland, if you’d like a first shot at tickets starting at 9am on 2/25, you can pre-order the album from the u.k. webstore & get a download of ’smiling’ too �� http://ukstore.alanis.com/

General on sale is friday, 2/28."

And just to note as always, you don't actually need to preorder the album for a presale code.

Advertisement