Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,184 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Arent they touring with Motley Crue , poison and joan jett in the states? I know Kings of Leon have been announcing loads of European dates and that the chilli's are also aoiund europe it could be one of them but tbh it could be virtually anyone. No point getting the expectations high anyway i think if it was a massive act it would be known by now

maybe the announcement is for WWE NXT UK takeover Dublin at the 3arena on the 26th April :pac::pac:

Its Wrestling for anyone that doesnt knw ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    maybe the announcement is for WWE NXT UK takeover Dublin at the 3arena on the 26th April :pac::pac:

Its Wrestling for anyone that doesnt knw ha

Takeover in Dublin?!
    Seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

The "big announcement" is fu manchu in the button factory september 28th. Never heard of them glad i keep the expectations very low these days the clickbait and over hyping of gigs is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 20,945 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The "big announcement" is fu manchu in the button factory september 28th. Never heard of them glad i keep the expectations very low these days the clickbait and over hyping of gigs is ridiculous

Saw them mid nineties..awesome , but if you’ve never heard of them we better cancel it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I hope they announce for Belfast too. Saw them in the Limelight years ago. They were class.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Saw them mid nineties..awesome , but if you’ve never heard of them we better cancel it

Im just making the point that there is no need to hype up gigs like that cause all it leads to is dissapointment cause they say on a Friday "big announcement" on monday leading you believe its a big act and it turns out to be a gig in the button factory. Im sure some people are delighted with the announcement. But you getting a bit triggered by me saying I never heard of them is laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Penfailed wrote: »
    I hope they announce for Belfast too. Saw them in the Limelight years ago. They were class.

Looks like it's just London, Dublin and Birmingham.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Im just making the point that there is no need to hype up gigs like that cause all it leads to is dissapointment cause they say on a Friday "big announcement" on monday leading you believe its a big act and it turns out to be a gig in the button factory. Im sure some people are delighted with the announcement. But you getting a bit triggered by me saying I never heard of them is laughable

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The chat in this thread is class tbf

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Takeover in Dublin?!
    Seriously??

Well it's the NXT UK brand but its live on the wwe network and the closet ireland will get to hosting a PPV

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Takeover in Dublin?!
    Seriously??

Well it's the NXT UK brand but its live on the wwe network and the closet ireland will get to hosting a PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

In my view you airing your annoyance due to an announcement not meeting your needs was more triggered than the subsequent response which I'm assuming was relying heavily on sarcasm.

Overdrive.ie's platform seems pretty clear it is to promote Rock and Metal I'm not quite sure why they'd choose to only endorse the more mainstream side of things it would be an exceptionally limited resource were that the case.

I'm old enough to remember the days of Asphalt Risin and Squash that Fly videos being giving a spin on the likes of MTV2, give them a go perhaps? Nothing wrong with the Button Factory either, could be a good show...

In my view you airing your annoyance due to an announcement not meeting your needs was more triggered than the subsequent response which I'm assuming was relying heavily on sarcasm.

Overdrive.ie's platform seems pretty clear it is to promote Rock and Metal I'm not quite sure why they'd choose to only endorse the more mainstream side of things it would be an exceptionally limited resource were that the case.

I'm old enough to remember the days of Asphalt Risin and Squash that Fly videos being giving a spin on the likes of MTV2, give them a go perhaps? Nothing wrong with the Button Factory either, could be a good show...

button factory in my opinion was the best venue in dublin until the academy got a sound upgrade. it's still one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,676 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

button factory in my opinion was the best venue in dublin until the academy got a sound upgrade. it's still one of the best.

Vicar St still the best for me.

Button Factory good too.

The Academy is only good if you're in one of the good select spots. Barrier upstairs or a small part of downstairs. Downstairs can ruin a gig because its basically people ordering drinks behind you.

Same for The Village/Opium or whatever it is. Olympia similar downstairs. Anywhere under the ceiling is pants.

We badly need a 5ker with a similar layout to Vicar St. No low ceilings or bars in the venue ruining the sound. Just nice and open for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

except when they have that door directly into the bar banging every couple of minutes, headwreck at Beak recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Vicar street is the best for me.

Burty330 wrote: »
    The point flew over your head well. Somebody said RATM could sell out 3 nights at the 02 as well as Marley Park. I disputed that.

Not even Guns n Roes are selling out Marley Park and their fanbase is double , if not triple the size Rage's.

RATM may have sold out 10 years ago , but 10 years is a long time and people grow up.

you know rage were out in the early 90s? we're in our 40's now and haven't grown up at all

The Nal wrote: »
    Vicar St still the best for me.

Button Factory good too.

The Academy is only good if you're in one of the good select spots. Barrier upstairs or a small part of downstairs. Downstairs can ruin a gig because its basically people ordering drinks behind you.

Same for The Village/Opium or whatever it is. Olympia similar downstairs. Anywhere under the ceiling is pants.

We badly need a 5ker with a similar layout to Vicar St. No low ceilings or bars in the venue ruining the sound. Just nice and open for all to see.

before the academy was upgraded i was at a cannibal corpse gig there and for some reason they mixed one guitar left and one right.....in such a wide space it was a weird set up...so if you're on one side and one guitar paused, you heard nothing until he started again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This thread is an absolute mess. About 3 gig posts amongst the last 30/35 posts (plus this one). These gig threads used to be a great resource, now there's an inane amount of clutter to wade through.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

you know rage were out in the early 90s? we're in our 40's now and haven't grown up at all

Its a common to mistake to confuse RATM with Limp Bizkit.. I think a lot of Limp Bizkit fans will be attending the upcoming Rage concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Its a common to mistake to confuse RATM with Limp Bizkit.. I think a lot of Limp Bizkit fans will be attending the upcoming Rage concerts.

It's a common mistake for people to confuse a novelty nu metal band that sings about dicks and ****ing with an extreme left wing political alt rock group?

Where is that common?
    In the Dail?

BadTurtle wrote: »
    It's a common mistake for people to confuse a novelty nu metal band that sings about dicks and ****ing with an extreme left wing political alt rock group?

Where is that common?
    In the Dail?

I think in the grand scheme of things their lyrics are no more profound than Crazy Town's - come my baby , come come by baby , you're my butterfly , sugar baby.
    A lot of Crazy Town fans will likely be at the upcoming gigs too come to think of it

I thnk the point flew over your head anyhow cos 10 years ago is when Rage last played in this country. Furiuos Red only thanked your post cos I clowned him before 100's of posters in the politics thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I think in the grand scheme of things their lyrics are no more profound than Crazy Town's - come my baby , come come by baby , you're my butterfly , sugar baby.
    A lot of Crazy Town fans will likely be at the upcoming gigs too come to think of it

1. Theres no such thing as a Crazy Town fan in 2020.
    2. Being reductive in an argument about music tends to just highlight your own ignorance. Maybe something to consider in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Furiuos Red only thanked your post cos I clowned him before 100's of posters in the politics thread!

You really have to feel for Furiuos Red alright, getting so roundly clowned by such a consummate clowner. Will he ever recover?!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

Take it somewhere else please. It's gone off topic. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Ozzy Osborne has cancelled the entire 2020 tour on health grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

laros wrote: »
    Ozzy Osborne has cancelled the entire 2020 tour on health grounds.

Just the North American leg (for the moment anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Just the North American leg (for the moment anyway).

My bad... i was sent a link on the phone and read it wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,289 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Overdrive seemingly gave another announcement at 11. Literally just a post saying 11am, so dont think itll be anything too major

Advertisement